[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Serious question. They are pretty easy but every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

File: rip.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
Serious question. They are pretty easy but every Pokemon game is easy. Don't understand why this gen gets more hate compared to others.
>>
>>25941699
>They are pretty easy but every Pokemon game is easy

they're still significantly easier than every other game in the series.
>>
>>25941699
Watch this and you'll understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mMG096UqE0&app=desktop
>>
>>25941699
Moderate-to-severe lack of content syndrome.
>>
>>25941707
Stop shilling your videos Tamashii
>>
>>25941699
People hate ORAS, because there was no battle frontier.

I dislike Pokémon X and Y because of lack of new Pokémon introduced.
>>
XY is lacking in content and full of clashing ideas

ORAS is much better than XY but didn't take any of the good from Emerald and didn't add all that much itself, so they're only somewhat better than RS which doesn't stand up to pretty much any rerelease, sequel, or remake from gens 3~5
>>
>>25941699
It's because it's new so everyone hates it, then when Sun and Moon come out everyone will hate it and love 6th Gen. This is how it's always been
>>
>>25941699
>what went wrong
Nothing, I hope people don't think there's something wrong with this game, not sure if you're new or trying to fit in op but this meme is dead.
>>
>>25941699
I got bodied when you had to fight the two Lucario who abused power up punch and swords dance

didnt help my team was all low level because i always swap out for new pokes
>>
>>25941707
I agree 100% with this though.
>>
File: 1460210095501.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
1460210095501.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>25941819
>>25941858

Ever notice that nobody else calls hate for the Gen they like a meme except Gen 6 guys
>>
>>25941707
Darling I told you to stop shilling your videos and start dick sucking.
>>
>>25941819
But I always liked Gens 1, 2, 3, and 5. 4 had shitty Diamond and Pearl, but GOAT Platinum, and HGSS.
>>
>>25941912
Honestly I think Gen 6fags are ironically defending their shit games just to troll, either that or Gen 6 was their first gen
>>
File: telling lies.png (140KB, 502x420px) Image search: [Google]
telling lies.png
140KB, 502x420px
>>25941707
>all this agreement
>people will still say Gen 6 hate is only on /vp/
>>
>>25941775
Probably the best answer in this thread. I'd still argue all of gens 1 and 2, RS, and DP are worse than gen 6 though.
>>
File: 1459758465360.png (689KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
1459758465360.png
689KB, 600x929px
>>25941707
>>
File: 1459415719242.jpg (23KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
1459415719242.jpg
23KB, 604x311px
>>25941699
Basically, everyone was spewing out "Hoenn confirmed!" memes so much, until it was actually confirmed, then expectations of the games were set to an all time high. Leak season began, everyone already knew what to expect though because this was info we had seen first hand 11 years prior. Game releases, and people have high hopes. Excessive hand holding, charm and vibe of gen 3 at a minimum, no battle frontier, online issues, and lack of challenge that was ever so present in RSE; all crushed those hopes. However, battling still being fun on the 3DS, great visuals, the soundtrack, touch of nostalgia, and the Delta Episode held it somewhat together. The game isn't bad, but it certainly isn't the greatest either. Just OK
>>
>>25942140
>Delta Episode
>holding anything together

It was shit, m8.
>>
>>25941769
I hate ORAS and I don't give a fuck about the Battle Frontier. I want this meme to end.
>>
terrible main stories and terrible postgame
gen ended without even an attempt to try and redeem Kalos platinum style
>>
>>25942140
>and lack of challenge that was ever so present in RSE
>and the Delta Episode held it somewhat together

ORAS isn't really any easier and trainers are actually at higher levels after the fifth gym than RS and better movesets all throughout, and Delta Episode was trash and the few really good parts of it don't make up for the rest being the game's low point. Otherwise, I can agree with your post.
>>
>>25942192
Is there any Pokemon game that you have liked?
>>
>>25942326
I've loved every other Pokemon game. HG/SS are my favorites. ORAS was a barren, rushed (even with the BF it would have been) piece of shit and the first Pokemon game I actually didn't finish until a few months after release because I just was not feeling it.
>>
>>25942356
Go find a ROM and replay Ruby or Sapphire now. Maybe you're looking through rose tinted glasses of what you used to think Pokemon was like when you were younger, but maybe its just the fact that Hoenn is just shit in general. Tried doing it myself and it really made me appreciate ORAS a lot more as a remake than FRLG or HGSS, the former not improving anything from the originals and the latter not improving mechanics speaking.
>>
>>25942140
I agree, but Delta Episode sucked

>>25942401
I played Emerald right before ORAS. In fact, I started OR before finishing Emerald. ORAS isnt better than Emerald. Due to how excited I was. Also took me a very long time to finish due to a lack of motivation near the end. Though that happened with Emerald too, but not as much. I'd probably call them equal, with many parts each game does better.

That has never been the case for any other remake or sequel.

>it's a remake of RS!

Remaking a game that has a better version is a stupid idea.
>>
>>25942440

man I jumbled up that whole thing

I played Emerald right before ORAS due to how excited I was. In fact, I started OR before finishing Emerald. Also took me a very long time to finish due to a lack of motivation near the end. Though that happened with Emerald too, but not as much.

ORAS isnt better than Emerald. I'd probably call them equal, with many parts each game does better.
>>
File: 1460074235441.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460074235441.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>25941707
Not a fan of Tamashii but gotta admit this nails the problem I had with Gen 6.
>>
>>25941699
It's just Unovabortions mad their sprites are gone.
>>
>>25942459
I'm just mad because the Gen VI 3D models aren't animated as well as the models from the Stadium games, Colosseum/Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution despite being better, newer models for the most part. The Pokémon colors are washed out too.
>>
>>25942514
i agree with this anon
maybe not 'better', but they're boring as fuck
>>
>>25941699
Sinnohfoetus. They feel threatened by the fact that people have realized gen 4 is the worst generation and are lashing out against post-DS Pokemon to try an dcover it up. Gen 6 is better than gen 4 and most of 5.
>>
>>25941707
This
/vp/ is just butthurt that someone they don't like shares their opinion, depressing
>>
Single player sucked so that the smartphone generation wouldn't get bored.
>>
>>25942574
>fact
Haha. No. Diamond and Pearl were garbage but got fixed. Black and White were okay, but Black and White 2 blew them out of the water. X and Y? No fixes despite being just as bad as D/P. ORAS? Rushed cash-grabs made after Game Freak realized that every idiot actually wanting a Ruby and Sapphire remake would eat them up. Gen VI's only saving grace is the "pretty graphics woo".
>>
>>25942574
X and Y were as tedious as DP, while ORAS were worse than HGSS
>>
Its the newest gen. Zelda has the same issue.
People will call them amazing in a few years
>>
>>25942670
this to be sincere brethren
>>
>>25942670
>implying

>implying Skyward Sword isn't legitimate shit
>implying people weren't in love with ALBW when it launched

Stop trying to elevate yourself above those who can spot the flaws in a new video game.
>>
>>25942683
People were in love with XY when it launched too
>>
>>25941699
ORAS is bad because it's a remake of the worse games in the worst region of all and left out several elements from the better version of them.
>>
>>25942692
And yet most people still love ALBW and SS was getting plenty of hate from day one.
>>
>>25941707
is it bad that I watched this earlier today and the first thing I thought of was /vp/?

she's totally right though
>>
>>25941707
Well she's not completely wrong, the main problem of Gen 6 is really having came after Gen 5 which was probably the latest peak of the series.
>>
>>25942574
This is the actual truth, also friendly reminder that gen 6 objectively gave us the best designed mons to date with the smallest number of shitmons.

That automatically makes it pretty high-tier, regardless of the problems within the actual games themselves.
>>
>>25941699
> they are pretty easy but every Pokemon game is easy
wut, Gym Leaders and E4s should defeat at least one of your Pokémon, on XY the league was so easy you could won the E4 with your party full. About the remakes, didn't thought the league was easy tho the scenario and Hoenn's ambientation was pretty crap. Caves weren't originally concepted to be cool, they must be hard and stresseful but starting from Granite Cave's remake...n
>>
>>25946527
> what about megas design?
>>
>>25942205
Which story? hahahaha Gen VI's story was such nostalgia stuffs that were introduced for bring back Gen I Shitzard fags. And now without third version we even can know about the incomplete contents in Kalos story, hoping that SuMo will be G/S/C 2.0, cause Kalos need it.
>>
>>25941707
She's exactly right. X/Y were made to make money and nothing more.
>>
>>25946620
Fuck off, Mega Audino, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Altaria are some of the most based designs the series has ever had!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460570280008.jpg (25KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460570280008.jpg
25KB, 540x540px
>>25946684
>mega audino
> most based designs
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 250x272px
>>25946527
>objectively
>>
>>25946699
>Not liking a mon based off of the Magical Girl concept

Are you a faggot? Like, literally?
>>
File: 1458341413719.png (58KB, 298x251px) Image search: [Google]
1458341413719.png
58KB, 298x251px
>>25946527
>friendly reminder
>objectively
>>
>>25942440
>>25942447
>playing Hoenn right before playing Hoenn again
Nigga you dumb as fuck
>>
File: considerhefollowing.gif (500KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
considerhefollowing.gif
500KB, 500x374px
XY would easily be one of the best pokemon games if they just weren't casualized and had a battle frontier.

They would have been the best total if they also had a normal sized pokedex and trevor and tierno not existed.
>>
>>25941912
Is that a joke?
Gen 5 crybabies are the worst offenders in that matter
>>
>>25942514
>handheld games arent as good as real consoles ones

No shit Sherlock
What next, will you be butthurt that Gen 6 overworld doesnt look as good as Pokkén's cities?
>>
>>25941775
Finally! Someone else in /vp/ who thinks like this aside from me!
>>
>>25941975
That's your shitty opinion, and that's ok.
>>
>>25950769

I almost completely agree with this. With an additional caveat: Vs. Seeker and more to do in fucking Azure Bay.
>>
>>25951339
There is no reason to play gen 1 or 2 when the far superior remakes exist. The same can be said about RS and DP, but replace remake with expansion.
>>
File: Sem Título.png (129KB, 1074x646px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título.png
129KB, 1074x646px
>>25942226
>ORAS isn't really any easier
>>
File: Untitled.png (202KB, 1440x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
202KB, 1440x1062px
>>25951400
Much easier than Emerald? Absolutely. RS, not so much.
>>
>>25950769
There's much more wrong with it than just that, imo. Bad plot and characters, even by Pokemon standards. Region that was just dreadfully boring after the third badge, and every town/city felt really similar. IDK, even if we got a Z that fixed a lot of its problems I can't really see me liking it too much unless they gave the region a huge overhaul.
>>
>>25950821
Here's that sweet (You). Fucking N64 models are better animated than 3DS models.
>>
>>25951527
>Sceptile's Sceptilite is reacting to the Mega Bracelet!
>>
>>25947656
I just happened to go through the series and ended up with both Hoenn games being the last ones on the list

>>25950769
Nah.It's more than that. The story tried and failed hard, for instance.
>>
People say they're too easy but what they really mean is that they're too convenient. Pokemon games were never difficult. They were just tedious. Lots of grinding, backtracking, menu shuffling, and slower battles. Gens 5 and 6 started making things a lot easier. Now you don't have to open a menu to get on your bike or use a fishing rod. Battles are faster, grinding is made easier with restaurants in X+Y. I'll admit that several routes in X+Y were pretty weak and easy to traverse but overall people need to admit that what they miss is tedious gameplay.

It's like the remake of Ocarina on 3DS where the water Temple is significantly easier because you don't have to pause and go through a menu every time you need to use the heavy boots.

That being said, I do wish they'd increase the difficulty of trainer battles and make some more puzzle-based routes.

Also roller skates sucked.
>>
>>25952339
>but what they really mean is that they're too convenient

Roller skates messing with your walking isnt convenient

Routes where you ride pokemon and it's slower that Sinnoh's Great Marsh and you can get stopped by pokemon isnt convenient

> Now you don't have to open a menu to get on your bike or use a fishing rod
You could register multiple items ever since HGSS anon.

>Battles are faster
Gen 3 and 5 have faster battles

>grinding is made easier with restaurants in X+Y

Big Stadium and Small Court, Fight Area, and Trainer rematches are equally good places to grind

I dont get why you are giving Gen 6 credit for things not unique to it, but sure.

Also, Gym Leaders that never go above 3 pokemon and E4s that dont increase in level because you can face them at any order are both clear examples of the games being easier.
>>
-3d models took up a load of times/resources
-lack of post game
-the fucking remakes have less content than emerald
-already easy as fuck games get shitted on even more in difficulty
>>
>>25941705
Because the games aren't meant for us, it's for the smartphone generation that's easily bored with anything. Just consume whatever GF shills out like a good little brand sheep. I do.
>>
>ORAS wasn't as good as Emerald
>Wasted time with 3D models that could've been spent on more important shit
>69 new Pokemon
>Megas deny Pokemon new evolutions
>No postgame
>No Battle Frontier
>The Pokemon variety sucks compared to BW2
>Mega Rayquaza
This last one is my opinion, but the cel-shaded 3D looks ugly.
>>
>>25941699
Gen 6 was filled to the brim with many new features like Trainer customization, Mega Evolutions, Fairy type, Pokémon Amie, Super Training, and more. However, it felt empty. I found myself wanting more. Gen 6 is arguably the most innovative Gen in the series, but it felt so soulless compared to previous Gens. It was like a pizza with many high quality ingredients, but the chef couldn't figure out how to sort the ingredients on the pizza to create a wholesome product. The flaws that are present in XY and ORAS have proven that GameFreak's design philosophy and target demographic have changed. Their goal is no longer to please long-time fans of the series, but to cater to the younger, Smartphone generation. Kids nowadays have a lot more media that competes for their attention. With hours of content just a click away, kids no longer have patience for long, challenging RPGs. Because of this, GameFreak has felt the need to casualize Pokémon games to meet their needs. In return, this has caused Pokémon to lose its soul. An easier game so that no one gets stumped means stupidly weak trainers, a linear region, free Mega Evolutions and legendaries, and faster leveling. Pokémon has always been a series that invited you with its diverse characters and worlds to make you feel like a part of it. It wanted you to form bonds with your Pokémon, but Gen 6 lost sight of that, and without compelling challenges to overcome with your Pokémon, you are no longer able to create new memories with them as individuals.
>>
>>25954063
>ORAS wasn't as good as Emerald

i think this is the single worst thing gamefreak has ever done

how did they fuck up so hard? all they needed to do was to bring back emerald's frontier
>>
>>25941699
What made the games easy was that the EXP Share was just a built in easy mode. If you turned it off and leveled the normal way, you'd discover that XY was actually a pretty grindy game trying to get your team to the level 60's in order to best the the elite four.

The EXP share was probably there because the devs found out you'd be grinding for quite a while without it, and gave you the option to turn it off if you wanted to continue the grind.

Best way to compare the EXP share is the Ring of Life Protection in Dark Souls 2 scaled down for the kiddies. The 10-12 year olds didn't want to grind or lose against gym leaders just as much as your hardcore gamer hates Dark Soul's severe death penalty, so an item is introduced to circumvent it and make the game more enjoyable for casuals, while at the same time being a completely optional choice.
>>
Get rid of the whole team shit.
The moment I started to hate X/Y was when I had to go through 50 Flare grunts to catch the box Pokemon
>>
>>25954133
But you had to do that for all the games.
>>
A lot of this seems to be people just being pessimistic. Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinion and here is mine. I've liked all the games. They all suck in some places and rock in others. The pokemon stories have always been stupid. Black and White were probably the best by far in that regard. So the games sucking isn't really true to me.

Now, easy? Okay, here is my opinion on that. I lent pokemon blue to my old boss. He's a smart dude and has some video game background. He got stuck at the elite four. My girlfriend blows balls at games and easilly quits or gets frustrated. She beat the x and y, as well as the oras, elete four on her first tries.
>>
>>25954133
This would be a huge improvement to the series. They need to add a new spin on villains for the franchise.
>>
>>25954139
yeah, but it gets stale as fuck, pokemon has never come even close to having a good story but they could at least try something different for once.
>>
File: 1435762065330.jpg (512KB, 1847x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1435762065330.jpg
512KB, 1847x1134px
>>25942670
Zelda Cycle is real, but only because Aonuma keeps setting the bar lower to a degree that's fucking unsalvageable
>>
>>25942635
This.
>>
>>25947086
Anon I like Mega Audino but it's a fucked Pokemon when they gave it Healer over Regenerator

I'll forever be pissed
>>
I liked ORAS/spoiler], but that's due to skipping Gen 5 for reasons beyond my control.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>25942459
>>
>>25954084
I will post this whenever someone says that only /vp/ hates Gen 6
>>
>>25954258
I'd like an explanation of this image
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.