[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Grass type Pokémon so unpopular compared to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1461882698164.png (1MB, 1024x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1461882698164.png
1MB, 1024x1098px
Why are Grass type Pokémon so unpopular compared to the other starter types?
>>
Because people get tired of seeing fugly shit like pic related online
>>
Because fire is cool and edgy, water is sleek and flexible, and grass is lazy and probably poisonous.
>>
File: Bulbasaur Turtwig pots.png (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bulbasaur Turtwig pots.png
103KB, 480x640px
Grass a best

>>26102230
>Ferrothorn
>ugly
Besides, Ferrothorn wasn't even a thing until gen 5. There were virtually no competitively good grass types outside of gen 1 Eggy until gen 3.
>>
>>26102264
>blastoise
>sleek and flexible
>>
>>26102201
Weak coverage moves, every water type seems to be packing Ice Beam. How many grass types learn Earth Power?
>>
>>26102201
>Why are Grass type Pokémon so >unpopular compared to the other starter >types?

Lie.
>>
I have literally always picked the grass starter, my entire 20 years of playing this game, outside of Gen 2.

Let's review:

>Grass dinosaur
>Grass dinosaur
>Tree samurai
>Tree turtle
>Vine snake
>Chestnut hedgehog

Compare this fucking lineup of hardcore monsters to:

>fire pig
>fire badger
>fire monkey
>fire chicken
>memekip
>penguedge

Grass type V monkey is also the best monkey

The grass type and its starters are based as FUCK and no one can ever deny that
>>
>>26102295
>How many grass types learn Earth Power?

Balance out against fire (type) Pokémon.
>>
>>26102201

Too many weaknesses: Poison, Bug, Flying, Fire and Ice. Whilst fire has Rock, Ground and Water, and Water is only weak to Grass and Electric.
>>
I've loved grass types since Gen 1. They're always my go to starter for a new gen.

<spoiler>Except Snivy. Idk why but it and it's evolutions never appealed to me. </spoiler>
>>
>>26102384
How do I keep fucking up this tag
>>
>>26102358
Combine that with the fact that grass sucks, makes water more OP.
>>
>>26102278
In general. Also Blastoise can learn Ice beam and various other coverage moves, it falls in the "flexible" category quite easily.
>>
>>26102394
I don't know anon.
>>
>>26102394
Just press ctrl+S you fucking newfag mongoloid
>>
>>26102358
not the mention the shit ass abilities and moves. they are more like a support type so no one wants to start with the no-damage mon.
>>
>>26102331
That's not what I asked. It was a rhetorical question whose implication was to highlight the imbalance of having Ice Beam available to most if not all water types but Earth Power not used accordingly.
>>
>>26102326
>Chestnut hedgehog
Terrible taste.
>>
>>26102397

True. And since the Electric type only has that one single, solitary weakness to ground (and isn't weak to any ice beams thrown your way), you'd usually want to use an Electric type to take on a water pokemon over a using a grass pokemon to do it.
>>
>>26102201
It depends on the version and the Pokémon. For example, Sceptile's movepool is horrible, while Torterra is just fine, except that it's slow.
>>
>>26102407
I'm a mobilefag
>>
File: Torterra.gif (54KB, 427x468px) Image search: [Google]
Torterra.gif
54KB, 427x468px
>>26102546
Only because Torterra gets STAB earthquake.

sorry bro
>>
>>26102201
Even Electric-type is more popular.

>Vaporeon, Flareon, and... JOLTEON?!
>Suicune, Entei, and... RAIKOU?!
>opportunity to create Grass Bird Ho-Oh
>"NO! MORE FIRE!"
>original evolutionary stones look like neat crystals
>except Leaf Stone
>it's a leaf stapled to a rock.
>>
Most complain about Grass having too many weaknesses. Another matter is that there's only a handful of Grass pokemon that are worth it even if you wanted to. For me, Grass doesn't have a lot of appealing pokemon. The ones that even look interesting are mostly the starters and a few others.
>>
>>26102649
Leaf stone is supposed to look like a fossil, that's pretty cool.
>>
My favorite type is actually grass but the numerous weaknesses are a big issue with them.

Also some Grass types have horrible move pools.
>>
>le epic priority brave vird xd
>>
>>26102230
enough

>>26102264
>fire is cool
>fire
>cool

>>26102384
this. i dropped picking grass in gen 5. snivy in game is a fucking bore and chore having to coil twice and paralyze in order to wear down any pokemon resisting grass/normal moves

also use brackets for spoilers
>>
>>26102201
because its so shit compared to the other starters.
>ice flying fire posion bug
it only sees any use because of the abundance of pokemon with a 4* weakness to grass. other than that it sucks offensively and defensively as a type.
>>
>>26102230
That's cute, I'd stick it on my fridge. Did you draw it?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.