[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey! Do you know what you just did? You've taken your first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1448911589168.png (10KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
1448911589168.png
10KB, 640x576px
Hey! Do you know what you just did? You've taken your first step into KANTO. Check your POKéGEAR MAP and see.
>>
>>26182087
Really hyped when this happened
>>
>>26182087
Fuck yourself asshole. You're the guy in Mahogany that barred me from entering the gym because I "should go sightseeing"
>>
>YFW Kanto was never mentioned as the name of the continent in Gen 1
>there's probably a 8 year old who was familiar with the games but didn't get why going to 'Kanto' was a big deal and was disappointed they didn't get to go back to Nameless Black and White Land
>>
File: 1411105084482.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411105084482.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>Could only play gen2 after gen 3
>Nobody spoiled me that this would happen
>mfw it happened
I have never been more excited over a pokemon game than at that moment.
>>
>>26182087
my 11 yo brain exploded
>>
>>26182184
The name kanto is mentioned in gen1 when looking at the town map at Blue's house.
>>
File: kanto.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
kanto.png
2KB, 160x144px
>>26182184
pic
>>
File: fuck outta here.jpg (36KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.jpg
36KB, 480x542px
>>26182249
>the game was ruined because it was longer
>>
>>26182249
>how much the game was ruined by adding kanto?
How so? It was an unintended extra that came about because Iwata did a great job compressing the game's content.
>>
>>26182261
>>26182268

they ruined the pacing, and level curve to fit in kanto. All new pokemon and useful TMs weren't found in Johto and for some reason just appeared in Kanto. Johto itself was relatively small.
>>
>>26182294
>All new pokemon and useful TMs weren't found in Johto
Bullshit. TMs like Blizzard were in Johto, you could get shit like waterstones by talking to a fisherman, and bad ass pokés like Skarmory were also in Johto. Unless you really wanted a Tyranitar early on, this complaint doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>26182294
The nonlinear shit once you get to Ecruteak was what screwed the level curve, and there were only like 4 or 5 johto pokemon there. They shouldn't have been there, though, but it's not like Slugma's gonna be pulling through for you.
>>
>>26182315

but some useful TMs like Giga drain you had to wait until after the elite 4 (an elite 4 that was hilariously low leveled)
>>
Remember being disappointed with Sapphire for this reason. Despite Jotho being a really small region. That and the no cross-game connectivity, and no gen 1-2 pokemon in Hoenn itself.

Took me a while. but I can finally appreciate Hoenn and what it did for the games.
>>
>>26182326
>elite 4 that was hilariously low leveled
Well, you did have to fight them twice at different difficulties.
>>
>>26182320

It's post game that make or break the shitposting. HG/SS disappointingly left all of the original's gameplay flaws intact, but it added tons of post game. ORAS took post game out
>>
>>26182087
Fuck you OP for reminding me that I'll never feel anything as hype as when that happened.
>>
>>26182329
RS was what put me off Pokémon for quite a few years. I didn't like the new design style they went and stuck with in that gen, I couldn't transfer my old bros over, you needed more games in order to fill out your dex than before, and there wasn't much to do after the E4. Honestly though, now that I've gone back and replayed it, it's turned out to be one of my favorite gens in the series.
>>
>>26182351
I also hated how they took out day/night.
>>
>>26182346
Platinum fanboys are the worst cancer on this board I swear.
>>
>>26182329
Hoenn is just full on disappointing for me. Least amount of mons i like in it, permanent day, all that stuff.

Lets not turn this into a genwar thread
>>
>>26182355
Yeah, that made no sense to me either. There's even a clock in the game.
>>
>>26182346

pokeathlon, 16 gym leader rematches, elite 4 rematch, lots of optional areas to explore, red battle, huge safari zone voltorb flip
>>
>>26182362
every gen has its flaws. This isn't about pancakes.
>>
>>26182370
You fags are always shitting up threads with their insecurities, you really just can't handle that no one liked gen 4.
>>
>>26182370
>>26182381
Can you two just fuck already?
>>
>>26182386
More like it dragged HG/SS down. Seriously, those remakes would have been so much better had they not used that godawful gen4 engine.
>>
>>26182294
Youre complaining about level curve, items, and probably variety in a vanilla pokemon game? Don't get me wrong, it's technically shit but by your standards the rest are shit as well. Clearly, nobody shares those views.

>>26182370
Yes, but it didnt amount too much in the context of it's release. You'd play through it and feel like you wasted your money on what DP was supposed to be. But, if you actually were a fan then you had already played DP for countless hours already. Nothing fucking changed. If youre new to the series, however, then Platinum is a great game and you'll feel "comfy".
>>
>>26182087
"What the fuck is Kanto"
>>
>>26182087
>That hype-ass feeling the very first time he told you that.
OH SHIT NIGGER, I CAN GO BACK TO KANTO?!?!?!
>>
>>26182326
>giga drain
>useful
>razor leaf tier attack in a game with such narrow movepools that sunny day solarbeam was an actual thing
>>
>>26183029
Yeah for real I had no fuckin clue what Kanto was when I first got there. Didn't put it together until I got to Vermillion since there are no proper gen I areas until that point. Was there a time before gen II where the region was referred to as Kanto anyway?
>>
>>26183656
>Was there a time before gen II where the region was referred to as Kanto anyway?

See
>>26182230
>>26182235

In terms of English games, "Kanto" is referenced the English version of Super Smash Bros.
>>
>>26183656
casual
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.