[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://comicbook.com/2016/04/24/ne w-pokemon-go-details-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: pokemongonew-175733.jpg (91KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongonew-175733.jpg
91KB, 655x370px
>http://comicbook.com/2016/04/24/new-pokemon-go-details-emerge/#/

As beta testing continues on Pokemon GO, the "augmented reality" mobile game that allows you to capture and battle Pokemon in the real world, more details about the game are continuing to emerge. Recently beta testers confirmed to The Silph Road, a subreddit dedicated to Pokemon GO, that biomes were now active, meaning that certain types of Pokemon would only appear in certain terrain and conditions. For example, Water-type Pokemon were found near a river, while Normal-type Pokemon like Rattata were seen in a dense urban center.

It was also recently confirmed that trainers can only evolve their Pokemon via "Evolution Shards", that trainers collect by capturing Pokemon. Evolution shards are Pokemon specific, which means you'll need to capture multiple Pokemon of the same species to collect enough shards. Once twenty shards are collected, trainers can select one Pokemon of that species to evolve. For Pokemon that evolve twice (like Bulbasaur), trainers will need to evolve ten Pokemon to the first stage to evolve one Pokemon to the second stage.

Some new screencaps from the game have also emerged, showing Pokemon GO's Pokedex and battle sequences. You can check out the full gallery below! For details on battling and gyms, check out our previous coverage of Pokemon GO. Nintendo hasn't announced a release date for Pokemon GO, but its expected sometime this summer.
>>
File: 1460337519095.gif (461KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460337519095.gif
461KB, 500x375px
>>26059821
>Once twenty shards are collected, trainers can select one Pokemon of that species to evolve. For Pokemon that evolve twice (like Bulbasaur), trainers will need to evolve ten Pokemon to the first stage to evolve one Pokemon to the second stage.

MOBILE FAGS BTFO
>>
>>26059821
>have to catch 200 bulbas to get one venusaur
F L O P
L
O
P
>>
>>26059850
I read that differently. I thought it meant that you need to evolve 10 of any species to get a 2nd-stage
>>
File: Evolution.png (1000KB, 1500x1698px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.png
1000KB, 1500x1698px
>>26059850
>>26059869
It's pretty widely believed that once you evolve one to a 2nd stage evolution, you'll start finding wild 2nd stages of that kind to get your shards.
>>
>>26059830
And this is how game with epic potential was fucked up.

>Evolution shards
>Need 10 x 1 stage evolved mon to get 2 stage evolution
WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING? THIS IS A FUCKING SPERM COVERED FUCKED BY 300 ANCIENT DRAGONS GODDAMN BULLSHIT.

Fucking satan just made special place in worst part of hell just for people who made this shit with evolution.
>>
>>26059914
Calm down and read >>26059898

Stage 2 pokemon will be in the wild. You don't need to catch 200 stage 1s for a stage 3
>>
File: Daffy Dook.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Daffy Dook.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
If this feature stays, I ain't payin.
>>26059953
This is in development mate, they can easily say "BTW, we removed all the stage 2 pokemon from the wild".
>>
>>26059953
shard thing is still stupid idea.

I think it will become a microtransaction app using popular game name. Like dungeon keeper.
>>
File: 255.gif (2MB, 282x257px) Image search: [Google]
255.gif
2MB, 282x257px
> For Pokemon that evolve twice (like Bulbasaur), trainers will need to evolve ten Pokemon to the first stage to evolve one Pokemon to the second stage.

HAHAHAHA

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT
>>
>>26059898
>>26059953
>Damage control from reddit
>"There might be some stage 2 Pokemon in the wild!"
>Implying stage 2 Pokemon won't be insanely rare in the wild

Great, so I only have to get 160 Bulbasaurs! This mechanic is shit, I don't know why people are defending it.
>>
How the fuck do you get pokemon like Vaporeon or Flareon then?
>>
File: FUCKING PISSED.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING PISSED.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>26059821
>ONLY
>KANTO
>MONS
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SERIOUSLY FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME, I WAS NOT EVEN GOING TO PLAY IT BUT EVERY TIME I SEE A THREAD OF THIS SHITFEST IT REMINDS ME THAT IS ONLY A CASHGRAB TO PANDER TO NORMIES AND GENWUNNERS CUZ LOL ONLY ORIGINAL 151 GUYZZZZZZ!!!!1

AND THAT SHIT JUST FFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG TTTTTTRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSS MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and no i dont hate kanto or gen 1, but its really cheap and annoying that they will only use the kanto mons and it further proves that its a cashgrab app to pander genwunners/normies
>>
>>26059993
You can't possibly believe they're going to put this out and just leave it alone.

This thing is going to be milked for decades, of course there'll be more
>>
>>26059993
Goddamn. Now someone is going to take this post and use it as copy pasta. Good going man.
>>
I hate this. Why did they do this. Why did they ruin their chance of making millions. Why did they ruin this dream.
>>
I don't know why people were excited for it in the first place. Have they never played a mobile game before?
>>
>>26060701
They still will make millions. Mobile games are generally pretty shit and full of crap like this, yet they still make a lot of money.
>>
I still don't get this. Will it be because you'll have 160 shards? Or 10 Ivysaurs? What about things like branch evolutions?

This is some real cryptic shit.
>>
>>26060740
basically this
I never expected anything more than that april fools google shit
>>
I wonder how this shit was developed.
Maybe creators had dialogue like that.

- Boss, Pokemon GO is almost made and its about to be a masterpiece
- Masterpiece? No it must suck
- But sir
- It's mobile game it is supposed to be shit
- But. sir why?
- YOU ARE ALL FIRED!!!
(Boss makes Phonecall to EA)
- Hey EA, i wantto make shitty mobile game, but my former
employees decided to make good game so i firred them, can you borrow me some guys who made Mobile Dungeon Keeper?
- OK

And thats how Pokemon GO got evolution shards.
>>
>>26061086
You need 10 more bulbasaur shards to evolve, do you wanna buy them for 20 euro?
>>
File: 1461484209262.jpg (21KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1461484209262.jpg
21KB, 480x287px
>>26059821
>Pokemon GO
Thanks for shitting up this board even more.
>>
>>26060745
That depends if it will have in-game advertising, since this is what mobile games make the most money on, not IAPs.
>>
>>26060187
its the truth I dont give a shit
>>
>>26061086
I imagined the dialogue in the form of the Polandball comics. It was amusing.
>>
I had such high hopes for this. Even if 2nd stage mons pop up in the wild it's a stupid method to evolve pokemon.
>>
>>26059993
>>26059914

Actually. Shard stuff will suck so hard.
For example, you need to catch 10 wild bulbasaurs to evolve to ivysaur.
It will be painfull job because propably wild pokemon ecountered will be random so you can meet other pokemon but not bulbasaur all time, and maybe you will se him once a week. So... you know what i mean.

I think these shards will be in microtransactions, also i think other generations will be in microtransactions too.
>>
I thought you need to get 10 Pokemon of the same type. Are OP sure about the same pokemon thing? because the same type thing would make more sense to me
>>
>>26059993
Assets aren't cheap and take time. If it's popular enough they may come out with later generations. Quit being so mad, it reflects badly on all of us.
>>
this "game" is fucking shit, you can't even fight, what's the appeal?
>>
AR and biome denial faggots were BTFO
Too bad about that evolution gimmick, but it just couldn't be perfect.
>>
>>26060950
It give me a reason to go outside
>>
>>26059821
Im still excited for this game but this mechanic is pretty shitty. On the main games I hate having excess amount of pokemon in my pc because I feel bad for them Austim I know hopefully they add another way to get shards like boss battles or trainer battles. I love gen 1 too but most of my favourite mons are other gens so I hope it doesn't take long to release them
>>
>>26059821
>trainers can only evolve their Pokemon via "Evolution Shards", that trainers collect by capturing Pokemon.
Why though? Has anybody in Niantic even played a Pokemon game? Did they think that no one would care about the battling aspect? If they really wanted to include shards in the game, they could have just made it a reward for battling so it serves the role of exp. This is just stupid though.

Also,
>>26059898
>You can 'release' wild Pokemon once you collect their evolution stone piece. There is even a button to do so immediately following a capture.
Great fucking job, Niantic. It's a game about catching monsters and gaining experience with them through battles, and how do they do it instead? By catching 20 or 30 of them and throwing them in the trash. Yeah, that really makes the Pokemon seem special.

How the hell did they fuck this up so badly?
>>
>>26062965
Because this isn't Gamefreak. Anyone who handles Pokémon besides them is missing the point entirely. Genius Sonority made 2 wonderful games about Pokémon yet you don't catch a single one in the wild. You steal them. Then in the second game, they made wild encounters as annoying as possible. I mean, using bait? Seriously?

Then with chunsoft you befriend Pokémon. Which happens.. 25% of the time? So if you're an unlucky faggot, the sucks for you.

And now we're getting a film by Legendary pictures most likely. Want to take a guess how they'll handle the franchise?
>>
>>26059953
Listen to >>26059968 and >>26059983
I was so excited for this game, but it's amazing how they fucked a REALLY good idea
>>
jesus christ this news is two months old
the game has been updated way beyond this initial set up.

this is literally news from day 1 of beta when there wasn't even battling implemented yet
>>
File: image.gif (590KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
590KB, 294x233px
>>26063407
>the Pokémon movie consists entirely of bidding on Pokémon in auctions instead of capturing and some kind of contact sport instead of battling
>>
>boo hoo i cant get muh venusaur day one
>boooo i want every pokemon and i want them NOW

i think this system adds value to different kinds of pokemon. seeing someone with a fully evolved team of starters will be cool as shit because you know how hard it is to get them.
>>
File: 1453764185017.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453764185017.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>26060164
>Decades

It'll be lucky to get 1/5 of that
>>
>>26060740
It's directed at the Reddit crowd
>>
>>26062965
Niantic doesn't give a shit. Why should they when they get $30 million to produce this thing?
>>
>>26065043
Holy fucking buzzwords, Batman
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.