[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sigh why is it so boring to grind in yellow? victory road, route

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

sigh
why is it so boring to grind in yellow?
victory road, route 21 or pokemon mansion?
>>
Because gen 1 is shit
>>
>>25874062
>not playing blue / red and just doing the rare candy and missingno glitch
>>
File: japanese-mother-earthbound-crow.jpg (23KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-mother-earthbound-crow.jpg
23KB, 800x450px
>>25874062
Welcome to the Mother 1 experience.
>>
Victory Road, all the way. Pokemon mansion is bullshit, you constantly have to run out to heal status conditions and then go back to the bottom floor to grind again, otherwise it's not worth it. There's enough pokemon variability in Yellow VR that pretty much any pokemon can train there.
>>
>>25874062
Why do you need to grind?
>>
>>25875773
Because I'm level 45
>>
>>25875791
So?
>>
>>25875791
That's high enough to beat the elite 4. Remember, they're overleveled to make up for the terrible gen 1 AI.
>>
>>25875791
Yeah they have a point. Unless you're nuzlocking, 45 is fine. I just ran through yellow again with the rerelease, my only level 50 pokemon was my Pikachu because I was worried it'd get OHKOd or something. Just make sure something on your team knows earthquake, ice beam/blizzard, thunder/thunderbolt, and psychic, and you're fine.
One pokemon doesn't need to know all of them. Just make sure at least one knows each one.
>>
>>25874062
people who grind are the same people who complain about difficulty level.
>>
>>25876053
You need to grind if you want to complete the pokedex, though. You can catch a lot of the pokemon in their evolved forms, but you still need to grind for some of them. Either that, or cheat and multiply your rare candies.
>>
>>25876227
He was obviously referring to people who grind to beat the Pokemon League. Grinding to complete the Pokedex is a completely different matter and no-one ever complains about the difficulty there.
>>
>>25876263
Dex completion isn't really that hard. RBY Unknown Dungeon is an expfest
>>
>>25876263
OP wasn't complaining about the difficulty. He was complaining about how boring it is. And that applies to any kind of grinding.
>>
>>25874156
>Not getting stat exp
>Wanting your Pokemon to be drugged up and weak
>Wanting your hall of fame destroyed.
>>
File: Z28Ou.gif (2MB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
Z28Ou.gif
2MB, 474x360px
>sigh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.