[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to justify flinching as a legitimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160509-120843.png (629KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160509-120843.png
629KB, 1440x2560px
You have ten seconds to justify flinching as a legitimate game mechanic.
>>
>>26216205
"Make your opponent lose a turn if..." Sound familiar anon? It's in a lot of games for kids. Some flinching moves might be too strong or too accurate, but flinching itself is fine.
>>
"In battle, if you you make your opponent flinch, you have already won."

-Miyamoto Musashi
>>
git gud
>>
>>26216205
If you lost to flinching, that just means that you're shit and you need to git gud.
>>
>>26216229
W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>26216227
>Completely random, unchangeable chance to be unable to do anything

How is that "fine"? Pure, unchangeable chance should be eliminated as much as possible.
>>
>>26216260
Hello smogonfag
>>
>>26216260
then play chess
>>
Same justification as evasion, sleep spam and everything else Smogon mindlessly bans.
Deal with it.
>>
>>26216260
Maybe you should just ban it like everything else
>>
>>26216276
>Evasion, sleep spam mindless bans
hello 1100
>>
Turn-based RPGs were never meant to be competitive to begin with.
>>
>>26216205
>Pokemon Online
What is this? Is it like Showdown?
>>
>>26216285
This
>>26216291
Yeah only dead
>>
>>26216205
How about we just remove every game mechanic and just give everything a Punch attack. Everything has the same HP and Attack so everything does the same amount of damage every turn with a 50/50 chance of who goes first. Fair enough OP?
>>
>>26216205
elements of chance have been embraced in game design for years as a way to increase diversity of playstyle and appeal to less skilled players by increasing possible outcomes
>>
>>26216291
Pretty much. There's a Showdown app but the PO one is far superior. Only downside is that the tiers are slightly different, and there's far fewer players.

>>26216297
I need to make a Karenfag bingo card.
>>
Maybe you shouldn't be playing a luck based competitive game
>>
>>26216297
>50/50 chance

b-but my skills!!1
>>
>>26216297
>50/50 chance of who goes first
>entire game is now a coin flip
>Fair
it's shit, make the first move always go to a set player
and make that player me, then it's fair
>>
Can't handle the Swagger?
>>
>>26216319
>>26216297
alright, how about this, you get 6 different types of pieces of varying amounts placed on a checkerboard pattern, all with slightly different ways of moving, and whoever is using the black colored pieces goes first
>>
>>26216356
>6 different pieces
>they all move differently
Holy shit, I don't think I'd be able to handle such a fuckfest of a metagame! What if we just make them all one circular chip piece and each side gets 20 of one color? They all move in only one direction, unless you can get one of your pieces to the other side.
>>
>>26216433
how about there's three plays you can do, and they make a chain where each one wins and loses against one of the others, you count to three then show your play
in the case of a tie you just play again
>>
>>26216481
What we really need to do is skip any sort of head-to-head and just givr both participants gold medals. We never tell them that the other player got one too, so they both go on thinking they've won and everyone is happy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.