[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Pokemon Sun and Moon will be the new Johto as Kalos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Johto_SS_Aqua_Map.png (14KB, 362x145px) Image search: [Google]
Johto_SS_Aqua_Map.png
14KB, 362x145px
Do you think Pokemon Sun and Moon will be the new Johto as Kalos was to Kanto?

When Gold and Silver were released, one of the biggest surprises was the ability to travel back to Kanto.

Do you think theres a possibility the new games will include this ability, since many kalos questions have been left unanswered? It could shed more light on the history of the war and provide an opportunity to flesh out zygarde more appropriately. It could be the reason why the made an extension because it may have more content.

Would you like this?

Do you think Gamefreak is capable or willing to make a game with two regions?
>>
File: 1449556035378.gif (984KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1449556035378.gif
984KB, 400x222px
>>26119995
>>
No it will be closer to BW2. Just with new Pokemon and new region.

>b-but that's the same as GSC!
no because GSC had new battle mechanics and slightly new graphics. SM won't.
>>
>>26120030
You don't know if SM will have new battle mechanics/better graphics or not you idiot.
>>
>>26120030
Yes, it is literally the same as GSC. B2W2 also had new battle mechanics, they were just "banned" when battling B1W1 players. B2W2 also had slightly better graphics, too.
>>
>>26119995
>It all comes togheter into one big pokemon adventure!

my bet is that they'll try the ultimate fanservice and make the phantomatic game with all (or at least a good chunk) regions for the 20th anniversy and it's going to result into a really clunky experience

Really hoping i'm wrong though
>>
>>26120111
Why would they ever do that? You would collect the 8 badges and beat the elite four of the new region and then post game? Oh yeah, do that 6 more times. The level system already blows in these games so exactly like what happened in GSC, you would sweep every trainer and just walk around the areas looking for hidden max revives.
>>
>>26120470
well that didn't stop them from keeping Kanto that way in gen 2
>>
>>26120075
Yes I do.

>>26120081
>B2W2 also had new battle mechanics
No it didn't.

>B2W2 also had slightly better graphics
It's the same as BW.
>>
>>26121011
And we know how Pokemon loves to keep gimmicks around.
That's like saying your whole party of pokemon will follow you because that didn't stop them from doing it in HG/SS
>>
>>26121038
>gimmicks
didn't mention any gimmicks m8, just bad game design in favor of pandering, which GF is famous for
>>
>>26119995
I've been thinking this since day 1, that SM would be like gen 2 and we could visit at least part of Kalos, with the Zygarde story being wrapped up this way.
>>
File: 1404530060157.png (735KB, 823x639px) Image search: [Google]
1404530060157.png
735KB, 823x639px
>>26119995
Sure. We will be able to travel back. But only to mountain kalos. In particular, only to zygarde's cave and the two cities near it. Stop.
>post yfw
>>
>>26121022
>Yes I do.
No, you literally don't

>No it didn't.
Yes it did.

>It's the same as BW.
You must be blind then.
>>
>>26121051
>game design in favor of pandering
Are you fucking with me? How is that not a gimmick? You just defined it.
>>
>>26121051
They didn't even put the battle frontier in ORAS and you think they're going to make a game with all the regions?
>>
>>26121121
i was saying bad design in general, not just the multiple region thing

>>26121142
the BF is a smaller place but there's a lot going on in it, if they want to get lazy but still trick people they can just simply cram all togheter even if the result are that the game looks empty and still lacking of its own identity and features like most "modern open world" games

Probably won't happen though, mine was just a theory
>>
>>26119995
I hope not, Kanto was the worst addition in the Gen 2 games and affected them in a terrible way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.