/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand TM21. What exactly is the point of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Bag_TM_Normal_Sprite.png (626B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
Bag_TM_Normal_Sprite.png
626B, 24x24px
I don't understand TM21. What exactly is the point of a move that just gets weaker?
>>
>>26140169
It's a powerful move with rentals at the battle frontier.
>>
Mega drain is not that bad.
asure, it's not giga drain, but still...
>>
>>26140538
I think he means from a TM design.
>>
>>26142722
anon was being an ass, op meant tm 21 from gen II onwards, frustration. tm 21 was mega drain in gen I though.
>>
>>26140188
>It was a powerful move with rentals at the battle frontier... 7 years ago
>>
Just give your Pokemon a bunch of herbs instead of potions
>>
>>26140169
Its for pokemon who were raised by negative and unhappy trainers.
Shitty attitude human = shitty attitude pokemon.
>>
>>26140169
>Be shit at the game
>team fainting all over the place
>Pokemon hate your guts 'cos you can't git gud.
Holy shit this move is really powerful on my mons!
>OP move allows you to catch up with the game.
>Suddenly getting back on track
> Move gets weaker to stop you relying on it as a coping mechanism and encourage you to contine gitting gud.
>Eventually Return allows you to work back towards your power move, bit by bit, as your team thrives.

Don't forget, in gen II, it was only handed to you if your pokemon didn't like you, if you were already doing well, you got return.
Return allowed canny trainers to focus on one mons happiness (likely togepi) for a powermove and let the rest use the pretty decent headbutt.

But if you were doing so abysmally your pokemon hated you, well then you got the crutch that is TM21.

Plus it's an interesting take on the JRPG 'move that gets weaker the more you use it'
>>
>>26142831
Its also extremely powerful on shit like Mewtwo and most 'mons you just caught.
>>
>>26140169
In the older games, raising happiness was such a stupidly slow process it was much faster to buy a shitload of bitter medicine and keep the happiness at rock bottom that way.
>>
It fucks with Ditto
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.