[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is something that they could do to really shake up the formula

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: WEWAZKINGSNSHIET.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WEWAZKINGSNSHIET.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
What is something that they could do to really shake up the formula of the maingame but maintain the core concepts that make Pokemon great? I was thinking this: Each NPC trainer in the world has 6 Pokemon however when you go into an NPC battle you each choose 3 Pokemon out of your party to battle with like online or tournaments. That would make every battle actually seem challenging seeing as you can't outnumber your NPC opponent 6 - 2 towards the end game. The only time you could use all 6 would be gym battles and Elite Four challenges. Thoughts? And any other thoughts on how to change up the formula overall?
>>
If they did that I'd use a team of three just to skip the menu everytime asking me to choose before a battle.
>>
>>25864310
But would you really want to settle for just three in the new gens with new pokemon to try out? Would get kinda boring honestly.
>>
>>25864310
You know for a fact the menu would still be there. This is Gf.
>>
>>25864310
They'd still make you choose which order they'd be used in.
>>
>>25864310
>>25864330
>>25864334
>>25864391
Made me think of something else. In the menu you wouldn't be able to see what pokemon your NPC opponent has.
>>
What about utilizing a harvest moon-esque time setting, in which a single day passes by in about 15 real world minutes, and each day has different weather patterns. You could hold different league challenges during different times of the year. Maybe some gyms are only accessable during certain seasons, some mons only appear or only evolve during certain times or maybe just during different weather patterns.
>>
>>25864657
I would love that.
>>
>>25864467

This sounds even more stupid now.

Now there's literally no reason not to carry just 3 pokemon around.
>>
>>25864467

That's... pretty awful

If you want to make a change, then change something that's a problem with the game right now. What you just did was change for the sake of change, and it didn't help ANYTHING
>>
>>25864294
Other way around. Gyms should be the ones with a limit
>>
>>25864657
Are you making up shit that would make it all unplayable?
>>
>>25869075
What about that would make it unplayable?
>>
>>25869741
Harvest Moon is too fast paced to its own good, day cycle-wise.
>>
>>25871700
I've never really found that to be the case, especially on rainy days when I didn't have to water any crops. Really it's all about time management, and deciding what you want to spend your time doing. You could absolutely make a pokemon game playable by having multiple in game days per play session. If anything, I think it could be more playable, as you could experience more in a shorter time.
>>
>>25871700
And Pokemon is too slow, what's your point?

The daily events were interesting when they were bound by in game times and what not but now it's just tedious.
>>
>>25871779
Some pokes only found on rainy days, some only found after a blizzard, some found when you go to the beach the day before a major storm, etc.

Gym leaders are found in their gyms 5 days a week (the days change from leader to leader), but you can find them in other locations on those other days and they'll battle you for fun.

The ferry isn't available because the regional evil team took it over, but When the huge lake ices over in winter you can cross it and take care of business over there, restoring access to that part of the map.

Spring and summer big catching contests

Fall pumpkaboo and gourgeist catching contests

Winter time spent searching for ice types hiding in the snowy areas
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.