[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GEN 6.5 IMBECILES BTFO, NOW AND FOREVER >The seventh gene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 26

File: BTFO.png (66KB, 814x264px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
66KB, 814x264px
GEN 6.5 IMBECILES BTFO, NOW AND FOREVER
>The seventh generation of Pokémon games, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
http://images2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/license-global/pdf/2016-05-top150.pdf (pg.16)
>>
>>26176525
>Yet another unofficial source calling it gen 7
Try again.
>>
Literally arguing semantics
>>
>>26176525
Literally who?
>>
>>26176525
>using unofficial sources
Pathetic.
>>
File: whogivesafuck.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
whogivesafuck.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
>>26176525
>>
Call it whatever the fuck gen you want. Fact of the matter is
A. It will be able to battle and trade with XY/ORAS
B. If you consider this 7th gen, they will be the only games in 7th gen because of how the pentagon system works
C. You won't be able to tell it's a different gen from gen 6 unless you're told otherwise.
D. Zygarde will be story relevant just like in BW2.
>>
>>26176551
I don't think you know what the word semantics means, or how it doesn't fit the argument of Gen 7 vs. Gen 6.5.
>>
>>26176599
>assumption
>assumption
>assumption
>assumption
OK, cool "facts".
>>
>>26176622
You are the worst.
>>
>>26176622
They're not assumptions. They're educated conclusions based on the evidence we have. Sorry tripfag
>>
>>26176644
>making assumption and thinking these are real
>evidence

And why the hell, do people think it will be battle and tradeable? Didn´t they said, the only connection to Gen 6 and Sun Moon is through Pokebank?!
>>
>>26176644
Honest to god question, but where did the "you can trade with XYORAS" come from? ._.;;

Having asked that, does it really matter whether it's Gen7 or Gen 6.5?
We don't know whether it's Gen7 or Gen 6.5, so calling it anything at this point is equally valid, right? It's not like Nintendo\GF is saying anything about it, so for now, I think either name goes.
>>
6.5 rounds up to 7 anyways
>>
>>26176644
>Evidence
Yeah, must be amazing evidence, we literally only know the names of the games.
>>
>>26176608
Explain to me why you think I'm wrong?
>>
>>26176736
Nope. XY and ORAS also have relevant info.
>>
STOP REPLYING TO 6.5/6 FAGS AND ZYKEKS.

Giving them (you) is exactly why they still post. Ignore them and move on. If they make a thread just sage it, hide the thread, and go shitpost elsewhere.

>>26176688
>Honest to god question, but where did the "you can trade with XYORAS" come from?
It didn't come from anywhere. This is just a line idiots use to claim it's still gen 6. There has been, literally, Z E R O information on compatibility for SM.

Even if it is compatible, new pokemon mean new generation. 6fags can deny it all they want but it is the absolute, objective, truth.
>>
>>26176762
Like what? And no, your speculation about anything isn't evidence.
>>
>>26176688
>>26176846
Quote from Pokemon bank page
>Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.
>directly
>DIRECTLY
>D I R E C T L Y

So, what's more probable?
Trading down the gen, or real compatibility?
>>
>>26176545
A magazine written by TCPi unofficial.

My sides are in orbit.
>>
>>26176933
>magazine written by TPCi
wat
>>
>>26176928
>A S S U M P T I O N

If SM are part of the precious pentagon why wouldn't VC RBY pokemon be able to be moved D I R E C T L Y into XYORAS?

If anything, the Bank page actually heavily implies that XYORAS and SM are NOT compatible in any way other than pokemon bank.
>>
>>26176967
>If SM are part of the precious pentagon why wouldn't VC RBY pokemon be able to be moved D I R E C T L Y into XYORAS?
Shiny shekels.

>If anything, the Bank page actually heavily implies that XYORAS and SM are NOT compatible in any way other than pokemon bank
That would mean downtrading. Something never applied since GSC despite GF having at least three chances to perform it.
Of course, it may happen, but chances are lower than regular trade compatibility.
>>
>>26177019
>chances are lower

Wrong. You only think they're lower because it doesn't adhere to your point of view.

If you truly, honestly believe these games are still gen 6 or worse 6.5 then I sincerely hope you never reproduce because your genes are beyond tainted and someone that dumb should never have kids. Ever.
>>
>>26177050
>two games can trade with each other
>there are three ways known to do it
>first is utilized every damned time
>second was used once over decade ago
>third never worked between different generations
>hurrdurr former is least probable hurr durr u wrong

Out of decent arguments, right?
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 736x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 736x280px
>>
Jesus fucking Christ you guys are all idiots
>>
>>26176599
>still not understanding how the pentagon system works
>>
>>26176545
>>26176559
>>26176622
HAHAHAHA

GET FUCKED 6.5 BABIES.
>>
>>26177123
Careful. They'll somehow call that unofficial too.
>>
>>26177123
It would help if you provided a link then they won't be able to call it fake or a shoop.
>>
>>26177756
Clearly you don't.
>>
>>26177123
Source?
>>
I already know it's the seventh gen. What I wanna know is, what's planned next? Are they moving on from the 3DS? If that's the case, will SM be the only seventh gen games? Will the seventh gen continue on the next handheld? But usually, the new handheld starts off a new gen.
>>
>>26177931
Nope sorry, you're just plain wrong.

The pentagon doesn't determine generations, nor whether Pokemon can be traded between games.

All it does is determine that the Pokemon originated in a certain set of games, current XY/ORAS. SM could use the pentagon, then the next games (let's say SM2) could use something else that detects SM as the Pokemon's origin.
>>
>>26176599
That's to say IF it works that way. We don't know yet.
>>
File: zygaREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (173KB, 736x485px) Image search: [Google]
zygaREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
173KB, 736x485px
"6.5" here
"6.5" there
"6.5" EVERY FUCKING THERE
"6.5" WHEN IT WOULD OBVIOUSLY JUST BE GEN 6
>>
>>26176644
>Call it whatever the fuck gen you want. Fact of the matter is it will be able to battle and trade with XY/ORAS

LOL "fact of the matter..." okay.

>educated conclusions based on the evidence

we literally know nothing about the games.

Try harder.
>>
File: 1456709638557.jpg (33KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1456709638557.jpg
33KB, 292x257px
>>26177123
Well that's it. Gen 6.5 fags can STFU
>>
>>26177982
http://pokemon.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1942
However, it's a press site. I don't think Hoenn is a "new world", either.
The terms could mean anything at this point, we've been blown out before.
>>
File: smugodot.png (10KB, 364x240px) Image search: [Google]
smugodot.png
10KB, 364x240px
>>26176525
Where does it say it is written by TPCi? It's weird that there's no mention of it anywhere, not even any pictures of the logos.
>>
>>26178267
Official press site tho
>>
>>26178559
Latter part.
If it explicitly said seventh generation, there would be no room for doubt.
>>
>>26178616
Official site.
Official.
Says gen 7.
Officially, it's gen7.
>>
>>26178650
No, it does not.
>>
>>26178667
Yes it does you fucking moron. Sun and Moon is generation 7. If anybody disagrees, they're either trolling or they're just a bunch of whiney FAGGOTS because ORAS was too difficult a game for them so they have to pray S&M is a continuation just to give them closure.

Everybody who doubts this is gen 7 is a goddamn retard. I don't care if you consider yourself an "oldfag" or not.
>>
>>26178667
>newest generation of core game series
>sun and moon
>official tcpi site

Tell me, oh wise one, what else are they referring to?
>>
>>26178762
It does not specify in any way the number of the term it speaks of. "Next" isn't a number.
>>26178772
Press site. I hope you don't view the Scandinavian sites as official, either.
>>
>>26176644
>>26176688

Well dubsfags, you're both dumb. Pokemon Bank is the solution to all trading/migrating/transferring issues, so no matter what SM are compatible with doesn't change much.
>>
>>26178832
Correct. Now, we just see about that battle compatibility.
>>
>>26178789
What is the "next" number after 6 then?
Seriously, tell me.

Masuda and Iwata both called XY the start of the sixth generation. So, what's "next?"
>>
>>26178852
Stop shifting goal posts.

The fact that Bank breaks the trade compatibility negates the compatibility argument as a whole.
>>
>>26178789
Somebody never learned how to fucking count in school, apparently. Go kill yourself, you worthless faggot. You literally sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>26178855
The point is, the number may not change at all.
>>
File: dragon-age-cover.png (434KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-age-cover.png
434KB, 650x365px
>>26176525
oh it's this thread again
>>
>>26178855
>>26178267
If the UK presses do get information of this degree from higher up, there are still marketing terms that are being used. Look through the article and even the official sites. Dating even back to 2 years ago, we've gotten the same level of terms thrown at us.
>>26178882
Then G/S/C is a contradiction itself. It is not a generation; gen 2 doesn't exist.
It is not shifting goal posts. The fact still stands that only the generation of X number can only battle with other games of X number and not Y or Z number. You cannot disprove that and it is not something that's bound to change, pretty much ever.
>>26178888
On it, checkers.
>>
>>26178946
>there are still marketing terms that are being used
AGAIN. If Masuda and Iwata have used the term Generation, it is not a fan term or marketing term.

>>26178946
>It is not a generation; gen 2 doesn't exist
Wrong again.

GSC had new pokemon.
New pokemon = new generation.
>>
>>26178946
You're a fucking moron if you actually believe generation 2 isn't a generation. You honestly don't belong on this board. Just go kill yourself because you obviously do not know SHIT about pokemon or how the games work. You MUST be 14.
>>
>>26179016
You do realize you're taking the bait real hard, right?
By talking to that Anon like that you only further entice him to continue shitposting.

No one can be THAT dumb.

Regardless, your insults are exactly the (you) he wants. Present facts and then walk away.
>>
>>26178978
>If Masuda and Iwata have used the term Generation, it is not a fan term or marketing term.
If Masuda has used the term generation before, why haven't we heard it directly from him?
Remember that there is no rule that says "there can only be one right answer" here. While the term "generation" is conclusive, it can still be taken differently. Even if the context is different and you say it means the same, it can be taken with less direct meaning of the word.
I think I'm trying to find the word "era" here. It is synonymous with "generation", but is not as conclusive in its meaning. Word usage should tell you a lot, I'm not going to ramble for this point any longer.

>GSC had new pokemon.
>New pokemon = new generation.
If we are arguing about compatibility and battle mechanics, I would like to introduce you to OR/AS; the games that destroys all patterns when it comes to introductions of anything new. You know what I'm talking about, so I will let you vent it all out before we go on.

>>26179016
I am only using the logic he provided, I'm not stating such myself. Hence the "then". It's called reflecting, it's something people do all the time with others and themselves. Sorry to confuse you there, buddy.

>>26179035
I don't have a reply count collection, I don't see the point of that. I see a point in having a discussion, however. As I said, it lets you reflect on things.
>>
>>26179087
>If Masuda has used the term generation before, why haven't we heard it directly from him?
I would like to refer you to Masuda's blog.
Literally, right from the horse's mouth.

Read the post. He uses the term and refers to XY as a generation.
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?m=201301

>Iwata
Here you go. I even timestamped the link for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw&feature=youtu.be&t=8m45s

>I'm not going to ramble for this point any longer.
Good because you are disproving yourself with every word you write. Era and Generation are synonymous. If if that wasn't the case see my above links. TCPi, GF, and Nintendo all use the term and continue to use it. So, the TCPi OFFICIAL press site calling SM the "next" generation means Generation 7.
>>
>>26179143
>Read the post. He uses the term and refers to XY as a generation.
More aptly, he calls them 6th Generation
>>
>>26179143
You have already provided this argument, I've provided my reply in the previous post. Perhaps you should read it once more.
>>
>>26179156
>Perhaps you should read it once more.
No because you're been invalidated.

Very simply:

Masuda and Iwata call XY the 6th generation.

OFFICIAL, again, OFFICIAL pokemon company site says Sun and Moon are the "next generation" of core series.

This means Sun and Moon are the first set of games of the 7th Generation of Pokemon.

You cannot construe it any other way at this point. There are no grey areas, or valid arguments when official sources say something.

Disagreeing is like saying Darth Vader isn't actually Luke Skywalker's father because Anakin and Vader are not the same person. When it comes right from the source, it's official.
>>
>>26179208
Read my post again. You seem to not provide any evidence against my argument.
Simply put: Masusa and Iwata don't matter as much as you'd believe. The question is what exactly is being said. This is no repeat of what has been stated last time, it is only a partial match. Again, I would advice you to read my post again.
>>
>>26179261
>Masusa and Iwata don't matter as much as you'd believe

OK. You're trolling at this point.
If you truly believe that, you truly are delusion or stupid. If you don't think Masuda and what he says matters... wow.
>>
OMG please tell me no one is STILL arguing for Gen 6.5, It's bad enough with Owlfags, we don't need both retard groups killing /vp/
>>
>>26179293
You're getting the wrong viewpoint, as everyone is with "generation". You see where I'm coming from?
What I meant is that they don't matter to this argument as much as you push them.
Again, my post provides you with this, but I'll write it again.
If Masuda has used the term generation before, and thanks to >>26179155 we know that he said "6th Generation", why haven't we heard it repeated as "7th Generation" directly from him?
>>
>>26179353
>directly from him?
You need to stop.

Masuda, GameFreak, Nintendo, and TCPi. Any of those sources are official.

TCPi official sites and Nintendo official sites have used "next generation" and "7th generation" in explicit detail when regarding Sun and Moon.

I hesitate to ask this question but what more do you need? Honestly.
>>
>>26179385
I need you to supply information about what information gets passed down to the UK presses, if at all. That also goes for OP, as there is no correlation between it and TPCi.
>>
>>26179421
An official Nintendo or Pokemon site would have already amended, taken down, or redacted a term like "7th Generation" or "next generation" if it was not inline with what GF, TCPi, or Nintendo wanted.

The fact that the site OP listed, pokemon.de, and pokemon.dk all still use "7th generation"/"next generation" is your proof.

Stop grasping at straws.
>>
>>26179564
You mean nintendo.dk and the other Scandinavian sites. They are run by Bergsala which is only a Swedish redistributor. You can barely even call them official, even with the broad-stroked definition you are using.
>>
>>26179597
DK and whatever the german domain is because it also lists Sun and Moon as "generation 7" on the SM announcement page.

However, by your logic, pokemon.jp or pokemon.com aren't valid either.

Both of those get their info from their respective Nintendo affiliate, GameFreak, or TCPi. The sites would not be in operation otherwise and posting official materials otherwise.

This is how major sites and companies work.
>>
>>26179639
The Japanese sites are being controlled directly, we know this.
Bergsala, however, is as low you can go. They are the reason we didn't get, mindblowingly enough, anything Official Club Nintendo stuff. We had to rely on the UK site for digital-only rewards.
If that is the sort of official you want to trust, then please do so.
>>
>>26179701
>If that is the sort of official you want to trust, then please do so.
It is and I do.
It is an official pokemon domain under the Nintendo of Europe, TCPi, and Gamefreak umbrella.

Also, you should stop mentioning UK in your argument. NoE's main HQ is based in Großostheim in Germany. That office controls aspects of marketing and site maintenance. UK, technically, gets their info from them. So, if the German pokemon domain lists Sun and Moon as Gen 7, which it does, it's not nearly as bottom of the barrel as you make it out to be.
>>
>>26179756
However, the German domains don't list Sun and Moon as "the seventh generation", unlike the Scandinavian websites. You want to know why?They are not operated by Bergsala. Look at the layout.
You seem to have arrived in the middle of when people were talking about these sites, but they were ridden off as unreliable. Official magazines released here has stated numerous incorrect things, one of which is Ash's age being 14, if I remember correctly from what was being said in another thread.
If you'd like to, please provide me with a link to where you claim the German site states "seventh generation".
>>
File: 1462466471824.png (329KB, 1011x886px) Image search: [Google]
1462466471824.png
329KB, 1011x886px
>>26179816
right from the German site.
>>
>>26179756
>>26179816
Germany isn't part of Scandinavia, by the way.
I also found the sites, which aren't even directly German but rather the surrounding region, but it does not state "seventh" anywhere.
http://www.nintendo.ch/de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Pokemon-Sonne-1092368.html
http://www.nintendo.ch/de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Pokemon-Mond-1092369.html
>>26179843
You got me, "next". What did I tell you to find? "Seventh".
>>
File: hang.jpg (796KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
hang.jpg
796KB, 608x1070px
>>26179849
>What did I tell you to find? "Seventh".
We have already been down this path, pal.

"Next generation" on any official site after official sources called XY Generation 6 means SM are Generation 7.

Or, do we need to go back to our counting lessons like we talked about earlier?

I am done arguing semantics with you. If you have something of substance to bring up, by all means. Otherwise, see pic related.
>>
>>26179866
See >>26179087
>>
>>26178852
>battle compatibility

lol you know that GF could just release a generation-agnostic app that can battle between gens right? Like a Bank for battling.
>>
>Generation is a fan term!
>here is specific evidence of official sources using the term
>t-that doesn't count! Generation is just a marketing term!
Every time.
>>
File: 1539-1.jpg (1MB, 1536x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1539-1.jpg
1MB, 1536x1370px
>>26179888
Generation being a fan or marketing term was BTFO long ago with pic related but the naysers still gonna nay.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Masuda, GF, and TCPi could call SM Gen 7 and the Zycucks, 6/6.5 fags would still argue it and shift their goalposts. Then again, those sources have all said it and the fags did do that, in this very thread even.
>>
File: catfish.gif (2MB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
catfish.gif
2MB, 273x273px
>>26179874
That would be amusing, because of the fact that people say "banning ~70 new Pokémon would be stupid much work instead of just having a new generation" and somehow you come up with this idea which requires thousands of times more work.
Banning mons from battling with X/Y takes no effort, but making a generation-agnostic app that functions as a cross-link between generations would take a ton of time to develop.
>>26179888
>>26179909
See >>26179087
>>
File: wewlad.png (202KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
202KB, 500x364px
>>26179915
You can stop linking to >>26179087

We get it. You (and a possible other Anon if that isnt also you) are fucking retarded.

>>26179909

>the naysers still gonna nay.
>Then again, those sources have all said it and the fags did do that, in this very thread even.

ONE REPLY LATER...

>>26179915
And this faggot wants to contradict actual box art from a published game using the term.
>>
>>26179955
No, I don't. If you read the post throughout, multiple times, maybe you could understand what I was getting at. It must suck having two dimensional viewpoints, because you cannot look at even a single word from a different angle.
>>
>>26179972
No, you're just fucking wrong.
Jesus tittyfucking Christ.
>>
>>26179909
I'll bet you even if SM has new pokemon, new starters, new legends, new region, and only connection with XYORAS is via the bank, they'll try and argue that the bank is enough to make SM 6.5, or come up with some other bullshit
>>
>>26179994
Nah.
>>
>>26176525
Nobody should be glad about this. If they were willing to put out such little content for gen 6, what makes you think gen 7 will be any good?

You're so caught up in wanting to BTFO somebody, that you're ignoring the big picture.

FTR, I'm in the gen 7 boat as well, however, I beleive gen 7 is set to be the worst by a country mile
>>
>>26179996
That's what they're already doing.

I truly believe 6/6.5 fags are shitposting and they don't believe it. They just want to, as the old meme says, rustle some jimmies.

>>26180000
k

>>26180005
>I beleive gen 7 is set to be the worst by a country mile
that was Gen 6. Thank fuck it's over.
>>
>>26180005
So you would gladly be proven wrong? That's a first. Same here, by the way. It's not like I want gen 7 and be done with gen 6, just now is not the time.
>>
If SM *were* Gen 6, that would fuck up the releases of future gens. By the time SM come out on 3DS, it'll be 6 years old in Japan. If a generation takes about 3 more years to make on new hardware we wouldn't get Gen 8 until like 2019 or something. I doubt Nintendo wants that.
>>
>>26180015
I agree its probably just shitposting
I'll go even further and say they are the same people who owlfag, just switching between the two when one act bores them.
>>
>>26180034
>Gen 8 until like 2019

I meant Gen 7.
>>
>>26180043
Nah, I despise that owl, the blob and the piece of cobble.
>>26180034
The NX is set to release in 2017, anon. If the NX is even part handheld, that is. Sun and Moon are set for holidays later this year. It would not fuck with the releases of future generations.
If NX is part handheld like speculated, then generation 7 is set up for release about a year or so after the console has released. I see nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>26180043
I would be all for an Owl starter.
I just don't think THE owl being posted is going to be it. But, that is a digression.

I agree about the two camps shitposting. More so, I bet some 6/6.5 fags are just being contrarian for the sake of being a cunt.
>>
>>26180034
That doesn't make any sense. If SM is gen 7 the same exact problem occurs. Worse, even.
>>
>>26180070
So there would only be like a year and a half between SM and Gen 7? Doubtful.
>>
>>26180082
Ever since HG/SS, we've been getting annual releases, anon. We even got OR/AS the year after X/Y.
>>26180078
Exactly. Gen 7 would be bound to the 3DS.
>>
>>26180123
Oh come on, those a remakes.
>>
it doesn't fucking mater what gen it is.

if it runs and looks like gen 6 it'll be FUCKING SHIT

MIITOMO looks better on a fucking IPHONE 4 than the new 3ds xl.

fuck gamefreak and fuck nintendo
>>
>>26180133
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_video_games#Main_series_titles
>>26180135
>if it runs and looks like gen 6 it'll be FUCKING SHIT
Zygarde takes care of your story worries and A9LH takes care of your N3DS performance, if Game Freak still hasn't learned how to N3DS clock speeds. It's literally just a one byte change.
>>
>>26180123
>Exactly. Gen 7 would be bound to the 3DS.
But you're saying that's a problem if it's gen 6. How about you start over and try to make a coherent argument?
>>
>>26180227
I'm not >>26180034
>>
>>26180015
>Actually thinking gen 7 will be better
Give me this blind optimism you have

>>26180017
Yes. I, a gen 7 fag actually WANT to be wrong for the same reason as you. It's just too early. If GF is willing to call a glorified tech demo and only 70 some mons a generation, what possible hope can there be for gen 7? The fact that the megas are supposed to count as new pokemon intensifies the bullshit

Quote me on this famalams, gen 7 will be even more rushed than gen 6 was. You're going to WISH Z got made
>>
>>26180034
yeah, remember when ruby and sapphire came out three years after the GBA? oh wait
>>
All things considered, SM heavily ought to be sequels.
Whether they will be sequels GSC style or BW2 style is not yet known, but they will be sequels.

Too much things point that way.
>>
COCKHEAD 6.5 FAGS GET SHIT ON
U
C
K
>>
>>26182247
Literally no information about these games other than the names and that new Pokemon are coming.

Fuck off with your assumptions. tgere is nothing that points to sequels you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>26176599
I'm going to need a source for A, B, C and D anon.
>>
Guys. Look. It's Gen 7, but Gen 6.5fags will always, and I mean always find a way to call in Gen 6.5. They can have a Nintendo Direct with Masuda coming up and telling everyone its Gen 7, but they will always twist the words and find ways to make it fit their belief. Gen 6.5fags were BTFO on day one, but they will continue to push this meme.
>>
Nothing is confirmed until we see some gameplay trailers.
>>
>>26182668
>6.5
But that's stupid, call it 6. No less, no more.
will always, and I mean always find a way to call in Gen 6.5
Yes, they will because "6.5" is a label of a gen 6 with their own definitions of what would make a generation be .5 or whatever. It's a twisted way of thinking and it's bad.
However, "6fags" don't see anything other than battle mechanics and battle compatibility for the most part. Nothing will change our arguments, not your petty attempts at throwing away it with "new mons = new gen" when it's obviously the other way around and we're also talking about the compatibility aspects of gen 6 which was more or less defined by OR/AS. Forms and megas are more or less the same thing as new mons when it comes to compatibility; they all break it. Same goes for moves and abilities, new ones were introduced in OR/AS.
>Gen 6.5fags were BTFO on day one
See >>26182692
>but they will continue to push this meme.
Let me ask you this question:
WHO IS OP AND WHAT AGENDA DOES HE HAVE?
Only gen7fags, falseflaggers and absolute morons create threads implying anything to do with S/M being gen 6. The argument is dead, for now.
>>
>>26182730
>im right and youre wrong even though i have no concrete proof!
>>
>>26182741
What's the proof you're seeking?
>>
Christ. We already know there are new pokemon and new pokemon has always been the only indicator needed for a new gen.

You Gen 6 idiots can goalpost all you want it wont change how wrong you are.
>>
>>26182476
>Southern Kalos mentioned, but not shown at all
>Volcanion lore
>Zygarde getting three new formes because fuck you all.
>SM theme fits into yin yang symbolism that's obvious as fuck in gen 6 games
>something that looks like special snowlfake megas concept for gen6 starters appearing fucking everywhere

Well, of course that might all be wrong and irrelevant, but if it truly is, I am gonna call them uNintendo for rest of my life.

>>26182810
Kyurem, Rayylmao with buddies and ORAS megas send their regards.
>>
>>26182810
Indication, but it's a pattern that can easily be broken. Battle mechanics and battle compatibility are set to one generation.
You cannot disprove facts, here.
>>
>>26182829
>>26182830
G O A L P O S T I N G

This is why no one takes you fucking mongloids seriously.

Your mechanics are just an "indication, but it's a pattern that can easily be broken." New pokemon with a new national dex number and entry are the indicator of a new generation. You cannot disprove facts.

>>26182829
Kuryem was in the game data already. Kuryem W or B were form changes and not new pokemon.

Same for Fug.

Just because something wasn't obtainable without hacking doesn't mean it didn't exist.

So, WRONG again 6 fags,.
>>
>>26176718

That's the only fact I've seen from here today.
>>
>>26182852
No, it's not goalposting because it's literally defined by the games and generations themselves.
>Your mechanics are just an "indication, but it's a pattern that can easily be broken."
They're not an indication, they are set in stone as definitions. They cannot be broken, or else we have an entire new generation.
>New pokemon with a new national dex number and entry are the indicator of a new generation.
Do I need to repeat myself? Sure it's a fact that they're indicators, but nothing more. When we're speaking about the games themselves, and especially in 6th gen, new mons don't mean shit to the generation.
>Kuryem W or B were form changes and not new pokemon. Same for Fug.
Right, however, we've discussed before how OR/AS tells us that new forms, megas, abilites, ect. are on the same level of breaking compatibility as entirely new species. This goes hand-in-hand with everything I've said. There's a fluke in it that I won't go over, but I have the arguments to back it up.
>>
>>26182852
Kyurems, Mega Rayylmao and others are entities programmed into games with their distinctive models, stats, names, moves and abilities, some of which never existed in pervious games. Literally one thing that bars them from being new pokemon is not having dex entry. If GF decided to cross so many qualities that usually defined gap between generations, what forbids them from breaking another one?
>>
>>26182919
And more to the point; what's stopping them from introducing new mons when they can just pull an OR/AS with its bans?
>>
What the fuck is the pentagon system

Are you talking pentagon on that starts page that shows Gen VI origin? How is that related to S&M
>>
>>26182958
It could be, it could not be. The fact is that they've planned for two more games to use it, Sun and Moon just so happen to be two games.
>>
>>26182919
>what forbids them from breaking another one?
Because, again, none of those examples are N E W pokemon. Forme changes are introduced mid gen all the time. See: Giritina, Shaymin, Spike Eared Pichu, Rotom formes, etc.

New pokemon = New Generation.
>>
>>26183024
You should invest some time in reading skills.
They're kinda useful.
>>
>>26183024
You seem to have missed the point entirely.
We're not talking about some arbitrary number associated with species, we're talking about the games themselves.
>forms are introduced mid-gen
Yes, this is true. However, the 6th generation breaks that.
>>
>>26183003
>who cares about official word from nintendo, compatibility issues, new pokemon, new games, new region, new starters, new legendairy pokemon and all that
>SOME HIDDEN PENTAGON VALUE IS WHAT REALLY DECIDES GENERATIONS
wew lad, every time i hear this argument it gets more hilarious.
>>
>>26183046
The only point being missed here is that you and the other Anon are fucking wrong.

Here's the gen 6 argument:
>Graphics
Nope. Yellow had distinct graphics and color. Something RB(G) did not.
>Mechanics
Let's look at Yellow again. Following pokemon. New mechanic in the same gen.
>compatibility
GSC could still function with RBY but in a limited way.

Bank now makes any and all compatibility a moot point since you can store something in Bank and then place it into a new game. Which, in turn, makes your pentagon N O T H I N G.

>New Pokemon
The only unbroken rule for a new generation.

Also
>Yes, this is true. However, the 6th generation breaks that.

What the fuck are on about?
Gen VI introduced new formes mid gen with ORAS by giving Megas to pokemon.
>>
>>26183077
>The only point being missed here is that you and the other Anon are fucking wrong.
>
>Here's the gen 6 argument:

>Nope. Yellow had distinct graphics and color. Something RB(G) did not.
Then GS is gen 3 and C is gen4
>Let's look at Yellow again. Following pokemon. New mechanic in the same gen.
Aand now HGSS is gen7

>GSC could still function with RBY but in a limited way.
No battling. Therefore you rip half of the game basis just because. Therefore they are not compatible

>Bank now makes any and all compatibility a moot point since you can store something in Bank and then place it into a new game. Which, in turn, makes your pentagon N O T H I N G.
Bank never allowed pokemon to be traded from higher gen to lower gen. Which makes following paragraph sound extremely strange

>Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.
>directly

>>New Pokemon
>The only unbroken rule for a new generation.
For all purposes of game programming, Megas are new entities on the same rights as normal pokemon, so validity of this is arguable.

>Gen VI introduced new formes mid gen with ORAS by giving Megas to pokemon.
Also it introduced new abilities and new moves, what pretty much never happened before.
>>
Its gen 8 guys
>>
>>26183132
I'm just going to choose the most retarded things you said to respond to.

>HGSS
uses an old mechanic that was reintroduced.

>battling
Nope. Trading still makes it compatible.

>directly
Please also note where it says anything about moving pokémon from SM into XYORAS. Point to that part please. I'll wait.

>programming
This is goal posting and already debunked. New formes are not new Pokemon. A new Pokemon gets its own national dex number.

>pretty much never happened before
All part of mechanics which was covered in the previous post.
>>
>>26176551
>le "arguing semantics" card
That means you lost the argument.
>>
>>26183070
I didn't say that, I was only answering your question.
>>26183077
>graphics
This point is moot, it's only a pattern and a weak one at that.
>mechanics
Battle mechanics, you dunce. They are the core to what is the main mechanic of the series; battling, which is for two games to interact in real time.
>compatibility
Gen 2 couldn't battle with gen 1.

Bank? Only trading is a thing, it doesn't let you battle with gens higher or lower. The transporter/bank is basically a convertor for mons from 5th gen and mons transferred to 5th gen.

The only unholy rule for a new generation? That would be battle mechanics and battle compatibility, friend.

What am I on about? Compatibility of the 6th generation. Unlike previous generations, OR/AS break compatibility because something new was introduced. It doesn't matter what was introduced or what in what class it was, those things disrupted the battle compatibility and had to be banned from battling with X/Y.
>>
>>26183210
>Battle mechanics
Oh, so you're gonna goalpost again?
Cool.

A mechanic is a mechanic. Just like trading AND battling are compatibility.

Disproving one, disproves both.
>>
>>26183180
>uses an old mechanic that was reintroduced.
cosmetic add-on among cosmetic add-ons which could be used to separate every entry in franchise from each other

>Nope. Trading still makes it compatible.
Pokemon are about battling AND trading. Not OR trading. And that would make some spin-offs parts of main series.

>Please also note where it says anything about moving pokémon from SM into XYORAS. Point to that part please. I'll wait.

>You can't RBY-->XYORAS
>You can only RBY-->SM
>Yet somehow RBY-->?-->XYORAS seems to be possible
Geez, I wonder what it means.

>This is goal posting and already debunked. New formes are not new Pokemon. A new Pokemon gets its own national dex number.
New forme differs from new pokemon by only lack of dex entry. Everything else is coded in the same manner.
Also Gen 1 has 190 pokemon now, since dex entries make pokemon.

>All part of mechanics which was covered in the previous post
All part of mechanics proves GF is not bound by 'generation' definition.
>>
>>26183234
Battling isn't trading, anon.
Gen 1 can only battle with gen 1.
Gen 2 can only battle with gen 2.
Gen 3 can only battle with gen 3.
Gen 4 can only battle with gen 4.
Gen 5 can only battle with gen 5.
Gen 6 can only battle with gen 6.
Whats not to get about this?
It's not moving any goalpost, it's simply stating the facts.
>>
>>26183003
>they've planned for two more games to use it

Says who tho
>>
>>26183266
but battling and trading are both compatibility.
So neither matters AT ALL.

What is so hard about that?

I have better things to do than argue with you all day.

I'm not going to try to even get you to see my point. You can believe what you want to believe, even if it's objectively incorrect.

4 more days of shitty gen6 shitposting. 4 more days.
>>
>>26182829
Gen 6 is Gen 5.5 because we will see the Ultimate Dragon! Oh wait...
>>
>>26183277
I'm not saying complete compatibility defines generations, because the OR/AS would be gen 7. Battle compatibility is what matters.
>>
>>26183277
Do you understand logic?
You know, mathematics version of logic?

If you don't I'll flesh part of it out for you.

Logic operator AND
Input #1| Input 2#|| Output
0|0||0
1|0||0
0|1||0
1|1||1

>>26183284
Anime says hi.
>>
>>26176599
>meaningless assumptions you choose to believe no matter how illogical just to fit your delusions
Just when you thought 6.5ers couldn't get any sadder/more desperate/pathetic.
>>
>>26176688
Everybody knew it was Gen VII the minute new Pokémon were confirmed, only autists were deluded otherwise.
>>
Yo, genuine question for you 6fags.

Why?

Are you Zygarde fans that feel cucked?
Are you literally and profoundly mentally retarded?

How can you base your opinion on nothing but assumptions when the other side uses actual facts, official sources, and sound logic?
>>
>>26176644
We literally only know their names, retard.
>>
>>26183302
>Anime
Crystal Onix when?
>>
>>26183132
>For all purposes of game programming, Megas are new entities on the same rights as normal pokemon
So are all formes, but Platinum is not gen 5.
>>
>>26182958
>>26183324
This can't be

>>26183323
Better an autist than a retard ', :^3c
>>
>>26183335
Exactly?
>>
>>26183323
This is wrong.
>>
>>26183334
What is shiny potd from ages of fillerfest?

>>26183335
How does this debunk possibility of Sm belonging to gen 6?
>>
>>26183340
Too bad 6.5ers are both. You have no evidence, logic isn't on your side. You only have feels.
Enjoy your disappointment.
>>
>>26183356
I'm not a 6.5fag, I'm a 6fag.
>>
>>26183346
That is why ORAS are still gen 6. S/M will have new Pokemon - gen 7. Simple as that.
>>
>>26183372
refer back to
>>For all purposes of game programming, Megas are new entities on the same rights as normal pokemon
>>
>>26183365
>new Pokemon
>same generation
And you call others retarded. Wow.
>>
>>26183372
Compatibility of the 6th generation stops you there. Sorry.
>>26183382
4 days, huh?
>>
>>26183381
Nope. They're forms, and a pattern hadn't been established for Megas yet, so they didn't break any.
It's only a new Pokemon if it has a different Pokédex number.
>>
>>26183382
>new abilities
>same generation
>new Megas
>same generation

>>26183396
>when patterns contradict narrative
>you can't of patterns
>when patterns work with narrative
>muh patterns.
>>
>>26183408
>>new abilities
>>same generation
>>new Megas
>>same generation

>still not new Pokemon, senpai
>>
>>26183394
Yeah, a few optional new forms patterns hadn't been established for, an entire batch of new Pokemon, same thing, right?
>>
>>26183350
Because 6fags argument is
>Megas are new Pokemon
>therefore new Pokemon =/= new generation
But the programming doesn't determine what is a new Pokemon.
>>
>>26183408
Literally the only relevant pattern for a new generation has always been new Pokémon. That's the only one GF goes by, even for marketing reasons.
>>
>>26183324
>when the other side uses actual facts, official sources, and sound logic?

But they don't.

>This data suggests tha-
>"NO IT WILL JUST BE UNUSED SHUT UP GEN 6 FAG"

>They did this in ORAS so-
>"NO SHUT UP NEW POKEMON = NEW GEN GEN 6 FAG"

It has nothing to do with wanting zygarde or whatever the fuck. (Zygarde is obviously going to be relevant in SM anyway) what I care about is the truth and finding it based on available information. I would actually PREFER if this was a totally new gen. But as it stands it's just going to be a gen 6 game other than the new Pokemon and region.
>>
File: absolute.jpg (224KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
absolute.jpg
224KB, 1000x1000px
>>26183427
>But the programming doesn't determine what is a new Pokemon.
But the programming doesn't determine what is a new Pokemon.
WHAT IS THJS OH MY GOD ARE YOU SAING THAT THE GAME DOESNT DEFINE WHAT THE GAME ITSELF IS BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING
>>
>>26183396
Not that anon, but for all intents and purposes, megas ARE new Pokemon, like it or not. They are the reason Gen 6 has only 70 some new pokemon, literally the lowest of all the gens.

The fact that GF so brazenly broke their own status quo by adding things mid gen that LITERALLY DO NOT EXIST in the original games code just throws everything in the air.

Simply put, we can't rely on patterns any more. While there's a stronger argument for Gen 7 than there is for Gen 6, the gen 6 camp isn't without merit
>>
>>26183434
Read the conversation you moron. We're talking about the specific programming for Pokemon data. A form/mega having a separate slot in the Pokemon data doesn't make it a different Pokemon.
>>
>>26183430
>Literally the only relevant pattern for a new generation has always been new Pokémon. That's the only one GF goes by, even for marketing reasons.
Two way battling and trading (or its lack) also is distinctive sign of new generation, and I think it matters more to GF as it brings more shiny shekels to them.

>>still not new Pokemon, senpai
>>But the programming doesn't determine what is a new Pokemon.

Stats.
Regular pokemon? Check Megas? Check.
Model and distinctive design.
Regular pokemon? Check Megas? Check.
Assigned abilities, which sometimes change while (Mega)Evolving
Regular pokemon? Check Megas? Check
Dex entry
Regular pokemon? Check Megas? Fail Missigno? Fuck yeah check.

Genwun 190 now.
>>
>>26183463
Yeah, I think you're lost in what you're trying to convey with your argument.
>>
This whole conversation is pointless. Sun & Moon will have ALL of these:
>New Pokemon
>New starters
>New region
>New mechanics
>Updated engine/graphics
>No direct trading compatibility with XYORAS (only via Bank)
>No battle compatibility with XYORAS

So SM is going to be gen 7 no matter what you retards think determined the gen.
>>
>>26183496
>New starters
>New mechanics
>Updated engine/graphics
>No battle compatibility with XYORAS
>>26176622
>>
>>26183474
No, you're just illiterate. Take your time, read carefully through the full discussion, then come back and apologize for being a retard.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (116KB, 730x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
116KB, 730x500px
Reminder that they officially considered Mega Mewtwo a new Pokemon. Masuda also listed Black Kyurem and White Kyurem as separate Pokemon when they were announced.

If they can introduce Megas mid-gen they absolutely can introduce Pokemon mid-gen. The consequence is the fucking same regardless of "muh dex entry." Either way you end up with a new thing with stats/abilities/and with Delta Stream/Precipice Blades/Origin Pulse - even MOVES that the previous game can't acquire. It's the same fucking thing.
>>
>>26183496
>>New Pokemon
Sure
>>New starters
Probably
>>New region
Maybe
>>New mechanics
Citation needed
>>Updated engine/graphics
Citation needed
>>No direct trading compatibility with XYORAS (only via Bank)
Citation needed
>>No battle compatibility with XYORAS
Citation needed
>>
>>26183509
I'm pretty sure they did say new region, though. Then again, OR/AS was advertised as a "new world".
>>
File: Zygarde.png (224KB, 580x640px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde.png
224KB, 580x640px
Why are you Gen7 fucks so hellbent on making us suffer?

We skipped X and Y and waited three years for Z, but you just really want us to not win, don't you?
>>
>>26183496
Only the first, third, and possibly second point are correct. The others I heavily doubt.
>>
>>26183515

>wanting another version of basically the same game with a few added features instead of two brand new games
>>
>>26183515
Zygarde will definitely feature in S/M. No need to worry about that
>>
>>26183525
>few added features

So you're saying the Battle Frontier and all that shit in Platinum were insignificant?
>>
>>26183525
>Wanting CoD:The Pokemon Boogaloo to ensue.
>>
File: zygarde 160%.png (249KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde 160%.png
249KB, 800x800px
>>26183515
Don't worry, S/M coming to the rescue.
>>
>>26183464
>I think it matters more
Show us your GameFreak employee badge then.

Don't have one?
Well then that is YOUR opinion. You don't get to speak for GameFreak.
>>
>>26183551
How funny of you to disregard other point.

And how funny of you to rephrase exactly what I said at petty trial to turn it around.
>since when 'I think' doesn't start an opinion
>>
>>26183566
>being this upset
>being this wrong

wew fuckin' lad.
>>
>>26183587
That's not an argument.
>>
>>26183608
k
>>
>>26183617
That's barely even a response.
>>
>>26183587
>>26183617

You know, civilized people use points, logic and reason in arguments.

You would know how to do that too, if not only for your lowly origin.
I bet you're from Sweden or other barbaric shithole.
>>
>>26183628
>>26183631
k
>>
I am honestly surprised NO ONE in this thread brought up the fact that 'mons has used the term "New Pokémon" for forme changes and Mega Evolutions before in their marketing campaigns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk_YC0MXJ-0
>A New Pokémon with a familiar look!
>>
File: kIoOQhjE.png (292KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
kIoOQhjE.png
292KB, 588x588px
>>26183778
WOW! You're so right.
Let me just open my pokedex and look up Mega Mewtwo Y's national dex number.

Oh wait....

Hang on.

Mewtwo is still listed as #150.

Wait though... there's a thing here for it's mega.
Hmmm... still says #150.
>>
>>26183802
Oh boy my Pokemon Rote Edition has 190 dex entries coded in?
Wooah, lemme grab my pokedex and check number 165#!

Oh wait...

Hang on.

It's Missingno...

Wait though, maybe #152 is real pokemon...
Still Missingno...
>>
>>26183802
So you're saying that them saying directly "New Pokémon" does not make it?
Well, then "Next Generation" matters just as much. Thanks.
>>
>>26183869
>Well, then "Next Generation" matters just as much. Thanks.
Correct. Because...

Magearna is confirmed new pokemon and will have its own new national dex number.

So, a new entry into the national dex with its own number means proof of new generation.

See not hard.
>>
What if they just start introducing new Pokemon EVERY new game from now on? Are gen 7 fags just going to keep calling every release a new gen despite how similar and compatible it is with other games released around the same time?
>>
>>26183889
twisty twisty fate of twisting arguments
You don't get the point, do you?
>>
>>26183898
they only introduce new pokemon for new generations so... yeah.

>>26183899
A new pokemon has its own dex entry and national dex number.
New pokemon = new gen.

You don't get the point, do you?
>>
>>26183898
This is how it's always been. Gen 2 is similar to Gen 1 but it's still a new gen.
>>
>>26183909
Genwun 190
>>
File: 1462325409586.jpg (18KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1462325409586.jpg
18KB, 500x389px
>>26182730
Nigga I dont know what the fuck youre talking about. Are you agreeing with me its Gen 7? Are you disagreeing with me? What is this?
>>
>>26183898
Only if gamefreak calls it a new gen. This whole new pokemon=new gen is retarded patternfag bullshit.
>>
>>26183932
k
>>
>>26176599
>A. It will be able to battle and trade with XY/ORAS
You dont know this. Suggestions of being able to transfer pokemon might just be because of Pokemon Bank.
>B. If you consider this 7th gen, they will be the only games in 7th gen because of how the pentagon system works
Wat.
>C. You won't be able to tell it's a different gen from gen 6 unless you're told otherwise.
How do you know that? There have been people on here claiming to know about game design who say that the layering on the model of the bird pokemon in the trailer all but confirms an update in detail.
>D. Zygarde will be story relevant just like in BW2.
You dont know this. Even if it did happen, there's no reason a legendary cant be of significance in more than one gen.
>>
>>26184088

>You dont know this. Suggestions of being able to transfer pokemon might just be because of Pokemon Bank.
There are currently three known methods that allow trading of pokemon between games, and the only one that offers two-way trade between different generations was last time used decade and half ago.

>Wat.
Pentagon system helps determining whenever pokemon belongs to current generation. There are six entries programmed to create pokemon with pentagon. Four of them already were released.

>How do you know that? There have been people on here claiming to know about game design who say that the layering on the model of the bird pokemon in the trailer all but confirms an update in detail.
Main reason for why XYORAS can choke up during battles is because current models are absurdly hi-poly. This was pointed out on several occasions. Bird is hardly more detailed than current models

>You dont know this. Even if it did happen, there's no reason a legendary cant be of significance in more than one gen.
That could be true if Biggest Pokemon Commercial wasn't full on shilling for Zygarde, with countless appearances and merchandise of Zygarde forms that aren't even yet in main games.
>>
>>26184177
A S S U M P T I O N S
>>
>>26184193
>facts
>>>>assumptions

memed too hard in past, haven't we?
>>
>>26184234
>>facts
Not a single thing here >>26184177 was a fact.
Pure speculation from one source. And that source is (you).
>>
>>26184252
>Time Capsule is speculation
>Anticheat system is speculation
>Pokebank is speculation
>entire current arc of anime is speculation

Lay off those dank memes, anon, they're making sponge of your brain.
>>
>>26184274
Oh right, I forgot you work for gamefreak, have actual clear, meaningful information, and indisputable facts.

Absolutely nothing you said are just tired old personal beliefs that haven't been disproved several times over ITT let alone any time this tired SM are Gen 6 meme gets posted.
>>
>>26184311
Nice argument.
Totally convinced me to retcon 26 episodes of anime out of existence.
What are you going to do next?
Deny existence of Kiloude?
>>
>>26183802
This statement does not invalidate that point in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>26184354
>>26184421
It does invalidate it.

Burden of proof is on you, fags.
Provide official statements to back up anything you said. I'll wait.

Until then, you're wrong. Every Gen 7 person ITT has based their positions on actual, official information. Gen 6 fags speculate.

Speculation is not evidence. Evidence is not proof. Evidence can only be proof when there is a source to back it up.
>>
>>26184421
didnt mean to quote (you) in >>26184444
post even if youre wrong anyway
>>
>>26184444

Time capsule being up to date only way to downtrade pokemon is official, as it is part of the game.

All other three points I made are also based on evidence provided, willingly or not, by GF and TPCi.

If you still want to disregard them, well, good luck in your life, you'll need that badly
>>
>>26184496
>Time capsule being up to date only way to downtrade pokemon is official, as it is part of the game.
Replaced by Pokemon Bank.

>All other three points I made are also based on evidence provided, willingly or not, by GF and TPCi.

Willingly or not, you have provided nothing official. Anything you have said has been disproved by an official source.

Speculate all you want, it doesn't make you less wrong.
>>
>>26184444
>Videos uploaded to the official Pokemon YouTube channel are not official statements

Okay then.
>>
>>26184177
>Pentagon system helps determining whenever pokemon belongs to current generation.
Nope, still wrong. There's nothing that says the other 2 pentagons must be same generation.
>>
>>26184177
>>26184567
Indeed. It is a mechanic to weed out past-gen 'mons, movesets, and headaches in official competitions. It was just future-proofed, as the Mystery Gift obtainment locations are (and a few other things.)

There's no telling if Sun/Moon will reset this again and mark a different set of games, currently.
>>
>>26184533
>Replaced by Pokemon Bank.
Then show me any instance on which Pokemon bank, or any service on which former was based performing action of trading pokemon to game generation lower than donor game.

>Willingly or not, you have provided nothing official. Anything you have said has been disproved by an official source.
How part of game, or commissioned and acknowledged variety show is not official source of information? Do you consider datamines also unworthy of being base for forming conclusion?
GL at reading criminal stories.

>>26184567
>>26184604
Pentagon is used mainly to determine if pokemon belong to current generation, and therefore are viable in competitions and championships.

If SM have pentagon, it would require new system that is able to account for future remakes and director's cut versions of SM, since pentagon gives no room for expansion.
If Sm doesn't have pentagon, it leaves two entries blank with no explanation at all.
>>
>>26184693
>Pentagon is used mainly to determine if pokemon belong to current generation
You don't know that. This has never been stated.

For all you know the pentagon simply means it was created in a game later than Unova (Gen 5).

>If SM have pentagon, it would require new system that is able to account for future remakes and director's cut versions of SM, since pentagon gives no room for expansion.

Speculation.

>If Sm doesn't have pentagon, it leaves two entries blank with no explanation at all.

Like how the Azure Flute was used in DPPt, right?
>>
>>26184722
>Pentagoned pokemon can partake in much more competitions than those without
>having pentagon immediately allows to decide whether pokemon is from this generation or was transferred/improperly genned
Oh boy, wonder what it means.
Maybe just what I said?

>Speculation.
There are currently six internal codes that generate pentagon.
Is number six speculation?
Do you cry speculation whenever it's time for dinner?

>Like how the Azure Flute was used in DPPt, right?
Azure Flute was event item, and lack of it's usage was iirc explained by Masuda, your beloved official source.

Pentagon is internal part of game, designed and executed during building of current game engine, when number of games released in gen 6 ought to be already decided upon.
>>
>>26184693
>If SM have pentagon, it would require new system that is able to account for future remakes and director's cut versions of SM, since pentagon gives no room for expansion.
>If Sm doesn't have pentagon, it leaves two entries blank with no explanation at all.

This isn't as complex as you're making it to be.

They can simply make the mark only appear on 'mons from Sun/Moon and future games in Sun/Moon -- and it will not affect previous generations in the slightest. (Aside from maybe having 'mons from Sun/Moon have the pentagon, but that's if they use the next two game codes and not skip over them, which they can do.)
>>
>>26184782
>>Pentagoned pokemon can partake in much more competitions than those without
>>having pentagon immediately allows to decide whether pokemon is from this generation or was transferred/improperly genned
>Oh boy, wonder what it means.
>Maybe just what I said?

Aaaaaand none of that means fuck all for pokemon in SM. Pokemon in sun and moon could use a pentagon and be Gen 7 and still only mean that a pokemon the symbol only means it was generated on a 3DS game.

>There are currently six internal codes that generate pentagon.
What's your point. They could easily go unused.

> designed and executed during building of current game engine, when number of games released in gen 6 ought to be already decided upon.
Source.

If you cant back it up it's more rampant assuming on your part.

You have no idea how GamerFreak intends Bank or the Pentagon to function. You cannot make bold accusations and claim to know how things work.

The pentagon being FUCKING NOTHING or what I said above is just as likely as it being something inherent to Gen 6 and Gen 6 only.

But you're too focused on your flimsy evidence to see just how thin it is.
>>
People actually thought sun and moon would be gen 6.5? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
Seriously, why is this discussion still going? There's literally no fucking way SM is going to be Gen 6(.5), we already got new Pokémon confirmed which means we'll be getting a whole new Regional Dex with loads of Pokémon beyond No. 721. All this talk about the Blue Pentagon is fucking nonsense too, and why is that? Because it doesn't prove anything. It means literally nothing. There's no argument surrounding the Blue Pentagon that cannot be countered with "they can always program their way out of it". There's only two pentagon-slots left, yes, but if they really want more games to feature the pentagon they can always change the "limit". At any time. The pentagon doesn't have anything to do with the Generation #, because if SM doesn't feature the pentagon then it means nothing, and if they do then it STILL means nothing.
>>
File: pls groudon.jpg (53KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
pls groudon.jpg
53KB, 500x365px
Holy shit, Gen 6.5 fags are the worst bred of autists I have seen on a while. Just let it go you fucks.
>>
>>26184829
If SM is gen 7 and uses pentagon, other gen 7 games will need new system not only to identify own pokemon, but also distinguish SM ones from XYORAS ones.
If SM is gen 7 and doesn't use pentagon, it's little alert that something is rotten in the state of GF.

>>26184836
>Aaaaaand none of that means fuck all for pokemon in SM. Pokemon in sun and moon could use a pentagon and be Gen 7 and still only mean that a pokemon the symbol only means it was generated on a 3DS game.
Execpt that usage of pentagon would flag gen6 pokemon as pokemon originating in SM. Not good, considering that GF implemented method to prevent that in XY

>What's your point. They could easily go unused.
That it will mean somebody badly screwed up at gamedev?

>Source
Game engine.
>>
File: hehhe.jpg (44KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
hehhe.jpg
44KB, 400x267px
ITT: delusional people arguing against the games
You get to guess which of the three are.
>>
>>26183515
Well... YES!!
>>
>>26184984
Again, this is not as complex as you're making it out to be.

They can literally just change it to only show the mark on 'mons from newer games in Sun/Moon.

The mark is not part of the Pokémon's data, but shown based on the 'mon's origin game. There is absolutely no consequence to modding XYORAS's code to change the pentagon to ONLY display on 'mons from Gen 4.

Everything, trading, battling, bank, etc will work just fine. And Bank will display the pentagon on the proper XYORAS 'mons despite the game's own mod to only show 'em on 'mons from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/etc.
>>
>>26185063
I don't think we're understanding each other properly.

Yes, pentagon is dependent on game code, and yes, they can switch those codes for new ones.
But, consider this. In current games six codes are naturally viable to show pentagon. Four of which are used.

If SM will use those two codes, then pokemon from SM will be regarded as gen6 ones in XYORAS and as gen7 ones in remakes/director's cut versions.
That's a fuckup.

If SM will not use those two codes, why they were even included in XYORAS data?
>>
>>26185146
They're included just in case
>>
>>26185177
Considering that SM probably had to be already in plans when XY was being programmed, in case of what?
Masuda going 'ficki ficki ya all, we're doing Z sons of bitches' ?
>>
>>26185177
>>26185216
Game development cycles for pokemon are roughly 2 years.

Bank was delayed a bit for one reason or another.
When bank was released, Sun and Moon would have already been in early development. What could have stopped GF from adding the pentagon values for SM to bank when it bank itself released so they wouldn't have to have a major update when SM come out in "CURRENT YEAR."

In otherwords, SM were in early development when Bank was released and they planned on it, regardless of the Generation it is. (albeit I support the gen 7 side of things)
>>
>>26185302
There is already scheduled update for when SM comes, to account for existence of VCG edition of RBY, so you're kinda off.
And while games seem to be made in two years, i suppose creative process behind them takes much longer.

Tbh I am expecting SM to be gen7, just don't like to see faggots trying to pimp logic.
>>
>>26185371
>There is already scheduled update for when SM comes, to account for existence of VCG edition of RBY
Been out of the loop for a bit so I was unaware of any update. Interesting...

However, an update for VC versions of 20 year old games would require significantly less work and maintenance time than something entirely new. It's not like any of the pokemon from RBY vc are 'new' pokemon.

Stat changes, abilities, phys/spec split, EV/IV all need to be... generated for lack of better term, I know, but it all still goes back to those pokemon already existing.

I'm not trying to argue, really. I'm just thinking out loud.
>>
>>26185434
I am not trying to argue, I am just pointing little overlooks in your loud thoughts.
If there had to be update for VGC when SM comes out, there would be no reason to spoil things by SMproofing bank for future.
>>
>>26184782
Who explained the God Stone then? Or the many other items/features found in code that were never used.

>>26184722
>Speculation
Not exactly. XY is programmed to only recognise 6 game ID numbers as gen 6+. No matter what they do in SM, it won't change XY. That's a hard fact.

However, it's likely they will change the system in SM to expand it for gen 7 games. In future competitors you're gonna need to use SM to play, but they will probably allow and Pokemon from XY onwards, ie it has the pentagon OR whatever system they use in SM.
>>
>>26185610
You know the difference between pentagon slots and unused items?
The former actually work as intended
>>
>>26185610
>it has the pentagon OR whatever system they use in SM.
This is exactly what I've been trying to say though.
SM and any other future games could use the pentagon and be a different generation.

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore, to be honest.

Whatever happens, happens. I stand by my assertion that SM are Gen 7. If you don't buy it, fine.
If SM are still (somehow) gen 6... well, okay. Not exactly sure how it would even be a thing but it's not like I'll stop playing, throw a tantrum, or shitpost. There is enough shitposting ITT, on this board, and in general.
>>
>>26185146
>why they were even included in XYORAS data?

The same reason they included caught locations for Pokémon Events, Pokémon Fiestas, Video Game Championships, World Championships, and Pokémon Movies from 2013 to 2018. (The year numbers usually go for a bit longer in previous games.)

It was merely a futureproofing effort.

>>26185610
I believe this is what I was best trying to say.
>>
>>26185646
>>26185610
>>26185646

And so apparently we all been arguing the same thing?
>>
File: 1203.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1203.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>26185680
>And so apparently we all been arguing the same thing?
Anon, at this point I don't even know anymore. I think we have though. So, yes?
>>
>>26185672
That's bit of excessive for a games being released like pokemon.
Like if they didn't know about games that should be already being designed by then
>>
>>26185680
I was disagreeing with whoever said that the pentagon cannot expand is speculation. We know the system as it is in XYORAS cannot expand.
>>
>>26183928
Gen 2 cant battle with gen 1 and has graphics and mechanics that differentiate it from gen 1. This retarded
>le gen 1.5
comparison needs to die.
>>
>>26183909
>they only introduce new pokemon for new generations so... yeah

Just like they only introduce new moves and abilities for new generations, right?

You patternfags are disgusting
>>
File: tumblr_o6rlounxNr1ufr0jio1_500.gif (244KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6rlounxNr1ufr0jio1_500.gif
244KB, 450x253px
Confirmed by Nintendo again.
>>
>>26189295
how does that confirm anything
>>
>>26189305
If they're going to Pokemon Bank, they should be able to transfer to XYORAS as well as Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26189331
Bank goes two ways. It should be able to transfer regardless.

All it "confirms" is that the utility to convert gen 1 Pokemon to gen 6 is in Sun/Moon and they're not going to heavily patch bank to do this itself.

There's a reason why the website specifies it can't "directly" go to XY/ORAS. There's probably an indirect method like trading or putting the pokemon in Sun/Moon and reuploading it to bank.
>>
>>26189361
I feel it'll simply work like it did in Stadium 2, Any pokemon that was "legal" in gen 1 (or in this case, gen 6) can be withdrawn with those games, but the others will be grey'd out if you select a gen 6 game.
>>
>>26176551
>>26176599
>>26176644
>>26176688
>>26176718
>>26178667
>>26178912
>>26180005
>>26180078
>>26181482
>>26182692
>>26183266
>>26183365
>>26183431
>>26183515
>>26183898
>>26189305
When SOON comes out please don't kill yourselves Zfags. You don't even have to admit it's not 6.5. We still love you.

Also what would make you say it's gen 7 since all the evidence has not convinced you yet?
>>
>>26189570
>Also what would make you say it's gen 7

no battle compatibility with XY and ORAS.

Also when gameplay comes out and doesn't look at all like gen 6's style I'll probably stop arguing it. But if it DOES look EXACTLY like gen 6 I'll argue it even harder.
>>
>>26189598
But what exactly is the "style"?
Its likely they'll reuse models from XY, I predicted that as far back as XY's first trailer myself. and balance changes wouldn't be evident from a trailer. Finally, any new battle mechanics like Mega Evolution likely wouldn't be shown first thing. So, what's left, the UI?
>>
File: ZoTk1UD[1].jpg (64KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ZoTk1UD[1].jpg
64KB, 500x282px
>>26189623
>But what exactly is the "style"?

Same OW model style.
Same Pokemon battle animations/colors/sizes.
Move animations are the same.

i.e. you wouldn't be able to tell it's a different gen unless someone told you otherwise. Every generation so far has had its own distinct style. Even gen 2.
>>
ORAS is already 6.5
>>
>>26189652
>dropping models from immediate future game because "muh style"
gen 2 and gen 1 overworld looked the same, new style doesn't equal new gen
>>
>>26189652
>Showing RSE and FRLG, two games from the same gen with different styles
Anon...
>>
>>26190185
>hurr models must mean the style will be the same

Yeah, look at how the previous 5 gens had the same style just because they had sprites. Moron.

>>26190252
They don't have a different style though.
>>
File: godugh.png (6KB, 166x155px) Image search: [Google]
godugh.png
6KB, 166x155px
We'll see, /vp/.
Too bad that it won't make sense of GF to plan S/M being gen 7 straight after making X/Y.
Too bad this is exactly what the pentagons mean.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.