[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't they scrap the stale-ass Ashnime and make more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 35914932_p0.jpg (291KB, 1100x879px) Image search: [Google]
35914932_p0.jpg
291KB, 1100x879px
Why won't they scrap the stale-ass Ashnime and make more Pokemon Origins?

Nostalgiafags would eat it up and buy a shit ton of merch, children will watch anything and I doubt anyone's too attached to Ash to care anymore.
>>
>>26180870
If you've been watching the anime recently you'd know they're leading to the end of the Ash era.
>>
>>26180870
Ash wins Kalos League, gets with Serena, then become the region champion of Sun and Moon.
>>
Because we'd end up getting a stale-ass Origins
>>
IIRC Origins did worse than the Ashnime did when they aired at the same time
>>
>>26180918
The protags can accomplish what they set out to do and then be trashed for a new batch of characters and another region. Doesn't sound stale to me.
>>
>>26180870
Origins was cool as a one-time thing, but it kind of misses the point. Pokemon is supposed to be YOUR journey, and watching the protagonist have a set story and having a specific team kind of defeats the purpose.
>>
>>26180870
>Nostalgiafags would eat it up
Only the origin and the gen 2 one.

>>26181807
How does the current anime not miss the point then? Ash has a specific team and a set """story""".
>>
>>26180870
I'd LOVE to have an anime based around the actual protags rather than the incompetent Ash. The animated trailer for BW2 was fucking gorgeous, much cooler than anything the Ashnime has ever made. They could do it like the manga, take the main story of the current games but twist it so it doesn't become a re-telling, as well as returning to previous stories and protags whenever a remake comes out.
>>
I'd rather an anthology series where every episode is just a one-off story set in the Pokemon world.
>>
>>26180878
>implying implications
It's the exact same shit that always happens at the end of a generation. soon Ash will travel to a new region, forget how to battle, and meet the girl protag of SM
>>
>>26182807
you mean chronicles
>>
File: dwdew.jpg (263KB, 1925x1083px) Image search: [Google]
dwdew.jpg
263KB, 1925x1083px
They could do it considering they have already animated a lot of the protags from the games and manga. The problem is the writers probably wrote themselves into a corner by not replacing Ash or letting him win a league
>>
they will never do it because the anime is cheap filler designed to advertise the franchise.

a good, well written, well animated, actual anime would cost too much and take too much effort.
>>
>>26182947
Similar but less sucessful franchises could do it, it's not that hard.

Unless, by "good" you mean "masterpiece".
>>
>>26181785
At least Ashime is true to itself that its stale by using the same thing with same character, this is just the same thing with a different character :))
>>
>>26183250
like what?
the best example i can think of for a game franchise that jumped into anime is Fate/ and it takes years to get new seasons of that.
>>
>>26182807
Isn't that just every filler episode and thus 99% of the anime anyways?
>>
>>26183377
I think he means a completely different character set, scenario, etc.
If it were a beach episode filler, yes that's 99% of anime. Anthology, not so much.
>>
File: 1460829942650.jpg (36KB, 241x403px) Image search: [Google]
1460829942650.jpg
36KB, 241x403px
People always want this, but fail to see this would be even worse than Ashime shitposting and flame wars.

>THE FUCK ETHAN/GOLD QUIT THE LEAQUE CHALLEGE, THAT'SFUCKING BULLSHIT.

>The Sinnoh arc is just fucking awful. Sinnohfags defend this shitshow of a season like they do the games.

>GEN 6 IS GETTING A SEASON, WHEN BLACK AND WHITE 2 WERE SKIPPED--REEEEEE

The Ashime stayed it's welcome and like it or not, the kids love Ashyboy to death.

ThoughIwouldlovetogivewritinaficwherethebestoftheashimespecialandthegamesago--
>>
File: thisniggasrsrn.png (9KB, 85x109px) Image search: [Google]
thisniggasrsrn.png
9KB, 85x109px
>>26183442
I'd rather have all that greentext over the jack shit that happens in the anime right now. I'm guessing you're just the type that's simply happy discussing the waifu of the season
>>
File: 1462367354953.gif (334KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1462367354953.gif
334KB, 192x192px
>>26183725

But it would basically be the same, though. Same whining, same "fag v. fag" wars, same "waifu" threads.

And no, I don't prefer that, I just want to have actual debates and conversation rather a cesspool of unending shit.
>>
>>26183784
>I just want to have actual debates and conversation rather a cesspool of unending shit.

What? You just described why getting rid of the Ashnime is a good idea. It's the same show every season with the same two "debates" of if Ash will fuck the girl or win the league.
>>
>>26183855
we also argue about his dumb as fuck battle strategies and tactics.
>>
>>26180870
The nostalgiafags eating it up would only really apply to a Johto arc. However, this idea is something I've been wanting for fucking ages! Have this anime tell variations of the game's stories and then focusing on a different set of characters once it finishes. Hell, they could even try and make the fans more involved by setting up polls to determine which of the main protagonists will be the hero of the story, or one where people can vote on what pokemon they'll have.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.