[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /vp/, first time poster here, To what extent are the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: DP3_EN_51.png (177KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
DP3_EN_51.png
177KB, 245x342px
Hello /vp/, first time poster here,

To what extent are the original 151 Pokemon still used in the trading card games today? Do they keep coming out with new editions of them? Are they still usable?

I'm writing a script and in one scene two kids are playing Pokemon cards. I want there to be a nostalgia factor for people my age, but I am also writing the script taking place today. I was thinking of using an Ivysaur card. How likely is it that a kid today would own an Ivysaur card, doesn't matter what edition.

If not, any recommendations on what card to use? It's supposed to be an object of sentimental value later on when the character grows up.
>>
The original 151 are still made and used. But those old cards are no longer legal for play no.
>>
>>26136311
How would I find a picture of the most up to date version of Ivysaur oline? Does the one I just posted work?
>>
>>26136297
I hate to recommend bulbapedia for anything, but basically if you go on there and search "[any pokemon] TCG" you'll find out if one's been released in a recent set. In Ivysaur's case: Not since 2012
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dark_Explorers_(TCG)
>>
World last year was won by a Blastoise deck with the same premise as that of the Blastoise from base set (rain dance). The second set in XY was straight up "charizard nostalgia pandering" and the most recent one to come out/that will come out is centered around Alakazam's Mega.

Then there's literally all of Generations, including the artwork taken from base set.
>>
This is the most recent Ivysaur card to exist
Although there are more recent Venusaur EX if you'd rather have those
>>
>>26136332
>http://pkmncards.com/?s=Ivysaur&display=card&sort=date
Here it's a database.

But to answer your question, your script is fine, as long as it isnt the literal first Ivysaur card.
>>
>>26136343
>Then there's literally all of Generations, including the artwork taken from base set.
>literally all
>only Tauros and Slowpoke
>>
>>26136734
>including
Generations was a nostalgia set, with its key cards being shit like Raichu, Inukami, and Golem/Ninetales/Eeveelutions. That was what I was saying "Then there's literally all of Generations" about. The "Including the artwork taken directly from base set" part was a secondary point saying that Generations is severely based on pandering to the original 151.
>>
File: 1435539273742.jpg (216KB, 946x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1435539273742.jpg
216KB, 946x1200px
>>26136798
>Inukami
>>
>>26136815
Imakuni, that was an autocorrect thing.
>>
>>26136834
>autocorrect to inukami
Confirmed outed weeb
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.