[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we just agree that this was, and will always be, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg (24KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg
24KB, 250x224px
Can we just agree that this was, and will always be, the best Pokemon game?
>>
>>26128868
It's up there in my opinion.
>>
It's a good games desu famigo
>>
>>26128868

DP is shit. You could've at least posted Platinum.
>>
>>26128868
General consensus is that gen 4 was the worst.
>>
You wish anon. Unless you have nostalgia for D/P, they're actually objectively one of the worst games in the franchise.
>>
>>26128868
Of course we can't all agree on that. It's one of my favorites, but I think that's only because it's the game that got me back into Pokemon after I quit playing during Gold. I also really like the majority of Pokemon it introduced--more of my favorites come from Sinnoh than any other region: Drifblim, Empoleon, Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Bibarel, Luxray, Roserade, Rotom, Skuntank, Croagunk, Togekiss, Yanmega, Manaphy, Shaymin, Pachirisu, etc. I really don't get why people complain about the Pokemon in Gen IV (besides the lack of in-game Fire types).
>>
>>26128868
Post some screencaps? I've been thinking about buying a DPPT game and don't really remember playing them from a while ago. Convince me anon? Pros and cons?
>>
>>26128957
Same anon, been nuzlocking black 2/Y, they've been pretty good. Have a soul silver too. AS is my main file that everything worth a shit gets transferred to. Only missing DPPT.
>>
File: 424.jpg (62KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
424.jpg
62KB, 854x859px
>>26128868
>Best game
>Posts Diamond instead of Platinum
>>
>>26128907
>>26128973
>>26128973
I never played Platinum how did it even improve?
>>
>>26129111
It's a little less of a chore to play, since DP are unbearably slow. Platinum is still pretty fucking slow, but it at least doesn't make you want to kill yourself after two battles.
>>
>>26128916

Outside of this board, I'd say the majority would say Gen 5 would be the worst.
And they'd be right.
>>
>>26129119
>Outside of this board,
It's still gen 4 even outside of this board.
Hell this is one of the few places where people like it.
>>
Not while Platinum and BW2 exist.
>>
File: tornworld-up.png (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
tornworld-up.png
25KB, 512x384px
>>26129111
This >>26129118
And the fact that the main story got extended by a whole new chapter about travelling to an alternate dimension with Cynthia trying to calm down Giratina and save the multiverse.
>>
>>26129119
I'd say gen 5 introduced the least things of relevance but I honestly think the games go INR oughly ascending order by release, give or take a few swaps. IMO Pokemon as a series pretty much gets better incrementally with more iterations on perfecting and adding to its systems.
>>
>>26129141
You'd be surprised at how many features added in gen 5 made it over.
>>
>>26129140
Man, the distortion world was the most disappointing addition yet.

>save the multiverse.
It was one universe.
>>
>>26129127
>>26129141

I was being facetious with Gen 5, Gen 6 is probably the most disappointing one. Terrible story, not least bit challenging and virtually no postgame.

That said, as a 25 year old veteran having played since Gen 1, Sinnoh will still be my favourite place in the mainline games.

What Gen IV did terribly:
- Awful speed in both navigation and battle
- Horrendous inventory GUI which HGSS rectified and BW cocked up again
- Gating a great deal of its new Pokémon in postgame

What Gen IV did right:
- Perfect implementation of WiFi that BW cocked up on.
- Great implementation of mythicals.
- Great postgame
- Best metagame
- Best music
- Best remakes
- Most challenging of the mainline games

The Wi-Fi was just right. I can play Gen IV right now and not be hampered by its absense, but its inclusion was just enough to make the games feel grand. Having only played Gen V this february I felt that it suffered because of its overreliance on WiFi
>Hey grow berries in the DREAM WORLD!
>Catch Pokémon in the DREAM WORLD!
>Use your C-Gear!
>Enjoy this Black City/White Forest by connecting with friends!

Is all well and good and all but since the service has been taken down Gen V feels very, very lacking in meat. Fun fact, the entirety of Gen V being online (2011-2014) is just as long as the gap between DP and Pt (2006-2009).

The Mythicals were also great. Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy and Arceus were all alluded to in the games. By contrast, I don't know where Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion fit into the Gen 5/6 lore.

Plus the post-game was great. Fun island to explore, etc.

I also find it puzzling why people keep cranking down on Gen IV because of what DP did wrong, ignoring Pt and HGSS while Gen 3 and Gen 5 weren't all that good if you discount Emerald and B2W2 respectively.
>>
>>26129214
>- Great implementation of mythicals.
You sure 'bout that m8?
>>
File: Pokemon Diamond-full.jpg (28KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Diamond-full.jpg
28KB, 300x276px
>>26128868
Wrong Diamond, OP.
Let me post right one.
>>
>>26128957
Just emulate it. It's not like Nintendo makes money on it. If you really want to.... It's worth a buy
>>
>>26129227
Not the m8 but I have to drop a word on that statement. It was really good, and mythical areas were stylized in an amazing way
>>
>>26129227

Yes. They were too many of them but they felt organic.
Mew felt organic. Celebi felt organic. Victini and Keldeo felt somewhat organic.
By contrast, Jirachi, Deoxys, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion feel inorganic because they're just kinda "there". They're never alluded to in the games they premiered in and they get shoved in by linking up to old man Nintendo's system without second thought. They have no place in their repestive worlds and all lore associated with them has to come from the Pokédex or, at worst, the Ashnime.

By contrast:
>Shaymin is referenced by just about everyone in Floaroma
>That little boy is haunted by Darkrai in Canalave and the townspeople make references towards it.
>All books refere to "The Original One" Arceus in DPPt and the Plates add further lore to its existence.

Maybe Manaphy isn't as well fleshed out.
>>
>>26129214
I agree with everything you said. I rarely ever see anyone defend Gen IV since it's usually met immediately with:
>no fire types
>too many legends
>too slow
They seem to ignore any flaw in whichever gen they have as their favorite (especially when said favorite is Gen III) and totally ignore anything good in whichever they've decided is their least favorite.
>>
>>26129261
>no fire types

That's puzzlling as Gen 3 had almost no fire types eithers.
>Camerupt
>Torkoal
>Magcargo
>Ninetales
Excuse me if those don't get me all excited.
>Oh wow! 3 painfully slow fire types that die to a Surf and Ninetales!
>>
>>26128916
For me D/P yes, other anons here they're young enough to have it be their first game.

It's pretty shit desu

Gym leaders and Elite 4 don't even have full teams with their types

They locked you out of 17 of the new cross evolutions until post game with some not being in the game period

(Unpopular opinion here) No one seems to talk about the shitty regional dex, I mean there's so many shitmons. Floatzel Chatot Cheriem Combee (for being so rare in this game and a 1/8 chance of it only evolving into Vespiqueen) Burmy/Wormadam Kritot (can't even learn moves) Krikitune (it has a funny cry that's why people like it) Carinive All the new baby Pokemon all 9 of them. I could go on.....
>>
>>26129214
>- Perfect implementation of WiFi that BW cocked up on.
You are aware that Black and White sorted out all of the issues with the wifi present in gen 4 right? Along with that on a DSi you could access WPA2 connections. Not to mention Gen 4 was hit considerably harder by the Wifi loss than gen 5 was especially when it came to Black and White 2.

- Great implementation of mythicals.
- Best metagame
- Best music
- Best remakes
This is all opinion.

>- Great postgame
It ruined the majority of content added in RSE and not to mention mutilated the battle frontier.
>>
>>26129288
I guess I should talk about the story too

After you first meet Cyrus (In D/P) he give you the masterball and let's you release the pixies, but when he uses the red chain and works for like a second then the pixies start messing it up and he fights you and says ARGH I'll come back one day maybe....? After he loses and just walks away. And then you just catch the Pokemon there.

Platinum though.... He knows the chains won't break under both influence of time and space, but that's when agitating shows up out of no where really distorting everything around him and leaps up into Cryus. Then you Cynthia and the Pixies must travel through a crazy place (that was the tag line) and find Girarina the one in control, but not before you and Cyrus have a last battle for control of the Pokemon and when he loses he leave you and claims he will make a new world starting here and is trapped in there for eternity. Edgy but better than screw it I'll do it again later
>>
>>26129288
>Gym leaders and Elite 4 don't even have full teams with their types

Gen 1 and 3 didn't do much better. They just reused various types they already had. Gen 3's E4 had multiple of the same tree. Drake used a Shelgon and Salamence and two Flygon. Glacia used two Glalie, two Sealeo and Walrein. Phoebe used two Dusclops and two Banette. Only Sidney had 5 distinct Dark Pokémon that weren't part of the same evolution family.

>>26129296
>Not to mention Gen 4 was hit considerably harder by the Wifi loss than gen 5 was especially when it came to Black and White 2.

Fair enough. I've yet to play B2W2 so it's unfair of me to gauge it but I felt very taunted playing B1W1 because they gate a lot of content behind WiFi which I can't enjoy. In replaying Pt I didn't feel that. Yeah, I can't trade but that's no different than replaying Gen 1-3. Pokémon White withheld a city/forest, several items, berry growing and several wild Pokémon for me because of the lack of Wi-Fi.

>It ruined the majority of content added in RSE and not to mention mutilated the battle frontier.

What Emerald added*. Ruby and Sapphire had terrible postgame consisting of Rayquaza, roaming Lati@s and Battle Tower. Platinum at least had something akin to the Frontier but it also had an island, swarms and several legendaries to hunt for.

Plus you can say it butchered postgame but Hoenn, in turn,butchered a lot of what Crystal had too, several of those letdowns wouldn't be fixed until Emerald. As I said before, I get annoyed when people say Gen 3 but mean Emerald (the golden child of its gen) while comparing it to Gen IV's DP where Pt fixed a lot of DP's faults as well. It's disingenuous.
>>
>>26129366
At least they were masters of their type (minus Agatha) but really they couldn't do it with a bigger mom variety and just didn't add the Pokemon that were already programmed in? Flint and Volkner didn't even have one of the new cross evos that's of their type. Agatha didn't have enough ghost types for the game, although about Hoenn I hate those game too
>>
File: index.png (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 300x168px
>>26129364
>up into Cryus
>>
>>26129389
>At least they were masters of their type (minus Agatha) but really they couldn't do it with a bigger mom variety and just didn't add the Pokemon that were already programmed in?

But they did it Platinum though? Again, judge Gen IV not just by DP because people who like Gen 3 or 5 definitely don't judge Hoenn and Unova solely because of RS and B1W1. If you say you like Gen 3 because Emerald or Gen 5 because of B2W2, you should have the decency to judge Gen IV's Platinum.
>>
>>26129111
>faster gameplay and surf.speed
>expanded story with distortion world and Looker
>bigger Pokedex featuring more fire types and cross-gen evolutions in main game
>tons of little graphical improvements
>postgame villa, move tutor, etc

Platinum is easily among the best Pokemon games and is essentially a strictly better Diamond/Pearl.

>>26128957
Play Platinum, but don't nuzlocke it. There are a lot of random trainers that will fuck you up due to their placements/strategies. Platinum can be pretty challenging and rewards careful teambuilding. Fair warning, there's lots of HMs, and finding room for them on your team is important.
>>
>>26128868
Fuck that. No Battle Frontier and my Scizor doesn't even get Bullet Punch.
>>
>>26129403
I REALLY REALLY HATE DP. But when I revisited platinum it was beautifully cons favorite game in the series, but the shit show that is Diamond and Pearl is a stain that everyone tries to forget how awful it is and is only remembered fondly by the people who are now just old enough to post on vp and had it be their first game. That or they just think of Platinum.... I'm venting because they are the games that pushed me away from the series until BW which were fun for being a blond experience into a blank region
>>
>>26129429
>Fair warning, there's lots of HMs, and finding room for them on your team is important.
Just catch a Bidoof and a Starly and you're all set.
>>
>>26129448

Honestly, I've clocked 300+ hours on my Diamond (most out of any Pokémon game besides the original Red maybe) so I liked Diamond. Sinnoh somehow just stuck to me.
By contrast, my interest in Pokémon died with Gen 5 and didn't resurge until late last year.
>>
>>26129366
>What Emerald added*.
There's a reason I didn't specify post game because the game removed or changed elements for the worst from all over the game, the features it added weren't particularly great by any regard either.

>removing combos and jamming moves from contests
>removing facilities from the battle frontier and changing them all to slight variations on the Tower
>Pokemon encounters changing over the course of a day
This one was an enjoyable idea back in the GB/C days but in real time it's just an utter chore to wait for a specific time/date for a pokemon. HG/SS knocked it up a notch on the annoyance level. That said, Seasons fall under this too but it didn't affect nearly as much seeing as I think only one Pokemon was exclusive to a specific season while the rest just had adjusted encounter rates.
>secret bases all used the same layouts
>removal of secret base battles as well as sharing
In the beginning of the Wifi generation there was no excuse for this because they could be shared in a similar way to the future join avenue NPCs in the sense that every time you go on online and interact with a player it saves that data.
>underground was filled with input lag
>GTS was extremely glitchy
I could continue but you get the point, the negatives far outweigh the positives in this situation and those positives carried over into the later gens for the most part. These also weren't fixed in Platinum which has it's own issues like "saving a lot of data" taking longer than DP, framedrops in large cities and so on.

>in turn,butchered a lot of what Crystal had too
You say that but the player beneficial features and additions all made it over to gen 3, the only things that didn't were gimmicks such as day and night and the pokemon encounters attached to them, I suppose that you could say the Apricorn balls were a loss but you have to remember that gen 3 also introduced new Pokeballs that functioned in a similar way.
The battle tower was also fixed in gen 3.
>>
>>26129469
But why? What was the best part of it catching all of them? The underground? Battle Tower? These are all the parts I kinda like about D/P but Platinum expanded on almost all of them
>>
>>26129389
Volkner's DP Team:
>Raichu, Ambipom, Octillery, Luxray
Volkner's Platinum Team:
>Jolteon, Raichu, Luxray, Electivire
Flint's DP Team:
>Rapidash, Steelix, Drifblim, Lopunny, Infernape
Flint's Platinum Team:
>Houndoom, Flareon, Rapidash, Infernape, Magmortar
It's worth noting that every off-type Pokemon has an on-type move. Volkner's Octillery has Charge Beam, etc.

>>26129469
>>26129516
Same here. I played the shit out of Diamond, before Platinum came out. The Physical/Special split and all the new moves/mechanics made battles the best they'd ever been. I spent days EV training and battling with my friends. You can complain about sneaky pebbles all you want, Gen 4's improvements to the battle system were fucking unreal.
And yeah, Sinnoh is neat.
>>
Sinnoh is one of the best regions the series has to offer. It plays along with the myths behind the story really well imo.

Gonna continue my replay next week
>>
>>26129256
Someone never played Pokemon Ranger.
>>
>>26129256
In addition to the examples mentioned, I really liked how you added the other legendary to your dex. Not sure if I remember correctly, but I think you talked to this old lady in a house in some mountainish area and she gives you a book showing the pokemon. I don't know why, but I fucking loved that. Fit perfectly with character/region design
>>
>>26129283
In Camerupt's defense, it had fucking god tier attack though, and if you gave him the Quick Claw you could get a few really powerful attacks off from the get go
>>
>>26129256
>>Shaymin is referenced by just about everyone in Floaroma
In Platinum due to the Gracedea and even then it's only one NPC, in DPPt there was only the ambigious rock and no connection to Shaymin at all.

>>That little boy is haunted by Darkrai in Canalave and the townspeople make references towards it.
That's probably the worst implementation of it in all honesty, especially when you consider it's counterpart is found in game.

>>26129810
To be fair, Ranger is a gen 3 game.
>>
>>26129810

I played Ranger 1.

>>26129516
Probably because WiFi made Pokémon feel a lot larger. Outside of Gen 1, I mostly played Pokémon on my own until that point.

>>26129888
While they didn't flat-out call it, Floaroma was essentially made because of Shaymin's influence.

And it's still better than Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion who are just kinda there and have literally no place in the game. I kept hearing people refer to Hoopa rings in ORAS but they're never identified as such by anyone.
I also don't really know where Meloetta fits in in Gen 5. Genesect was apparently made by Team Plasma but there's no evidence to any of that in the game.
>>
>>26129283
>b-but gen 3...
Pretty sure as far as the most fire types the main game goes the gens are ranked like

1 > 3 > 5 => 2 > 4
I'm not entirely sure as to where 6 goes because I have yet to play X and Y.

Anyway, fire types are pretty scarce in general but it was pretty retarded to only have two fire type lines, one being the starter line essentially leaving you only with Ponyta, in DP and then making a fire type E4.

I mean as of now there's like 60 or so Fire types. That's not a lot.
>>
>>26129937
>Genesect was apparently made by Team Plasma but there's no evidence to any of that in the game.
Except for the ex-plasma scientist. It would do you some good to explore the game.

As for Meloetta, there isn't really a place for it outside of it's own story, it's the Jirachi, Manaphy, Celebi, Diancie of it's generation.
>>
Posting best Pokemon Center theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXD3UY1aN4
>>
>>26130005
Sounds like some country shit.
Posting best Center theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6K0RH12zo
>>
>>26130005
Generally the OST of D/P/PL is really good
>>
>>26130203
Eh, it's good but not anything special given what we've had in previous and future games. A lot of the music didn't really fit with the theme of discovery and adventure within the games either.
>>
>>26129976
You got me curious, so I went and checked.
These are the number of Fire type families available in each maingame's regional Dex:
XY - 10
BW2 - 11
BW - 6
Plat - 5
DP - 2
RSE - 5
HGSS - 8
GSC - 6
RBY/FRLG - 6

From greatest to least:
BW2 > XY > HGSS > BW = FRLG = GSC = RBY > Plat = RSE > DP

And that's just numbers. There's also the quality and ease of access of the available fire types. For example, in spite of having average to above average number of Fire types, most of Johto's selection is dependent on Fire stones which are incredibly scarce in those games. Dex size is also an issue; XY and BW2 have the biggest regional pokedexes in the series, so it's no surprise they have so many fire types.

Lastly, let's figure out the average number of Fire types in a Pokemon game.
10 + 11 + 6 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 6
= 65
65 / 10
= 6.5
Gen 6.5 confirmed
>>
>>26130017
>not this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OatzH5-Scw
shit taste m8
>>
>>26128868
Fucking 15 year olds...
>>
I've replayed diamond so much that i hate it now
>>
>>26130480
Are you retarded?
>>
>>26130404
It has a very comforting and homey feel to it, same with Johto
>>
Definitely my favorite Pokemon game by far. This was the generation when I really learned about natures and EVs and had a blast with it. I also loved the Pokeradar feature to find things like Togepi that weren't in the regional Pokedex. Togekiss was the absolute best. I actually filled up the whole Pokedex, excluding event Pokemon, and maxed out the clock at 999:59 hours, but probably got another good 500 hours in. It wasn't so much that it was the only thing I did, rarher that I played while doing anything else: I played it while eating, folding laundry, watching movies, everything. Probably a lot of that was me falling asleep, leaving the game on, and then saving, but I played the fuck out of Diamond.
>>
Why is genIV hated as much anyway?
>>
>>26130908
>ruined fan favourite features from the previous generation
>same plot as RSE but blown out of proportion
>terrible cross gen evos
>slow as hell throughout the whole gen
>went hard on gimmicks
>underground was ass
>flat personality rival
>no fire types in a gen with a fire type E4
>>
>>26131002
>terrible cross gen evos
What's wrong with Magnezone and Gallade?
>>
>>26131002
>Terrible crossgen evos
You hating on Gliscor?
>>
>>26131002
>terrible cross gen evos
>togekiss

Try again
>>
>>26131115
>Togekiss
>not the worst offender
>>
>>26130908
I don't hate it, it's just the weakest gen in my persona opinion. When people ask "Order from best to worst in x category" I genuinely do not have to think about where I want to put gen IV on that list because it is always last.

It's weak and unoriginal in every aspect of pokemon. A large percentage of the pokemon introduced in gen IV (more than any other gen) were uninspired evolutions of previous pokemon. And the pokemon that were entirely new were weak in a design and competitive perspective. It's just a bad gen overall.

The only thing I liked about it was the berry farming. That shit was hype.
>>
>>26131147
I love Gen 4's crossgen evos, but the worst by far is either Rypherior or Probobass.
>>
>>26131002
>flat personality rival
Eh, May/Brendan were worse imo.
>>
>>26131192
That's because Wally was your main focus.
>>
>>26131150
>The only thing I liked about it was the berry farming.
And that wasn't even introduced in gen 4.
>>
>>26128868
No. The final Pokémon game will be the best game.

save the best for last.
>>
>>26131248
I guess what I meant was berry farming was at its peak in gen IV with the pokenav (whatever the fuck it's called)
>>
>>26131278
Poketch
Eh, I'd say it's better in ORAS considering the Pokenav has the same berry feature but with the added flying to routes feature
>>
>>26131294
And now that ORAS is here, I can safely say gen IV has nothing on anything anymore to me.
>>
>>26131002
>>ruined fan favourite features from the previous generation
Just like every gen.

>>same plot as RSE but blown out of proportion
More believable than a bunch of hippies taking shit over but I'll concede on this.

>>terrible cross gen evos
You mean terrific?

>>slow as hell throughout the whole gen
Indeed.

>>went hard on gimmicks
Gen 5 does this too with its Dream World.

>>underground was ass
Better than Gen 3's Secret Bases, at least.

>>flat personality rival
True. Still not even as close to the shite that are XY's "rivals" though.

>>no fire types in a gen with a fire type E4
Houndoom, Magmortar, Infernape, Rapidash and Flareon is decent.

>>26131234
Wally literally pops up out of nowhere on Victory Road and pops right back off again. That's not main focus that's 1889 shutter focus mode.

>>26131350
But what will Sinnoh's remakes add?
>>
I really wish Platinum and BW2's WiFi was still around, that shit was cash.
>>
>>26131362
>Houndoom is in Platinum
Thanks for reminding me, I'll be using him on my next playthrough.
>>
>>26128916
The actual consensus is

5>2>4>3>1>6

Based on the best games from each gen (remakes counting as their original gen)
>>
>>26131416
4>3>1>2>6>5
>>
>>26131362
>Just like every gen.
There's a difference between removing the features and ruining them. In this case it still had the frontier, secret bases and contests but removed the parts that people liked about them.

>You mean terrific?
No I mean terrible. They're the whole reason why we had no cross gens in gen 5 and have megas now.

>Gen 5 does this too with its Dream World.
I wouldn't call it a gimmick because it at least served a purpose in giving players hidden ability pokemon.

>Better than Gen 3's Secret Bases
The mere fact that the bases in DPPt only have one layout and don't allow for battles make them worse. Then there's the input lag and the fact that it was the only way to get fossil pokemon.

>Houndoom, Magmortar, Infernape, Rapidash and Flareon is decent.
Mostly directed towards DP, in any case four readily available lines isn't a lot for a game with a late game trainer dedicated to the type.
>>
>>26131416
4>5>3>2>6>1
>>
>>26131362
>Wally literally pops up out of nowhere on Victory Road
Petalburg
Mauville
Vurdanturf
Victory Road
These are all the places you can converse with Wally and through those four encounters he's shown more development than most rivals.

Also what do you mean "out of nowhere" when during the Mauville encounter he was eager to take on a gym?
>>
>>26129111
>Can we agree this is the best game?

>Hasn't played each game

Fuck your thread
>>
>>26131548
>There's a difference between removing the features and ruining them. In this case it still had the frontier, secret bases and contests but removed the parts that people liked about them.

Aside from the Frontier, people liked those features? Secret Bases necessitated a group of irl friends to do anything with them and it's basically a knock-off of gen's 2 room+Viridian trainer house and I honestly can't recall what you did in Contests (aside from spam Thunderpunch + Ice Punch to win Beauty Contests with my Medicham)

>No I mean terrible. They're the whole reason why we had no cross gens in gen 5 and have megas now.
I found them to be great. Aside from stinkers like Lickilicky and Tangrowth, others like Froslass, Roserade, Weavile, Gliscor, Electivire, Leafeon, Glaceon, Mismagius, Honchkrow and Gallade were great. The others I'm lukewarm about.

>I wouldn't call it a gimmick because it at least served a purpose in giving players hidden ability pokemon.
And it's currently dead. Meaning if you ever replay gen V you're SOL if you want berries or some other Pokémon.

>The mere fact that the bases in DPPt only have one layout and don't allow for battles make them worse. Then there's the input lag and the fact that it was the only way to get fossil pokemon.
Digging for fossils was the only time in the main series that getting fossils was actually fun and made sense. I could spend hours digging away in the Underground, I had a blast with it.

>Mostly directed towards DP, in any case four readily available lines isn't a lot for a game with a late game trainer dedicated to the type.
You forego the right to shittalk about Gen IV when in the same post you talk about features from Emerald. Either you compare RS to DP or you compare RSE to DPPt.
>>
>>26129937
Volcanion is mentioned in Lumiose City by the head of the newspaper who went looking for one. It really sucks that that's the only explicit reference in the games to the 6th gen mythicals, though.
I would've loved to go to some room inside of reflecting cave and hear about Diancie.
>>
>>26131810
Gen 6 in general feels kinda unconnected.
>>
>>26131691
>it's basically a knock-off of gen's 2 room
You mean improvement considering it wasn't locked to one area and wasn't extremely glitchy.
And yes people did like those features, contests because it provided a good alternative to battle and even had some depth to it which was removed in gen 4 and the battle frontier, well, I don't have to go into detail because you saw that around the time of the ORAS leaks.

>Meaning if you ever replay gen V you're SOL if you want berries or some other Pokémon
If you're playing Black and White.
In BW2 you can buy the necessary berries and older pokemon are available across the entire region as well as HA pokemon in grottoes.
Also in Black and White older pokemon were available in the post game.
The dreamworld didn't matter as much as you think it does.

>Digging for fossils was the only time in the main series that getting fossils was actually fun and made sense.
Your personal experience doesn't make it a good feature anon unless you want to argue that Sonic 06 was good too.

>You forego the right to shittalk about Gen IV when in the same post you talk about features from Emerald.
Yes and?
This is about gen 4 as a whole, including HGSS and Platinum.

>Either you compare RS to DP or you compare RSE to DPPt.
You are aware I have been doing the latter right?
And again, four lines is a paltry number for a game that has a late game trainer dedicated to the type. At the very least there should have been six.
>>
Which of gen 4's is generally looked up most to?
>>
>>26128916
This. But people on this board won't admit it because muh remakes of gold and silver were goat fallacy.
>>
>>26131589
>This is what autistic sinohfetuses believe.
>>
>>26132683
but Drayano hacks of HG/SS were awesome
>>
>>26131416
>>26131461
>>26131589

3>2>1>4>5>6
>>
>>26135381
Storm Silver is an A++ hack and if you don't like it you're objectively wrong
>>
>>26132683
HGSS is Gen 2
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.