[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Johtomon so seldom seen outside of their games compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 21446km.png (149KB, 1297x568px) Image search: [Google]
21446km.png
149KB, 1297x568px
Why are Johtomon so seldom seen outside of their games compared to other regions?

Kanto pokemon are absolutely everywhere, Hoenn pokemon were plentiful in Sinnoh and Kalos, but Johtomons? Forget it.

But why is this? Its not like there's anything wrong with a lot of them, in fact quite a few fill niches that are sorely lacking in later games, or just have more cartoony versions supplanting them (looking at you Unova, with your Sawsbuck, Bouffalant, elemental Monkeys among others).
>>
>>26132005
When I look at the number of Johto Megas or number of Johto Mons in Pokken, I can't help but think Gamefreak cares about Johto the least. Ironic since Johto games are among the best in the franchise.
>>
Most of them are better off forgotten. The new Pokemon was certainly not one of the better points of Gen 2.
>>
>>26132043
There's only 1 Unova Pokemon with a mega
it's Audino
>>
>>26132095
Game Freak cares about Unova but they know the majority of fans don't.
>>
Mostly shitmons with notable standouts

tyranitar
houndoom
espeon
umbreon
lugia
ho-oh
suicine
raikou
heracross
crobat
skarmory
azumarril
blissey
quagsire
celebi
smeargle

I just realized I listed a third of them. There were quite a lot of good pokemon
>>
>>26132095
But Unova was the previous generation.

A big reason for megas existing was to assist the older mons lost to power creep.
Of the 6 Johtomons given a mega, Tyranitar and Scizor didn't really need it as they were already top tier, Ampharos and Heracross needed a bit more power, and they totally fucked up M-Steelix and M-Houndoom.

Are GF just forgetting that the likes of Ariados, Jumpluff or Magcargo exist? I think a mega would've seriously done either of them some good.
>>
>>26132043
>I can't help but think Gamefreak cares about Johto the least.
>implying there won't be Johtoddler pandering in Sun/Moon since its the Gold/Silver to X/Y's Red/Blue
>>
>>26132005

On that note, why are Johtomon so seldom seen in their own damn region, to the point where you can only get some of them when going BACK to Kanto?
>>
>>26132005
>Bouffolant
Who's he supplanting?
>Sawsbuck
>More cartoony than bubblebutt Stantler
>>
>>26132215
>implying anything hints to that at fucking all
>>
>>26132195
>Ampharos
nigga ampharos was complete shit. and m-steelix and m-houndoom are not "fucked up", they're actually quite good and completely rival m-ampharos and m-absol. steelix is only ru because aggron is better than it, which doesn't make steelix any bad
>>
I don't know and I don't care.
I just wanna catch every Pokémon.
>>
>>26132005
>GF thought Johtomon were so bad they made most of them only accessible in the Postgame IF NOT the safari zone
>>
>>26132005
Because there are so few of them, and when you exclude legendaries, starters, babies and new evolutions, the pool is really not that large.
>>
>>26132131
>what is kingdra
>>
>>26132043
>implying
the only reason johto games are the "best" its because of kanto

if johto was a standalone region, it would have fucking killed the franchise
>>
Anon, a ton of those pokemon could be found in sinnoh in post elite four

Dumb fuck
>>
>>26132005
Are they? I feel like most have been making pretty regular appearances, largely because a lot are tied to lines from other gens either from g1 or evo/prevo added to g2 mon later. Ledy and Spin don't get much love. Sudowoodo was kind of a one time thing. Snubull never quite became the ugly-cute mascot I think they wanted it to be. And Qwilfish is all but forgotten. And Donphan doesn't get much love. Other than that I think every other mon has been given some substantial attention in at least 2 other games.
>>
>>26132005
Most of Johto's Dex was absolutely awful. I'm playing though Heart Goldright now trying to have no overlapping types and using exclusively Johto Pokemon, and there are so few that I genuinely like. At least the Totodile line is good.
>>
There are only 67 Pokemon in Johto that aren't legendaries, babies, evos, or starters. That's LOW, if Kanto wasn't apart of the Johto games they would have been low tier. The good parts of the johto games was Kanto. That's saying something considering I dislike Kanto
>>
>>26132682
>>26132389

I think you're slightly incorrect. It's not Kanto that makes them good, because Kanto is still god-awful, but the fact that the second region means Gen 2's games are so huge. They're bigger than Gen 3, I'd wager, maybe not 4 due to improved hardware.
>>
Even within Johto they were scarce, the Dark types and ghost type weren't available until post game, and Kanto Pokemon couldn't evolve into their new evolutions until post game.
>>
>>26132821
>Kanto Pokemon couldn't evolve into their new evolutions until post game.
You're talking about FRLG now right?
Because all of the new Johto evolutions to Kanto mons were available before the league in GSC.
>>
>>26132215
>Implying S/M won't be even more R/B pandering than X/Y because it's the 20th anniversary
I love to see you anti-genwunners squirm
>>
Platinum had plenty.

Hoothoot, Noctowl, Crobat, Cleffa, Togepi, Togetic, Marill, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Unown, Girafarig, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Sneasel, Slugma, Magcargo, Swinub, Piloswine, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantine, Houndour, Houndoom, Porygon 2, Elekid, Magby, Blissey, and more I forgot. Most are evolutions or pre evolutions, but they're still present.
>>
File: 1455932754418.png (1MB, 770x826px) Image search: [Google]
1455932754418.png
1MB, 770x826px
>>26134281
this

>pic related
some love for johto
>>
>>26132076
Except for babies, most are good or better.
>>
>>26132131
>forgetting Wobbuffet, Jumpluff, Forretress, Donphan, Kingdra, and Porygon 2
>>
>>26132389
I Johto was a standalone region, it would have been bigger

>>26132215
I wish
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.