[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my friend are arguing about whether HGSS counts as Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Me and my friend are arguing about whether HGSS counts as Gen II or Gen IV and we need your autist's help to settle this
>>
>>26180370
It's gen 4
>>
>>26180370
HGSS are Gen IV remakes of Gen II games.
>>
>>26180370
Gen IV...
>>
It's gen 1.5
>>
Gen 4. What is the last generation of Pokemon that are available in it?
>>
Generations don't exist :/
>>
Gen 4. Do you need help clipping your toenails in the morning, retard?

The fact that it even has Sinnoh mons should make it painfully clear for even the dumbest of morons.
>>
>>26180391
>:/
You should leave this board like, the past week /:
>>
>>26180375
>>26180378
>>26180380
>>26180390
Heres how it went
>Gen IV vs Gen VI for best overall gen
>Gen IV is the best overall gen because HGSS is the best game and Platinum is also good
>HGSS doesnt count because its just GSC with better graphics and DPP is shite
We then started arguing about whether Mega Evolution or the Physical/Special split was more important for the series
I'm the Gen IV fag
>>
Generation 2 recreated and enhanced in generation 4
>>
Gen 5.5
>>
>>26180370
wow, are you even trying?
>>
gen IV obviously

think of it like this if it helps

if someone gave birth to an exact clone of a person born 100 years ago even though they would essentially be the exact same person physically and mentally they would still belong to entirely different generations

generations are distinguished by time
they don't have anything to do with any similarities that might exist between two things
>>
>>26180370
>Could check Serebii
>Could check Bulbapedia
>Could look it up literally fucking anywhere
>Asks 4chan
>>
>>26180370
"Generation" mostly refers to the Pokémon themselves, fourth gen Pokémon are available in HGSS so it counts as Gen IV.
>>
>>26180437
Well maybe don't argue about which Gen is the best and instead use the Region.

Generally when /vp/ are arguing about "gens" they only mean non-remake games, it would be stupid to attribute HGSS being good to Gen 4 because it's foundation is in Gen 2.
>>
>>26180370

It's a Gen 4 remake of a Gen 2 game.

So it's Gen 4.
>>
I like the gen II games, but they aren't very good from an objective perspective. Gen IV made the games much, much better due to the mechanics, such as the physical/special split and a very big influx of new moves which made pokemon like Sneasel much more viable.

Mega evolution hasn't really done much at all. Your friend is retarded
>>
>>26180590

>I like the gen II games, but they aren't very good from an objective perspective

gen 2 was pretty much the biggest leap in content and quality the pokemon series has EVER made
>>
>>26180627
>what is gen 2 to gen 3
>>
>>26180673

not even close?

gen 3 to gen 4 was the next biggest leap

2 to 3, 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 are all the lesser gaps
>>
>>26180437
Remakes don't count when talking about which gen is better. Normally you use the games born in each generation respectively because what you want to measure is things brought to the table.

For example >>26180627
This is why Gen 2 is so respected. HGSS is just Gen 2 updated.

So while you're correct in saying HGSS are the best games. This doesn't mean gen IV is the best generation because it's technically borrowing content from a past gen, which means it's not only gen IV anymore.
>>
>>26180520

Fucking this.

Why?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.