[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General: Owlpocalypse Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 60

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

OLD
>>26219454

tott: I know shit's going down rn, but where were YOU when the old thread tried to stay alive?
Also, actual question: How long did it usually take to get cards with Pokémon from a new Gen on them? When will we get them?
>>
File: 1461179234942.png (4MB, 1100x6940px) Image search: [Google]
1461179234942.png
4MB, 1100x6940px
>>
Okay guys I sat down and photoshopped you this Rowlet card just to get your attention. now answer my question pls

same as >>26228029 here

I work at a daycare center, some kids there are super into collecting PTCG cards right now. I want to teach them how to actually play with their cards next Tuesday, and I'd want to buy a deck that I can use in PTCGO afterwards. if there's really nothing better than Dark Hammer, I'll just buy a physical copy of that instead for them

the plan is to get 1 theme deck and slightly alter it to make it more fun to play while still easy enough for the kids. that's for player 1.
player 2 will be making an own deck from their own favourite cards (I'll provide energies and trainers), following the guideline that the theme deck gave them, and then they'll have a match.

don't you dare say theme decks are a bad choice for this. they love their Pokémon and want to have lots of them in their deck. it'll teach them the mechanics very well. lots of Trainer cards would just be boring for the kids.
>>
>>26242179
The best deck online is XY Blue. You can't buy it IRL. Dark Hammer is outdated at this point.
There's no point in buying a theme deck for the sake of getting it online for anything other than collection purposes. The cards aren't very good or valuable and the deck won't be good in theme format.

If your kids are really young, they'll enjoy the theme decks. But if they're older or if they understand competitive Pokemon at all, the theme decks will end up being boring, slow, and inconsistent. It's really all dependent on their disposition. If they already collect and play, then chances are they've been to a hobby store and know what a good deck is like.

One option would be to buy the World Championship decks. They have a different card back so you can't use them in tournaments or mix them with other cards without sleeves, but they're extremely good for casual play because they're built properly. My friend and I have a handful of them between us and it's a lot of fun.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/World_Championships_Deck_%28TCG%29
>>
File: mew pull.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
mew pull.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Sorry I didn't post this in the last thread I only checked my email after the thread had died.

Here are the pulls I got, hope it all goes well anon.
>>
>>26242179
Don't think about your own benefit at all. Instead get any theme deck that has Pokémon the kids will like. For example, if the kids love Greninja, Wave Slasher is perfect.
>>
>>26242917
They're ages 7~10. Maybe 6~10.
I didn't even know about the World Championship decks, damn that'd be good...but they don't sell these here, I'd have to import one which is a) too expensive and b) the wrong language. Germany here.

>>26243480
that's a great idea, and I wouldn't mind doing that actually. but I think the kids in the group I'm talking about are really hyped about Pokémon in general, I don't think they have super specific favourites (yet). I'm usually in a different group, I'm with the ones I'm talking about only on Tuesdays, so I wouldn't know if they had any favourites. they didn't tell me today or last week.

I think I'll either get DH and put some more interesting Pokémon in it (Lucario? Scrafty and Pangoro are already good choices I think) or just have a look at what's the coolest-looking ones around. or get a Sylveon deck or something Fire-y with Delphox in it for the girls, I know a girl in the group I'm usually in loves Delphox. But they're not allowed to play with TCG cards in my usual group, except on Fridays, when I'm not around. well maybe one day...

tl;dr thanks guys!
>>
This thread will soon die again.
>>
>>26245090
Poor thread.
>>
>play bunch of games with a Yveltal deck I made a long, long time ago
>it breaks so many of the rules that I have when making a deck now
>it works consistently when it has no right to

I don't get it, but I can't argue with the results.
>>
Someone in the last thread mentioned wanting more videos to be made.
Would you guys be interested in a stream instead? I have most FC cards, just missing a pair of Zygarde.
>>
I like how we just died for a whole day and no one cared
>>
How many packs is the gold Zekrom worth?
>>
>>26247740
The last thread died early this morning. It's a Tuesday, and some pretty big news got revealed.
Between everyone who posts here being at work/school and the hundreds of spam threads that have popped up, it's not surprising.
>>
>>26242104
>How long did it usually take to get cards with Pokémon from a new Gen on them?

It depends on what TPCi has planned.

The first XY cards were the promo Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie cards that were included in their respective boxes. IIRC, those boxes were released on the day XY were.

Gen V's first cards were, like Gen VI's cards, were promo Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott cards that were included in a tin. The tins were released on March 9th while the games came out 5 days earlier.
>>
>>26247852
The first actual pack of the generation has always come out a month or two after the game though, right? Unusable promo NFE basics hardly count as a meaningful addition to the TCG.
>>
File: dud.jpg (26KB, 816x219px) Image search: [Google]
dud.jpg
26KB, 816x219px
Worth it or nah? Can I reasonably flip them for 1 RS each?
>>
>>26247909

Pretty much, the Winter sets are usually reserved for new generations and/or new gimmicks.
>>
>>26247943
I don't think people who still have RS packs are looking for reg VS Seekers.
Do 1-2 for 1 FC and then convert the FC 1:1 into RS.
>>
File: 1388966347231.gif (309KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1388966347231.gif
309KB, 500x500px
>Game Log Output Begins Here:
>Opponent flipped 0 coins resulting in 0 heads and 0 tails, for Start of Game.
>It is now the opponent's turn (Turn #1).
>Opponent drew a card.
>Binder Guy drew Virizion-EX.
>Oponnent drew a card.
>Binder Guy drew Skyla.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Binder Guy drew G Booster.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Binder Guy drew Team Plasma Ball.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Binder Guy drew Genesect-EX.
>Virizion-EX became Binder Guy's new active Pokémon.
>Binder Guy put Virizion-EX onto the Bench.
>Binder Guy put Genesect-EX onto the Bench.
>Opponent drew a card.
>Opponent attached a Double Colorless Energy to Mewtwo-EX.
>Opponent played Colress.
>Opponent drew four cards.
>Opponent attached a Float Stone to Keldeo-EX.
>It now Binder Guy's turn (Turn #2).
>Binder Guy drew Skyla.
>Binder Guy played Team Plasma Ball.
>Binder Guy drew Genesect-EX.
>Binder Guy put Genesect-EX onto the Bench.
>Binder Guy played Skyla.
>Binder Guy drew Lost Remover.
>Binder Guy played Lost Remover.
>Opponent's Double Colorless Energy was moved to the Lost Zone.
>Game Log Output Ends Here

And it ended because he conceded the match right as used Lost Remover.
>>
>>26248754
Is your name really Binder Guy in client
>>
>>26248915

Nope, I just copied and edited the game log.
>>
And bump for survival.
>>
>>26242104

ToTT: It honestly depends on how PCL rolls

BW (Before simultaneous releases worldwide for video games and the gap between JPN and Worldwide releases for TCG were greater)

Video Game: September 18, 2010 (JPN) / March~April 2011 (International)
TCG: December 17, 2010 / April 25, 2011 (International)

XY (After simultaneous releases worldwide for video games and the gap between JPN and Worldwide releases for TCG is basically fixed)

Video Game: Oct 12, 2013 (Worldwide)
TCG: December 13, 2013 (JPN) / Feb 5. 2014 (International)

Sun & Moon (Video Game): November 18~23, 2016 (Worldwide)

Since the first TCG set for the new block usually comes out after the video game, there might be another XY set released in Japan for September 2016. That means we will see the actual Sun and Moon set in Feb 2017 since the first Sun and Moon set for the TCG will be released in December 2016 in Japan.
>>
Pokemon video games killed the TCG
>>
>>26252631
they're also kinda the reason it exists though.
>>
>>26252631

The blame for most problems with the PTCG pretty much is the fault of Pokemon Card Lab since they are ones who do the "R&D" for the game and isn't it true that PTCG not that popular in Japan relative to other TCGs?
>>
i just lost to a pretty awesome deck

jolteon-ex, glaceon-ex, and FC Mew
>>
>>26242179
world champ decks are good but two words of warning, 1 the cards are all proxy cards, 2 they don't come with codes for cards - just for sleeves & deckbox & coin.

Look into the Darkrai/Mewtwo twin deck. It is pretty good. You don't get it as a complete deck online (it would stomp) but you do get copies of all the individual cards. They have a nice balance to each other, plus some very good cards, but still lots of mons and straightforward strategies for kids to handle.
>>
>>26252806
>and isn't it true that PTCG not that popular in Japan relative to other TCGs?
From my quick visit a few years ago, and from reports from friends who are stationed over there right now, the top five most popular TCGs in Japan/SEA are
>YGO
>Duel Masters
>Vanguard
>Pokemon
>Z/X
from most to least. That information might be outdated, though. Sometimes fads show up and get pretty popular for a few months or years. The Naruto TCG, One Piece TCG, other Bushiroad games, and shit like Bakugan sometimes get big before going secondary or dying off.

Don't forget that TCGs are taken very differently over there than in the West. It's very similar to their arcade culture, where it's all very casual and more accepted as a general hobby.
>>
new bundle when
>>
>>26253215

>Duel Masters

And to think that is still actually going strong in Japan after almost 14 years while WotC tried twice and failed
>>
File: 13435.png (3MB, 1380x1260px) Image search: [Google]
13435.png
3MB, 1380x1260px
Can someone more familiar with the TCG explain this shit to me?

I've been looking around at local stores for the Fates Collide blister pack with the Perfect Zygarde pin. I thought they released the same day as the expansion, but I can't seem to find them.

Doing some digging, I find there's two versions of the blister, one with 50% the other with Perfect. What the actual fuck?
>>
>>26253619
It was actually #1 in the world for like half a decade, until YGO 5DS came out and pushed it to second.
>>
>Skipping NXD for DEX come Friday.

I can't say that I'm surprised by this, but it still feels wrong...

>>26253545

Tomorrow at around noon, my guess is that it'll be one of the FC 3-pack blisters.
>>
>>26253653

And didn't the original English version folded after a few years as well and basically it is the SEA market that kept it going?

I feel so old now since I essentially witnessed so many card games have come and go, remember Chaotic and all the other nonsense?
>>
>>26253755
Good, DEX is much harder to come by and has better cards, not to mention Archeops.
>>
>Highschool
>4 friends
>Buy 6 Magic packs each
>Put together some sealed decks
>Have fun
>Every week or two buy a booster each
>Tweak/trade and play more games

Could I do the same thing with my friends and Pokémon? With our MtG decks running 1-2 colors, we could technically play a fifth to a third of the cards we pulled, and use the rest on side decks and trades. Seems like it wouldn't work with the Pokemon TCG because so many card depend on others to work.
>>
>>26254863
PTCG is a terrible game for drafting. Too many cards need to work together, as you said.
>>
>>26254863
Prereleases are sealed format and they work fine. Unless I'm remembering wrong, you get six packs to work with, and you make a 40-card deck instead of 60. It's very messy, though.

If you're out to have fun and don't care too much about collecting or moving onto proper constructed, you could try the world tournament decks that >>26242917 mentioned.

The biggest problem with sealed Pokemon isn't so much that you need to pull certain cards, but that so many cards are unusable filler shit. The difference between a good draft and a shit draft is night and day.
>>
>>26255056
>they work fine
They really don't, as indicated by the fact that you have to play with a smaller deck and now TPCi has gone out of their way to make them better with the addition of the evolution box.

>world tournament decks
These are great for just casually playing good decks but of course you can't really mix and match new cards with success. But otherwise, assuming you don't care about legality, they're solid.

>unusable filler shit
This
>>
>>26255056

Actually the Prerelease structure just changed starting from Fates Collide in an attempt to reduce the jankiness of it

Before: 6 packs + basic energies to make a 40 card deck

Now: 4 packs, the associated promo and 22 "fixed" cards (there are two different set of fixed cards depending on the promo you get) + basic energies to make a 40 card deck

I ended up opening a Glaceon EX from the 4 packs and basically rolled my opponents in style
>>
File: never ever.jpg (84KB, 1516x704px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
84KB, 1516x704px
>24900 coins
>bundle is tomorrow
>I have to hope it's not bad
>>
>>26255170
Tomorrow will have two bundles. They will both be FC bundles; we'll be getting the holo BT Gastly one-pack blister, and one of the three-pack blisters featuring a holo promo Froakie or a promo Vivillon which is absolutely unusable.

They do this for every pack.
>>
>>26255168
>I ended up opening a Glaceon EX from the 4 packs and basically rolled my opponents in style

Incidentally, this is another reason why drafting is garbage in PTCG. The gap in power between EX's and non-EX's makes it completely unfair.

I know competitively it's the opposite, but we're talking about casual drafting.
>>
>>26255279
Yeah a lot of people miss that part about EX cards they are fine in a competitive everyone is running good deck environment but as soon as you step out of that quite a few of them become ridiculous with very little set-up compared to normals.

I actually wouldn't mind a ladder in PTCGO that limits certain spammed things to see what happens without them, looking at you nightmarch and certain EXs.
>>
>>26255503

They already had something like that in Japan, it's called the Hall of Fame format.

>http://www.pokemon-card.com/howto/dendo/
>>
So why don't people play Lugia-EX akin to how they played X-Ball Mewtwo? Is it just because it's Colorless as opposed to Psychic?
>>
>>26256511

It's weak to M Manectric-EX and Might March.
>>
>>26256511
Mewtwo is dead in expanded for the same reason, shit damage output. Mewtwo is a tech 1 while Lugia has no use and dies easily.
>>
>>26256511
Yes. Weakness is extremely important. Why do you think they called it "Mewtwo Wars"?
And in a format where NM can swing for 180+ off a single DCE, why would you use Lugia? There needs to be nine energies between both Pokemon for an OHKO, and this is an extremely energy-lean format.
Plus, having a Lightning weakness is a death sentence. Less so than last format since Mane is a bit more tame, but it's still shit.
>>
>>26256511

1. Mewtwo was released in 2012, cards have gotten more powerful since then. Lugia isn't much better, if at all.
2. Mewtwo was strong, sure, but it was also the best counter to itself, leading to even more play.
3. Lugia has no type advantage anywhere. In fact, anything with a lightning weakness is absolute garbage right now.
>>
>>26256696
>>26256631
>>26256569
>>26256562
So even if Night March died and MegaMan became more tame, it still wouldn't see play? Thanks fampai. I thought the FA looked hecka cool and I wanted to buy some IRL. Never mind I then.
>>
>>26256898
Decks that run DCE and Max Elixir have better things to put them on than Lugia.
>>
>Those players that take 20 seconds to finally play one card

LIKE HOLY SHIT YOU AREN'T EVEN STALLING YOU ARE JUST RETARDED YEAH NOT SHIT IT TOOK YOU 10 SECOND JUST TO PLAY A SINGLE ENERGY.
>>
>>26258751
I'm always playing other games on the side
maybe you should do the same thing?
>>
>>26258814
Perhaps you should try not being shit at two games?
>>
File: 1451793242137.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1451793242137.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
another update on this:

>>26221408
>>26221669
>>26223634

things were going good at work today until I kind of acted like a jealous asshole. however, things were all good by the end of the day. Since tomorrow is the middle of the week, I think I'm going to see if she wants to grab grub after cards on Saturday. This situation is giving me so much anxiety I can't fucking believe it. Thanks for all your words so far

Post more emails and I'll send more cards. just make sure to post pulls and reference your post.
>>
>>26259401
I know it's cliche, but just be yourself m8. If it was meant to be, it'll all work out.
[email protected]
>>
>>26258751
Occasionally when a good player plays a game he thinks before he makes his moves.
>>
>That time you wasted all your coins on packs instead of buying theme decks.
>>
>>26259717
>that time you wasted your coins on theme decks and not the bundle
>>
>>26259748

Yeah, but I'm talking about how you can use theme decks in the trainer challenge.
>>
>>26259522
A good player doesn't need a long time to put energy on their only pokemon.
>>
>>26259401
[email protected]

Oh and this post was my last pulls >>26243332

And keep unwarranted jealousy out of there just try to remain calm, and this is going to sound stupidly obvious but I have seen it before ruin otherwise fine relationships GFs are not property, seriously some guys get way too aggressively clingy. (This goes for girls too obv).
>>
how strong is ancient origins vileplume?
>>
>>26259401
[email protected]

> I kind of acted like a jealous asshole

Perhaps you are hyping yourself up too much.
>>
>>26260343

What do you mean? Making myself too nervous?
>>
>>26260289
Fourth best deck of the format
Notice that three of the four best decks right now are conveniently item lock decks? Is there any reason why they insist on this mechanic?
>>
>>26260416
Yeah I mean she wanted to be around you before this whole girlfriend shit thing right? So just be how you were before this and stop thinking yourself into anxiety.
>>
>>26260454
What would be a good deck with this vileplume?
>>
>>26260506
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-one/
>>
>>26260454
Because without it NM would be more unstoppable than it already is.
>>
just pulled a M-Altaria-ex, how strong would it be to run in an aromatisse deck (already have 1, just thinking of editing)
>>
>>26260667
Unnecessary/10
>>
Are fighting decks any fun?
>>
File: pulls 5-10-16.png (4MB, 2416x1384px) Image search: [Google]
pulls 5-10-16.png
4MB, 2416x1384px
Thanks for the cards, bro!
Good luck with the girl!
>>
>>26260662
But when we look into last format, where Night March might as well not have even existed. Toad was Tier 0 with over four times the winrate of the next best deck. Trevenant was Tier 1 WITHOUT the Break. AO only had like two weeks of play before the rotation, but Vespiquen/Vileplume still managed to make it onto the tier list.

Night March has nothing to do with it. It's obviously a factor, but item lock is still stupidly cancerous no matter how you look at it. It takes a deck as nuts as modern NM to get over it.
>>
File: Pulls.jpg (3MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Pulls.jpg
3MB, 1920x3240px
>>26259401
>>26260343
Here are the pulls thank and I hope for the best.
>>
>>26260789
Item lock is definitely a great playstyle, as indicated by everything you said, but right now it's a necessary evil.

If it makes you feel any better, after rotation, assuming it's XY-PHF, item lock and NM both die.
>>
>>26260869
Unless CP4 comes over, in which case NM and all three item lock decks will dominate the meta for the next 2+ years.
Unless they print something even more crazy than NM. But given their record, I would be absolutely surprised if that came anywhere near happening.
>>
>>26260945
>Unless they print something even more crazy than NM.
We present to you Night March March have you ever felt that perhaps there wasn't enough Night March decks in play? Well worry no more with Night March March deck when a card is played it becomes a Night March March card!
>>
>>26260945
Yeah, but there are plenty of reasons to believe CP4 won't get released here. If they do a LTR-esque set that incorporates reprints of the cancerous cards, we will probably get a few months without item lock and NM before it comes out.

At which point I think most reasonable people would jump ship unless they hard counter those strategies or play with a banlist (like LTC coming back).
>>
>>26259401
[email protected]
hope u feel better my man :(
>>
bump to help survive the SM waves of threads
>>
>>26259401
[email protected]

If you still have some codes I'll post the pulls, wish you luck.
>>
File: FairyDek.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FairyDek.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Okay I'm sorry in advance I never use the online version of the game, I also have all the cards in my physical deck.

Also ignore the N in the list, I now realize they won't be legal by regional time so they're Professor Birch's Observations in my physical deck.

I'm wondering if I should put Shaymins in here or use something like the tasting Slurpuffs instead due to it being a fairy deck and the ease of drawing two cards off the ability then switching out. My local magic shop has a single Shaymin for $40 and I'm not sure how many 'll need, I'm still mentally stuck in the B&W/Plasma format with slow OHKO Pokemon and don't see the need to draw half of my deck the first turn.

I really like this deck and I know it isn't a tier 1 deck but I'm wondering if I can tweak it to make it better, I don't expect to make top cut with it but I really like playing it. Barring NM and vespiquen can typically do pretty well and I shit on Wailord decks with 300+ damage.

Any input is greatly appreciated, this is a more for fun deck and getting started on attending organized tournaments.
>>
>>26261843
Scrap the Aegislash EX and Xerneas EX for two Shaymin EX. You'll need them more than any other card. Slurpuff does not compare to its utility.

Next, cut the Bunnelby unless you're really worried about Sableye.

Cut the Shauna and reduce N/Birch to 1-2. Add in 3 more VS Seeker, as well as a couple Trainer's Mail and maybe even Acro Bike. Replace the second Skyla with either Hex Maniac or Delinquent.

These are all the more obvious changes that come to mind. I'm sure there are probably more things you could do.
>>
>>26261843

Not exactly the same deck you're planning, but I've personally had a lot of fun with turbo Gardevoir. Basically Gardevoir without the max potion/aromitisse combo. Instead it abuses max elixir and mega turbo to pile on energies extremely fast. Regardless you should find room for 4 max elixir in the deck. It's very consistent when you get up to that 12 energy mark.
>>
File: 3e77b4b3ac2cc1a5c04674a04ac87f49.png (964KB, 1002x642px) Image search: [Google]
3e77b4b3ac2cc1a5c04674a04ac87f49.png
964KB, 1002x642px
So I just got into TCGO last month and I was hoping for any suggestions on trading away these EX Pokémon.

I'm really interested in building a Luxray Break deck, but I'll need to really work my way towards getting everything organized.

As far as it goes, I'm not interested in using these EX cards anytime soon. So anything I should be looking for in specific for my deck?
I'm still scouting for Octillery and perhaps switching the Raichu line with the Magnezone line or with Raikou.

Thanks!
>>
I've been testing M-audino dek with some dark cards like baby yveltal and zoroark
I'm very surprised , I'ts not even THAT shit
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
I'm trying to make a Mew toolbox
Any suggestions?
>>
File: archie.png (494KB, 777x394px) Image search: [Google]
archie.png
494KB, 777x394px
>>26262862
You won't really ever not use one of the Rays. Just do something like this.
>>
At least owl won't get 4x weakness fucked by the type it's supposed to be good against in the TCG like in the video game.
>>
File: 20160510_210220.jpg (711KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160510_210220.jpg
711KB, 2048x1152px
>tfw finally pulled the last 2 cards I most wanted from each set
thank fuck
>>
How many Fates Collide should I put up for a full art N?
>>
>In the first round of a Standard format tournament.
>Opponent posted "Pay to win op" in the in-game chat during a match before conceding.

I'll give you three guesses as to what I'm running and the first two don't count.

But on a more serious note, I would've reported him for poor sportsmanship if he was spamming the chat with that bullshit.

>>26263461

20 packs at the very least. Even though NVI is in the prize pool for Legacy it's still really difficult to pull.
>>
>>26261843
Regionals are expanded though, so even though it's still a few weeks until they're legal in standard, it's fine using them for expanded.

>>26262644
All of those EX cards you have (at least from what's visible in that screenshot) are trade locked so they can't leave your account. You need to either redeem code cards from physical packs or win tournaments to get packs with tradeable cards. (Daily challenges reward tradeable packs too I believe, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.) All things you buy with coins are trade locked.

As for your deck, Magnezone would probably work better. Or at least use the XY (or Generations reprint) Raichu with Circle Circut, since that's a good attack.
>>
>>26264372

I figured that would be the case. Turns out the only tradable one was Darkrai EX.

I'll see what I handle with it then. Thanks.
>>
File: 1449374378259.png (526KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1449374378259.png
526KB, 700x700px
>>26261976
That seems much more consistent and significantly faster, should I keep one Lysandre or bump it up to two being that I'm losing the ability to hit bench. I know Xerneas is a meh EX but I was able to win quite a few NM games with the ability to hit bench.

>>26262145
Max elixir seems like a cool idea I'll look into that.

Side note are you planning to play a fairy deck post rotation? I'm a little concerned by all of the fairy tool box stuff rotating, do you think as a fellow fairy player that Sylveon could be viable or am I grasping at straws?
>>
Bump from page 10.
>>
File: burning raichu.png (755KB, 928x568px) Image search: [Google]
burning raichu.png
755KB, 928x568px
Is there a squeeze to get more power out of thi raichu deck I made?
>>
File: XYP_EN_XY67.png (185KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XYP_EN_XY67.png
185KB, 245x342px
Why is this Jirachi card so great and how many packs does one cost?
>>
>>26267099
>Why is this Jirachi card so great...

It basically makes itself invulnerable to attacks and their effects whilst crippling decks that capitalize on using Special Energy to attack (like Night March).

>...And how many packs does one cost?

Hoo boy, expect to shell out 40-50 packs for a single copy. Tradable copies of that card were only available for a week at two separate times if you bought the bundle with Gems.
>>
I just downloaded client and about to play for the first time. Any important tips I must know so I don't get fucked over at the beginning?
>>
So who was it who called volcanion being a dual type card?
I posted this in the wrong thread
>>
>>26268172

I'm a bit surprised, I thought it would've been a pure Fire-type with an Ability that gives it the Water-type under certain conditions.
>>
>>26268221
I think the card is a bit strong honestly
you can easily get 3 attachments on turn 2 on a fire type
and then it deals 130 + muscle band 20/ff belt 10 so you need one discard for a knockout on an EX
its not like the "this card cannot attack on the next turn has been a serious drawback in the past or this meta"
>>
File: Volcanion-EX-XY11.jpg (87KB, 440x601px) Image search: [Google]
Volcanion-EX-XY11.jpg
87KB, 440x601px
Dual types are probably the "new logic" they advertised, so I imagine we'll get more than one. Psychic/Fairy Gardevoir?

As for Volcanion, I'll play it with AT Torchic/Trick Coin as a silly league deck.
>>
>>26245679
>Yveltal deck
>long, long time ago
does not compute
>>
File: 4.jpg (67KB, 240x330px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
67KB, 240x330px
>>26268408
Reminds me of the delta species pokemon
>>
>>26267173
>I saw a couple of people trading them for one fates collide pack but I didn't trade for this card because I thought it was crap

Oh man...
>>
>>26245679
post list
>>
How much is a shaymin?
>>
>>26268957
>I saw a couple of people trading them for one fates collide pack but I didn't trade for this card because I thought it was crap
That was probably the OTHER promo Jirachi
>>
>>26268408
For anyone who doesn't know Pokebeach exists:

>Ability: Steam Up
>Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard 1 Fire Energy card from your hand. If you do, during this turn, the attacks of your Basic Fire Pokemon do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

>[R}[R][C] Volcanic Heat: 130 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon can’t attack.

Which makes it really fucking good. The ability sets up Blacksmith and even stacks, meaning every Energy Retrieval/Prof Letter becomes +60 damage for the turn. Every Fisherman is +120. FFC instead of FFCC means you don't need to fish for DCE to swing Turn 1 like with Entei or Charizard.

This can easily put Fire back on the tier list.
>>
>>26269798

>The ability stacks
>Once during per turn

Unless you have a Skyfield and multiple of them on the Bench you will only have around 2 of them on the Bench
>>
>>26270563
Some Pokemon Abilities, such as Plasma Metagross's Plasma Search or Victini's Victory Star, have the clause:
>You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.
or
>You can’t use more than 1 Victory Star Ability each turn.
and so on. Volcanion does not have this card text, meaning the ability can stack. I'm sorry if that was confusing.

>you will only have around 2 of them on the Bench
It's searchable via both Dive Ball and Heavy Ball. It's an EX, so Hoopa can pick up three of them at a time. Since its attack is really solid for a Fire-type, it can act as a primary attacker and can easily swing for 190+ without a Muscle Band, meaning you don't really need any other attackers to take up bench space.

So a deck that's like 4 Volcanion, 1-2 Hoopa, then your staple pair of Shaymin is battle-ready. You don't even need Sky Field for that sort of lineup, letting you use Scorched Earth or Rough Seas. Double so when you realize you only really need two Volcanion on the field at once, or three if you want to OHKO a Mega.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 633x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 633x738px
>>26259401
>>26259401
>>26259401

holy shit bros

I asked her if she wanted to get food after cards on Saturday and she said yes. What is even happening right now
>>
>>26270891
There seems to be some confusion.
Each Volcanion can only use Steam Up once per turn. But, since it doesn't have a clause such as:
>You may not use an Ability with the same name during your turn.
Like Metagross or Victini, that means that multiple Volcanion can EACH use their ability once per turn. If you have three Volcanion in play, for example, then you can use Steam Up three times that turn. They'll each be using their respective Steam Ups once per turn.

This is what "stack" means. "Stack" doesn't mean you can use the same ability on one Pokemon once per turn. I mean, you wouldn't say that a single Blastoise's Deluge "stacks", would you? That's not what the term is reserved for.

I know terminology may be confusing, but you eventually catch on to the lingo. It helps having other TCGs under your belt.
>>
>>26270958

I do have other TCGs under my belt, but the way you say it in your initial post implied that you could Steam Up multiple times with one Volcanion EX when what you really mean is that Steam Up stacks when you have multiple Volcanion EX in play and could play the cost of ditching a Fire Energy for each one
>>
>>26271021
I'm sorry for the confusion, then.
Either way, I think this will be a pretty good card.
>>
>>26266682
Shaymin would be the obvious fix, but I'm assuming you don't have those.

Shauna's useless now that N's back, so cut those for another N. I'd recommend going up to 3 Bridgette too so that you guarantee it early game because it's a dead card later on if you can't draw into it early. While Megaphone is a good card, I'd recommend cutting it for something like a Battle Compressor, so you can have energy discarded if you want to play Blacksmith + lets you throw supporters in the discard that you want to grab with VS Seeker. I feel like you could use another Sky Field too since this deck is pretty reliant on them, so you could cut either a Flareon or a basic fire for that. Or you could try cutting Vaporeon, since there really aren't any water-weak Pokemon that are super prominent in the meta right now.
>>
>>26270952
Alright mate, after this you really need to suggest a more traditional date location, go see a new movie that you're both interested in, and then see if she wants to do anything after ;)))

[email protected] If you still have codes ;)
>>
Say how can I install the Android version on my phone? Apparently it's made for tablets only.
>>
Some help?
And yes, my cam sucks
>>
>>26271239
lmao.
>>
>>26271239
Maxi's Hidden Ball Trick
>>
>>26271239

More basic Pokemons like Unowns so you can use the Premonition / Farewell Letter combo, Miltank, and Shaymin EX
>>
>>26271239
-1 Teammates (no good targets)
-2 Brigette (Korrina is your main supporter)
-1 Lysandre (no room for 2)
-1 Hammer (you have Xerosic)
-1 Max Potion (no place here)
-4 Level Ball (where's Ultra Ball?)
-1 Muscle Band (doesn't add up)
-1 Switch (focus on float stone)
-1 Trainers' Mail (no room)
-1 Giovanni's (doesn't add up)

+2 Shaymin (staple)
+3 Sycamore (staple)
+2 VS Seeker (staple)
+2 Random Receiver (seeks Korrina)
+1 Float Stone (better than Switch in this deck)
+4 Ultra Ball (staple)

Alternatively, you can do what >>26271296 said. Unown is very good in this deck, and you'd really benefit from a secondary attacker. It doesn't have to be Miltank; you can run something like Toad that uses DCE, for example.
>>
>>26271414

- Teammates seach double colorless and gallade always dies
- open with brigette is perfect
- 2 lyssandre cause i dont have 4 seekers
- max potion, too much greninja decks in my city
-no targets for ultra ball, I can search any pokemon with level ball
- muscle band + giovanni is to OHKO any EX pokemon but, well, ok.
- switch is for froakie paralysis, but yes, random receiver is better

- I don't play shaymin cause is a easy 2 prize cards always, no sense for this deck,target whistle + lyssandre in night march.
- 3 sycamore is for shaymin acceleration.
- Seeker well, only have 2, lol
- Random Receiver, well.. yes, need that.
- float stone, well, ok, - switch + float stone
- ultra ball is for shaymin motor, so no.

That's the reason.
>>
>>26271883
Teammates without 4 VS Seeker makes it very hard to get off.
Level Ball doesn't pick up Gallade. You have Korrina for that, but you don't have 4 VS Seeker to guarantee you pick that up more than once or twice.
If you want to push the Muscle Band + Giovanni play, you absolutely need to run more than one Muscle Band. Replace the Focus Sash for them. But it's going to be hard to do with 1x Giovanni and only 2 VS Seeker, especially when you're going to be dropping your Brigette or Korrina every turn.
Sycamore has NOTHING to do with Shaymin. I'm legitimately surprised that you don't realize how important drawing seven (7) full cards is.
Ultra Ball isn't just for Shaymin. You're running Octillery. Without ways of making your hand smaller, you realistically won't draw more than 1 or so cards a turn, or more likely 0.
Your other arguments are fair.
>>
>>26271072
Thank you anon, the deck runs a lot smoother
>>
File: update.png (744KB, 920x569px) Image search: [Google]
update.png
744KB, 920x569px
>>26272618
updated
>>
>>26272166

well
- switch
- giovanni
- muscle band
- enhanced hammer

+ float stone
+ 3 ultra ball

Need random receiver and seeker , I'll get it the saturday.
Thanks.
>>
File: twistedspoon.png (913KB, 1023x678px) Image search: [Google]
twistedspoon.png
913KB, 1023x678px
>Twisted Spoon also prevents effects of your own attacks
Is there any broken decks that come from this aside from stuff like Tyrantrum-EX and Charizard-EX attacking every turn?
>>
>>26272712
I also added a super rod, and a hex maniac
>>
File: Rowlet_Decromancer.jpg (225KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rowlet_Decromancer.jpg
225KB, 857x1200px
Is this any good as a card? I'm considering making a fake set.
>>
>>26272965
>library
>no + after 10
Also doesn't need resist.
>>
>>26272965
It's not good.
>>
File: BronzongBroken.jpg (144KB, 1269x720px) Image search: [Google]
BronzongBroken.jpg
144KB, 1269x720px
>>26272753
Brozong break + bent spoon is broken, but only because the game locks up when it's time to take prizes.
>>
>>26272753
>>26273104
great bug honestly
>>
>>26271239
ignore the short sighted idiot above telling you to drop level balls and brigettes for ultras etc. He is giving stock standard every-deck advice and doesn't seem to understand the concept of the deck.

Best bet for you is to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWj8pnZXY3w and then adjust for the current Meta. With devo spray back we're going to see more bats which are this decks kryptonite so beware of that.

You def need the other two VS for consistency. Offhand I think Hawlucha can be a great pivot here.

+2 vs seeker
+1 hawlucha

4 rare candy is overkill with a 4-2-4 line, especially with Korrina in to find them for you. you could drop one and one Kirlia, except item lock is everywhere so 4-2-4 and 2 candy would be right. If that feels risky to you then at least drop 1. The muscle band is kind of useless when the deck operates on winning the prize trade via focus sash. For the same reason Octillery over Shaymin plus the way the abilities work together.

-1 rare candy
-1 max potion
-1 muscle band

And if you are happy to drop another candy add one target whistle in it's place I think.

Good luck anon, I fucking love this deck.
>>
>>26273104
I have never seen that choose your prize card thing on the left what is it?
>>
>>26273374
read his post and use your brain, jesus.
>>
>>26273361
same anon here, just noticing no fighting energy singles which may negate the usefulness of hawlucha. Still a good soak and pivot with sash. Maybe find room for one or two single energies.
>>
>>26273464
Yes I am well aware that it is a glitch you prick I am asking what on components it is made up off.
>>
>>26273598
>BRON
>ZONG
>BREAK
>BENT
>SPOON
>>
>>26273684
I'm so glad that you think I can't read but it is you who has the fucking problem.
>>
>>26273790
all you have to do is use that tiny little brain of yours anon. I know you can apply yourself if you really try!!
>>
>>26273361
Short-sighted idiot here.

Brigette doesn't bring anything to the table here. You can set up more than quick enough simply via Balls and Octillery, especially if he's insisting on running max Level Ball. Wasting deck space and your turn supporter on that instead of a Korrina will slow you down considerably, especially since you NEED to toolbox out those Candies and Gallades to even attack. You're even suggesting he cut down to TWO Rare Candy to make his setup even slower, even though his deck is completely dead if he can't set up those Gallade. Four Rare Candy isn't "overkill", it's the basic function of this deck because otherwise he's taking two full turns to set up his only attacker in a big basic meta.

Hawlucha doesn't bring anything to the table, either. EX threats are virtually non-existent (he's even complaining about Greninja in his local meta), and even if they were, you're suggesting he shoehorn in Fighting energies for no real reason. I'm guessing you saw the Korrina and just automatically assumed the deck needed generic fighting support? He's be much better using something that can take advantage of the DCE he's already running, such as Miltank as was previously suggested, or something like Toad to slow down NM and buy him time to set up.

And the Ultras ARE important, because your ability to use Octillery depends entirely on being able to actually empty your hand to under 5. This is a Stage 2 deck that's heavy on the Supporters; how you suppose he do that every turn, especially with how few -1s he's running? Ultra Ball brings utility and an alternate means to search out Gallade when you pick up Candy with Mail or Sycamore.

Can you actually explain why you disagree with what I said instead of just dropping baseless ad-hominems?
>>
>>26273885
All you have to say is that you don't know what UI elements it is made out of.
>>
>>26274122
it's the fucking discard energy UI for Bronzong break's attack, clearly. You fucking R E T A R D.
>>
>>26274242
Wait that's the ui element they used and not a glitched mess of many elements?
>>
File: bronzbrokener.jpg (125KB, 933x705px) Image search: [Google]
bronzbrokener.jpg
125KB, 933x705px
>>26274570
The "Pick a Pokemon to do 30 damage to" prompt gets really messed up.
>>
File: mysides.jpg (144KB, 946x570px) Image search: [Google]
mysides.jpg
144KB, 946x570px
>>26274610
Now this is just silly
>>
>>26274074
If Greninja is a big thing locally, this is not the deck to be running. Anything with snipe damage hurts this deck hard.

but yeah no, I'm not here to fight you anon, or your wall of text. Peace.
>>
>>26268408
This dual typed card is looking fucking ugly.
>>26268934
Old ones looked so much better.

>there will only be eight dual-type Pokemon in the set (and many of them will be Shiny-colored).
It seems we'll have to endure this dual typed madness if you are to collect the shiny mons, damn...
>>
>still no break pokemon filter on ptcgo

I don't understand
>>
>>26276151

o it's under types and not attributes for some reason

what the fug
>>
File: break filter.png (333KB, 939x703px) Image search: [Google]
break filter.png
333KB, 939x703px
>>26276151
>>
>>26276054
hopefully the full art one is nice.
>>
File: 20160511_141726.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160511_141726.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN. HE'S POSTING A VIDEO (and codes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqCeZmD6WQ
>>
File: 20160511_141738.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160511_141738.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
The pin is spoilers for the next opening video we're doing, I guess.
>>
File: morespoonfun.jpg (125KB, 1474x462px) Image search: [Google]
morespoonfun.jpg
125KB, 1474x462px
Bent spoon also works for troll decks like unfezant.
>>
how many packs for a FA Shaymin?
>>
>>26276935
30~
>>
>>26277008
So 35 FC is overpaying?
>>
File: let me introduce team suckalot.jpg (250KB, 1008x412px) Image search: [Google]
let me introduce team suckalot.jpg
250KB, 1008x412px
hey, newbie here who's been having a look at VS mode for ~2 weeks with a NM deck and now wants to make a first "real" deck for Standards.

tl;dr version: how do you start making a first good deck?
this is what I have, can I make it less shit & work or should I start from scratch and look somewhere for inspiration?

long version:

My biggest problem is that I have no clue where to look to check for cards. Go through ALL the cards in ALL the bulbapedia articles for ALL the expansions allowed in Standards? Problem is time consumption.
Have a look at decks that've proven to be good in World Championships or other tournaments? Problem would be that I'm just copying a deck without putting any own effort into it again, as I did with my NM deck. I want to get to know my cards better and be able to build a proper deck myself already.

How do you usually go about this, /vp/? I mean, if you already have a good deck to play in Standard format, you get to see a lot of other decks and can get ideas from there. That's probably the most common method? Still, keep in mind this comes from a NMer, so I'm basically judging every deck I encounter based on whether or not they could beat a rather bad NM deck. There's these fairy type cards that keep coming up and I already have a few of them, so that's the idea for now. I would still need Aromatisse for their ability.

Florges-EX as main attacker, then some other fairy/plant type attackers. Still, Florges would only hit for 120 max, right?

I have a bunch of different Trainer cards already, but I only want to think about those when I know which Pkmn I'll be using
>>
>>26277052
trainers are a lot more important, get the staples first, then you can build anything.
>>
>>26277097

I know that Trainers are way more important, I've been reading the threads for 3 weeks now. But I kinda need Pokemon to play, you know.

You can already see 1 Shaymin in the pic I posted, I know a bit about staples. Staples isn't the problem here. It's deck building itself.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (35KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
35KB, 375x500px
Bought these for event purposes. Anyone else got them? They look really nice. Too bad about the quality, like always.
>>
same as >>26277216 here, 4chan wouldn't let me post what I wanted to write, got the "hey is that spam?" error

What I wanted to add is, I've already got a bunch of Trainers. But which ones I'll be using depends on which Pokemon I'll be using. I've got Sycamores, Ns, AZs, Skylas, Lysandres, Brigettes, Battle Compressors, Ultra Balls, Muscle Bands, VS Seekers, Acro Bikes, Trainers' Mails, Giovanni's Scheme, Team Flare Grunts, several Stadium cards, ... I can't remember more by name that I keep seeing in matches every day. All in quantities of 1-4 (Sycamores, Ultra Balls, VS Seekers, Battle Compressors is definitely 4 each bc of the NM deck).
and a whole bunch more obviously.

I'm sure I'll end up needing a few more for the finished deck, but I'm pretty sure I've got most of them already. Which ones I'll be actually needing is dependent on which Pokemon I'll be running.
>>
>>26277052
Read >>26242141

Don't use Bulbapedia, the client has a built-in card browser. There are only 10 packs to go through and you can skip over a majority of the cards in them.

Here are some decks that won states
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-one/

Normally you pick a single card or combo and build a deck around that. Find something you like and build towards it. Google is your friend.
>>
File: dsfrfre.png (4KB, 275x131px) Image search: [Google]
dsfrfre.png
4KB, 275x131px
>>26277506
see image related

other than that, alright, thanks. I'll have a look at that!
>>
>>26277537
If you want a cool cheap concept to try out that's still semi-competitive consider looking into Serperior/Ariados.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 303x303px
Should I use the new Regirock EX in a fighting deck?
>>
>>26277913
>fighting deck
kek
>>
File: florges.png (583KB, 932x476px) Image search: [Google]
florges.png
583KB, 932x476px
>>26277052
>>26277537
>My biggest problem is that I have no clue where to look to check for cards.
>Florges-EX as main attacker, then some other fairy/plant type attackers. Still, Florges would only hit for 120 max, right?
I threw pic related together just for you.
Start off by adding the staples found in >>26242141. N is also a staple, add in 1-3 of those.
Then, use the filters to find relevant cards.
Searching for "Bench" reveals that Sky Field exists, meaning Florges caps out at 180 damage. Cool.
Searching for Grass and Fairy Pokemon, we find that Aromatisse offers great utility, Slurpuff gives us draw power, and Xerneas accelerates energy on top of acting as a secondary non-EX attacker. There are plenty of other options, but let's go with these. With this lineup, we have 11 different lines, which is more than enough for Florges.
Next we search for techs. Just browse through all the Trainers and add in what looks interesting, you'll eventually know everything that's relevant. I chose Fighting Fury Belt to give Florges/Xerneas extra HP, Trainers' Mail and Skyla to search out Sky Field, Giovanni's for extra damage, Max Elixers to work with Aromatisse, and Level Ball to help fill the bench. There are plenty of other tech options you can test out, such as Brigette, Fan Club, Max Potion, and so on. Browse and test until you understand how these tech options work.
Normally after I'm done with the previous step, I have 80+ cards in my deck, so I start cutting out the options that I don't want or need. I go with a particularly big energy count for Xerneas and Elixer, and I'm done.

Or just fucking google this shit, the game has tens of thousands of players so I guarantee your shitty idea is absolutely not unique in the slightest. People love posting decklists. Netdeck until you get it. Or ask a streamer like me to showcase the deck.
>>
What do you guys hope that Sun/Moon will bring to the TCG?
>>
File: shaymin ex.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
shaymin ex.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
My little trip to gamestop really paid off.

5 packs.
>>
>>26278265
Nice pull, I got both mine from packs as well.

>>26277052
>tl;dr version: how do you start making a first good deck?

Once you understand how trainer line-ups work and you've collected the staples i'd suggest looking at the two or three most recent sets and trying to build a deck out of a pokemon you see there that you like and think is potentially strong enough to be usable.
>>
>>26278434
I traded two solemn strikes for two more and they're in the mail, so now i have 4.

how degenerate would i have to be to make night march
>>
>>26278465
pretty fucking gay
>>
>>26278608
perfect!
>>
if you're playing a completely water deck is dropping ultra balls for dive balls good or is the discard helpful in some way
>>
>>26278677
Are you running Shaymin or Octillery? You want Ultra Balls.
Running neither? Then you don't know how to build a deck.
>>
>>26278677
I run 4 Ultra Balls and 4 Dive Balls on my Greninja Break deck.
Helps getting rid of stuff you don't need, in exchange for the evolutions or Jirachi.
>>
>>26242179
>>26242104
>muh denialfag obsession
Is this a new type of denial? GF/TPC blows out owlspammers and they're still stuck in the past.
>>
when your internet is fucking fine for everything until you begin a tournament and then the client decides to red signal you. fucking piece of shit.
>>
How many packs for FA N? An offer of 45 FC and a FA Shaymin is being ignored on pub.
>>
>>26279113
FC is a worthless pack. No one with the sense to have an FA N up for trade wants it. There's nothing valuable in it and all the cards inside will be worth no more than 1-2 RS in a month.
>>
>>26279194
Then how many RSK? I got 33 of that but don't really want to blow them. I also got 11 Generations left.
>>
>>26279230
55+ RS is the going price. The value went down thanks to Noble Victories being in-rotation. Expect it to shoot back up once the tournament rotates. I got mine for 40 RS apiece last week.
>>
>>26279286
I'll put up a trade for 30 RSK, 10 Generations and 10 RSK then. That's pretty decent.
>>
Does anyone have a decent M Sceptile list? I've been experimenting with it and I just can't seem to get the deck working. It's always too slow or inconsistent.
>>
File: m sceptile.png (54KB, 845x757px) Image search: [Google]
m sceptile.png
54KB, 845x757px
>>26279811
Here are two lists that both won States.
>>
File: 1447128512323.png (51KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
1447128512323.png
51KB, 250x185px
>"Your Old Cards. No one wants them"

When will this meme end? Gitgud, OP.
>>
>>26278220
alright, now I'm glad I couldn't sleep & went back online. thanks a lot, I'll be trying this! I knew all the Trainer cards already, but the descriptions made it a lot easier to actually imagine how they'd play out.

idk if knowledge about cards & techs is that hard to get into for everyone or if I'm just proving to be stupid once more. either way, this is fun & I'll learn by failing I guess
>>
File: 1450488149082.jpg (43KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
1450488149082.jpg
43KB, 332x396px
>>26279969
>>
>>26279869
Rad. Thanks.
>>
File: Wrong.png (246KB, 941x309px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.png
246KB, 941x309px
>>26280111
yeah, 99% of old cards that aren't from base set are worthless.
>>
>>26280291
Pretty much. If it's not 1st Edition, shadowless, secret rare, or one of a small handful of foils or promos that actually retained value, it's worth $2 or less. In the condition most people's cards are in, their stuff is probably worth less than a quarter per foil.
>>
>trading x for y
>then y for 2x
>rinse/repeat for infinite packs
>tfw accidentally did 2y for x today and the trade was accepted immediately

just fuck my shit up
>>
Why the hell is the word "Stroke" censored on PTCGO!?
sorry for randomness
>>
>>26281483
So you can't tell your opponent that you want their close family member to have a stroke when you see they're playing NM.
>>
>>26271183
>>26271183
>>26271183

Yeah, I'll see how it goes on Saturday. I'm just shocked she didn't say no. I'm cautiously optimistic.

sent you some codes btw
>>
File: 354734576.png (3MB, 1158x2310px) Image search: [Google]
354734576.png
3MB, 1158x2310px
>>26281758
Not bad! Thanks anon.
>>
>>26281758
Well, I think that if what you've been telling us is true, and that she laughs at all your jokes and wants to do stuff with you, that it's not really that surprising that she wants to do more with you.
I hope it goes well, bud, let us know how it all turns out!
[email protected]
>>
File: battle-arena-decks-169.jpg (72KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
battle-arena-decks-169.jpg
72KB, 578x327px
Will we get new dual decks? I like the game, but it's nice to have two reletivly even, ready-to-battle decks for when people want to casually play.
>>
>>26282119
Yes, Seismitoad EX vs Magnezone EX next year.
>>
File: yes.jpg (20KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
20KB, 303x303px
>>26282149
Holy shit, yes. Thank you anon.
>>
>>26282260
99% sure he's lying, anon.
>>
>>26282379
Yeah, quick look at Google makes it seem like I've been rused.
>>
>>26282119
>relatively even

>>26282149
>Seismitoad EX vs Magnezone EX

>>26282260
>Hell yes

I kek'd.
>>
>>26281758
No codes needed here, just to say good luck anon. Report back after we're all on the edge of our seats.
>>
>reach last round of tournament
>once again 2 Weavile, Mime and 2 eggs prized in the final round

They don't even make it less obvious it rigs you.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>26280291
>>26280451

That's flat out untrue. The Shining cards from the Neo era set, the Crystal cards from the E Set just to name a few. There's a dip the amount of rare cards for the gen 4 stuff, but apart from that 1 generation, that's totally wrong.
>>
>>26284762

>The Shining cards from the Neo era set, the Crystal cards from the E Set just to name a few

Those probably falls under Secret Rares for the purpose of >>26280451 despite the fact that you get 2 to 3 of them in a single box
>>
File: 1460515866648 (1).jpg (72KB, 727x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460515866648 (1).jpg
72KB, 727x960px
>>26284868

So you're saying "remove all the rare cards, and you don't have any rare cards."
>>
>>26285100
This argument is fucking stupid.

There are a handful of subsets that are worth a lot of money beyond just Gen 1 and 2 first editions.

But they make up maybe 10% at the absolute most of all the cards ever printed. So 90% of cards ever printed are worthless.

Therefore it's safe to say, your old cards are worthless. If you already happen to be a collector who owns rare, expensive cards, you will already know they're not worthless.
>>
>>26285196

The same argument could be said for the vast majority of all collectibles.
>>
Just starting off, which staples should I try to get before trying to make a standard deck?
>>
>>26287206
see >>26242141
>>
could you fit 2 jolteon ex into a trev break deck? replace wobbufett with it and fit in 2 lightning energy to counter night march
>>
File: Shiny-M-Gardevoir-EX-XY11.jpg (86KB, 564x721px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny-M-Gardevoir-EX-XY11.jpg
86KB, 564x721px
[Y][C] Despair Ray: 110+ damage. Discard as many of your Benched Pokemon as you like. This attack does 30 more damage for each Benched Pokemon discarded in this way

This plus Hoopla-EX, Shaymin-EX, and Super Rod. Just need to see the normal Gardevoir-EX.
>>
>>26288440
Not very good. You need to discard 2-3, 4 if Mega, Pokemon to KO most EXs, that's just too much.
>>
>>26287989
I've seen Jolteon included as a one-of in Vesiquen/Vileplume and get it working, but I can't imagine it working in Trevenant. The differences is that the former already runs DCE while the later is reliant on D-Valley. Any competent NM player is probably going to Lysandre up the Jolteon before you're able to manually attach [L][C][C]. They might struggle to get it under item lock, but with Hex being a thing it's possible that they just do that to help get it in their hand and wait until the following turn to use the Lysandre if you're not running a build focusing on things like Red Card / Delinquent.
>>
>>26287989
Not really, he's not very splashable and especially bad without DCE.
You'd have hard time fitting the correct numbers for Psychic/ Lightning split and powering up Jolteon. And besides, Jolteon's not very good when you have other Pokemon in the bench, as that allows the NM player Lysandre/ Escape Rope/ Catcher plays.
>>
>>26289346
With having access to Dimension Valley and letting it attack for a single energy and eggs being a thing though, I definitely see potential for this being good in expanded.
>>
>>26289346
Run 4 Exeggcute in expanded. That's a consistent 200 or 230 every turn for only 1 energy if run with Dimension Valley.
>>
>>26289420
>>26289462
Didn't consider running it with eggs, my bad. With that strategy the bench space will be a pretty big problem though, I thunk. And you really can't run both Sky Field and D Valley.
>>
>>26289503
Use a heavy engine of Shaymin and Hoopa with Mega Turbo to get setup with two Mega Garde, then use those for your first discards. Doesn't seem that bad desu. Sky Field seems unnecessary since you only need to discard two to hit 170.
>>
>>26281758
>>26282058
>>26283456

>>26281758
>>26282058
>>26283456

Welp, looks like everything is going to shit. she has a sick relative and now she isnt sure if she'll be able to go. of course something had to happen, idk why I got excited. i guess this is over
>>
>>26290052
Dude, I haven't been following your story closely, but wtf man, give it a rest, take it slowly, don't let this become the center of your thoughts.

Maybe she noticed your interest and backed off, maybe she really has a sick relative. Even if she has a sick relative, maybe she is oblivious to your feelings towards her, and isn't ready to correspond yet.

I'm not trying to make you feel it won't work, just urging you to spend less of yourself into it, like I did many, many times and it never turned up good. Just take it slowly and don't feel so down if things go wrong. Wait till the relative feels better, send some positive thoughts, and then when she is free again, invite her to do something else.

Or don't. I'm from a different country, maybe things work another way up there. Just thought I'd share my two cents with you.
>>
>>26285344
And the statement rings true for that vast majority.

Your old [x] are worthless.
>>
File: Burning rats and bats.png (737KB, 924x569px) Image search: [Google]
Burning rats and bats.png
737KB, 924x569px
>>26272712
I made another update of this deck, what do you guys think? I added crobat since the damage wasn't good enough with just raichu.
>>
>>26290687
Replace the Octillery line with 2 Shaymin-EX (you probably don't have them and predicted this suggestion, but still) and beef the Bats line up (4-4-3 is the best I believe). Cut 1 Level Ball, 1 Brigette & 1 AZ, add 1 Ultra Ball, 1 N and 1 Sky Field.
>>
>>26290687
>>26290786 here again
Also, I'm not sure if Fire typing gives you such a big advantage in todays meta. The Flareon pacakage is probably better as some other support pokemon.
>>
>>26290052
Nice blog post you queer.
>>
>>26290052
You're getting obsessive calm down a sick relative is just a thing that happens and it isn't over stop being so melodramatic.
>>
>>26290856
Not him, but Flareon isn't there for the typing, it's there to make Blacksmith work.
>>
>>26291539
Not him either, but you'd cut the blacksmith too, it's part of the mentioned 'Flareon package'. Blacksmith which requires a Flareon setup is clunky.
>>
>>26291508
You're right, but the guy hasn't probably talked to a girl other than his potential sister(s), before this gal for several years. This a fucking pokemon board.
>>
File: CiRPv7-UUAAgYpr.png (169KB, 504x265px) Image search: [Google]
CiRPv7-UUAAgYpr.png
169KB, 504x265px
Holy shit thats nice
>>
>>26292456
Since Generation packs don't come with code cards, does this mean the code for the sleeves/box also dumps 10 packs and a Shaymin on you?
>>
>>26292456
Dump your Jolteon-EXs, now! Trade them for FA Shaymins, you'll thank me in 4 weeks time.
>>
>>26292607
People said the same thing about the Charizard box.
>>
>>26292456
When does this come out? Do we know yet?
>>
>>26292456
I'll get this for those sweet sleeves and dice. Everything else is a cool bonus.
>>
File: Gen 7 Champ.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 7 Champ.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Got a new trainer card for you.
>>
>>26292607
>4 weeks
>Generations box has a September 14th release date
>>
>>26292456
Apparently it's a pokemoncenter.com exclusive, so US only. Oh well, no sleeves and dice for me then.
>>
>>26292646
July 1
>>
File: BRITBONGS UNITE.jpg (24KB, 208x180px) Image search: [Google]
BRITBONGS UNITE.jpg
24KB, 208x180px
Anyone else going to UK nationals?
It's also streamed live.
>>
>>26292848

That's the general release, >>26293146 has the release date for the "pre-release" sale that Pokemon Center's doing for 'em.
>>
>>26293829
No, but my country's Nationals are this Saturday too.
>>
>>26293829
This weekend, right? I'll be watching the games and talking shit about your bad plays on this very thread.
>>
>>26292456
Its probably going to cost 59.99. Still, pretty decent. Might buy one.
>>
File: Shaymin EX.jpg (247KB, 861x685px) Image search: [Google]
Shaymin EX.jpg
247KB, 861x685px
>>
Got a Shaymin EX for 20 FC packs, did I do good?
>>
>>26294450
S-sorry, my nationals are overshadowing yours

>>26294642
Yeah, this weekend. What code word or phrase should I say so you know it's me?
>>
how the fuck do people sell booster packs online? less than $3 for fates collide boosters with free shipping & it's coming in a first class package.
>>
>>26295046
Meaning they're either weighed or resealed, most likely the latter.
>>
>>26295155
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391453074207

they look pretty legit? idk. I ordered 1 because I want to mail out a few booster packs so I just want to see how these big guys do it, if I have to mail first class I'd just lose money.
>>
File: 20160512_163026.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163026.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I can't decide what to take out for 2 N. Any other help appreciated too.
>>
>>26296731
Leaning towards 1 trainers mail and 1 Ultraball
>>
>Mega evolution
>Ancient Traits
>BREAK evolution
>Dual typing
Current meta is pretty diverse.
>>
>>26297498
b-but muh night march
>>
>>26297498
That's not really meta that's just game mechanics meta is what the players do with the mechanics.
>>
>>26297498
>mega evolution
Not very popular except for M Manectric EX
>Ancient Traits
None used in current meta
>BREAK evolution
Currently limited to just Trev and Greninja, exclusively because they're great Night March counters
>dual typing
Doesn't exist yet

The current meta is not diverse.
>>
>>26297685
Not him, but if we look at the ten best decks after four weeks of States, we find:
>4 decks with EX primary attackers
>2 of those are Mega decks

>4 decks with Evolution primary attackers (not counting Megas)
>2 of those are Break decks

>3 Big Basics decks
>1 of those uses a non-EX as its primary attacker

>4 lock decks
>1 gimmick deck sitting at Tier 0

And things get a lot wilder when we dip into Tier 4 and lower.

We're seeing a pretty good spread of mechanics in the meta. This is definitely a huge step up from the EX domination we've seen since NXD. You could argue that Night March has a huge meta share (~29% compared to ~10% for the next best deck), but you see this every single format. It happened with Toad, Yveltal, Genesect, Mewtwo, Garchomp, etc. Pokemon's mechanics just inherently support a Tier 0 format.
>>
Reminder that Item Lock decks are more degenerate than Night March
>>
>>26297551
all are used pretty heavily family. trev & greninja break decks are everywhere, megas/exs are all very common, ancient trait cards aren't as popular now but still pretty common.
>>
>>26298286
Trev and Greninja are the only BREAKs that see a lot of use, although some people are teching them in Yveltal/Zoroark. The real reason they're useful though is because the hard-stop NM.

Megas are not "everywhere." M Manectric EX is still really popular, but that's it. Some people try to run M Rayquaza EX, but it's far from "everywhere."

EX's have taken a huge dip in popularity, with Manectric, its mega, Seismitoad and Giratina being the biggest EX attackers in the meta.

Ancient Traits are not at all popular or common. Tier 1, 2, 3 or 4 - they're not used. Delta Evolution, which belongs exclusively to M Rayquaza, is it.
>>
>>26298500
>Delta Evolution, which belongs exclusively to M Rayquaza, is it.
There are several Pokemon with Delta Evolution, not just M Fug.
I agree with your post 100% but I felt like that should be mentioned.
>>
>>26298557
You're right, I should have been more specific. What I meant was, M Ray is the only Pokemon in the current meta that has Delta evolution.
>>
>>26298500
>Trev and Greninja are the only BREAKs that see a lot of use
seeing as breaks are brand new, are you really surprised there are only a few decks running them? breakthrough was basically just a test run for breaks, i don't think any of the cards were meant to be super playable.
>>
>>26298685
Zoroark is rising in usage too to replace Yveltal-EX.
>>
>>26298500
tier 3 has Double Entei, you retard.
>>
>>26298729
Entei is not a Tier 3 deck.
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 750x1334px
>>26298729
Hahaha
>>
>>26298778
>>26298780
entei is better than anything in tier 4, and regularly smashes tier 3 and above decks.
>>
>>26298780
Poor Mewtwo. They herald it in as the super strong Psychic mega and then immediately replace it with two Psychic megas that are much more efficient and much stronger, both of which kill him effortlessly.
>>
>>26298780
>wailord
>tier 4
lol it's not that good
>>
>>26298833
>>26298838
>this deck is better than other decks because I say so
>despite tournament results indicating otherwise

Cool stuff.
>>
>>26298834
Mewtwo was DOA because of Night March. Mew was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>26298833
>>26298838
You guys do understand that the tier list isn't subjective, right?
No one's opinions or anecdotal feelings are being accounted for.
The tier list is put together using raw, unaltered tournament results. Pure statistics. No opinions.

Entei has one (1) Top 4 on the States level. That doesn't even put it in Tier 4.
>>
>>26298856
I'm sure I play this deck more than you at a higher level than you. It's just as good as the tier 3 decks, it just hasn't won states.
>>
>>26298872
Doesn't matter when he's outclassed by two other Psychic megas that will be around as long or longer than him. He should never be used for any reason.
>>
>>26298780
Fuck with night march tournaments must have been dull.
>>
>>26298901
>it's good
>it just doesn't win

My sides.

>>26298915
No, it doesn't matter, but the fact that NM kept it from being good the day it came out is why it's always been subjecting to lower tiers. M Zam and eventually M Garde will officially kill it from all competitive play.

>>26298923
It was actually quite fun. NM's presence allowed other new decks to thrive, like Trev BREAK and the transition YZG went through.
>>
>>26298976
>It was actually quite fun. NM's presence allowed other new decks to thrive, like Trev BREAK and the transition YZG went through.
??????
Trevenant has been Tier 1 since RS launched. Meaning LAST format. Before Night March was anywhere near the tier list.

And YZG's transitions have had nothing to do with Night March. Do you think Gallade is making the NM matchup any easier? Do you think Zoroark is only included for the NM matchup? Have you read its ability? What the fuck does Zoroark Break even do in the NM matchup?
>>
>>26299026
>tree slam has been tier 1
gonna need a source for that family

trev break is the only card that made the deck tier 1
>>
>shitty client lags and makes me click N instead of Sycamore and I lose the whole game because of it

epic
>>
>>26299065
There is literally only one website that posts and shares tournament results
>>
>>26299026
>Trevenant has been tier 1 since RS launched
It was popular up to rotation, but died because without HTL+Bank it did very little damage. It was non-existent during Cities, pic related. But the BREAK gave it new life because it could knock out more Pokemon, faster.

YZG transitioned into a more Zoroark-heavy build, and cut all of its Yveltal EX's, specifically because it makes the prize trade better and it's not weak to Joltik. The Whistles were added to make preying on Shaymins easier. The BREAKs were included because, with a 3-3 or 4-4 Zoroark line, you might as well include one or two BREAKs.
>>
File: image.png (83KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83KB, 750x1334px
>>26299165
Forgot the actual pic.
>>
Anyone else lose the opening coin toss like 9/10 times? Any reason why that is? I'm currently on guessing heads and it being tails 23 times in a row. I only seem to win when they lose.
>>
File: LcsmHIm.png (99KB, 265x195px) Image search: [Google]
LcsmHIm.png
99KB, 265x195px
can anyone even understand what this guy is saying
>>
Hold on a moment, did they change something about rewards? I just got a booster pack as a challenge reward and it shows as tradable.
>>
>>26300347
Yeah I just noticed that today too
>>
>>26300311
Yeah.
>>
>>26300347
>>26300385

Yep, for some reason the packs you get from Daily Challenges are now tradable while the packs you get from the Winner's wheel on Versus are now trade-locked.
>>
>>26300311
Yes but I can't understand how his brain functions, if at all.
>>
File: fc pulls.png (929KB, 1272x714px) Image search: [Google]
fc pulls.png
929KB, 1272x714px
I guess this was worth the extra battle I had to do because some fucker conceded before I got the last kill.
>>
>>26301070
these are the kind of people we share this thread with.
>>
>As posted before, Steam Siege is America’s XY11 set and will be released on August 3rd. It’ll feature Volcanion-EX, Gardevoir-EX, shiny M Gardevoir-EX, Magearna, Xerneas BREAK, and Yveltal BREAK.
>Xerneas BREAK and Yveltal BREAK.
>Yveltal
>BREAK
Will it be good?
>>
>>26301216
Yes because it could have a totally useless attack, but giving XY and BT Yveltals more health is great.
>>
new

>>26301269
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2296px
IRL fag here, I decided to jump on the Grenigger meme and this this what I got so far.
Would it clog the deck to run either Suicune or Lapras instead of a 4th Froakie? Thanks anons

1 Super Rod
2 VS Seeker
4 Trainer Mail
2 Fisher Man
2 Sycamore
4 Dive Ball
1 Town Map
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Sacred Ash
1 Xerosic
1 Energy retrieval
1 Lysandre
2 Ultra Ball
2 Muscle Band
1 Professor's Letter
2 N
3 Wally
2 Rough seas
7 Water energy
2 Jirachi XY67
4 Froakie
4 Frogadier
2 Greninja
2 Water Shuriken Greninja
2 Greninja BREAK
2 Remoraid
2 Octillery
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.