[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw playing ORAS for the first time >tfw the game actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 19

File: 2980.jpg (109KB, 842x567px) Image search: [Google]
2980.jpg
109KB, 842x567px
>tfw playing ORAS for the first time
>tfw the game actually gives you Lati@s 4 Free with it's Megastone after badge 5

Seriously they might as well give you a press to win button. Not only do they have the Exp. Share on by default making every enemy low level as fuck, but they give you such a Nuke that early in the fucking game?!

Seriously WTF!
>>
>>25898597
>Not only do they have the Exp. Share on by default

Then turn it off you fucking faggot how hard can it fucking be.
>>
>>25898623
I'm play the game as the makers decided to. They made it the default option to play with the Exp. Share on. I did not even noticed were you could turn it off until I got my bike. By then I was already stronger than everyone else.
>>
>>25898597
I have to agree that it's pretty stupid but you always have the option not to use the Latis.

If you are bothered by the Exp. All, turn it off. If you want to train up a mon, get rid of the other team members and train it up with one team member.

It's not hard to figure it out.
>>
>>25898647
>I'm play the game as the makers decided to.
nigga
>>
>>25898597
wow how overpowered, meanwhile mega blaziken has 160 attack, mega latios has 160 special attack, mega swampert and mega sceptile have 150 and 145 attack and special attack respectively while mega latias has "only" 140. Weak bait.
>>
>>25898669

That's not an excuse for lousy difficulty curve. Saying you can turn something off or you can choose to play with shitty pokemon is not something defensible. They should reward players who are able to play correctly not give an easy pass on the default run. Things like Lati@s and the Exp. Share should be earned not given. Lati@s should have been like in the old games and the Exp. Share given after completing a certain % of your Pokedex.
>>
>>25898647
Wow you're a huge faggot
>>
>>25898647
You either play the game with everything "on by default" turned on and don't complain about it, or you turn it the fuck off and don't complain about it. There is literally zero reason to whine when you can just turn it off. Same goes for the Latis, if you don't like using them then don't use them.
>>
>>25898717
You get Mega Lati@s stone first. It's the first Mega Stone you obligatory get.
>>
>>25898647
Mate you're a bit on the denser side today, aren't you

This feature saves you hours of boring grinding, nothing else
>>
Having Exp. Share on by default is akin to the original Super Mario Bros. having unlimited lives while giving Mega Lati@s is akin to giving you invincibility. That's how broken both of them are.

Anyone who defends such broken mechanics just love to get their ass fucked by GF.
>>
>>25898747
yeah and in no time it gets outclassed by your fucking starters of all things. Once you get the good ones like gardevoirite, heracronite and salamencite your stats will be off the charts and there's no reason to ever mega the lati's again.
>>
>>25898647
>I'm play the game as the makers decided to. They made it the default option to play with the Exp. Share on. I did not even noticed were you could turn it off until I got my bike.
Then you fall under the same player category as the millennials do: You mindlessly play through the game in theme park mode because that's all your attention spawn allows for.

Now get off this board.
>>
>>25898647
If you want the Exp share so bad go play the Romhack
>>
>>25898758
Leveling up was supposed to be a measure of how much work you put into the game. You could either choose to not grind at all and try to use strategy to win or grind your butt off in order to win. Now you don't need either by default.

>>25898782
Yes but the game is not balanced with the idea that you are using Mega Pokemon. If the game had higher levels or a more intelligent AI to counter the effects of the Mega Stones or Exp. Share I wouldnt complain. But you have a really easy AI plus the above mentioned "features" and you easily break the game.
>>
>>25898718
Let me guess, you also have the default wallpapers on your phone and PC because that's what the makers intended.

Stop whining and appreciate that the games can be customized to fit people's needs.
>>
>>25898647
Your own choices are your own damn fault.
>>
>>25898647
You keep the text speed on medium too?
>>
>>25898597
>Oh no, Gamefreak forces me to play Mega Latias/Latios and have the EXP-Share activated!
>Truly they are the devil incarnate!
>>
I'm just disappointed that thee two megas look exactly alike. The only difference is eye color.
>>
>>25898815
yeah so then that's the problem, not the fact that you're given a lati@s which you are trying to make this about.
>>
>>25898647
I'm actually in the same camp as this guy. If the creators give me a Bazooka in the first five minutes and encourage me to use it, then I'm going along for the ride.
>>
>>25898844
No time for a different discussion. OP is on suicide watch.
>>
>>25898795
Stop being such a faggot. GF decided that Exp. Share On plus Mega Stones were the default way to play the game. Instead of giving people the option before starting the game in an easy to choose difficulty dialogue they gave everybody easy mode. For fuck's sake imagine if every game was like that?! Imagine if the default mode in CoD was auto headshots or MK having inf. Blue Shells? That's how broken this shit is. Saying shit like "you can turn it off" or "don't use Megas" does NOT give GF a get out of jail card.
>>
>never used latias
>never used xp share
>never mega evolved my swampert
>only trained my swampert
>got through the game easily
>mfw people complaining about how extra things make the game easier while the game is easy as fuck regardless
>>
>>25898859
Any sensible person would think the same way as me. But it seems on /vp/ anything that GF does is perfect or something.

I explain using examples why adding such broken tools into the game w/o any work by the player is not good game design. Saying you can turn it off is not an excuse. On software and game design the defaults are powerful options that should be crafted with care. You should always give the player sensible defaults that are neither too difficult nor too easy. An important part on game balance is making sure most of your players have a challenge playing your game. I already gave a good example how you can implement something like the Exp. Share or the Mega Stones w/o breaking the game. Make game breaking features a reward, not a gift. Rewards are things you earn by doing certain tasks while Gifts are simply shit given to you. Something tells me /vp/ is either being trolls or just suck at reading.
>>
>>25898893
That's more reason to not give players such thing. In a game that can be beaten by a single Pokemon there's no need to give away the Exp. Share from the beginning or Mega Stones.
>>
>>25898994
Concurred.
>>
>>25898893
Soloing the game is one of the easiest ways to beat the game. Swampert in particular is very easy to beat the game with because Grass-type trainers are pretty much non-existant in Hoenn.
>>
>>25898880
>>25898994
being given a lati honestly isn't even close to game breaking, comparing it to a bazooka is just retarded. see >>25898717
>>
>>25899041

Your argument is pretty weak when your defense is saying there's even more broken shit that's given to you.

The bottom line is that game breaking shit should be rewarded not given. In the original game shit like Mewtwo, the Legendary Birds, Dragonite, etc were rewards. You werent given one of said broken Pokemon during the default playthrought. Those were rewards, the Birds for going out of your way in capturing such difficult beasts. Dragonite for having to use such shitty pokemon like Dratini and then Dragonair for so long. Mewtwo for beating the game. It seems that modern GF forgot how to balanced their single player campaign and are focused on the Multiplayer aspect with the Singleplayer being an after thought.
>>
>>25899041
I was just agreeing with the general philosophy, not with the specific example. I never used lati as anything but a flyslave, because overleveling a starter by fucking up everything that moves is what's really broken about the fucking game.
>>
>>25898994
You're a fucking retard. Plenty of video games have difficulty settings. It's up to the player to decide how hard they want to make the game. If you want to use the Exp Share then that's perfectly fine. But don't complain about how easy the game is because you're over-levelled.

Besides, all the Exp Share does is remove the need to grind (because apparentally there are idiots who need to grind in a children's game). Grinding isn't challenging, it's just time-consuming. The game is far more enjoyable when you battle everything under-levelled anyway.
>>
>>25899113
Said thing happens in all the Pokemon games and I feel that maybe, just maybe Pokemon should stop having static Levels. Instead give trainer variable levels that change depending your level. Maybe give them like a min level but their max level is different depending on your max leveled Pokemon. Such feature would add difficulty to the series plus make shit like the Exp. Share not as broken.
>>
>>25899151
Where's the difficulty setting on the options menu, or before starting the game?

I have to know that the Exp. Share is a key item. While Pokemon fans might know this somebody playing the game for the first time might not. I personally noticed said things was an item by the time I got my bike.

That being said I'm personally not a fan of difficulty settings. I believe games should give a challenge to the player but not be too difficult. Make it a rewarding experience to beat a game, not a joyride or torture. Make it just right.
>>
Are Lati@s with soul dew better than mega Lati@s? Soul dew is banned in the Battle Maison and stuff, so I'd assume so. It's weird that a mega could be worse than the base version with an item.
>>
File: 1459701260389.png (662KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459701260389.png
662KB, 862x1000px
>>25898597
Well I bet you're a dirty pleb and used them to win. They're both options you know, not forced
>>
>>25899231
The game explicitly explains what the Exp Share does and mentions that it can be turned on and off. It's not the game's fault if the player can't read.
>>
>>25898647
The makers gave you an off switch for the exp share you cock mongling turboretard
>>
>>25899253
see
>>25898994
It can be done, but it ruins the feeling of adversity when the player is forced to handicap themselves, and the feeling of adversity is the reason we play most games in the first place.
Technically it's the players fault, but that player's fault is being human.
>>
>>25899332
If you want adversity, you don't play a children's game.
>>
>>25899332
>>25899419
Fair. But dosen't that make the whole pre-endgame objectively an aimless grind if we accept that it's really that easy? Many children have the same problem with the game as we do.
>>
>>25899646
Children these days don't like challenge, rather than blaming themselves they blame the game for being too hard and move onto a different game. So Game Freak make sure that the games can be completed by the lowest common denominator. If you want challenge for the main games, you'll have to look for it yourself.

As for the older players, Game Freak realise that the vast majority of older players play Pokemon for the competitive aspect of it. So all the adult pandering goes into streamlining the breeding mechanics and creating places like the battle resort (where everything you need for breeding is conveniently located in one place).
>>
>>25899791
Shit, man.

You know what? Fuck it. For now on I'm only using 3 PU and NU pokemen, and we'll see if that makes a difference.
Anybody else got any other suggestions about how to make the game harder without it being nightmare difficulty?
>>
>>25899859
using set instead of shift
>>
>>25898597
>Using legendaries regardless of how you get them
Maybe you're the problem?
>>
>>25898597
>I don't know how to box an already shitty legendary that isn't going to make a difference in the game and turn off the Exp. Share
Holy fuck you're retarded. Are the game devs not allowed to give young players an easy mode? Does everything have to be adult level difficulty in a casual children's game? Also nice grammar you fucking moron.
>>
>>25899791
Like really why people can't understand this.
I sweare people enjoy act like retarded faggots.
>>
File: 1414134511794.png (33KB, 194x163px) Image search: [Google]
1414134511794.png
33KB, 194x163px
>>25898669
>>25898623
>>25898841
>>25899893
>2018
>Pokemon Braindead Diamond and Retarded Pearl
>Starters are Palkia, Dialga and Giratina with their respective megastones

>t-they are optional, you know! y-you can always catch a fucking bidoof and release them! stop whining you fucking faggot!

Why do you defend this bullshit? Gen VI difficulty curve is utterly broken by any standard (exp. share, early access to megas when almost nobody uses them, free legends, even easier trainers). However, instead of blaming GF for that you say it's the player's fault for not handicapping themselves enough. Despite the game giving you ZERO incentives for doing so. You know, making a balanced experience its part of the developer's job, not ours.
>>
>>25900147
>Despite the game giving you ZERO incentives for doing so.
Making the game not a complete push-over seems like a pretty big fucking incentive for me. If you're unwilling to experiment and you only use what's given to you, then maybe Pokemon isn't the series for you.
>>
>>25900202
>and you only use what's given to you, then maybe Pokemon isn't the series for you.

yeah, I think WELL DESIGNED games are more my type.
>>
>>25900229
Then stop playing Pokemon and fuck off /vp/. This board is for people who like to take things into their own hands instead of expecting the game to do everything for you.
>>
File: 1385419134588.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1385419134588.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>25898623
How the fuck is someone playing Gen 6 for the first time, assuming OP didn't play XY, supposed to know they didn't balance the game around the buffs they made to the Exp. Share? In every generation before the Exp. Share wasn't overpowered in the slightest.
>>
>>25900147
>access to megas when almost nobody uses them
This, why make Megas such a big deal when almost nobody uses them?
I've played Star Sapphire and it's always an "Oh shit" moment when some random trainer opens up with a Mega Beedrill or a Mega Steelix.
>>
>>25899859
My first run in X I did a nuzlocke-lite where I only caught the first encounter in each area. Turned out pretty cool and I found some new bros.
See also >>25899877
>>
>>25900285
Because they literally explain to you how it works and there's a description of the item when you select it in your bag. Even if you somehow miss all this, you should be able to figure out what it does when you win a battle and notice that every single member of your team is gaining experience without needing to battle.

The games are designed for people who can read.
>>
>>25900289
Because Megas are mainly in the game to add another layer to competitive play, they're not optimised for single-player. The only reason the game gives you mega-stones during your playthrough is because they need to explain and demonstrate the mechanics to the player. And mega-evolution is only meant to be used by elite trainers, which is why very few people can use it in-game.
>>
>>25900326
>Because they literally explain to you how it works and there's a description of the item when you select it in your bag. Even if you somehow miss all this, you should be able to figure out what it does when you win a battle and notice that every single member of your team is gaining experience without needing to battle.

Where in the game does it say the Exp. Share is going to break the game? For all you know the game could be balanced around the Exp. Share's new intake. It's not, in the slightest. The Gen 1 Exp. Share also gave experience to every Pokémon in your party, too, so there's precedent of such a feature existing without completely breaking the game.

Anyone playing the game blind has no idea what to expect from the Exp. Share, and by the time they can really see the level disparity between you and your opponents, it's too late and you're already overlevelled, exactly like what happened to OP.

Not related to the topic of the thread but is /vp/ being raided today? I've opened multiple threads about XY and ORAS and if the OP complains about something in them literally at least a dozen new IP posts rush to defend the games as not being awful. /vp/ has always had drones but not like this, it's like there's been a shift in userbase.
>>
>>25900248
>game has become so easy you must dismiss several legit options to have an enjoyable experience, instead of searching for optimal strategies

>This board is for people who like to take things into their own hands instead of expecting the game to do everything for you.

Oh, the irony. Gen VII will have several memory leaks on purpose and GF will expect the players to fix the code. But /vp/ will defend that too, because here we're all hardcore players that don't need no developers finishing their fucking job.
>>
>>25898647
You seem like the kind of person who'd buy an unfurnished house and then complain that it has no furniture while you sleep on the floor.
>>
>>25900387
Probably people who heard about possible SuMo leaks.
Only reason why I'm here tbqfh senpai
>>
>>25900387
Again, you'd have to be a complete retard to not realise that you're starting to out-level all the other trainer Pokemon. At that point, a functional human being would turn off the Exp. Share.

>Not related to the topic of the thread but is /vp/ being raided today?
No. Game Freak implemented these features so that literal retards could complete the game. They figured that adults would be smart enough to turn off the optional features if they didn't want them.
>>
>>25900421
Are you seriously comparing memory leaks to an optional game feature? The real problem with Pokemon difficulty is the fact that gym leaders only have three Pokemon. It's nothing to do with the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25900446
>you'd have to be a complete retard to not realise that you're starting to out-level all the other trainer Pokemon.

Untrue. The games have sometimes had wonky level curves, like Gold and Silver where there's a big jump in levels toward the end of Johto. And the latter half of ORAS technically did raise their levels compared to RSE, albeit not remotely enough to counteract the overpoweredness of the Exp. Share.

>They figured that adults would be smart enough to turn off the optional features if they didn't want them.

AGAIN, how the fuck are you supposed to know going in blind that it messes up a playthrough like that? You don't know how the level curve is going to be, you don't know whether you want the Exp. Share or not.
>>
>>25900496
When you're already a few levels higher than every single trainer on a route, that's a pretty good indicator that you need to slow down.

I can't believe that I need to explain this sort of stuff. I thought it was common sense.
>>
>>25900446
Adults sometimes don't play all the games or know about features designed into the game. I play tested ORAS with my sister who played the original Pokemon up to gen 3. The first thing she told me was how easy the game felt and it wasnt until much later that she noticed the Exp. Share item. She is quite a smart cookie, having a 4.0 GPA at college level plus having a 165 IQ. Yet she did not know about the Exp. Share item until later. She told me that such thing seems pointless on a game that was already easy. I told her about the idea of turning it off or using crappy Pokemon and she said that if you need to limit yourself to make a game challenging then there's no point to playing the game.
>>
File: 1458182506887.png (720KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458182506887.png
720KB, 1280x720px
>>25898815
>Leveling up was supposed to be a measure of how much work you put into the game
>muh e-penis
>>
>>25900532
The game doesnt tell you anything about the Exp. Share. If you did not know any better you would think it's just a feature added to the game, not a Key Item.
>>
>>25900541
Do you play bowling with the bumpers down? Or do you not want to limit yourself?
>>
>>25900446
>>25900446
>No. Game Freak implemented these features so that literal retards could complete the game. They figured that adults would be smart enough to turn off the optional features if they didn't want them.

Then, if it is a last resort for absolute retards, why making it the default option, regardless of your skill or progression? Imagine that new marios had the white tanooki as the default Mario form in ever single level, instead of being a bonus after a certain number of deaths. Would you also defend that?

>>25900485
It's a fucking hyperbole. But both are part of the developer's job, not the player's.

>>25900532
I've yet to see a jrpg where you're expected to think "woah, things seem a little too easy, better use worse gear".
>>
>>25900556
It is you fucking dweeb. Level up in RPGs are a way to measure work. The idea is that with work anything is possible. The grind is not a punishment but a process to gain power or knowledge. Said power is used to achieve success and gaining rewards as a result. It was a way to simulate real life on primitive hardware.
>>
>>25900558
An NPC gives you the Exp. Share and explains what it does. If you could read then you would know this.

I don't even know why I'm continuing to argue with you. If you can't read dialogue from an NPC then you obviously can't read my posts.
>>
>>25900532
>I thought it was common sense.

If you do Jasmine before fighting Pryce in GSC, you suddenly have a DROP in levels. That doesn't mean avoid all Exp. at all costs, though, because then the Radio Tower has a sudden SPIKE in levels. Considering ORAS changed story and locations from RSE you don't know how much they're going to stay with or stray from the level curve. If there's a sudden spike not in the original RSE (plus all this time I've been assuming the player has played RSE, what if they haven't? What if RSE had a giant spike in it that makes Johto look balanced, and the player who hadn't played RSE didn't know that?) you'd suddenly be noticeably under-levelled.
>>
>>25900589
Who cares if you end up being under-levelled? It's the only time when the games become remotely challenging.
>>
>>25900561
Bad example. Bowling by DEFAULT has no bumpers. You add bumpers if you feel the game is too hard for you unlike ORAS which has "bumpers" by DEFAULT.
>>
meanwhile in x and y you get 2 starters for free... All starters are pseudo legendary by default, but heres 2, given a free mega lucario which is already a very strong pokemon to begin, but to hand one to you for free is a lot.

The idea of giving the player latios is along the same line of silly, but it actually part of the story, if you didn't take them, team magma/aqua would have....
It's not lucario level of, "hey i just met you, and this is crazy but hers my mega, so use me maybe..."
>>
>>25898647
So basically you want the game to suck.
>>
File: Fag.png (20KB, 541x378px) Image search: [Google]
Fag.png
20KB, 541x378px
>>25898647
>>
>>25900588
Not him but it was on X/Y that they gave the instructions bout the exp share.
>>
>>25900623
The only reason the Exp. Share is on by default is because the retards who would actually need it probably wouldn't be able to turn it on. Anyone who's smart enough to not need it would be able to easily turn it off.
>>
File: What5.jpg (15KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
What5.jpg
15KB, 320x310px
>>25900631
>All starters are pseudo legendary by default
Nigga what
>>
>>25900541
>turning off the Exp. Share is limiting yourself
Reminder that this is one samefagging anon trying to force this and that nobody else here is THIS retarded.
>>
>>25900614
Well if you're a novice player you probably want to keep roughly levelled. Imagine playing something like Star Sapphire, a difficulty hack of ORAS, without the Exp. Share, because it's balanced to be challenging even with it. You'd be overwhelmed and may have to resort to grinding to win. Pokémon of course is easier than that, but what if you're new to the series and don't KNOW that?
>>
>>25898597
Kids these days are idiots and always blame the game if they fuck up. Or just plainly drop it if they are stuck. Which is why the games are easier.
The games are easier, but as I said its a reason for it, and I don't see that changing. This is what you should be accustomed to from no on.
However faggots trying to say that handicapping yourself doesn't have any effect on your enjoyment needs to shut up as well.
>>
>there are people here that legitimately think that grinding is enjoyable and not just tedious bullshit
>>
>>25900682
Then you keep trying until you win. Use different strategies, try using different TMs, try buying some items to help you out. Knowing basic type match-ups is far more important than being a high level. This has been the case ever since the series was created.
>>
The game gave me Latias. I named it Giftmon and slapped it in the PC for the rest of the game.
>>
>>25900541
>The first thing she told me was how easy the game felt and it wasnt until much later that she noticed the Exp. Share item.
Your sister must not have been paying attention to notice she got EXP share.
>>
File: 100szze.jpg (16KB, 221x225px) Image search: [Google]
100szze.jpg
16KB, 221x225px
>>25898647
>>
>>25900731
If you think that people want grinding your missing the point completely.
The goal isn't to be underleveled and then grind up to your overleveled as shit to curb stomp the opponent. If that was the case then yeah just stick with the how the games are now.
What people actually want is to be underleveled and not grind, so that the battles can be a bit entertaining.
>>
>>25900496
>like Gold and Silver where there's a big jump in levels toward the end of Johto
You don't need to grind in Gold/Silver to beat the game though, just battling every trainer gives you enough experience to beat the elite four. The only exception is Red, you'll probably need to grind a little to beat him.

And in HGSS, you don't even need to grind to beat him. I beat Red with a team of level 50s (which is about 30 levels below his team).
>>
>>25900788
You can do that though, you just need to turn off the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25900734
Yes, I know you can beat enemies vastly underlevelled if you optimize your moveset. But I'm talking about doing a normal run where the game throws you mild challenges without you handicapping yourself.

I can do a buster-only, no upgrades playthrough of Megaman X (using that one code that beats Chill Penguin without getting the boots), but the game is still enjoyable and not a pushover when you play it normally using all the tools at your disposal. I should be able to have an enjoyable playthrough of Pokémon without handicapping myself to solo the game with a Sunkern or some shit.

>>25900797
I was providing a hyperbole in which the spike was much greater than in GSC.
>>
File: 1460206275650.jpg (118KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1460206275650.jpg
118KB, 960x540px
>>25900738
>Got EXP share
>Turned it on and off when I felt some of my team was Under Level since I didn't give them time to battle, wanna constantly switch them in and out, or when I was just Lvl up Pokemon to get them to evolve for my dex
>Got Latios
>Used him once or twice then stuck him in the box when I decided on my team
>>
>>25900541

>4.0 GPA 165 IQ

You're trying way too hard
>>
>>25900814
I played through ORAS without it and was always about the same level as the opponents or even slightly above. Didn't grind, but beat all regular trainers.
>>
>>25900821
Megaman is a series famous for its difficulty, unlike Pokemon. Pokemon is famous for being a kid-friendly series.
>>
>>25900738
I named mine "Wh.ore"
>>
>>25900862
>Megaman is a series famous for its difficulty

It's not that hard, really. Something like Ninja Gaiden is a lot harder when it comes to classic platformers.

And Megaman X is the easiest game in the X series by a wide margin, too.
>>
>>25900821
>I can do a buster-only, no upgrades playthrough of Megaman X (using that one code that beats Chill Penguin without getting the boots), but the game is still enjoyable and not a pushover when you play it normally using all the tools at your disposal. I should be able to have an enjoyable playthrough of Pokémon without handicapping myself to solo the game with a Sunkern or some shit.

Holy fucking shit man, I did not remember that. That is one hell of an example. Megaman X is the very definition of my gift vs reward theory in action. Megaman X by default is a challenging game but can be beaten with the bare essentials if you are good. But the game gives you the boot upgrade as a way to tell you, hey doofus see this boots well I put others like it somewhere else go find them. By giving you the boots, it nudges the player into going out of his way to find the other parts, hearts and sub-tanks. The boots being a gift are not broken and simply add another dimension to the game. In fact non of the items except maybe the hadouken are broke. And even that last one you need to have full health to use it.
>>
>>25900862
NES Megaman is easy compared to other NES games of it's time. Megaman X is probably the easiest Megaman game ever and yet it's considered one of the best of all time. The reason is that it's a game that everyone can play and beat. If you are a lousy gamer the joy of finding upgrades gives you incentives to keep playing and if you are a pro gamer, finding new ways to beat the game helps you replay the game. Other games in that series went a little overboard with the difficulty at times but the original is to this day one of the most accessible games of the Megaman Series.
>>
>>25900883
>>25900928
Honestly the main reason most NES games were hard is because the player's movement was heavily restricted and recoil physics would fuck you over badly. Mega Man had pretty tight controls so it was easy by comparison. Ninja Gaiden holds up pretty well too for a NES game.

Having said that, even the easiest Mega Man game is harder than any Pokemon game.
>>
>stuff like megas and amie were big selling points for gen VI
>can't actually use them during the main games because they make it far too easy for it to be enjoyable
somehow, people will defend this
>>
Why do retards complain about exp share being easy when they choose to overlevel themselves?
>>
>>25900975
Also, it's worth noting that it's hard to compare difficulty in platformers to difficulty in RPGs. If a platformer is difficult, the player is required to get good. Even in modern Mario games where they give you the White Tanooki Suit, the player still has to perform the actual platforming (they just no longer have to worry about enemies).

With RPGs, whenever the game gets difficult you can just grind.
>>
>>25900387
Exp share didn't break my game since I'm not a retard.
>>
>>25901013
Because it's flat out poor game design. Game breaking items like that should at least be hidden away somewhat and not be obligatory and get turned on automatically. Which you then have to turn of.
If they wanted a difficulty switch then just make a regular one instead.
>>
>>25901011
Random crits and endurings ruined Amie for me. I don't mind the bonus exp tho
>>
>>25901061
If you catch and train more pokemon like I did its no game-breaking.
>>
>>25901051
If you're going to suggest I constantly throw away my team and replace them with new ones to counteract the Exp. buff, then you are a retard.
>>
>>25901122
Wow, now I have 12 overleveled Pokemon instead of 6!
>>
>>25901127
It's literally called gotta catch em all.
>>
>>25901061
The fact is that before gen 6's Exp. Share, a lot of Pokemon players used to grind until their Pokemon were over-levelled (for some reason). All the new Exp. Share does is save those players some time. It also makes grinding for Pokedex completion, EV training, post-game level grinding a lot more convenient. Seeing as it's completely optional, it doesn't break the game if you turn it off so it's 100% better than the old design in my opinion.

Also, I have a bad experience with the Exp. Share being a hold item. So maybe I'm just a little biased.
>>
>>25901146
Yes, catch 'em all is a thing, but it's unrelated to the team you bond with in a main game playthrough. I'm not fucking N, I want to bond with my teammates and watch them grow.
>>
>Turned exp.share instantly off
>Boxed the damn Latias instantly.
>I chose to just mega evolve only a Glalie when i caught one.

It's matter of choice and having eyes. If you want to make the game super-easy, that's your choice. Don't blame it on Game freak.

In-game is anyway about using your favorites and bros rather than using what's best.
>>
File: adfgg.png (619KB, 854x481px) Image search: [Google]
adfgg.png
619KB, 854x481px
>>25901061
>Because it's flat out poor game design
Not really, poor game design would be not being able to turn EXP share off at all or with it on the second you start the game and never being told about it until you notice the exp share text after a battle.
>>
>>25901127
You don't need to throw away your team, you just need to turn the Exp. Share off. Alternatively you can leave it on and cycle between a team of more than 6 Pokemon. You don't release your older Pokemon, you box them for a while and let some other Pokemon gain experience.
>>
>>25901233
If that's what you meant, then yes, it won't break your game if you turn it off.

The entire issue here is that you don't KNOW to turn it off if you're going in blind.

>>25901230
>shared

"Oh, so it's like Gen 1 where it's a six-way split evenly?"
>>
Just a friendly reminder that kiterally no Pokemon game can ever be described as anything even remotely considered difficult. I challenge you to describe any changes that you would make that could ever make any Pokemon game in any way difficult.

And please, don't mistake "grinding" as "difficulty."
>>
>>25901155
>The fact is that before gen 6's Exp. Share, a lot of Pokemon players used to grind until their Pokemon were over-levelled (for some reason).
Never heard of people doing that, those people must be faggots. And they're definitely not kids, because the grid as little as possible.
>It also makes grinding for Pokedex completion, EV training, post-game level grinding a lot more convenient.
I would have had no problem with the current Exp Share if it was post-game only.
>Also, I have a bad experience with the Exp. Share being a hold item.
Huh, I quite liked it. Certainly good for getting one member to catch up to the rest.
>>
>>25901230
>>25901233
>>25901204

You people simply are simply to immerse in the meme or too stubborn to see that gimping yourself to make a game more difficult is not a correct design choice. You can do a Buster only Megaman run on a Megaman game to make it harder, but the game were developed with the idea that you will use other weapons and items. ORAS was not developed with the idea of having Exp. Share or Mega Pokemon and it shows. But instead of having said features being hidden they are DEFAULT. By DEFAULT the Exp Share is turned on and given to you early into the game, and by DEFAULT you are given Mega Stone + Legendary in the Middle of the game. Yes you can turn it off or don't use Megas but by DEFAULT you are given said tools.
>>
>>25901263
>The entire issue here is that you don't KNOW to turn it off if you're going in blind
If you're the kind of person that worries about being under-levelled in a Pokemon game then it's best if you just leave the Exp. Share on and play the game in babby mode.
>>
>>25901272
*literally
>>
>>25901305
By default people are given brains but they don't use them either.
>>
>>25901272
And nobody has said that the games should be hard, but harder. There are different levels of easiness.
>>
>>25901358
It is impossible for any Pokemon game to be "harder." The only thing you can do is increase any grinding. If you think that is "difficulty," then you should say that at the start.
>>
>>25901310
He is obviously a person that worries about being overleveled, not underleveled.
And going in blind, it's reasonable to expect a game to be built around the default settings.
>>
>>25901310
Not him but Exp. Share on is not babby mode but the DEFAULT mode. Again, having it on is the DEFAULT option.

Not easy mode, casual mode, babby mode, but DEFAULT mode. My main problem is that said game breaking tool is given to you in the beginning and it's on by DEFAULT. I have said before on this thread, and you people should read it, that something like the Exp. Share should be a reward for completing a task like getting certain amount of Pokemon captured.
>>
>>25901392
How does Exp Share make the game easier? Does it lower the level of your opponents Pokemon? Does it make all your move super effective? Does it heal all your Pokemon during battle? Does it allow you to have 8 Pokemon?
>>
>>25900147
>However, instead of blaming GF for that you say it's the player's fault for not handicapping themselves enough
Because pokemon is a game where you tailor make you own playthrough and was never difficult, it was arguably easier in gen 1 but that's besides the point.
Anyway, if you're unwilling to make your run the way you want it to be and purposely use the mechanics and gifts meant for new players then you have no right to complain especially if you're an experienced player.

Complaining about this shit is like complaining about mario being easy because you can jump.
>>
>>25901375
>It is impossible for any Pokemon game to be "harder." The only thing you can do is increase any grinding. If you think that is "difficulty," then you should say that at the start.
How about not grinding, but still fighting against the same enemies but at lower level. Sure you can make it just as easy by grinding, but then you're doing a deliberate choice.
Also you can certainly make the game easier by giving away pokémon instead of having to catch them, and NPCs healing mid route and so on.
>>
>>25901302
>Never heard of people doing that
Most of the people I know in real life do it. I really don't understand why though.

>I would have had no problem with the current Exp Share if it was post-game only.
The Exp Share is useful in-game if you've just caught a Pokemon and want it to quickly reach the same level as your other team members. It's especially useful at the start of the game, when you've just caught multiple Pokemon that you want to use and you want to level them all up at once.

>Huh, I quite liked it.
I was raising a Togetic in Platinum. I used Metronome, which turned into Fling. So I lost my Exp. Share. There was also another time when a Pokemon used Knock Off on me while I was holding the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25901429
It increases your levels by a ridiculous amount.
>>
>>25901392
Pokemon is a babby franchise, you need to accept that. If people want a challenge in a Pokemon game, they'll play online against real humans rather than shitty AI.
>>
>>25901446
So, you do think that time spent grinding is difficulty? Just say that at the start next time.
>>
>>25901429
It makes it easy to have an extremely over leveled 6 Pokemon Team. The game is not designed to have the Exp. Share on by DEFAULT. Yet it has the Exp. Share On by DEFAULT for some reason. The Exp. Share was a lazy way to make everyone be able to beat the game. IMO it's even worse than the White Tanuki Suit or other "Win" Buttons in modern Mario Games. Said tools are given to crappy players in order to make it easier for them to beat stage. But they still have to beat the stage and good players might never even see said tools.
>>
>>25901469
It allows you to raise your Pokemon to more than level 100? That is pretty gamebreaking.
>>
>>25901164
I just beat X this morning and my pokemon were about 10-15 levels below the Elite 4, from a team of 14 pokes. I haven't played Pokemon since RSE days so there's no way I'd be able to remember 700 Pokemon without it being easier to try them out.
>>
>>25901453
>The Exp Share is useful in-game if you've just caught a Pokemon and want it to quickly reach the same level as your other team members. It's especially useful at the start of the game, when you've just caught multiple Pokemon that you want to use and you want to level them all up at once
I feel like the gen II-V Exp Share did that better, since it didn't fuck with your other members.
>I was raising a Togetic in Platinum. I used Metronome, which turned into Fling. So I lost my Exp. Share. There was also another time when a Pokemon used Knock Off on me while I was holding the Exp. Share.
Sad to here that. It probably should have been a non losable item like a Mega Stone.
>>
>>25901469
You make it sound like a pokemon could go from level 5 to 50 in a heartbeat.
>>
>>25901479
That's not what he said. By your definition no JRPG can be difficult.
>>
>>25901479
I'm saying NOT grinding but challenging the opponents while underleveled. Read the fucking post.
>>
>>25901305
>You people simply are simply to immerse in the meme or too stubborn to see that gimping yourself to make a game more difficult is not a correct design choice.
You do realise what series this is right?
This is pokemon, the game with 700+ pokemon to choose from with items to put on them or use making a large amount of customization and player choice. It's literally designed for the player to play the way they want and it always has been like that.

This is the problem with you kids, you're so "in the box" and refuse to diverge because of what may possibly be idiocy or some kind of fear.
>>
>>25901484
It's on by default because the people who actually need the Exp. Share would be too stupid to turn it on if it was off by default.

The fact that there are supposed 18+ year olds in this thread who didn't realise what the Exp. Share did until half-way through the game just illustrates how stupid most gamers are.
>>
>>25901484
So? If you really want the game to be hard... Uh.... You could... Go play a hard game.

Seriously, when you can beat the game witha sufficiently levelled Meowth, no Pokemon game can be hard.

Again, can ANYONE suggest anything that would make a Pokemon game hard?
>>
>>25901479
The original Pokemon games had little to no Grinding. The idea is to be able to beat the game by applying the type match ups and using the correct Pokemon for the right tasks. Level grinding is a way for less skillful players to beat the game. While granted this isnt a perfect system, cause it can be broken by a single starter run it still much better than having a fucking Exp. Share.
>>
>>25901453
>The Exp Share is useful in-game if you've just caught a Pokemon and want it to quickly reach the same level as your other team members.

You're not going to accomplish that when it also gives your other team members the same amount of Exp.
>>
>>25901504
You get 350% the regular amount. That's a damn significant amount of exp.
>>
>>25901526
Smarter AI?
>>
>>25901484
>IMO it's even worse than the White Tanuki Suit
Well duh, white tanuki is the best way to do it.
Use the suit? Have the mark of shame.
>>
>>25901530
You can do the exact same in gen 6, you just turn off the Exp. Share. If it's still too easy for you then you pretend to be Solid Snake and avoid trainer encounters.
>>
>>25901489
Haha you're so funny man.
>>
>>25901539
Then box them retard no one is rushing you
>>
>>25901539
>the same amount of Exp.
It's half experience. I'm not surprised that people complaining about the Exp. Share have no fucking idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>25901511
Some jRPGs can be difficult because of max levels or limited experience points in total.

>>25901530
Gen 1 only had a longer/slower grinding time. Again, if you think that grinding time == difficulty, just say that at the outset.
>>
>>25901515
The idea of having multiple Pokemon is more of a puzzle. You are given various options, with others being better than others. A good player is able to choose which options are better while a lousy one doesnt. The player should be rewarded by picking the best choices by not needing to grind while a lousy player should not. Level grinding is the great equalizer that gives lousy players a chance to even the odds if they work hard. The reason for the grind is that they did not choose correctly therefore they need extra work to move on. Skill in the game is measured by the amount of time it takes to beat the game.
>>
>>25901305
It was more like a indirect difficulty switch, many JRPG games have difficulty settings now. Pokemon is just more indirect. Game is still easy even without the tools. Most JRPG have the easier mode on by default, it's a basic design choice to prevent filthy casuals from accidently getting into harder mode.
>>
>>25901526
He never said he wanted it to be hard. Just not complete overkill mode.
>>
>>25898647

>Start up game
>Difficulty setting
>It's set to normal by default even though there is a hard and super hard setting
>WELL THE DEVS WANT ME TO PLAY NORMAL SO

Turn off the shift battle setting, turn off exp share and don't use legendaries.
Then the game is challenging enough that it won't put you into a coma of boredom.
>>
>>25901593
You have literally missed the point of pokemon, hard.
>>
>>25901593
Finally someone admits that they think time grinding is difficulty. For me, I would prefer actual difficulty, like in the stadium/PBR games.
>>
>>25901553
>You get 350% the regular amount
Quit exaggerating you drama queen.
>>
>>25901584
How the fuck does it help you catch up a weaker Pokémon if you have to DEDICATE A GRINDING SESSION TO IT BY BOXING YOUR ENTIRE TEAM?

>>25901590
If your Pokémon is weak enough that you can't battle with it and need to specifically have it catch up by gaining an extra amount of Exp., you aren't going to be battling with it. It will gain 50% Exp. along with the rest of your team, except the one in the lead spot which will gain 100% Exp., for a total of 350%.
>>
>>25901602
Except there's no hard mode in Pokemon unless you use totally terrible mons.
>>
>>25901625
A regular battle gives one pokémon 100%.

With Exp Share the battler gets 100%, and the 5 other gets 50%. 100+5x50=350%.

It's literally a fact.
>>
>>25901593
You need to understand that not all Pokemon are equal when it comes to battling capabilities. If you balance the game by assuming the player will carry six legendaries, the trainer who carries six shitmons has no option but to grind.

With the way the Exp. Share now works, weaker Pokemon are usable and you can turn it off if you don't need it.

>Level grinding is the great equalizer that gives lousy players a chance to even the odds if they work hard
Likewise, the Exp. Share is there for lousy players who need it.
>>
>>25898880

Lots of games are like that though.
I bet you played GTA V with the lock on as well and just flicked L and R triggers over and over for 12 hours.

Sometimes you have to turn casual features off because the developers know people like you who actually need them are going to be too dumb to find them in the menu.
>>
>>25901593
>The reason for the grind is that they did not choose correctly therefore they need extra work to move on. Skill in the game is measured by the amount of time it takes to beat the game.
Question, what if someone finds the game easy but doesn't want to rush it like you?
Does that mean they suck at the game? Or that your perspective on things is wrong?

Seriously your whole argument is nonsensical to a degree where I could almost pity you.
>>
>>25901564
It's not the same. In Gen 1-5 there was an illusion of difficulty while in Gen 6 there is none. Anyone can have an over leveled team w/o grinding making it not as important to have the right team. Even crappy teams can get by because they are 10-20 levels higher than the AI. ORAS even gives you a Legendary making it even easier to beat the game. Again before you needed to work in order to be much higher than the AI and now you don't.
>>
>>25901630

No but if you actually want to play the game and be required to pay some attention to what you're doing you need set battle style and exp share off.

set makes battles much faster as well, no lines of text after every faint telling you what is next and asking if you want to switch.
>>
>>25901651
Then, If a pokemon with a gains 40 from an opponent with no EXP share on, how much will the entire team get with EXP share on?
>>
>>25901705
The first Pokémon gets 40 Exp. and the other 5 get 20.

40+20*5 = 140.
>>
>>25901683
So basically you would prefer if the game tricked you into thinking it was hard as opposed to either being hard or accepting that it isn't meant to be.

Are you an idiot?
Also replay gen 1. There is no difficulty illusion or otherwise, the game is easier than X and Y for gods sake.
>>
>>25901683
>In Gen 1-5 there was an illusion of difficulty
No there wasn't. If you honestly think this then you are the kind of person that Game Freak was pandering to when they created the new Exp. Share.
>>
>>25901656
> If you balance the game by assuming the player will carry six legendaries,
That has never been the scenario, however if you balance it around the player having 6six moderately strong pokémon, which is the usual thing to do, the shitmon player won't necessary have to grind. Sure he will have a harder battle but with some actual strategy he can pull it off.
>>
If you really want a hard monster raising JRPG, find a game called Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Lucifer's Call in Europe) also known as SMT3.
It's a PS2 game and it's hard mode is insane even for JRPG veterans such as myself.

Even grinding is difficult when monsters can kill you in one turn if you get unlucky and you can't really retreat even. Oh and you need luck to get past the tutorial fights too.

And then there's this douchebag of a boss who's not even optional had me stuck for a good 7 hours of tries before beating him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM
>>
>>25901683

Then turn it off.
I had it off throughout X and was 10 levels lower than Diantha.
Literally all of your complaints are solved by turning off an item as soon as the game starts.

>I'm too autistic to do that though!
>>
>>25901726
Well that doesn't seem like 350% the regular amount honestly
>>
>>25901657
>>25901736
>if you don't like the game beating itself you're so dumb you need it!

I'm pretty sure the people who defend it are the ones who can't beat the games without them, otherwise they wouldn't want it.

>>25901757
40*3.5 = 140
>>
>>25901670

Let me clarify my argument cause it seems people here love to get sidetracked on the details.

Time wasted grinding = Lack of skill of the player.
>>
>>25901760

Literally no one defends the exp share but do you know something?

you can turn it off
>>
>>25901757
It's not, these idiots like to lump the exp altogether as if ever pokemon gets a 350% gain
>>
>>25898669
>yfw Delta Emerald introduces a new Exp. All that sends exp points AND EV points to all your boxed pokemon
>yfw it works even if you don't give it to any pokemon
>yfw it's a key item
>>
>>25901782
>Literally no one defends the exp share

They've been doing it all thread.

>spoiler

A person playing the game blind doesn't fucking know they need to do that.

>>25901796
In the long run, if you use all six Pokémon evenly, they do.
>>
>>25901752
I did that, but it makes the game far less enjoyable. Beating the champion while holding back isn't a satisfying experience.
>>25901757
It certainly is though.
>>
>>25901760
The battle mode is automatically set as Switch, but you can change it to Set if you want more of a challenge. Do you complain about this too? I bet you don't even use Set.
>>
>>25901779
>Time wasted grinding = Lack of skill of the player.
That logic makes no sense at all.
>>
>>25901814
I do use Set. But even if I didn't, playing on Switch is not nearly as casual as playing with the Gen 6 Exp. Share.
>>
>>25901656

Indeed not all Pokemons are created equal. Some are better than others. But all Pokemon are the equal chance to be used in the game. But you need to put work into it in order to beat the game with lesser Pokemon. Just like IRL some people are smarter, stronger, or plain ol' better than others. But work helps equalize people to become better versions of themselves. In Pokemon work is the grinding. Grinding is work, not something hard or difficult to do but work none less.
>>
>>25901812

No, we've been criticising your frankly autistic decision to not choose an option in a game simply because the contrary is selected by default.

How the fuck do you get through real RPGs with actual choices?
>>
>>25901796
Nobody said that every pokémon gets 350% However 350% shared among the whole team is already a ridiculous amount.
>>
>>25901846
I'm not OP.
>>
>>25901813

>Beating the champion while holding back

???

What?
>>
>>25901841
The point is that both are entirely optional. In fact, the game actually tells you about the Exp. Share while it doesn't tell you about Set/Switch.

If you're okay with the Set/Switch options then you should have even less of a problem with the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25901812
>In the long run, if you use all six Pokémon evenly, they do.
They never will, the exp share will always give 50% of exp to each pokemon. Unless you grind you won't be overlevelled.

The big issue with the game however is the new capture exp.
>>
>>25901748
SMT games delve to much into the insane difficulty that I feel is not as fun. It's all about balance. Not too hard, not too easy, just right.
>>
>>25901859
Because you have had the exp share off the whole time it doesn't feel like you have done your best during the journey. It just makes the champion (and every other character) look really pathetic when you beat them.
>>
>>25901853
>However 350% shared among the whole team is already a ridiculous amount
Not really, because the rest of the team will only earn 50% at all times, even when you don't have a full team. So the number isn't really a set 350% in all honesty.
>>
>>25901865
The exp share problem is that it gives 50% of your exp to all Pokemon while you get 100%. It's pretty much Free Exp. A good balance could be to divide Exp so that your front Pokemon gets 50% while the others get 1/5 of that other 50%. It shares Exp around but does not give you free exp.
>>
>>25901865
>Battle 1
>only use Pokémon 1
>Battle 2
>only use Pokémon 2
>etc.

No Exp. Share:
>each Pokémon gains one battle's worth of Exp., 100% the normal amount

With Exp. Share:
>Pokémon 1 gains 100% in Battle 1
>gains 50% in Battles 2-6
>100% + 50% + 50% + 50% + 50% + 50% = 350%
>Pokémon 2 gains 100% in Battle 2
>gains 50% in Battle 1 and Battles 3-6
>50% + 100% + 50% + 50% + 50% + 50% = 350%
>etc.

How is this not each Pokémon gaining 350% Exp.?
>>
>>25901865
>They never will, the exp share will always give 50% of exp to each pokemon.
>Unless you grind you won't be overlevelled.
Assuming you still talk about having it on, you most definitely will.
>>
>>25898994
This game is balanced for children and casuals, not "hard core" gamers like you seem to think you are. It's plenty "balanced" in keeping a casual player or child interested and not wandering off to play Mine craft or candy crush because grinding got too tedious.

Yet, they made sure to include it as a feature so that more experienced players get at least...well, not a complete waste of time. The game is still designed to be easy, but they could have made the exp share permanent. Then you'd have reason to bitch, because then they are ACTUALLY telling you how to play.

This debate of yours screams "GF isn't catering to me" and that makes you a whiny, entitled faggot.
>>
>>25901917
Or you could turn it off.
>>
>>25901873
SMT3 gives you the choice at start however, and normal mode is not too difficult but not too easy either. Even some current JRPGs of genres that some consider "for children" has actually challenging difficulty in hard difficulty and decently challenging difficulty in normal difficulty...

Like the new Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. My casual friend who has not much JRPG experience outside pokemon had some big problems in the end game bosses like BanchoLeomon.
>>
>>25898647

If you're so autistic you have to do everything GF tells you to because you don't have a mind of your own, then you have no right to complain about the game being easy.
>>
File: 1385424921577.jpg (75KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1385424921577.jpg
75KB, 710x545px
>>25901941
NEW PLAYERS DO NOT KNOW THEY NEED TO DO THAT.
>>
>>25901919
>How is this not each Pokémon gaining 350% Exp.?
Because each pokemon doesn't get the 350 you colossal retard.
>>
>>25901940
GF could give actual choice to pick hard difficulty for those that enjoy challenge.

What would be better hard mode than giving 100lvl teams to Elite Four and Champion? Even with decent movesets and etc? It's easy to IV-breed and EV-train now.... So i can't see why not?
>>
>>25901979
But they DO. It's fucking BASIC MATH.

If the lead Pokémon of each battle gained 40 Exp. and the others gained 20 Exp., and you rotated each Pokémon for six battles with the same Exp. amount, then 40+20+20+20+20+20 = 140 for each Pokémon. That is each individual Pokémon receiving 350% of the experience they would normally receive.

If I'm being baited you're doing a fantastic fucking job, I should quickly commend.
>>
>>25901230
THE GAME EXPLICITLY TELLS YOU THAT IT CAN BE TURNED OFF. SEE >>25901975
>>
>>25901919
>How is this not each Pokémon gaining 350% Exp.?
Honestly when you say 350% you make it seems like they gain 50% from the Pokemon who didn't battle and then an additional 350% on top of that.
>>
>>25898893

Using only 1 Pokemon is literally babby mode since you're always extremely over-leveled.
>>
>>25902016
THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY NEED TO, IS MY POINT. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH IT BREAKS THE GAME, AND IF THEY FIND OUT NATURALLY THEN IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALREADY OVERLEVELED.
>>
>>25901979
Your failure of math is amazing.

It's not about a single pokemon, it's about the team. Your team as a whole gets free exp. If you have a 6 man team where the first one gets 100 exp and the others get 50 you have created 250 exp out of thin air for the whole team. A better solution is to divide the 100 exp into 50 exp for the leader and 10 exp for the rest.
>>
>>25902012
Oh my fucking God.
It's unbelievable that there are people as retarded as you on the Internet.
>>
>>25901916
>Not really, because the rest of the team will only earn 50% at all times
Putting it together shows that every pokémon getting 50% is anything but only. In the long run your team will have 3.5 times as much exp stored within it, which is a lot.
>even when you don't have a full team. So the number isn't really a set 350% in all honesty.
Most people have a decent team by third or fourth gym, and even then the exp share makes it so fodder just stuck in your party have high enough levels so that they can actually do something.
>>
>complains about Game Freak making the game too easy
>complains about Game Freak not making it clear enough how to turn off easy mode
I never realised that you could be too stupid for Pokemon.
>>
>>25902030
>>25902030
>>25902030

This, by the point you realize it breaks the game it's already too late. You are already stronger than anything that the game might throw at you.
>>
>>25902039
>it's about the team.
Then the entire complaint is irrelevant because you'll only be overlevelled if you grind.
>>
>>25902023
No, that's not what people mean when they say 350%. They mean that, in the grand total of the game, your team, assuming you've kept the same Pokémon throughout and used them evenly, gains 350% of the experience.

Also, while we're talking about traps that make the game too easy, fucking Pokémon Amie. The bonuses you get from that are unremoveable (they might be if you trade, I admit I haven't tried such, but even if so that's a lot of work to reset your Pokémon to not be overpowered) and you don't know just how good you become until you're already screwed. And you can get it just by messing around with a new, widely advertised feature, innocently just trying it out without the intention of breaking the game.

>>25902043
Show me the math that proves me wrong. Show me what world it's not 350%.
>>
>>25902071
Okay I have been baited hard tonight boys.

Seriously With the exp. share on you won't ever need to grind. Not even with crappy teams.
>>
>>25902030
They'd find out naturally in the first battle after getting EXP share if they read instead of press A or B.
They problem seems to be that people just don't pay attention.
>>
>>25902030
>>25902068
If you actually get to a point where you end up being overlevelled because you never turned off the Exp. Share, all that means is that you're an idiot who can't read. That's not Game Freak's fault, that's your own fault.
>>
In Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth whole team gets the EXP of the fight, that doesn't make the game easier though because by the design you are getting quite a bit of challenge and especially if playing on hard difficulty... you need strategy in addition to 99lvl Megas. So why can't Pokemon have that if Digimon can?
>>
>>25902071
You'll be overleveled without grinding if you leave the Exp Share on.
>>
>>25902087
>They problem seems to be that people just don't pay attention.
That's the current generation of gamers for you
>>
>>25902094
Really? Man I need to buy an PS4 or a Vita then. Granted I never been a fan of all the recolors in Digimon or the weird way they evolve. But that sounds interesting.
>>
>>25902087
>>25902091
As fucking stated several times over in this thread, you don't know the level curve when you go in blind and don't know whether the level curve accommodates for the Exp. Share, holy shit we're going in circles.
>>
>>25902087
Fairly sure the it doesn't state the amount of exp given to the rest of your team, just that "some" is shared with them.
>>
>>25901846
I like exp share though.
>>
>>25902110
I bet the current generation of gamers can't even beat Final Fantasy 4 (USA version) on SNES which was easified version of already easy JRPG game.
>>
>the game is too easy because I use overpowered shit!
>don't use it then
>BUT IT'S THERE IN THE GAME SO I LITERALLY CAN'T STOP MYSELF FROM USING IT WHY DOESN'T IT GET REMOVED BECAUSE I'M A LITERAL RETARD THAT CAN'T GO AGAINST GF'S WISHES
>>
>>25902039
>>25902043
His math is right.
>>
>>25902120
In Cyber Sleuth there's not many recolors apart from the various Numemon and Sukamon variations. Even if there are, they usually work differently or worse than other recolor variant.
>>
>>25902122
Rule one of pokemon, it doesn't work like other rpgs.
The exp share is designed in a way to allow the player to use multiple pokemon, which is why it's on by default GF wants you to switch out pokemon regularly.
>>
>>25902122
And like I've said multiple times, you shouldn't have to worry about the level curve. The worst case scenario is that you'll end up under-levelled. But it's still easy to beat the game if you are under-levelled.

The problem seems to be that you're an idiot who can't play Pokemon properly.
>>
>>25902161
>>25902063
Neither of these posts were new IPs.
>>
>>25902180
I fucking knew you were in this thread. See >>25901127
>>
>>25902197
Neither of those posts are unreasonable either.
>>
>>25901910

What?

You are always underleveled in the gen 1 - 5 games when you face the Champion unless you grind.

Trolling, never played Pokemon before Gen VI or just retarded?
>>
>>25902207
So what are you trying to say?
That you're retarded?
>>
You literally don't have to use it.
Also, all of the starters are press to win buttons.
Pokemon is not and never has been hard.
>>
File: Cool Cat.png (27KB, 143x194px) Image search: [Google]
Cool Cat.png
27KB, 143x194px
>>25902079
So what your saying is that as a total, the entire team gains 350% when you add the percents, but individually One Pokemon earns 100% of the EXP for actually doing the work while the the others earn 50%.
So if one Pokemon earns 40 EXP, the others earns 20EXP and as a all together they got 200EXP?
>>
I agree it is easy.....
I like it easy
>>
The problem with Exp. Share is that the game is not designed for it. They should have made it so that if you have the Exp. Share on you are able to keep up with the Trainers not be above their levels.
>>
>>25902231
>200EXP
I mean 140 I think.
I'm mixing up max problems in my head.
>>
>>25901910
That reasoning is off. One would think that training their pokemon without the quick nature of the exp Share would make it feel like you've gone all out during your journey rather tycoon soloing with one pokemon.
>>
>>25902248
The level curve is designed for you not to use the Exp. Share. The only problem with it is that it's turned on by default. But judging by this thread, it seems that some people were too stupid to turn it off. So I'd imagine that they'd be too stupid to turn it on if they actually needed it.
>>
>>25902216
I don't see how any of what you posted is contradicting my post. In gen I-V you will probably be underleveled if you don't grind in most cases, but you still went with everything you got.
In gen VI you have to turn it off to get anything resembling the same results, which makes it feel like you never gave it your best.
>>
>>25902182
>you're an idiot.

I've beaten kaizo-esque difficulty hacks of Pokémon games where the opponents have Pokémon above Level 125 and you still have the level cap of 100 in place. Stop questioning my competence at the game, I can easily fucking beat a Pokémon game, it's not a big thing to boast about.

Why do you keep INSISTING that the people who DON'T WANT the Exp. Share are the ones who need it? It's the other way around, the ones who DO WANT IT are the ones who need it, otherwise they wouldn't be shouting "just turn it off! leave me to my babby experience!" It's like calling everyone around you gay to hide the fact that you yourself are gay.

>>25902227
I said that suggesting I throw out my team repeatedly is retarded. Which you suggested. So you are the retard. Retard.
>>
>>25902248
The exp share designed around the mass of pokemon within X and Y anon.
You're meant to switch out when using it
>>
>>25902231
>>25902259
Yes.
>>
>>25902293
Stop perpetuating your headcanon.
>>
>>25902280
The only possible reason you'd complain about an entirely optional feature is if you didn't know how to turn it off.

Either that or you have severe autism and feel the need to minimax in a children's game.

>I've beaten kaizo-esque difficulty hacks of Pokémon games
Wow, you sure are hardcore. Why don't you play games that are actually difficult rather than playing babby games all your life?
>>
>>25902030
>if they find out naturally
I don't remember being overleveled in the Petalburg woods
>>
>>25902267

It's on by default. The makers expected almost everyone to have it on. But they did not designed it with that in mind. It's lousy game designed to design a game for a feature you have to actively turn off. Turning it off should be a challenge not the "correct" way to play.

I'm talking simple game design theory not how you personally play a game.
>>
>>25902280
>I said that suggesting I throw out my team repeatedly is retarded.
Yes because fictional attachments to data have any place in this argument.
>>
>>25902264
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but that's honestly the opposite of the feeling I get. I want to be able to use everything at my disposal without it making the game a pushover. Or, maybe not everything, but everything that is mandatory or extremely easily available.
And by the way, the exp share is actually more overpowered when training a full team than when you're just plowing through with your starter.
>>
>>25902308
>head canon
Nice meme but the game says other wise.
>>
>>25902333
If you turn off the Exp. Share then you end up being a similar level to the Champion when you beat them. So it's not unreasonable to assume that the level curve was designed around the player not using the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25902354
Then it should have been off from the start.
You know any game that has a difficulty mode only selectable after starting the game always starts at Normal, not Easy or Hard.
>>
>>25902296
Well alright then. Great to understand this now.
>>
>>25902094
Because Cyber Sleuth is aimed at higher ages than Pokemon. You have to have some good team coordination, while in Pokemon Red for example, you could go out and beat every gym leader with a Poke you caught near the same town.

I love both games, but it's like comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>25902354

But the default option is to have it On. It's such a weird design choice to allow the player to be 10-20 levels above the Champion by default. Hell even on the older games were you could have been 5-10 levels less than the champ the game was still relatively easy if you had the correct team.
>>
Starting to wonder if the Japs have a problem with EXP share?
>>
>>25902311
The question is not how to turn it off, it's whether you NEED to turn it off. Until you get overlevelled by a noticeable margin for an extended period of time, say 1-2 Gyms, you can't tell that it makes you overpowered, and as REPEATEDLY stated, by the time that happens it's already too late.

>Wow, you sure are hardcore.

No, as I said beating Pokémon isn't anything to brag about.

The reason I brought it up is because you keep calling me incompetent at the game, claiming I cannot beat the game without the Exp. Share. I brought up the kaizo hacks as an example of something much harder than the vanilla Pokémon games that I have beaten, using the example to suggest that I can very, very easily beat a vanilla Pokémon game.

And yet you STILL claim I'm too incompetent to beat the games. Do I have to do a fucking Let's Play before you stop the claim?
>>
>>25902280
Why would you throw out your team?
>>
>>25902421
Because anon claims that the canon way to play is to simulate N and replace your team every couple Gyms so you don't get overlevelled with the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25902273

This is up there with proud of its power lucario in terms of autism.

>I can't turn off a game mechanic that makes the game too easy because then it FEELS like I'm not giving it my best, even though the exp share gives you exp for free and is more of a crutch for casuals than a intergrated part of the gameplay.

Congratulations.
>>
>>25902390
That's because the game is designed around switching.
I mean come on, the game with just over half the available pokemon in the main game just so happened to have a mechanic that increases the amount of exp?
It doesn't take a genius to figure out what GF intended to do with the exp share.
>>
>>25902431
I never played black and white, why are you taking pokemon villains seriously?
>>
>>25902431
I did that but only because I was still trying to figure out my final team.
>>
>>25902440
I'm referring to N because he does exactly what you suggest I'm doing.

I'm not calling it morally wrong or some dumb shit like that, I'm calling it a fucking retarded way to play.
>>
>>25902455
How is it fucking retarded?
>>
>>25902433
I maybe shouldn't have used the word "feel". Because you literally aren't giving your best when you dismiss items.

However if you don't care about gameplay feeling satisfying I don't know why you lay them at all.
>>
>>25902435
Exp. Share encourages not switching Pokemons in a battle but changing your team with newer wild Pokemons. Because of how easy is to build up a new Pokemon instead of encouring the player to have a bond with a particular team it encourages using multiple Pokemon during a run.
>>
Only faggots use legendary pokemon in the story mode anyways
>>
>>25898597
>Lati@s 4 Free with it's Megastone after badge 5
Box it. Solved.

>the Exp. Share on by default
Turn it off. Solved.

>enemy low level as fuck
See above. It will fix that.

Stop being a fucking baby. Nothing is forced upon you in the games that you can't get around in one way or another. Nice fucking blog post, OP.
>>>/t/umblr
>>
let me just say that i think the games are still on the easy side, exp share & free handouts or no.

What I want is for Game Freak to actually put in some competent AI during the story mode.
>>
>>25902462
Because you have no sense of progression, you're just constantly switching. I hate JRPGs like Final Fantasy IV where your team just keeps changing over and over and over against your will, why would I voluntarily subject myself to that?
>>
>>25902431
>brought back the gotta catch em all slogan
>over 400 pokemon in one game, the most in any game
>exp share shares across the team
It's as clear as day, you can be an autist all you like but that doesn't change the fact that the exp share is meant for that style of play
>>
>>25902480
How does more pokemon prevent you from having a bond with them. If anything if you're gonna role play having a bond with your pokemon it makes sense to use more of the ones you catch instead of let them sit in a box, so your logic makes no sense.
>>
>>25902491
This wasn't a new IP.
>>
>>25902508
Catching them all is something to do after you beat the E4 you double nigger.
>>
>>25902495
You can switch back, you don't throw the pokemon out to never use them again.
>>
File: 1447896201687.jpg (3KB, 125x167px) Image search: [Google]
1447896201687.jpg
3KB, 125x167px
>>25902475

>Complains about gameplay not being satisfying
>Chooses to play the easy option because it's the default setting

I'm being honest with you right now anon.
I have been on this site for nearly 9 years, and you are the dumbest person I've encountered here, ever.

All those years on /b/ and /v/, and no anon from any of those threads matches up to how dumb you are being right now.

I hope you are trolling because you are being completley retarded if you aren't.
>>
>>25902480
>Exp. Share encourages not switching Pokemons in a battle but changing your team with newer wild Pokemons.
That's what I mean by switching anon.
If you're using the exp share you should be changing your team regularly, if not then you can play like you usually do.
>>
>>25902491
You can always handicap yourself in any game. It's still a shitty excuse.
>>
>>25902529
Then why did I even switch them out in the first place?
>>
>>25902526
Too bad
>>
>>25902512
If you're going to accuse someone of samefagging at least provide the posts so they can show (you) how wrong you are.

That was my first and only other post in this thread other than this one.
>>
>>25902512
I share his vision though.
>>
>>25902542
Because they were overleveled
>>
>>25902535
I'm not OP you faggot. I have played several runs with it off.
>>
>>25902548
If it was your first post it would have been a new IP. It wasn't.
>>
>>25902564
Who cares
>>
>>25902526
>Catching them all is something to do after you beat the E4 you double nigger
You can literally do it whenever the fuck you like and it has always been like that.
>>
>>25898597

I don't mind them adding easy mode unless they also add a hard mode too, it'd be great, giving every gym leader 6 pokémon and shit, or something like B2 W2 at least.
>>
>>25902555
They wouldn't be overlevelled if Game Freak balanced the game properly.
>>
>>25902548
You can see if someone is samefagging by the counter in the bottom of the page. That doesn't mean you know the exact posts done by whom, just which poster is new and who has already posted.
Fucking newfag.
>>
>>25902581
It is balanced. 350% more exp = 3.5 times as many pokemon to raise
>>
>>25902574
I care because the anon who made that post has already posted in the thread with the same opinion. They're repeating it over and over in an attempt to make it seem like more people hold their opinion within this thread than there actually are. That's why I'm calling it out.
>>
>>25902581
You're not overlevelled if you don't use the exp share.
The exp share was designed around switching out.
>>
>>25902583
>fucking new fag
>a feature added 1 year ago

IP counters were a mistake
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>playing ORAS right now
>resetting for a good Cresselia
>catch a Timid one
>Atk 31
>Def 31
>SpAtk 31
>SpDef 27
>Spd 31
>HP 9
>mfw
Should I just keep it?
>>
>>259025960
>>25902607
According to your headcanon. You're MAKING SHIT UP and claiming it's what Game Freak intended.
>>
>>25902583
>You can see if someone is samefagging by the counter in the bottom of the page.
Not even that, if you have 4chanX it directly displays whether a post is a new IP and what number said IP it is if it is indeed new. Any post without that number is not a new IP.
>>
>>25902583
>You can see if someone is samefagging
Unless said person was in another conversation in the thread and then started another later.
Meaning the post count wouldn't increase but they wouldn't be samefagging.
>>
>>25902613
Yeah so? Anybody that has been here more than a month should know about it.
Especially anyone who has been here longer than said feature since its addition didn't exactly go unnoticed.
>>
>>25902615
whatever...
>>
>>25902617
>headcanon
That's literally how the game is designed anon.
You can call it headcanon but the game says it all.
>>
>>25902667
>That's literally how the game is designed anon.
[citation needed]
>>
All right, time for a different perspective.

Some tabletop RPGs (such as Dungeons and Dragons and especially its sorta-ripoff Pathfinder) have different XP rates a game master can choose from. These rates determine how quickly the party levels up.

That said, they aren't the sole deciders of difficulty. It's up to the game master to also balance encounters (cf. >>46588980), gear and item acquisition, and sometime class restrictions.

My GM always plays with the fast XP tables and lots of high-powered gear, and yet the party has almost suffered TPKs and has generally had a good challenge. Why? Because A) the players make really bad decisions and B) because the GM balances the opposing monsters against our powerful characters (but not players, there's a difference).

In this case, the Exp. Share is for all intents and purposes just a fast XP table, but the problem is that Game Freak hasn't developed a level or encounter curve to compensate for that.
>>
>>25898647
>I want a Lucario that's proud of its power
>>
>>25902674
X and Y
>>
>>25902684
That's your headcanon about the game.
>>
>>25902647
Which would have been valid if not for the posts replying to OP, or just making general statements. That's usually your first post in a thread, doing it at a later point shows that you're trying to make it look like more people share your point.
>>
>>25902696
http://nintendoeverything.com/junichi-masuda-on-exp-share-changes-in-pokemon-xy/
>>
>>25902696
You are aware what headcanon means right?
Regardless the game is designed that way.
>>
>>25902679
And I didn't cross-link correctly. Fuck.
>>>46588980
>>
>>25902696
You know this was sort of fun to watch at first but not its getting sad
>>
>>25902708
>trusting the same man who said "we make the games easier because older players can enjoy the postgame!" and then removed Hoenn's postgame from ORAS

You may as well quote Masahiro Sakurai.
>>
*now it's getting sad
>>
>>25902726
That's how I feel about people defending the Exp. Share.
>>
>>25902737
Oras having more postgame than Emerald.
In any case, just accept that you're wrong. Several anons are on your case.
>>
>>25902765
Don't blame us if you're using it wrong
>>
>>25902768
>Oras having more postgame than Emerald.

Now I know you're a retard.
>>
>>25902765

>I get mad over optional features in games
>>
>>25902737
It's not really a headcanon since it is the truth, you're not gettng anywhere with that point.
However it is implemented extremely poorly and at no time does the game itself suggest that the Exp Share is made for rotation teams in mind.
>>
>>25902787
>Now I know you're a retard.
Unless you're one of those retards that go
>NUH UH LEGENDARY POKEMON DON'T COUNT
Then it has more postgame content and content as a whole than Emerald.
>>
>>25902814
>I get made that people don't like my baby feature
>>
>>25902827
A handful of one-time encounters and a Battle Tower clone is not comparable to seven unique facilities. And Emerald has Legendaries too.
>>
>>25902815
To be fair games shouldn't have to explain everything like that especially when the new use of the exp share is common sense.
>>
>>25902815
It worked for me, I got fucked up a couple times by rivals and gyms but it was also fun beating the game underleveled.
>>
>>25902866
Only after you have experienced it once. The game doesn't explain at all how big the exp boosts actually are, and by the time you get a reasonable impression it is usually too late.
>>
>>25902859
>And Emerald has Legendaries too.
It pales in comparison anon to a ridiculous degree.
Also learn the difference between variety and content.

That's like saying a 500ml bottle of water contains more than a 1L bottle of water just because it's flavored.
>>
>>25902931
A large variety of replayable content will be played more than a small amount of replayable content and a bunch of one-time content that's eaten through quickly.
>>
>>25902921
You notice it the first time you switch in a pokemon and they both earned the normal instead of halved experience
>>
>>25903001
That part is fine, the part they never mention is how big the boost your non-battling pokemon get is.
>>
>>25902965
You forget the fact that you needed competitive mons to do well in those Battle facilities...

IV-breeding and EV-training was tremendously harder back then and it was not casual-friendly post-game in that regards.
>>
>>25902965
Again, variety doesn't affect the size you idiot.
Let's try to explain it like this
I gave you three pieces of paper or something with different words written on them
Another person is given a sack of paper with the same word on each piece.

Who would have more paper anon?

Replayability is a non issue in this argument too since its based on player preference which would skew the results for Emerald anyway due to the battle palace's obtuse mechanics.
>>
>>25903049
Speaking of IV breeding I find it odd that people think the IV checker was introduced in gen 4.
>>
>>25903093
Okay then, if you're going to be pedantic, then I'll restate myself with

>trusting the same man who said "we make the games easier because older players can enjoy the postgame!" and then replaced the fantastic postgame Hoenn used to have with a terrible shallow postgame
>>
>>25903093
Problem is that the battle facility is literally copied from XY.

Also, another perhaps better analogy would be one person having three different books, and another person having 10 books, but they are all the same.
Sure the second person has more books, but he has fewer stories to tell.
>>
File: nice_mega_nerd.png (113KB, 552x692px) Image search: [Google]
nice_mega_nerd.png
113KB, 552x692px
>Turn exp.share off
>Put Lati@s in the box
>And give Maxie a few TMs
>>
>>25903138
Congrats you missed the point entirely.

>>25903206
I'm not going to deny anything because that particular part was disappointing but the postgame as a whole totals more than Emerald which was the point to begin with.
>>
>>25903274
The only one that's particularly bad is camerupt, Mightyena could have done with Crunch or something.
>>
File: PlatCynthiaTeam.jpg (185KB, 785x637px) Image search: [Google]
PlatCynthiaTeam.jpg
185KB, 785x637px
>>25903274
Yeah i wonder where the actually good teams like Cynthia's went... Then again i still don't understand the logic of Togekiss having Hustle instead of Serene Grace when no physical moves.
>>
>>25903321
I'm the one who made the point in the first place, and I'm clarifying my point (which, by the way, was that Masuda is a stupid motherfucker who lies and shouldn't be trusted because he claimed the main game being easier is justified by the postgame which is fucking awful) because you got hung on a detail which is technically true but doesn't matter because something being longer doesn't make it more enjoyable and the entire reason a person would want postgame is because they find postgame to be enjoyable.
>>
>>25903356
If he's lying about the exp share, why?
>>
>>25903370
Because it's an excuse for the fact that he doesn't give a shit about the older playerbase. Just like Sakurai's excuses about Ridley are to cover up his general hateboner for Ridley.
>>
>>25903356
>something being longer doesn't make it more enjoyable
We weren't talking about the enjoyability of the game at all that's all subjective and many people disliked the frontier due to the RNG elements and such.
That said I won't deny that I found Emerald more fun but that part is entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>25903388
There's literally no reason for him to lie about the exp share.
As for ridley I would say that's more because of how fickle metroid fans are when it comes to representation in Smash.
>>
File: maxie battle (emerald).png (58KB, 784x385px) Image search: [Google]
maxie battle (emerald).png
58KB, 784x385px
>>25903274
>Maxie isn't the main boss in Emerald and is fought earlier than in Ruby/Omega Ruby
>has a better team

Seriously, if you gave him that Weezing and raised his levels to be equal the difference is huge. Crobat is slightly worse but that can be excused because Acrobatics didn't exist in Gen 3.

And this isn't even his final battle, just his final solo battle. He also fights you in Mossdeep in a double battle, and unlike ORAS' Mossdeep double battle where Courtney and the grunt only have three Pokémon, Maxie uses a full team of six.
>>
>>25903342
did you mean his main pokemon?
>>
>>25903431
>many people disliked the frontier due to the RNG elements

Well then they can just play the facilities they enjoy because there are seven.
>>
>>25903664
All of which uses those RNG elements especially the palace, pyramid and pike.
>>
>>25903840
By that logic ORAS shouldn't even have the Maison, just no replayable postgame whatsoever, Legendaries and nothing else, fuck the older fans.
>>
>>25903939
You're getting away from the point, especially since you think older fans all think alike and want the same thing.
Anyway, enjoyability isn't a factor in this argument.
>>
>>25904052
It is, because I brought up postgame specifically regarding enjoyment.

And yeah, some older fans will eat shit and smile, but I'm not referring to them obviously.
>>
>>25904064
The post that started this had nothing to do with enjoyability anon but rather removing hoenn's postgame.
>>
>>25904122
Yes, and I, the maker of that post, clarified it with >>25903138
>>
>>25904134
Which is still irrelevant to the original point.
What you did was move the goalposts to something subjective in an attempt to defend your point.
>>
>>25904204
No, you got hung on semantics. I was saying ORAS has a shitty postgame, that was the point, and it wasn't even the focus of the post you keep getting hung on.

Fuck it, this thread is autosaging and will be gone in an hour, why am I even still here.
>>
>>25904226
>I was saying ORAS has a shitty postgame
I suggest you reread the reply chain, specifically the parts prior to your moving of the goalposts
>>
>>25898808
i'm enjoying the fuck out of star sapphire and I never played ORAS so its a hardcore nostalgia trip
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.