[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /vp/. I haven't played pokemon since black and white,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Uten navn.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Uten navn.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey, /vp/. I haven't played pokemon since black and white, but I'm thinking of buying a newer game for my 3ds. Should I buy Y/X, or Omega Ruby/Sapphire?
>>
Since there's apparently no third game, get Y. Then and only then, if you want to have more of an old but new experience, get OR later.
>>
Honestly Or/As are better, they're more refined and have that nostalgia factor if you've actually played RSE. I know everyone loves to hate them but they are the objectively the best gen 6 games.

If you can though I'd strongly advise Black 2/White 2, they are everything good about Black and White with everything bad about Black and White fixed.
>>
>>26196045
ORAS.
ORAS are ok/good games, but not any better than RS
XY is just shit.
>>
>>26196076
>XY is just shit
Nice meme
>>
Just get BW2 senpai
>>
BW2
>>
>>26196111
>>26196135
OP asked between XY and ORAS.
>>
>>26196068
>>26196076
Is Y/X shit, or is that just a meme?
>>
>>26196144
You're on /vp/.
>>
>>26196143
Yea and they're both shit
>>
>>26196144
A meme.
>>
>>26196144
X/Y are OK but it has its problems when it comes to difficulty/length. Or/As kind of fixes these issues but mainly just because its a remake.
>>
>>26196166
OP survived BW, he can survive XY and ORAS.
>>
>>26196144
Depends really. It's definitely not the best with the hand holding till mid game, shitty rivals, ez mode exp share.

I still think it's worth playing through imo. Though I'd buy it used if you don't have much cash to spend, not worth it at full price.
>>
>>26196144
It's one of the worse pokemon games IMO
But if you're deciding between ORAS and XY i'd still say XY just because they aren't remakes. Of course if you never played a gen 3 game, then get ORAS no doubt.
>>
>>26196178
>disliking black and white
Nice meme bro! :^)
>>
>>26196045
Memes aside, they're both worth buying. Maybe go with X/Y if you've already played a gen 3 game, since it has all the new gen 6 pokemon.
>>
OP here: There's been a good many years since I played RSE, so I'm probably gonna give ORAS a shot. Thanks for all your help!
>>
>>26196256
Get OR if you intend to use slow Pokemon and AS if you don't.
>>
>>26196194
BW were shit, BW2 redeemed 5th gen
>>
X&Y because for all of their issues they're not inferior remakes of games over a decade old.
>>
>>26196310
BW were great but OK you can have your shit taste
>>
File: 1447929379332.jpg (330KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1447929379332.jpg
330KB, 800x532px
Another anon here, I loved BW2 but I played the OR/AS special demo and was pretty disappointed.
Should I buy any of the 6th generation pokemon games?
>>
>People unironically suggesting XY over ORAS when that means OP would miss out on a bunch of megas
>>
>>26196863
Nope, wait for Sun/Moon and see if you like that instead.
>>
Got my first Nintendo console a month ago and I'm pretty pleased with X/Y, despite the general bad opinion. I think OP could start here.
>>
Ignore the XY hater. most of /vp are gen V fanboys and try to bring down the followup generation like IV was to V.

Get X/Y if you already played R/S. OR/AS does have more post game things and slightly more features, but the main game in XY was better. X/Y in generell are better than BW, since the region is bigger with having more variaty and the pokemon selection feeling more like the third versions due to the large pokedex. Story was worse. If you are not that much interested into the story, XY is the way to go. If you have the chance, play the X/Y hacks eternalX/Y since they are more difficult.
>>
>>26197869
>X/Y in generell are better than BW

here's your (you)
>>
>>26196045
If you're going with only one, get X/Y just because it's the natural progression in the series.
ORAS is a generation VI game, but it IS a remake. And not a particularly good one, at that.

If you go into generation VII without having played X or Y, that's basically you missing generation VI.
If that doesn't bother you, then go ahead and follow your heart.

Both games are pretty lackluster on the whole. I imagine making 720 quality pokemon models and animations took a lot of resources and the quality of the games suffered.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.