[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought Pokemon Yellow yesterday. First time I've played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 4612.png (56KB, 345x230px) Image search: [Google]
4612.png
56KB, 345x230px
I bought Pokemon Yellow yesterday. First time I've played a Gen I Pokemon game since the mid 2000s.

Can someone explain to me why Gen I games are hated now? Granted, the only generations I'm familiar with are 3-5, but so far, Yellow is fucking amazing.

> pic related if you want career-ending injury
>>
>>26196815
Yellow in Gen 2 anon
>>
>2016
>buying any Nintenbo games

?????
do you even know that ALL Nintendo games can be pirated in someway?
>>
File: wew.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>No fairy types
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17KB, 626x624px
>>26196824
>>
>>26196815
>career-ending

ok buddy
>>
>>26196815
Because most of the people on this board are underage and had either Diamond/Pearl or Black/White as their first game.

They call people who like RBY "genwunners" (or "Hoennfags" for people who like RSE) because they can't accept that people have different opinions than them.

In reality, off the internet, most people don't give a fuck about any of these people's opinions. But people here enjoy the echo chamber of having other underagers telling them that they also think D/P or B/W were the best games.
>>
>>26196815
It's less that Gen I is hated and more the type of people it attracts. The type of people who say "I'm a true Pokemon fan" when they've only played the first gen and try to get attention because of it.

Are the gen I games the greatest in the series? God no. But it doesn't stop them from being good.
>>
>>26196815
As its said every time this is asked
Gen 1 isn't hated, the genwunners are
I started with yellow myself, and I can still play gen 1 easily, largely because all the glitches and weird choices is charming in its own way.
But the people that insist that everything after "isn't real pokemon" or that "Pokemon was at its best with RBY" are just faggots who don't know how to remove nostalgia from their opinions.
>>
>>26196900
It's always something about an echo chamber. Every time. I can't tell if you're saying it's fine to like any gen more, or baiting.
>>
>>26197031
It's perfectly fine to like one more than the other.

But when people refuse to accept that their first Pokemon game they got for Christmas when they were kids isn't viewed as the best Gen by every single person in existence, then you basically get /vp/ circlejerking over Gen 5.
>>
>>26196933
>The type of people who say "I'm a true Pokemon fan" when they've only played the first gen and try to get attention because of it.

Switch "first gen" with "gen 5" and you basically get half of /vp/.
>>
>>26196960

> But the people that insist that everything after "isn't real pokemon" or that "Pokemon was at its best with RBY" are just faggots who don't know how to remove nostalgia from their opinions.

OP here. Believe me, I understand Gen I does not have the best Pokemon games. However, the experience people got out of Gen I was simply magical. I'm 19 so I was too young to enjoy Pokemania. My brother is a few years older than me and whenever he talked about those days, they sounded like so much fun. When I got into Pokemon(around 2002-2003), kids my age weren't that super into it.
>>
Do genwunners actually exist? I've never run into one on the internet.
>>
>>26199204
You don't have a facebook, I take it. They show up in droves on pretty much anything Pokemon-related there.
>>
>>26199470
i forgt pic relatt
>>
>>26199204
They're the normalfag 20 somethings of the franchise.
>>
Playing through the R/B/Y vc release was pretty comfy.

Doing the Mew glitch, exploiting crit rates, going through Rock Tunnel without Flash and dying to a Hiker that selfdestructed my remaining party member.

Also used a Kingler for the first time and it's one of my favorite HM slaves now.
>>
>>26196834
Well yeah, but I'm not poor
>>
>>26199204
genwunners don't care about Pokemon anymore.
>>
File: 1404932717521.gif (30KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1404932717521.gif
30KB, 100x100px
>>26196815
It's not that I hate it, it's more the designs in it are more basic, so i can't really find as many pokemon i really want to use. That and a lot of things from gen 1 were either done away with/polished in future games. I don't think anybody anywhere has defended being forced to switch from a full box to catch pokemon, for example.

They're not bad games, and it's perfectly fine to have them as your favorite ones, but even so you still have to acknowledge the flaws. The problem arises with the people that just say "oh man i love pokemon but everything after gen 1/2 isn't a pokemon in my eyes"
>>
>>26196815
I think mostly it has to do with how broken the games were back then. Psychics dominated because the two types meant to counter them were fuck up, and there are a ton of other glitches / oversights that can make the games frustrating.

Also, everything in future games is very streamlined, especially when it comes to your inventory, HM moves, and Pokemon storage.
>>
>>26199204
For sure, since Pokemania happened. Pokemon is huge now but not as huge as back then, so everyone at least remembers Gen 1, but kids growing up now end up liking multiple regions since they're exposed to just so much of it.
I only disliked it because of that, and because computer emulation makes me feel less close to the game. Playing Yellow on my N3DS also helped me really enjoy the gen, especially since it can transfer over. That said, fuck trying to make a living dex.
>>
REMOVE SPURS
REMOVE LEBRON
>>
>>26196900
This. It's mostly bitter faggots who are asspained over genwunners despite the fact that the only people with the genwunner mentality are hot topic employees or fags on facebook. Anyone else is just b8. I honestly don't know why you would fucking complain that the original games are bad or outdated, of course it fucking is they are two decades old.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.