[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you use a guarantee-crit move like Frost Breath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Mega_Slowbro.png (132KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Slowbro.png
132KB, 400x480px
What happens if you use a guarantee-crit move like Frost Breath on a Pokemon with something like Shell Armor that prevents all critical hits?
>>
I'd assume it doesn't crit.
>>
What if your Riolu was poisoned right before it evolves into Location? Would it be one of the the first Steel types to be poisoned?
>>
The negative always overrides the positive in Pokémon (provided they are equal values). Same way a normal move with a no-accuracy-check hit rate will still miss a ghost mon or a mon that is flying/digging etc.
>>
It locks up.
>>
>>26192968
Which location? Route 4?
>>
>>26192968
That on the other hand is a really fucking good question. I assume yes.
>>
>>26192968
Yes. Soak works too.
>>
>Frost Breath inflicts damage and will always result in a critical hit unless the target has Battle Armor, Shell Armor, or is under the effect of Lucky Chant.
According to Bulbapedo, anyway.
>>
>>26192968
>Although difficult, it is possible for Steel and Poison-type Pokémon to be poisoned.
>In Generation II, the move Twineedle could poison Steel-type Pokémon; however, this was removed in future Generations.
>A Poison or Steel-type Pokémon can be poisoned if its type is changed through a move like Soak, is then poisoned and switched out. When the Pokémon is sent out again, the poison status will remain even though the Pokémon's type has changed back to Poison or Steel.
>Also, poisoned Pokémon who evolve into a Poison- or Steel-type Pokémon, such as Cascoon evolving into Dustox, will keep the poisoned status after evolving.

I'd almost prefer to believe nobody actually tried this and they're just making educated guesses, but it's too sad to give them that doubt.
>>
>>26192968
You can poison steel types with twinneedle.
>>
What happens if you give your burned Groudon the Red Orb and then enter a battle, would it still be affected with burn status despite being a Fire type?
>>
>>26192960
In my experience, RPGs always favor the defense since the wording is more absolute. Shell Armor says it prevents *all* critical hits, therefore one would expect that to be true under any circumstances. Especially since critical hits are 'abnormal'; Frost Breath doesn't just do a lot of extra damage, it makes them Critical Hits all the time, except when they cannot be Crits. This allows for more variety than if the situation were the other way around.

>>26192968
The rule is that Poison and Steel Pokemon cannot *be* poisoned, but if they are poisoned already it will remain. This includes Soak as >>26192979 said, as well as evolution. Poisoning them with Twinneedle as >>26192992 mentioned only worked in Generation II, and was an oversight at the time (since, as above, they are supposed to err on the side of defense).
>>
>>26193005
*cannot *become* poisoned, my mistake
>>
>>26192989
I'm sure nobody has ever had a pokemon evolve while poisoned.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.