[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's try to predict the starter final stats, from what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 1415913701277.png (253KB, 519x668px) Image search: [Google]
1415913701277.png
253KB, 519x668px
So let's try to predict the starter final stats, from what we know the water and fire starter are going to be fast offensive mons where Rowlet is going to be more bulky and probably also slow but not Chestnaught tier slow cause even bulkier birds like Noctowl and Mandibuzz posses some speed

Rowlet
HP 80
Atk 70
Def 85
SpAtk 110
SpDef 105
Spe 80

Litten

HP 70
Atk 105
Def 65
SpAtk 105
SpDef 65
Spe 120

Popplio

HP 75
Atk 105
Def 70
SpAtk 95
SpDef 80
Spe 105
>>
why is ppopplio faster than rowlet
>>
>>26273673

>Slow bulky Grass/Flying type.

Dead in the fucking water.
>>
>>26274462
Ice Beam
>>
>>26274484
H-He'll get Gale Wings...r-right?
>>
Rowlet talks about having powerful kicks, so it could very well be a physical attacker.

Litten is probably a fast sweeper, but I could see it getting bulkier and having a solid defense stat.

Popplio is probably going to be a special attacker. Maybe bulky with a signature defensive bubble move.

>>26274484
Until it gets a thick fat equivelent as a hidden ability
>>
>>26274584
Even with thick fat Ice Beam still obliterates it,
>>
>>26273673

>Rowlet slow
>slower than Popplio
>owl slower than seal

Well because OP is dumb:

Rowlet: fast physical attacker
Litten: very fast special attacker
Popplio: slow bulky mixed attacker
>>
Are you guys retarded? Rowlet description says that he attacks so fast that the foe don't even notice it coming.
So fuck you with your Thick Fat meme, he'll have a non-stall ability like Gale Wings or something.
>>
>>26274648
I can get behind this. Personally I expected Litten to be a fast special attacker, and popplio being a bulky mixed

>>26274664
>Gale Wings
>Literally on any flying type
When will this meme die
>>
>>26274602
Not really. It's still 2x weak sure, but it wouldn't obliterate it. Especially since most ice moves won't be coming off a stab boost. The only other weaknesses left are poison and rock, which is at least viable for a defensive pokemon.
>>
Why does GF like making starters shitty?
>>
>>26274648
>thinking Popplio will end up being the same as Samurott

the site mentions Popplio being fast and able to perfom stunts and jumps on land

>>26274664
yeah that slipped through my mind it may end up being phisical but remember Sceptile
>>
File: FWG core.png (331KB, 450x432px) Image search: [Google]
FWG core.png
331KB, 450x432px
>>26273673
I came up with this a few days ago based on what I thought would make them OU viable.

Rowlet Final
Grass/Flying
HA: No Guard
Gets Hurricane and Focus Blast
HP 105
Atk 71
Def 66
SpA 104
SpD 72
Spe 112

Litten Final
Fire/Dark
HA: Regenerator
Gets U-Turn and Energy Ball
HP 73
Atk 87
Def 85
SpA 107
SpD 63
Spe 119

Popplio Final
Water/Fairy
HA: Magic Guard
Gets Slack Off and Rapid Spin
HP 95
Atk 71
Def 104
SpA 82
SpD 106
Spe 72
>>
>>26274815

It still mentions that it moves worse on land. So it might have reasonable speed, but it will still be slower than the others.
>>
>>26274858

>a bird getting focus blast

Yeah no. Not unless it has non-avian hands like Archeops and Noivern.
>>
>>26274881
Focus Blast uses mental power. It's not out of the question, especially since Togekiss gets Aura Sphere and Arceus gets Focus Blast.
>>
>>26274648
Rowlett is bulky, it's probably not getting any slimmier than that, that's why people assume it wil l be slower than Popplio. Litten obviously will be the fastest but also most fragile.
>>
File: Korrina_Machoke_Focus_Blast.png (1005KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Korrina_Machoke_Focus_Blast.png
1005KB, 1280x720px
>>26274997

Legendaries break distribution rules, they get moves just because. Aura Sphere doesn't require hands but Focus Blast specifically does.
>>
>>26274865
won't be faster than Litten but still faster than Rowlet, still the owl could get speed boost as HA since when they dash to catch their prey their speed rapidity increases
>>
>>26275064

>still faster than Rowlet

How the fuck do you figure that an awkward seal is going to move faster than a predatory bird? You're out of your mind son.
>>
>>26274815

fast in the WATER
>>
>>26275083
the same way a slug is faster than a spider
>>
>>26273673
Hard to tell at the moment if Rowlet, Litten and Popplio will be physical, special or mixed.

The official website mentions Litten and Popplio learning Ember and Water Gun, but that does not mean much since the starters always get them.

Rowlet though gets a new move called Leafage, which is interesting because it raises the question why they didn't just give it Vine Whip original Razor Leaf. Possibly it's because Razor Leaf is too strong and Vine Whip does not fit Rowlet very well, but maybe they wanted it to have a special base 40 Grass move without a side effect, and introduced a new move because of that. Might not be anything though, Turtwig starts with Absorb and Torterra is mainly physical in the end.

I'm hoping for fast special Rowlet, super fast physical Litten and support Popplio with one decent attacking stat. No more mixed attackers please, those are always so disappointing.
>>
>>26275128

By that "logic" you could argue it will be faster than Litten, too. Good luck with that.
>>
>>26273673
>special attacking grass type

It's like you people are dead fucking set on making him garbage.
>>
>>26275061
Are you only going by the anime to say that? Lucario uses its hands to form Aura Sphere too. I don't see anything strict indicating this stuff.
>>
>>26275061
Yveltal, Escavalier, Hydreigon, Dragalgae, Accelgor and Carracosta all learn Focus Blast. I know you mentioned legends but it's worth noting Yveltal is the only Pokemon that learns it by level up. I do not think Focus Blast requires hands at all.
>>
>>26275209

No I'm going by the distribution. Look the move up and look at the Pokemon that get it.

Some moves are manifested in various ways, but Focus Blast specifically requires hands or hand-like appendages. Conventional wings apparently don't count if you look at the Pokemon that get it.
>>
>>26275222

All of those have something akin to arms and hands. As long as they can form a kamehameha they can use it.

Notice how dragalge learns it but kingdra doesn't.
>>
>>26275237
>>26275287
>Notice how dragalge learns it but kingdra doesn't.
You're really pushing it if you think fins qualify for Focus Blast but wings don't.
>>
>>26275336

I'm not the one who decides that, Gamefreak is. And based on the distribution fins count if GF decides that they're sufficiently hand-like.
>>
Rowlet
100 HP
130 Atk
50 Def
80 Special Atk
50 SDef
120 speed

Ability: Reckless, learns woodhammer, HJK and Brave Bird

Litten

70 HP
70 ATK
50 DEF
120 SATK
90 Special Defense
130 Speed

Ability: Saboteur: Special version of intimidate
An offensive pivot. Learns a fire version of U-Turn

Popplio

120 HP
80 Atk
100 Defense
100 Special Attack
50 special defense
80 speed

Ability: Simple. Learns Calm Mind and Curse. Bulky Offense with nice utility.
>>
>>26275380
Well it seems like you're pushing this headcanon. GF would break your pattern if you had tried to maintain it pre-Gen 6, with Dragalge gaining the move.

In fact, Volcanion even learns Focus Blast and since it's quadrupedal, it likely uses those two tubes, which adds to the idea it doesn't have to be arms.

And of course, Zygarde learns Focus Blast, although you'll probably chalk that up to it being a Legend.
>>
>>26275442

Yes, that is why. The pattern is right in front of you. You can deny it all you want but it's right there. Rowlet won't get Focus Blast unless they significantly change its design direction.
>>
>>26275500
They don't need to significantly change its direction, just add fingertip plumes to its wings like Tornadus-T since that gets Focus Blast too, so it's not a big deal. But my point about Dragalge still stands.
>>
>>26275500
B-B-BUT MUH PATTURNS!
>>
>>26275551

No, it doesn't. It specifically has long ass fins that most aquatic mons don't, which is why it learns it and they don't.

Tornadus is both a legendary and has a humanoid form. Same reason Primeape can learn Iron Tail despite losing Mankey's tail when it evolves.
>>
>>26275733
>It specifically has long ass fins that most aquatic mons don't, which is why it learns it and they don't.

So fins are somehow an exception to actual hands? There are many Pokemon with fins that don't get it. There are even Pokemon with webbed hands that don't get it, like Greninja. What you abide by as a rule is just a receding circle of assumption.

And Beheeyem can learn Steel Wing even though it doesn't make sense, for the sake of a joke. There are no clear rules, it's just whatever they want.
>>
>>26275930

I didn't say every Pokemon that could thematically learn a move learns it. Gengar could learn Nasty Plot but it obviously won't.

But every move that Pokemon learn has to abide by the thematic requirements. I didn't say they have to be actual hands, I said they have to be sufficiently hand-like. Blissey has little blobs but those count too. It's just apparent that Gamefreak decided wings don't count, unless they have non-avian hands like Archeops.
>>
it'd be funny if popplio turned into a big fat goofy fuck
>>
>>26276034
It's nothing apparent, just that they didn't learn it. The time came for something with a fin to learn Focus Blast so it did, where nothing with a fin beforehand would object to it being a sudden exception to this 'rule'. Thus, it's not out of the question for something with traditional wings or even wings that softly resemble hands to learn Focus Blast in the future. After all, we're still talking about hypothetical Pokemon. I'm keeping an open mind since it's Game Freak we're talking about -- Gen 2 had no fossils, Gen 5 had two legendary trios where Gen 6 had none, Gen 4 had two Mew clones where Gen 6 had none, we got a dual type starter first stage for the second time, etc.
>>
>>26276176

Carracosta learned it. Dragalge didn't set the precedent. Nothing prior to that had similarly long or arm-like fins. It didn't break the pattern.
>>
>>26276312
You can look at it two ways.
- Carracosta and Dragalge are both exceptionsto a surprisingly restricted distribution among fin mons.
- Carracosta's flippers qualify as 'hands' by your previous rule based on the solidified finger bones made visible, leaving Dragalge as the only one.
>>
>>26274808
>starters shitty
>charizard
>venusaur
>feraligtr
>sceptile
>blazekin
>greninja
>serperior

all OU or Uber
Also blastoise and infernape are UU
>>
>>26276437

>Serperior

How? I'm Actually curious, not trying to start some shitposting anon
>>
>>26277365
contrary serperior with leafstorm is strong
>>
>>26277365

Contrary.

>>26276437

Only Blaziken, Greninja and Serperior are inherently OU/Uber. Only the megas are OU for the others. Feraligatr is UU, Blastoise is RU.
>>
>>26277365
Contrary Leaf storm fucks shit up
>>
Rowlet needs thick fat. It works perfectly.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.