[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One thing I wad never really able to figure out is the Fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-9-dvd.jpg (66KB, 563x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-9-dvd.jpg
66KB, 563x500px
One thing I wad never really able to figure out is the Fighting and Dark types

What exactly makes specific pokemon fighting or dark? Unlike other types it's not some kind of energy or a material - but instead they are based on specific set of skills. So the Fighting types are characterized by their fighting skills and yet there are pokemon who can learn the same skills and yet they aren't considered Fighting, not to mention that all pokemon are technically "fighters " since the whole game is about them fighting with each other.
This also applies to the Dark type to a lesser extent.
So what is the answer here?
>inb4 it's a game for children
Yes, that is the actual answer, but it's boring. I want some fan canon theories on this shit
>>
Fighting = skill, martial arts, justice
Dark = underhanded, scary, thug tactics
>>
>>26168461
Fighting types usually are martial arts related, be those actual existing martial arts or nonexistant shit like lucario's aura control
Dark types usually have characteristics of someone using dirty tactics or intimidation
>>
File: Dark-type moves.png (126KB, 1416x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-type moves.png
126KB, 1416x1275px
>>26168461

Fighting = Martial arts, superhuman strength, honor/justice

Dark = Using underhanded tactics (which is why it's called the Evil type in Japan)
>>
>>26168506
Then why is dark type considered edgy and not the ghost type?
>>
>>26168461
I always figured that Fighting types were pokemon that were specialized in hand to hand, martial arts combat.
Dark types are those which use underhanded or crafty tactics in order to defeat their enemies.
The creature is biologically specialized for a specific type of combat.
>>
>>26168541

Dark is being a dick and using cheap tactics, like throwing sucker punches, ganging up on someone, stealing, etc.

Ghost is literal darkness/shadows, i.e. Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, etc.
>>
>>26168491
Yeah, but how does your skills define their being?
Rock pokemon are made of rocks and grass pokemon are plants, and so they take on the qualities of those materials, but how does it work for Fighting and Dark?
>>
>>26168561
I know, that's why I asked that question. Literal darkness/shadows sounds way more edgy than fighting dirty.
>>
>>26168548
>>26168537
>>26168561
Yes, exactly, so what's the difference between let's say Dark pokemon and a Normal pokemon that knows Dark moves? At this point they both use the underhanded tactics, and yet one Dark and other isn't
>>
>>26168562
The Fighting types do have a special physique that sets them apart from something like Normals. For one, they're almost exclusively bipedal. You could say they aren't Fighters just because they learned martial arts, they're Fighters because their body types allow them to be.

Not really sure about Dark, maybe there's some similar logic.
>>
>>26168562
Some types are defined more by their actions/abilities/behavior rather than a physical property. That's why dual-type Fighting tends to be a secondary type rather than a primary type, like Flying and Ground (digging).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.