[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The rival is picking the starter that has a disadvantage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Rivalbattle.png (534KB, 784x385px) Image search: [Google]
Rivalbattle.png
534KB, 784x385px
>The rival is picking the starter that has a disadvantage against you

So, does this confirm that the character you won't pick will become your real rival like in XY ?
>>
I just want another rival like Blue,Silver or Barry.

Having a full, balanced team and constantly battling you.
>>
>>26271836
Yes, that's how it always is. Remember BW?
>>
>>26271836
I see him being your first friend when you move into the region, and the real rival being an island bully/complete asshole, who chooses the advantage starter. Then near the end of the game, becomes your friend because of plot
>>
Rival personality wise, I am hoping that they go both ways similar to Pokemon Sage.

A friendly rival (picking the one with the disadvantage), and an asshole rival (picking the one with the advantage).

Though it's more likely that the other rival will just be anothor friendly rival opposite of your gender. Sadly.
>>
>>26271880
The protagonist you don't pick in BW doesn't become your rival in the game
>>
>>26271836
you'll probably have 2 rivals, just like Y/X
>>
>>26271920
Unfortunately the "strong" rival will probably just be the other gender character again.
>>
>>26271956
>Sadly
>>
The player character that you don't pick could easily be your 2nd rival with the pokemon your starter is weak to.
>>
>>26271836
Or it's just GameFreak's attempt to make the game easier for the smartphone generation
>>
>>26271836

We're going to be getting another Serena/Calem. Fuck.
>>
>>26271920
>>26272406

they should have done it the other way.
>>
The real rival will be your alt gender self. Luna or Ray/Sonny
>>
>>26272430
>wanting a generic friend rival
>>
I wonder how they're going to do the battle with the type-advantage rival, since it's pretty much a guaranteed loss against them at lvl 5 even because the starters come with a stab move right off the bat.
>>
>>26272541
It's clear you will face them later, just like in X/Y where you fought Shauna first.
>>
>>26272541
Starters have their STAB move in XYORAS, too
>>
If that's the case, I hope the player character rival is better than Brendan/May and Calem/Serena. I don't really understand the point of putting the other player character into the game, it usually feels superfluous. I didn't miss them at all in the games where they don't appear.
>>
>>26271836
>that battle background
comfy
>>
>>26271920
>the game is an '80s sports movie
DAAAARSH
>>
>>26272470
I hope they don't do the whole "UGH I lost to you again :((" thing. That was so fucking irritating in XY.
>>
I hope the real rival joins the evil team. I really thought they were heading that way in XY with some of Serena/Calem's insecure dialogue.
>>
>We will never have a female rival that fucks up your world right before you can reach a pokecenter and forces you to run all the way back again.
Why even live
>>
>>26273027

It'll probably happen at some point.

>The inevitable femdom doujins

Stop it boner.
>>
>>26271880
More like D&P kinda
>>
>>26271836
whoah whoah, can we discuss the fact that the trainers are visible DURING battle
>>
>>26271872
I really love Blue and Barry's teams. Silver's team was definitely not "balanced" though. You could tell his team was supposed to be shitty and team rocket-y. Wally had a pretty good team too but I like gfw early bird and 2 fillers team set up more just thematically.
>>
>>26271836
Do you have two rivals, or does Gamefreak want you to finish this game within one hour?
>>
>>26273027
>>26273468
Just play Sage, it's literally /tumblr/ the video game. You got all your stronk independent black lesbian womyn there. Hell even the protag is one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.