[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to PokePub!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: d6ldesb.jpg (91KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
d6ldesb.jpg
91KB, 800x576px
It's time to share your grievances of /vp/ with your fellow bar mates.

Fake leaks ruining your day? Getting BTFO by an underage kid with shifting goalposts?

Post your worst experiences while visiting this board
>>
>>26066891
>Fake leaks
Yep, they're flooding the damn board. Not to mention obnoxious memesters and underage kids who can only shout jokes mindlessly instead of making a good conversation
>>
Yo barkeep, slide me an apple cider, don't feel like going too heavy today.

I kinda miss the old shiny hunt weekends, I mean yeah they were circlejerky and X/Y brought in easier to get shinies, but /shw/ used to be the most comfy place in the entirety of vp and I would remember people shitposting all up in there because we'd create like 5 threads per weekend just talking about nonsensical shit and having fun with multis.

I just don't feel that same vibe anymore in the current /shw/. I'd probably get called autistic or whatever but I don't really care, the people in there were chill as fuck to converse with.
>>
>>26066990
I was actually a regular in /shw/ back in late 2013. Yeah its really dead now, and all people say when you try and bring up shinies is "inject it :^)". Kind of sad.
>>
Pour another round for those of us drowning in all these fake leaks. I started coming in here literally 4 days before leaks started happening, and it's been a shitfest ever since. When half the board is made of "get in here faggots, it's totally happening", you know you have a problem.

Mods should just ban anybody who post "leaks". They're all shitmons anyway
>>
File: what'sthepointeven.jpg (68KB, 485x486px) Image search: [Google]
what'sthepointeven.jpg
68KB, 485x486px
The whole S/M season just utterly sucks. You got assholes that can't even muster hope anymore and tries to drag down others with their shit, fucking kids posting "gET IN HEEERE AAAAA" ever fucking moment, Groudon memes--squid memes--everything's a fucking meme.

I was a patient man before all this shit happen. And I will continue to wait out for information. I like we're not learning every fucking corner of these new games. I like TrollFreak and TrollCoro. But please, GameFreak, fucking drop anything so I can fucking sleep.
>>
>>26066891
Dark and Stormy. Hard on the lime.

Anyways, I think injections were the lowest point I've seen on the board. The powersave and trade threads were pretty comfy and you at least got know some people with trades. Injections were literally "gimme free shit."

I was a powersaver and most of my requests just came down to cloning at the end of the day since most people wanted competitive tradebait, with me included. I got to know some people that way and played some VGC matches.

At the end of the day, fake leaks, shitposts, and animeshipping don't even faze me. I'm just happy a new game is coming out and breathing life into this board.
>>
>>26067068
The teases and speculation were fun at first, gave the thought that Gamefreak might have actually listened this time about Gen 6's hype season. But now this board is a shit show in terms of "excitement"
>>
>Get off work
>Pull up vp
>Go into a "Nyabbi is real because its a cat" thread
>Call out OP saying it looks nothing like a fucking cat
>Get called a denial faggot for being sceptical

Why do I even go on here anymore. Its like Im trapped and will never fucking get out
>>
>>26067239
To be honest, I still don't get the "Fennec = dog" thing with Fennekin, I mean even if it is a subspecies or whatever it's still a fucking fox, right? To be honest I'm not even sure anymore, I looked up Fennec fox on google and I see more links to other foxes than to dogs. Am I legitimately missing something or am I among the few sane people left on /vp/ that isn't stretching a theory to ridiculous lengths to keep up with a ridiculous headcanon?
>>
>>26067351
It's simple anon. If a pokemon inspired by the three musketeers can be a unicorn, then a pokemon inspired by a dog actually being a fox is not that big of a stretch.
>>
File: CHARFEELEON.jpg (13KB, 177x200px) Image search: [Google]
CHARFEELEON.jpg
13KB, 177x200px
I miss the old days mainly during the ORAS prerelease. I don't even hate how the games turned out but after the constant shitflinging over the Battle Frontier, the Safari Zone, the Game Corner or whatever I just got pissed at both sides. The people defending legitimate flaws getting the people mad about them angrier were just as bad as the people sperging about it all day.

Before then this place was really comfy. But the worst was yet to come.

As >>26067125 said, when SciresM introduced /vp/ to injection, that was the final nail in the coffin. Now everything was just inject it :^). You couldn't discuss anything about getting shinies or cool breeds without just inject it :^) from ebin memers. There was really nothing here except generals and two sides going at it like brick walls talking to each other over games that were months old by then several times a day.

Now Sun and Moon are announced and I hoped we'd get better, just like we all thought. Instead we get people turning this into another Gen 6 battleground every time Gamefreak gives us no news. Not to mention these fake leaks are fucking awful. The gullible newfags and people desperate to join the "fun" are just as bad. Not to mention I've actually been avoiding this place more because it feels like most of the board is just preemptively shitting on the games because they didn't like [x] gen or whatever, or people saying not liking [x] gen is a meme or that dumb shit.

I could, and still can, enjoy any mainline Pokemon game, even Diamond and Pearl. Even if those games are shit compared to stuff like HGSS, I'd still take it over most vidya I see these days.

I just feel like we'd all have more fun together like the old days if we spent more time battling each other and less time shitposting.

That'll probably taking nothing short of a miracle. Or a couple postgame facilities. Either or.
>>
File: 1459826155662.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1459826155662.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>26067177
Thanks, Mister Bartender.

Just...this was supposed to be a nice breeding ground of possibilities--back then when we didn't know shit other than what GameFreak decided to reveal. Back in the days where it was fun and thrilling to get new info and using our brains to imagine what's going to happen.

And what do we have now?

"LOL, GAME'S CANNED"

"LOL, GAMEFREAK BROKE"

"LOL NOTHING KEK FUCKING NOOOOTHING"

Fuck man. We literally have to be spoonfed to keep silent now.
>>
File: GDG.png (88KB, 251x329px) Image search: [Google]
GDG.png
88KB, 251x329px
I miss my friend who browsed here a lot.
>>
>>26067427
but how is Fennekin inspired by a dog in any way when it's name and design both come from an actual animal already? The musketeers are completely different. They are shaped like animals, yes. But it's not like they're named "unideo or horsword" where the names clearly represent which animal they're based on. Rather, the musketeers are just quadrupeds with a sword theme added to them, and it's the sword theme that helps us to identify them as their own thing, in this case, musketeers.

I honestly can't tell if I'm getting memed on, I'd happily admit I swallowed the bait like a good little whore if this was all an elaborate ruse but I can't shake the feeling that many people actually think that Fox = dog, unless again, I really am missing something major.

>>26067438
>tfw you traded your copy of Platinum in years ago and you've never regretted it more than now.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 460x288px
When the fuck did it become acceptable to have waifu threads every fucking day? Every fucking day its some snowflakes favorite pokegirl thread or a degenerate foot fetish one. Is this really what happens when /vp/ goes months without a shred of new info? Please let there be more info soon because im about to fucking snap
>>
I remember the good days of X/Y
>no inject fags
>people traded and bred pokemon
>no kiddies who complained about breeding becuase 6 gen made it easy AF compared to other gens.
>people just played the game

Now this whole board is just under constant state of shitposting until gamefreak delivers.
>>
Bar-man, I spend hours struggling in nuzlockes, more hours in paint creating nice looking, well made images to describe my adventures, and these degenerates wont even give me a (You) in response. All I want is a little recognition for my accomplishments, man. Give everything and receive nothing but dirt in return.

Damn it all, Bar-man.
>>
>>26066891
I'm cause, I don't know any Pokémon websites.
>>
>>26067590
I want (You) to be happy, anon
>>
File: tfw no qt 3.14 gf.jpg (175KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no qt 3.14 gf.jpg
175KB, 498x594px
>>26067555
>tfw I have 2 copies of Emerald, along with 1 copy of Platinum and every game that came out after it in both versions close to me

I hope things look better for you anon. I used to always think I'd flaunt having two Emerald copies in the face of people here sad that they traded Emerald in or lost it or something, but I don't wanna think about every single person with an opinion as a genwar opponent like I'm used to.

This thread made me realize, if only for a bit, that we all technically love Pokemon in some way. Chances are I'll just go back to the usual BS later, but for now, let's just feel.
>>
File: hopeless.png (213KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.png
213KB, 512x384px
I can tell the underage users from the way they speak. And there are a LOT of them.

Well, okay not the way they ''speak'' per-say, but the manner in which they say things and their language just gives them away. Notice how the use of buzzwords in this board is so much more prominent. They're fucking everywhere. They see a popular buzzword, they'll use it to fit in. It's zombifying to see.

I suppose there's a chance that /vp/ users are generally more immature no matter the age, but that's unlikely. Pretty sure /vp/ was confirmed to have the highest tracked percentage of users under 17. That's depressing.

Also, fuck the people who make ''hurr y so many leak threads?!" threads. You are literally helping NOBODY trying to form your little band of circle-jerkers. At least leak threads themselves can be ignored. You're just filling clogging up this toilet of a board even more.
>>
File: poppy bro.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
poppy bro.gif
264KB, 148x111px
It's been almost 2 months and those chinks at Game Freak still haven't shown any S/M gameplay. I'm even desperate enough to believe a random "leak" is a sign that we're getting gameplay footage soon.

I can't even discuss the new games here without shitposters derailing a thread into Gen 6.5/7 arguments or circlejerking about how evil Gen 6 was.
>>
>>26067555
There are more connections between foxes and dogs (biologically speaking) than swords and musketeers. In fact musketeers didn't regularly use swords. So unless I'm missing something in the names of the legendaries, the connection between the musketeers and the legendary trio is incredibly loose. The point is, when Gamefreak decides to make a pokemon inspired by something, it isn't always blatantly obvious and the influence the concept has on the final design can be hardly noticeable.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (67KB, 458x479px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
67KB, 458x479px
>>26067590
Want recognition for your accomplishments? Become a drawfag, and be the next Timmy Turner
>>
>>26067696
I feel you, anon. I'm not too worried about the games just yet, but I already know a buddy who feels the exact same as you do. He doesn't even care about whether or not we'll gameplay anymore.
>>
>>26067654
It's okay in some ways and not in others. I got into Pokemon quite late, with Platinum being my first true Pokemon experience, I fucked around with Crystal and Ruby before but never got into them, I love them now of course but that's not the point. A friend of mine got a spare R4 and gave it to me. He asked if I wanted Pokemon when he was throwing games on me and I dismissively said "sure, whatever." Little did I know how much my gaming life would change from then on.

You know how your first experience is always the best, anon?

>You will never see Giratina's silhouette again for the first time
>You will never hear Twinleaf Town's music for the first time ever again.
>You will never name your rival after your cousin who is basically like a brother to you for the first time ever again.
>You will never name your starter [Anon] Jr. for the first time ever again
>You will never catch Giratina for the first time ever again
>You will NEVER EVER experience the thrill or joy of beating the champion with [Anon] Jr for the first time ever again
>you will NEVER EVER EVER see your rival's father challenge you with that hype as fuck music in the background with the DS in your sweaty hands for the first time EVER again.

Barkeep, I need a fucking refill.

>>26067702
This kinda makes sense to me now, thanks anon. While I still believe the Zodiac theory is a bit far-fetched, I guess I can see the differing point of view more clearly now.
>>
File: an-Bartender.gif (2MB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
an-Bartender.gif
2MB, 300x220px
>>26067781
Right here lad

Let's just think for a second and suppose that SM will truly re capture the enlightenment and sense of wonder in Pokemon, what editions might they include to achieve a true perfect experience?
>>
File: 1460740306791.png (85KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
1460740306791.png
85KB, 312x332px
>>26067505
Did he died?
My condolences anon.
>>
>>26067875
You see, most of the things people want in Pokemon now is Post-game shit like battle frontier and PWT, and I would love all of that, no word of a lie.

But that's the thing, people rush through the story to get to the juicy post game content that, if we're going from gen 6, may not even be there.

When people talk about gen 5, they usually talk about it's amazing story, a story of deceit, manipulation, and the battle of truth versus ideal. Wit the final underlying message that not everything has to be Black and White. THAT's what I want! Gamefreak needs to pull a great story out of their ass, I want to feel like how I did when playing Platinum for the first time goddamnit!
>>
I miss the good old days. Back when I played Platinum for fun, using the Pokemon I though looked cool. Even more recently it's been nice breeding for good Pokemon, but whenever I battle my pals, they're all using some faggot Twitch streamer's hacked Pokemon with perfect IVs and Pokerus that are Shiny. People like that take the pride out of having shinies. Injecting and Hacking are 2 of the worst things to happen to Pokemon.
>>
File: probopass.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
probopass.png
59KB, 250x250px
>>26067875
All they have to do for me is buff Probopass enough and they're good in my book.

All they need to really do for me is have a nice old Pokemon experience in a new region. I don't think they're going to limit gyms to 2 Pokemon or give everyone Tierno-tier movesets so there's nothing to worry about on that front. XY kept me going for so long on the hype of new Pokemon, a new region, and a couple mechanics.
>>
Honestly, I feel bad for this board. No, not bad. Pity. I haven't been here for very long, but from what I've seen, this place is going into a downward spiral like a B-52 with a missing wing falling out of goddamn orbit. Barkeep, give me the strongest you have. And a few shots of motor oil, or bleach, whichever you have.
>>
>>26067951
>When people talk about gen 5, they usually talk about it's amazing story, a story of deceit, manipulation, and the battle of truth versus ideal. Wit the final underlying message that not everything has to be Black and White. THAT's what I want! Gamefreak needs to pull a great story out of their ass, I want to feel like how I did when playing Platinum for the first time goddamnit!

Shit, well said

>>26067988
Coming right up
>>
>>26067875
My favorite new experience was honestly walking into gen 4 when I was younger. I knew the starters, Palkia, and Dialga. That's it. The sense of wonder and amazement from finding a new area before your friends and telling them about it, the feeling of discovery from finding a pokemon and being like "WTF? Is that a mirror?" And the cross-gen evos were glorious. I still remember evolving my Sneasel into Weavile while only having the knowledge that it was possible. Trying everything, and then finding the Razor Claw in Victory Road. She finally evolved after the Bertha fight, and she tore Cynthia's Garchomp a new asshole.
>>
>>26068082
>forgetting to put the point of the story in the same post

Bravo, Me. Anyway, I'd like as little to be leaked as possible. Contrary to /vp/'s general opinion, sure, but It'd make M/S the gen I've enjoyed most since gen 4. Give us the Sillouettes of the starters and the designs of the legends in may, the full starter art and types for the legends in June, Starter evos and the woodpecker/roadrunner/whatever in July, etc.
>>
>>26068082
I still remember discovering Serebii and watching all the new Pokemon be revealed as they were found ingame.
>>
>>26068082
>>26068141
Seems like they're spreading out the info as even as possible to leave as many surprises in the games when Holiday rolls around. Just avoid any Pokemon related thing on the internet when the month of release starts and you should be aces
>>
>>26068167
That was one of the best parts of gen 5 for me. I found Serebii a bit before HGSS, so looking through the pokedex and finding Pokemon I had no clue existed was amazing. "Rhydon got an evolution? And it looks awesome?! How didn't I know about this!"
>>26068194
Easier said than done mate. Also, shots of bleach on my tab for anyone who comes in here complaining that people don't believe in the owl.
>>
>>26068082
Platinum was the game that got me back into Pokemon, and I remember that I loved the hell out of it. More so with the introduction of my bro and all of the battle facilities. Gen V came along and I loved it even more. The story was better than anything else Gamefreak had put out, the characters were mostly interesting, and I actually loved only being able to use new Pokemon. It was like playing Blue for the first time again. I was so excited for gen VI.

I wish all of Kalos was like the first three badges. It had good pacing, you got to see the beauties of Kalos, and you got to test out a lot of neat concepts. Honestly, I don't remember anything after Korrina's gym. It just passed by way too quickly.

I feel that Gamefreak needs to work on their pacing and story more. Hell, I'd be more willing to forgive the lack of post-game content if the story was actually memorable. It's a shame that they think they have to simplify everything and cut content just because it's a kid's game.
>>
File: 1461273447783.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1461273447783.gif
2MB, 500x333px
...I couldn't find this thread due to the fake leaks. Fucking wasted minutes, trying to look for a the actual thread in this whirlpool of shite, and it's bogged down by so much trash.

Yeah, I'm Serebii Dickriding his site until we get actual news to talk about. I literally cannot take this anymore. I hate to sound like a actual pussy, but I really can't muster energy to fucking do this anymore.

So long, my fallen brothers. I hope to return when a beckon brings us truly together.
>>
File: Another One.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Another One.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>26067875
Barkeep, I could use a refill as well.

I want to hope that GF will do their best in making a great game. If I asked for perfection, I would've abandoned pokemon a long time ago.

I liked Gen 6 but GF handled it poorly. X/Y had little postgame and even though OR/AS got a little extra postgame story, it's not really enough and GF thinks Battle Maison is enough.

However, GF or Masuda made it clear that postgame isn't their best interest for whatever reason.

Still, here's to hoping that Sun and Moon is a good pokemon game. However bleak that hope may be, that's all we can cling to.

Goddamn, I might actually need another drink.
>>
Pass me a drink bartender

I like gen 5 and 3 the most out any other gen and I make sure not to let my bias to cloud my judgement, and and I'll even acknowledge that Gen 3 and 5 had flaws that may turn a lot of people off from it.

And now, I see all these threads about "This gens starters are the best/worst" or "this region was the best/worst" and I see people with different taste they get BTFO by everyone calling their taste shit, then when I say that everyone's taste is different, I get "Hur hur you must like ___ gen" and it starts an argument that I didn't even want to get into.

Can I have a stronger drink, bartender?
>>
It's probably late at night for you Americans, but have a bump from the anon that was here last night
>>
New thread >>26069642
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.