[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Audino chosen to be the first Gen 5 mega? I looked back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 531-mega.png (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
531-mega.png
47KB, 300x300px
Why was Audino chosen to be the first Gen 5 mega? I looked back on it and I'm surprised it wasn't Chandelure, since I found it's the most popular Gen 5 Pokemon in Japan.
>>
audino lol
>>
>>26210044
Because the majority of mega pokemon aren't based around what's popular.
>>
They forgot to include it in the Fairy retyping so this is their way of fixing that. Also probably a last minute "there should be a Doubles-oriented Mega."
>>
File: 1330649352028.jpg (12KB, 252x150px) Image search: [Google]
1330649352028.jpg
12KB, 252x150px
and it's even worse because the mega isn't even good.

If they're gonna make megas for single stage shitmons they need to make it actually worth using like kangaskhan or mawile.
>>
File: porygon_z_seizure.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
porygon_z_seizure.gif
2MB, 240x240px
>>26210044
>yfw Valerie's sleeves were foreshadowing Audino becoming Fairy
>>
>>26210103
>kangaskhan
>shitmon
You watch your god damn mouth.
>>
Tabunne ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>26210044
>Loses regenerator and leftovers
>For fucking healer
Into the trash it goes. It sucks because Audino is one of my favorite supports.
>>
>>26210072
There's an interview out there that states how GF chooses Pokemon for megas based on their popularity, but I'm sure they said that just to give a generic answer.
I feel the process for assigning Mega evolutions outside of staples (like starters and pseudolegends) is more random than they let on.
>>
I legitimately think it was just so they could make the dumb joke with Looker giving you the Audinite.
>>
Yeah Audino was kind of a weird choice. I have a weird soft spot for Audino, I guess after grinding them during BW, but not a fan of the Mega being shit.
>>
My guess is that one of the designers liked Audino, so they drew up a sketch of Mega Audino and Gamefreak liked it enough to include it. Most of the seemingly random Pokemon like Beedrill and Banette are probably a similar deal, while the more obvious ones are decided by committee.
>>
>>26210797
I feel like Beedrill was legitimately by popularity but on second thought probably not. I guess I'm just assuming gen 1 = popular.
>>
>>26210566
what joke
>>
>>26210172
Fuck I just now realize how clever this all is the mega is gay af tho
>>
I'm just mad ithat got Healer. It only heals the partner 30 percent of the time, when Audino has access to Heal Bell, which heals THE WHOLE PARTY INSTANTLY.

Friend Guard would have been a fareally better ability while still sticking to the "helping out its partner" thing they were obviously trying to go for
>>
>>26210808
I'd say everything up to Machamp is genuinely popular.
>>
It's so fucking adorable
Why is it so shit
It even has sad eyes with the happy face GOD WHY IS IT BAD
>>
File: 1323156421517.png (278KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
1323156421517.png
278KB, 400x426px
>>26210172
>>26210890
Someone's gonna have to explain this to me.
>>
>>26210954
*unzips dick*
back the fuck off?!?
>>
>>26210954
Its Japanese name, Tabuune, means something like "maybe?". Its English name sounds like "I dunno", along with being an ear pun.
>>
>>26210969
*telports behind u*
>>
>>26210954
Audino is such a weird and forced name because it was trying to get across a wordplay in the japanese name, though the use of "Tabunne" there doesn't really work in context. It's name is portmanteau of a phrase meaning "maybe" and "earlobes". This was because of always having the chance to see one in shaky grass in BW. "Audino" tried to capture that by attempting to sound like "I dunno".
>>
>>26210984
>>26210997
Oh, I thought the "mega" made a phrase out of its name somehow.
>>
>>26211033
I don't know the joke when you get Audinite, but I figure what he was getting at was people would ask why did Audino get a mega and the reply would be "Audino :^)"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.