[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vp/, I need your help. Which eShop release of Gen 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (7KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 160x90px
Alright /vp/, I need your help. Which eShop release of Gen 1 should I get? Red, Blue, or Yellow?

I know they have different Pokemon in each and in Yellow you can get Pikachu, but I'm looking for a hard difficultly aspect.

Also, what did you get and why?
>>
Just don't get Yellow and you're good.
>>
I picked Red and those fucking wild encounters pissed me off
>>
>>26164114
You can get pikachu in Red and Blue also. And even evolve it..
>>
Play FRLG instead.
Oh hey, but then you might actually have taste
>>
>>26164114
any fellow but yellow and you will feel so mellow, cool as a beedrill, fly as a swellow

when you beat the game, rejoice, eat jello
>>
>>26164114
>not getting all three
>>
Blue has the better version exclusives while still letting you use the Missingno glitch, so I'd say Blue unless you really like Pikachu or want Venasaur, Blastoise, and Charizard in the same team..
>>
>>26164522
You mean these re-releases haven't patched the missingno glitch?
>>
>>26164128
why?
>>
>>26164570
No, the only changes are the wireless features, and the Surfing Pikachu minigame no longer requires a Pikachu that knows surf. Any Pikachu will do.

All of the delicious bugs are still there, so Rare candy, stat boost, and generally twink your mons to your hearts content.
>>
Or you could just not waste your money buying a game when you can get all three of them for free.
>>
>>26164627
Truth. In my red playthrough, I skipped Brock with a glitch, beat misty, traded cut over, Pokedoll'd Marowak, beat Koga as my second gym, then got surf and caught most of the pokemon before I had 3 badges. Very fun, would recommend for anyone who's played these games to death.

But yeah, Blue has best exclusives, Yellow has most obtainable in one game, and Red has muh cherzerd on the cover.
>>
Does the Mew trick still work?
Can I transfer it to Bank? Can anything transfer to Bank yet?
>>
ahh I remember my old Lv 256 or so pokemon from back in the day
>>
>>26165190
No bank connectivity yet, probably not until s&m release
>>
>>26164114
it´s totally shit, that the games didn´t even support colors. wanted to play the oldschool all blue, blue edition :D
>>
>>26165294
>dumb fucking newfags with their gameboy colors
>playing pokemon red and blue in anything other than pea green
>>
>>26164114
NO dont get these, the graphics look really bad
>>
>>26164114
Just play FR/LG, unless you're looking to transfer shit like Fissure Machamp to Sun/Moon. In gen 1 you're hard pressed to get decent movesets on anything.
>>
>>26165397
Go kill yourself, you'll be doing the world a huge service.
>>
File: 1461807303824.jpg (25KB, 267x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461807303824.jpg
25KB, 267x281px
>not getting all three
poorfags
>>
>>26165372
>I was literally fucking 5 when the games come out.
> Gameboy color were also out
> calling me newfag
Sorry Anon, don´t be jelly :)
>>
>>26165550
gameboy color was not out when the pokemon games came out
>>
>>26164114
If you're there for difficulty, the best version to get is... absolutely none of them, because all three are by far the easiest entries into the series.
>>
>>26165906
Eh... EH... they're pretty hard but not because of real challenge but because of poor design choices, like how awfully Pokemon and types are spread around, or a lot of Pokemon not having anything for STAB moves to put out real damage.
>>
>>26165550
>RB came out September 28, 1998 in NA
>Color came out November 18, 1998
>btfo newfag
>>
>>26165550
Also, I was 6 and can remember unboxing Blue version in my grandma's kitchen
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.