[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why wasn't Chansey part of the Fairy-type retcon? Balance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

So why wasn't Chansey part of the Fairy-type retcon? Balance? Inconsistency on Gamefreak's part? Or is there an actual good reason?
>>
I feel like it was just to differentiate it from Clefairy and Jigglypuff. I feel like Jigglypuff wasn't changed to pure Fairy for the same reason. Now all the pink fat blobs from Gen I are different.
>>
Because Fairy resists Fighting.
>>
They should have made Blissey part Fairy and keep Chansey as is.
>>
What I would've done is keep Happiny a normal type, make Chansey Normal/Fairy and make Blissey pure Fairy.
>>
>>26186491
Balance. Remember, Fairy is an anti-meta type, they made it for the purposes of countering Dragon.
>>
>>26186491
It is currently unknown to us at the moment.

We must wait for a official source to answer our questions about it.
>>
>>26186491
Because Blissey already is too OP. Giving it STAB Fairy moves and Fairy's resistances would be too much.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>26186749
>implying GameFreak gives a shit about balance when things like Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, and Mega Fug exist
>>
>>26186491
they didn't want everyone to stop playing the game
>>
>>26186491
Probably balance, but my shitty headcanon is that it's because its "healing powers" have a rational, biological explanation (nutritious eggs laid daily) so the people of the Pokemon world don't ascribe mysticism to it. You can think of it as a caricature of "weird Australian mammals" (monotremes and marsupials) rather than a "lunar fairyblob" like its gen 1 sisters. Hence why it's found in the Safari Zone.
>>
>>26186556
this
>>
If you think about it,
Audino->Mega Audino
and
Chansey->Blissey
have similar design philosophies (goes from pink to white and fluffy). So maybe Mega Blissey will be Normal/Fairy and have the top half of her body become white and fluffy. Ability: Fur Coat, of course.
>>
>>26186854
this is some reddit thinking
>>
They forgot. They don't care about balance.
>>
>>26186968
This
They also forgot to retype Audino and Mega Audino was their attempt to rectify that without admitting their mistake due to gook pride. Also an attempt to appease gen 5 fans but they could've picked something more popular like Volcarona.
>>26186951
>if i randomly call things reddit, theyll never figure out it is actually i who just came from reddit!
>>
>>26186923
mega audino is such a disgrace
>>
>>26187035
>their mistake due to gook pride.
They will eventually. There's inconsistencies between XY and ORAS. So I don't think they care as much as simply no one having brought it to their attention yet.

Daily reminder they still use farenheit
>>
>>26186491
why would balance not be part of "actual good reason"?
>>
>>26187646
Good reason BESIDES balance. If balance determined everything there'd be no gimmickmons.
>>
>>26187615
Fuck you. It is great in doubles.
>>
>>26186556
Mega Blissey in S&M confirmed?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.