[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Gamefreak want none of the regions to have their own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Snubull2.png (63KB, 525x400px) Image search: [Google]
Snubull2.png
63KB, 525x400px
Why does Gamefreak want none of the regions to have their own distinct feeling and assortment of pokemon? Why overload every game with too many pokemon. Hoenn in Gen 3 was a good example of pokemon diversity. You had pokemon in common with Kanto and Johto (due to their proximiity) but yet, playing the game you had a clear feeling of what pokemon were native to Kanto and Johto, but not Hoenn. This made pokemon that weren't obtainable in RSE seem more rare. It gave the region a sense of individual unlike today where Kalos has like 85% of all pokemon in it's regional dex. Kalos had no uniqueness outside of the new pokemon it introduced. The only thing that I can think of that Kalos did right was the Zubat Roost.
>>
skarmory
>>
>>26158406
Because people bitched forever when gen 3 and 5 did this, even though it was a pro, not a con.
>>
>>26158420
Yes! In Gen 2, Skarmory was very rare. But in Hoenn it was much more common. It gave Hoenn a certain uniqueness with it's distribution of Pokemon. Including unique details like that, in my opinion, help form a regional identity.
>>
>>26158406
>Gen 3 was a good example of pokemon diversity
Yeah anon I also enjoyed seeing the same 3 pokemon in 10 routes
>>
Because
MUH BROS MUH BROS MUH BROS WAAAAAAAHHHHH
Game Freak will never make a game like B/W again because of this, enjoy the entire Kanto Pokedex in every gen from now on.
>>
>>26158496
Fans ruin everything.
>>
>>26158606
but fans make things cool
>>
File: 1462214767799.jpg (20KB, 192x240px) Image search: [Google]
1462214767799.jpg
20KB, 192x240px
>>26158496
>B/W didn't even have fucking Pikachu available in the game anywhere
I'm not saying every game should just be loaded with nothing but old mons, but how did Gen 5 fuck that one up? Even in post game he wasn't available
>>
>>26158406
The only region that didnt have it was kalos.

I loved the idea of Metagross being catchable in Unova for the first time and the focus on Gen V pokemon overall.

A Pokedex should Ideally be between 256 and 300, like johto and Unova. Over this and it's way too much.
>>
>>26158406
I wish they would improve how they handled it in Black and White. Only use the new regional pokemon until you beat the story, and then have all the other pokemon show up in post-game.
>>
>>26158660
Unova is truly the best region.
>>
File: pikity.gif (930KB, 374x361px) Image search: [Google]
pikity.gif
930KB, 374x361px
>>26158406
They do want that feeling.
But they go about it the wrong way.
They add exclusive features to regions that everyone enjoys and then take them out.
Then they stick Tentacool at 90% in everybody of water in every region and call it a day.
They are the laziest pieces of crap to ever fall into money and we keep buying into it over and over again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.