[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do people on here shit on this game? Everything outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: oras.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oras.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
So why do people on here shit on this game? Everything outside of this place seems pretty positive. I just bought a new 3ds and this game so was just wondering.
>>
>>26109112

>So why do people on here shit on this game?

Because it's shit.
>>
>>26109112
Too much casual pandering.
>>
>>26109126
why is it shit.
>>
>>26109127
if i disable xp share would that make it at least as difficult as the original?
>>
>>26109112
>b-but rehash
>the raping of mauville
>m-muh frontier
>wally actually growing a pair and shattering my dream of beating an asthmatic kid and his stupid pet until they stop bothering me
>>
>>26109112
/vp/ is a bunch of brainwashed owlfags who are shitting on every game.
>>
It's not bad, though it's not amazing either. Most people are just salty over no battle frontier
>>
>>26109112
There was a lot of hype surrounding this game, literal YEARS of "Hoenn confirmed" memeing on /vp/, and the previous remakes (HGSS) are regarded among the best Pokemon games overall.

ORAS fell short of those expectations by omitting content from Emerald and making the game noticeably easier:
>you're handed a Lati@s halfway through the game
>your rival shows up to heal and teleport you so you don't get lost
>it uses Gen 6's easy mode Experience Share

As a game it's fine, but in the context /vp/ views it through ORAS has a lot to answer for. On the plus side they did a good job fleshing out the characters and several parts of Hoenn look damn beautiful.
>>
>>26109112
It's not bad but people expected more, so while ORAS itself is fine, fans found it extremely disappointing(especially considering how HGSS surpassed everyone expectation)
>>
>>26109271
>complaining about 3 things that are all optional
>>
>>26109271
>literal YEARS of "Hoenn confirmed" memeing on /vp/
That was more the anti-hoenn shitters. Patternfags stopped after Black and White 2 were confirmed and then the hoenn shitters came around with their water trumpets, "hurn cunfirm" etc etc.

Then the younglings came along thinking it was the norm and it never stopped.

>(HGSS) are regarded among the best Pokemon games overall.
They aren't, they're relatively high but not regarded as the best.
>>
>>26109112
It's quite literally MUH BATTLE FRONTIER and nothis else.

OR/AS were good games OP that is why you say everyone outside of /vp/ agrees they are good too, because /vp/ is a hilarious small minority that circlejerks to Gen V games like nobody's business. Funny because post game content became a thing starting with BW2 so it only makes sense these underage shitters expected BF in OR/AS.
>>
>>26109311
THIS
>>
It's kind of bland. Gen 3 was my favorite gen, and Emerald was my favorite game, but there are no Emerald elements in this game.

It's a straight up remake of Sapphire and Ruby, not emerald.
The whole Battle Frontier thing at the end was a complete slap in the face as well.
They couldn't even update XY to handle the new Megas as well.

So many things could have been better with this game.
>>
>>26109316
Dude, HGSS, BW2 and Platinum are always acknowledged as the best pokemon games.
The conflict only rises when we try to determine which one is the absolute best, because reaching an agreement on that is basically impossible( especially if the Emeraldfags arrive)
>>
Its a meme
>>
>>26109360
>HG/SS and Platinum
Far from it. The gen 4 games aren't really regarded well outside of their fanbases and such for good reason due to the poorly done engine and the fact that it only covered up the faults of their previous games.

Same goes with Black and White 2 but a higher degree due to the amount of people that didn't finish it or even play it. And this goes for outside of /vp/ as well.
>>
>>26109112
It's a horrible representation of Hoenn. That region has the potential to be the most interesting place in the whole franchise and GF blew it for the second time.
>>
>>26109145
But /vp/ loves gen v
>>
>>26109271

I would agree that OR AS wasn't necessarily a bad game, but it just fell way short of expectations. I think it had the potential to be the best pokemon games ever if they didn't leave out certain things or make some of the decisions they made
>>
7.8/10 too much water
>>
>>26109771
So much this. And making it in other dimension doesn't help.
>>
Other than pokemon XY and the MGS port, it's the only game in the 3DS quality library that is not really good.
>>
>>26109112
It was pretty obviously rushed, kinda lazily made, and didn't fix very many problems of the original ruby/sapphire.

It's still an improvement, but we were expecting an improvement indicative of 10 years worth of hindsight from GF, what we got were improvements that you'd hear from a group of three friends talking about after math class in fifth grade.
>>
>>26109271
I still don't understand the hate for the new experience share, I really don't. It seems totally illogical. One of the most common complaints about a lot of RPGs is the grind. You never have to grind at all with the experience share once you get it. It's not like okemon ever was a hard game to begin with, and the meat of the game is the multiplayer anyway. The experience share cut their losses, making the main game faster and easier to get through to get to the core gameplay even if it did technically make an already easy game mind-numbingly easy.
>>
>>26109112
The Hoenn of Emerald was much better than the original, and returning to Hoenn without these improvements, I have felt that there were many things missing.

Is not only the battle frontier.
>>
File: fug.png (178KB, 278x430px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
178KB, 278x430px
>>26109112
Completely ignores everything in Emerald, which could be expanded into 3-5 points easily regarding things like the Frontier, rematches, and added locations
Removes the Safari Game (inb4 "the game is better without it")
Removes the Game Corner (inb4 "the game is better without it")
Truncates areas like Granite Cave, New Mauville, and Mt. Pyre
Lati@s shoved into your party after five badges; you can walk back to the nearest Pokémon Center to deposit it but the gesture is still offensive
Gen 6 casualizations (overpowered new Exp. Share, overpowered Amie bonuses that cannot be removed without trading) continue to break the level curve irreparibly if not disabled and avoided
Contests casualized
Route gates everywhere because Game Freak can't optimize
Mauville replaced with an ugly-looking giant mall because of said route gate issue
Delta Episode is garbage, nothing but fetch quests 80% of the way through and centering around a horribly written Mary Sue (inb4 that one guy who claims we're all idiots for not finding her perfect)
This is completely personal taste but half the songs feel butchered from the original to me, completely changing the instrumentation and tone of the songs, this is especially noticeable in Techno Route 113 with its shitty snapping noises
Middle finger given to every player of the original RSE with the "Battle Frontier coming soon! :^)" statue

>inb4 someone replies to every single point with "it's better without it," "you can ignore it," and/or "it never added that much to the game you're exaggerating"
>>
File: Prince albert in a can.gif (702KB, 206x287px) Image search: [Google]
Prince albert in a can.gif
702KB, 206x287px
>HURR IF IT'S OPTIONAL THEN IT ISN'T A FLAW

I'm seeing a lot of that bullshit from people trying to defend this game and its starting to get irritating.

If a game PUSHES something at you, that, if used, makes the game easier, that is a flaw. That act of pandering in itself is a flaw. Whether it's optional or not, it takes away enjoyment.

Why the flying FUCK should any gamer have to go out of their own fucking way to make the game HARDER for themselves because the game keeps offering you shit? The fact that it's offering shit in the first place is a flaw. It's in the game, it takes away enjoyment for older players, its a flaw.

>HURR POKEMON IS A CHILDRENS GAME THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT EASY AND OFFER LOTS OF LEGENDARIES

Except they fucking DON'T because literally every Pokemon game (before Gen 6) had a feeling of accomplishment and a raw focus on gameplay and story. Even Ruby and Sapphire, the games that got remade, have a much greater feeling of accomplishment. If you want a game where you can catch every legendary ever, wank over Mega Evolutions (which is sadly the main focus of the fucking remake) and stroll through the gyms without a care in the world, this embarrassment of a remake is for you.
>>
>>26110281
>every Pokemon game (before Gen 6) had [...] a raw focus on [...] story
Objectively false and I wonder if you actively and truly believe this yourself. The story focus is very much a recent thing as of BW. Admittedly BW/BW2 were probably THE most story-centric games (which is before Gen 6), the following games still had a focus (or in the case of ORAS, an increased focus) on the story. Besides that, the implication that the story is somehow relative to the difficulty of the game is astounding that I once again have a hard time believing you actually believe it yourself. The easiness of the game and the feeling of "accomplishment" you get by beating certain aspects (did you really get any genuine feeling of "accomplishment" as an adult from beating any part of a pokemon game other than outright beating the campaign entirely and parts outside of the story, such as breeding that perfect Pokemon or getting that shiny you really wanted) is generally speaking totally unrelated to the quality or focus on the story. In fact, most games with a story focus actually tend towards the "easy" spectrum which is probably another reason why the games have been getting easier as well. Not a hard and fast rule but if you can genuinely tell me you truly believe in your heart of hearts that RSE had a greater focus on the story than ORAS did then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>26109311
You forgot to mention that people have been complaining about HMs for years. ORAS gives you teleports so that you don't have to get back to the center to get the HM slave and backtrack. Not to mention only 1 teleport is forced on the player.

People are retards. Just look at >>26110270
>>
>>26110367
>>26110270

But he's right though
>>
File: 7495.jpg (71KB, 360x403px) Image search: [Google]
7495.jpg
71KB, 360x403px
>>26110367
He's a retard for disagreeing with you?
>>
I really liked them. It made me like Hoenn more.
>>
>>26109112
>why does everyone shit on this game
Let me see…
>it didn't have enough nostalgiafag pandering
>it had an entirely optional easy mode
>it had the occasional frame spike during battle(and people never whine about gen 4 even though every game in that gen was sluggish in it's entirety)
>it built upon itself unlike FR/LG and HG/SS which added next to nothing aside from being a reskin
>they don't like the fact that you're allowed to get legendaries from previous gens without having to play those gens then pass them on up to their current gen
>it didn't have their beloved BF even though anyone with a brain knew the battle chateau would be there instead
All in all, if you're not an autist manchild then you'll like the game. Also, if you care about difficulty, turn off the Exp. Share when you get it.
>>
>>26109316
I personally regard them as the best along with OR/AS
>>
>>26109130
No challenge

No uniqueness like other remakes (Sevii+Battle Fronteir and Safari Zone)

No customization

Too many handouts

Too streamlined

Already shit region

I can go on......
>>
>>26109139
No megas or handouts. The move pools are better and it's easier to get mons and heart scales so it's still no....
>>
>>26109139
Yes. If you do or don't use M-Lati@s, it won't really make a difference considering what a shitmon it is.
>>
>>26110354

You're overblowing this.

I meant a ''raw focus on gameplay and story'' as a way of saying ''a solid game that isn't littered with gimmicks and bonuses''.

Yeah, ORAS had a more in depth story than RSE, but ORAS cluttered up the game with all that Mega Evolution bullshit and other gimmicks, which meant a lack of focus.

Just watch the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6zP7n0ais

It starts off with a babby's first Pokemon introduction, before immediately switching to ''HEY MEGAS MEGAS MEGA EVOLUTION LOOK MEGA EVOLUTION EXISTS'' No mention of the civil war between Magma and Aqua, no mention of the actual story. Just Megas. Because in the end, that's all the game was really about. The story getting more fleshed out was inevitable considering the GBA's limitations. ORAS lacked that pure focus on offering a story and just littered it with fanservice.

tl;dr, ORAS was literally Mega Evolution: A Hoenn Adventure.
>>
File: 1460959191986.jpg (402KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
1460959191986.jpg
402KB, 730x780px
>>26110797
I know this is bait but I have to ask anyway, how did HGSS not build upon GSC? It expanded Kanto, fleshed out and added characters, added new events and QoL features, and most importantly, kept 99% of the features in GSC. Your constant hate on the best remakes in an attempt to prop up the worst as being better confuses me, there are surely easier targets.
>>
>>26110620
No, but "the gesture is still offensive" marks him as one.
Not that a good 50% of the rest of the post isn't also crap.

>>26110828
>HGSS BF
>uniqueness
Yeah, no.
HGSS also has no challenge(if not easier than gen 6 as a whole), ORAS handouts are mainly reserved for the postgame(the only added ones from RSE are Lati@s and Pikachu) unlike GSC which just dumps 7 Pokemon on you.
>>
>>26110897
>mega evolution was something mentioned like 5 times in the actual game
>ABLOOBLOO MUH GAME IS RUINED BECAUSE THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT A GIMMICK I DON'T LIKE
Fuck off you manchild
>>
Playing through OR/AS for the first time myself at the moment, its pretty shit.

Been teleporting around the map most of the game and don't need to use any potions or status heals because NPCs keep healing my pokemon after an event. Every gym leader has been made easier than in R/S/E and the music is completely butchered.

And on a personal note, some things just irk me in it. The route to Lillycove was one of my favourite routes in Pokemon but it looks like garbage in OR/AS and Steven used to be my favourite champion but they keep forcing him down my throat in this to the point I've started to resent the character. It's a really poor remake thus far.
>>
>>26110897
Compared to Black and White 2 trailer it was really shit, with little effort being shown. ORAS just showed mega battling each other and the champion. With a mega.... BW2 showed hiking hrs from the story. Which is ironic because BW2 has a shitty story (Still my favorite games)
>>
>>26110916

>HGSS also has no challenge (if not easier than gen 6 as a whole)

Not the guy you're replying to so I'm not in a position to argue, but jesus fucking christ that is completely untrue in literally every regard.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 860x650px
>>26110908
>expanded Kanto
>fleshed out and added new characters
>>26110916
Well HG/SS actually has challenge but that's just the broken level curve they didn't fix. The only challenge is constant tedious grinding.
>>
>>26110928

>defending a game designed for literal children (as confirmed by Masuda)

>calling someone else a manchild

wew lad x2
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 488x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 488x462px
>>26110942
How about we play spot the liar
>>
>>26110916
The gesture is offensive. Not in a tumblr sense but in a "person walks behind you and slaps your GF on the ass" sense.

Imagine you were a child playing with your favorite toy and someone smacked it out of your hand, gave you a shiny new one you didn't care about, and told you "you have to play with this toy now." You could just go back to playing with the old one after the person left but wouldn't that be an unpleasant experience? Wouldn't that sour your day? Lati@s is like that, it doesn't harm you permanently but it's still a "why the fuck did you do that" moment.

>HGSS also has no challenge
>praises the game where every criticism on its difficulty is deflected by "turn off and ignore [half a dozen separate things] if you want the game to be hard, it's meant for kids!"
>>
>>26110928
Archie Maxie Steven Lisia You Your Rival (Arune was supposed to have one) Zinnia. MEGA RAYQUAZA all of the Elite 4 Courtney Matt did we play the same game?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 547x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 547x500px
>>26110961
>a game literally designed for children
>because OR/AS is the only Pokémon game for children
Congratulations, you just played yourself.
>>
>>26110928

>all of the post game story devoted to the origins of Mega evolution
>your starter can Mega Evolve
>given the ability to fly on a Latios, but only after it Mega Evolves
>front cover features the Mega Evolv... ahem oh sorry the ''Primal Reversions'' of Kyogre and Groudon

are you retarded?
>>
>>26109112
No battle frontier is pretty much my only gripe.

Huge gripe though and it put a damper on the game as a whole for me.
>>
>>26110942
ORAS is not hard, true. RSE, however, was not either. No Pokemon game was hard. So why criticize that if you know Pokemon isn't difficult, wasn't difficult, and will probably never be difficult? Being a challenge is not what Pokemon games are for. It's like criticizing Pokemon games for not having real time strategy gameplay. It's not what the games are about and it's never been a factor that it once had and was taken away.
>>
>>26110975
Well they did make gym leaders easier than emerald, just check it out anon. He as right about that, but they did next to nothing for the Gym leaders from R/S.

You rival heals your Pokemon after the first gym battle before mt Chimney before and after South Island (Lati@s home) and just taking you to Petalburg and Mauvile city is just lame

Do some fucking research before calling someone out
>>
>>26110979
This is a bad Ana logy because no one is slapping anything out of anybody's hands especially not a kid's. Analogies are pretty flawed in general but it's more like if someone gave that kid a sweet new toy but then the kid just decided not to play with it because he doesn't like it.
>>
>>26111085

The idea of the analogy is the fact that someone else forced the toy out of your hand and put the new toy in. IE a teammate of yours and forced Latias.

Like he said you can just go to the pokemon center to deposit it, it's not the inconvenience that bothered him but the fact that you are forced to put Lai@s into your party in the first place that was a rude gesture
>>
File: 1460906192597.png (65KB, 792x586px) Image search: [Google]
1460906192597.png
65KB, 792x586px
>>26111004

Please stop. It's been common knowledge on /vp/ since like early last year that Gen 6 was more catered to children with low attention spans.

Yeah, alright ''hurr pokemon is a childrens franchise''. Yeah, I'm not thick. But so are Pixar movies. But what keeps the series afloat with older audiences is that there's something there for EVERYONE.

The slimmer this appeal becomes, the slimmer the audience becomes. Game Freak really went out of their way to appeal to the demographic they can't afford to lose: children.

Nobody's played anybody, you're just stupidly out of the loop.
>>
>>26110960
Off the top of my head for Kanto
>Viridian Forest
>Pewter Museum
>Routes between Lavender and Fuschia have been returned to their original length after being truncated in Gen 2
>Seafoam Islands (and a Gym for Blaine instead of a tiny featureless cave)
>Cerulean Cave

It could still be better but it's a noticeable difference. They even returned some of the cut music like Cerulean City/Route 14/Cinnabar Island.

As to characters
>every Gym Leader given phone numbers and an event to find them that gives them more dialogue
>debatable on whether these are fleshed out characters or new ones entirely but all four Rocket Admins
>Maximo (not big but he's Aarune-tier at least)
>Lyra/Ethan if you picked the opposite as your player
>Kimono Girls all given individual events
>Silver given ties to Giovanni, an event in the Radio Tower, and an overall better framing for his hatred of Team Rocket

>>26111085
If you have a full party they literally force you to deposit it so they can shove it into your party. They do the same with Rayquaza later and it's even worse because they do it right before putting you in several battles that it singlehandedly stomps.
>>
The literal only reason that it's shit is because there's nothing to fucking do after you finish up the delta episode and get your legendaries.

The battle mason got boring after a year in X and Y. When these remakes were announced I was hoping for some content that could really spruce up the stagnating battles.

We could of had a fucking inverse battle frontier added or something.
>>
>>26111124
Don't forget GB sounds or the extra routes plus safari zone
>>
>>26111157
I counted Safari Zone under events and GB Sounds under QoL features but you're right about the two new routes in Johto.
>>
>>26110951
How is it untrue?

>>26111061
The only ones that are really affected are Wattson, Flannery and Juan. Because surely you aren't telling me shitty Spinda and Linoone are good substitutes for a second Slaking?
>>
>>26110281
>easy mode is a flaw

Difficult games do exist and Pokémon isn't one of them. Stop trying to force the series to pander to your preferences.

The series was made "easier" and more accessible to keep casual interest due to competition from mobile games. Companies know people have short ass attention spans and they don't want their games losing playability to mobile games, which are simple and easy to pick up and enjoy. The market is just changing in this direction and there's little to be done about that. This was flat out addressed by the developers.

There's nothing insulting with getting a legend handed to you. Just go box it. There are dozens of other legends you can go catch, yet haters zero in on this one event where they give you a lati for the purpose of an in game gimmick as if the game is personally insulting you.

None of the games have EVER been challenging, they've just been grindy. The exp all removes that grinding aspect. I went through pokemon x just battling trainers I came across and catching most things in the area and never felt super over levelled. The game also never forces you to use it, it never even mentions it after they initially hand it to you.

I'm almost 30 years old and not nearly as triggered by this game as you apparently are, so maybe it's a flaw with your personality, not the game?
>>
I'll sum it up for you OP

>muh

>battle

>frontier

Underage kids who dont fealize the true post game is moving on to battle sims online because they remember a few shitty modes from their childhoods
>>
>>26111106
But again the dlaw withe analogy is that making you have to deposit a Pokemon for a bit if you have a full team is not the same kind of gesture as slapping a toy out of a kid's hands and shoving a new one into then. I get the purpose but it's just a fact that the gestures are not really compare. It's like if a game was so hard that it was like slapping the shit out of your wife. People like hard games, but notnslapping their wives.
>>
>>26109127
Good, that allows you to get to the Battle Resort faster
>>
>FRLG adds a mini region
>HGSS adds new routes and expands Kanto to FRLG size, includes Pt battle frontier
>ORAS adds mirage islands and some secret bases
The content ORAS had over RSE was pathetic compared to the last two remake batches. It's inexcusable. Thry might not be bad games but why even remake them if all you're gonna add is legendary encounters and cosplay Pikachu? HGSS even had features from Crystal like Eusine but ORAS literally copypaste the battle area from XY.
>>
>>26111339

So essentially, what you're saying is:

>Pokemon games have always been easy, so making a Pokemon game that's twice as easy shouldn't be a problem for Pokemon fans. Also, box any legendaries handed out to you, despite the fact that you and many others already addressed the issues behind this.

Not a great argument honestly
also

>there are dozens of other legends you can go catch

You're really not making a very good point about ''ORAS isn't easy''. I'm pretty sure some of those legendaries are available around the third gym. Yet another issue with this game that you've reminded me of. Thanks.

Once again, shit being handed out instead of being earnt is a problem. ORAS is rife with these issues. There's no sugar-coating it.
>>
It's opinions, which is why this fucking topic gets posted like 20 times a day. Anyone who gives a criticism is considered a nostalgiafag and anyone who likes the new stuff is considered underage.
I love the extra bottom screen things and Flying is super cool now, so it felt like a good trek to me. FRLG felt weird to me since the Sevii Islands weren't as interesting as I thought it'd be, but HGSS definitely did get quite a lot of work put in.

I feel sad about missing out on the Battle Frontier, but I could understand why it was left out (time restraints most likely). Megas felt like a fun inclusion that I wish got fleshed out more, since it'd be fun trying to see people fight Mega Beedrills or other neat types of battles. The only reason I initially started with a bad taste for ORAS at all was because /vp/ bitched about it enough to somehow sour me, until I actually picked the game up and judged it for myself.
>>
>>26111647
How is it "not a great argument"? Ignoring that that wasn't the argument, and the post you're replying to actually explained the position instead of just the simplified version there.
>>
>>26111525
>dexnav doesn't exist
>neither does soaring
>or the delta episode
>or the battle resort
>or sea mauville
OR/AS haters, everyone.
>>
>>26111832
Sea Mauvile was in RSE....

I already have fly....

Delta was shit travel back to forth for m-Fug

Emerald's Battle frontier was 100x better, while their already was a battle tower

You're a retard
>>
>>26111661
This. Somebody reasonable on this board is very rare these days
>>
>>26111372
>battle sims

No thanks, I enjoy fighting more than the same 20 Pokémon endlessly, and I could make that statement about both Smogon and VGC. And the only Frontier-esque format on Showdown is random battles being like the factory, and even that lacks the steady progression of slowly buiding your shitty random team up by taking Pokémon from your opponent so it loses half the draw in my eyes.

I guess there are those Other Metas with wackier rulesets but I've tried to play those once or twice; each time I attempted it they had almost no players at all.
>>
>>26111832
Dexnav and soaring are nice features, but there's nothing functionally different or unique about the rest.

The Delta episode was just retreading all over the region, and even then none of that was inherently different then what was already offered in the base game. It also doesn't help that Delta episode was about two hours.
Battle Resort, again, was nothing really unique. We've had a generic battle facility all the way since Crystal version.
Sea Mauville suffers from the same issues the above two features did. Also we already had an abandoned ship to begin with.

Relative to the previous remakes, the amount of effort put into ORAS was just really underwhelming. There's very little to justify me coming back to the game that I haven't already done in the other games.
>>
File: 1453360808247.jpg (60KB, 482x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453360808247.jpg
60KB, 482x768px
>>26111435
>>26111525
>listing the Battle Resort as a selling point

It has fucking nothing there besides the Maison and a breeding route that's ruined by the annoying slowdown sand, and you should just inject on the latter count anyway.
>>
>>26112140
Meant to quote >>26111832, not >>26111525
>>
>>26112115
The fact that there's that whole convenient breeding and hatching route is really nice. Not to argue with your opinions, since it makes sense, I just thought it had a lot of effort still put into it.

My bigger problem is with all games not having some really fun thing to do if you already caught them all. BW2 had the subway and 100 person tower, but that's all I could remember that isn't a Frontier thing. Colosseum and GoD had some neat postgames.
>>26112140
Not everyone injects, or can nowadays. It's nice for speeding up the whole egg move process, since getting a 5IV ain't even that long. Also, it's silly to discount the resort because of injecting, because there's no reason a developer would even consider that.
>>
>>26112435
It's not particularly hard to put a long, obstacle-free route near the Daycare of a region. Literally every region except I'm not sure about Kanto has one. Johto has Route 34/Goldenrod/Route 35 in a line, Emerald (and to a lesser extent RS but Emerald improved it by removing another obstacle) had Verdanturf/Route 117/Mauville/Route 118 before ORAS fucked it up by putting a giant mall with multiple route gates in its way, Sinnoh had Solaceon and the routes north and south of it, Unova had Route 3, and Kalos had Camphrier/Route 5/Route 7.

ORAS didn't go the extra mile by putting this path here, they just fixed one of the fuckups they caused by putting Mallville there.
>>
>>26112435
>The fact that there's that whole convenient breeding and hatching route is really nice.

Oh no I definitely agree, it's just that, like the anon above me said, there's nothing particularly groundbreaking about it(and unfortunately it's even hampered by that slow sand. At least it loops though).
And unfortunately both breeding and egg hatching had lost their appeal to me long before even the debut of Gen 6, so again it's just become a matter of doing something I hadn't already done in the previous games.

>BW2 had the subway and 100 person tower, but that's all I could remember that isn't a Frontier thing.
There was also that movie minigame which worked almost exactly like the Battle CD's in CoL/XD, except they had several different outcomes/endings. That streepass mall was also interesting.
Can't remember what other neat features BW2/HGSS had, but it was the things like these that helped break up the repetition of the game that I personally appreciated.

ORAS to me was just a retread of a lot of previous ideas that made it easily lose its appeal to me, with little else to do outside of the main game that wasn't just catching all pokemon. I suppose there were were the Contests and Secret Bases for that, but the former was only really gone for just one gen, with the latter not really being engaging enough to bring me back to the game(I still loved the idea of it though).
>>
>>26112435
Are you forgetting the PWT....? The place where you fight every gym leader ever and if you are good enough every champion with a remixed theme? Smogon strats and items included.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.