[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks Pokemon SM is out of place/too soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-sun-moon-logos.jpg (167KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-logos.jpg
167KB, 600x450px
Am I the only one who thinks Pokemon SM is out of place/too soon? Kalos seems so unfinished and GO is expected to be release this year as well. It all seems like a bit too much. Discuss.
>>
>>25864235
Fuck off
>>
You are the only one.
>>
Nope. Gen 6 was trash.

Sun and Moon are starting off Gen 7 and righting all the wrongs.
>>
File: 1372289793994.png (147KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
1372289793994.png
147KB, 324x324px
>>25864235
>/vp/ is full of gen 6.5 vs gen 7 shitposting
>Am I the only one
>>
>>25864235
>too soon

We got nothing 2015
>>
It seems the vast majority on this board at least agree Kalos is left a bit lackluster.

As for S&M being too fast I disagree, while hoping that they won't be rushed. It seems like they planned them a long time ago at least.

My opinion is that I'd much rather have gen 7 than Z anyway.
>>
It's almost as if SM are still gen 6 games that match up with the 2 leftover pentagon slots.
>>
>>25864256
It was pretty garbage. But we still never got our third release which should have been Z, and should have redeemed it like Platinum did for Gen 4 initially. What's going on with the Zygarde forms? Are they getting implemented or not?

>>25864267
Too soon as in before a true ending to Gen 6.

>>25864265
That has nothing to do with my question of Gen 6 being incomplete or us getting spammed with GO and Gen 7 in the same year.

>>25864273
I would have liked a Z if they'd done it right. I don't feel like SM is going to be good enough to erase the mistake that was Gen 6.

>>25864303
YES.
>>
>>25864321
>It was pretty garbage. But we still never got our third release which should have been Z, and should have redeemed it like Platinum did for Gen 4 initially.
HGSS were enough to redeem Gen 4. Platinum was fantastic though.

>What's going on with the Zygarde forms? Are they getting implemented or not?
Probably not. I don't see why they need to be in there. The cell and core forms would be absollutely worthless. Doge form would be on par with a middle evolution starter. Snake form is there. There's no real way or reason to put Perfect form in. It's enormous and the stats would be unbalanced.

Better off without it.
>>
>>25864235
Sun/Moon will be gen 6.5, that's why.
>>
>>25864359
>HGSS were enough to redeem Gen 4. Platinum was fantastic though.
But for Gen 6 ORAS can't be spoken of the same.

Then why even show the other forms if they're not going to be used? Seems like a major waste of time, money, and our expectations (not that they care).

And then what's going on with GO? Is it getting release before SM? Will it contain Gen 7? Will either overshadow the other?
>>
>>25864235
You are not the only one.
What happened to Lysandre? Did he just die?
What's up with Strange Souvenir?
What's up with inaccessible facilities on Kalos' desert?
Where the heck is Zygarde's game?
>>
>>25864419
Too much unsolved imo. A lot of this could/should have been remedied in Gen 7. The other formes could have been linked to the desert facilities as well as the Souvenir and Lysandre's disappearance.
>>
X/Y was pretty much a beta for S/M.
>>
>>25864487
That's dumb desu. so then what the flying fuck was ORAS??
>>
>>25864417
>Then why even show the other forms if they're not going to be used?
Because they're being used in the anime, tretta , picross and the TCG..?
>>
>>25864522
But not the fucking games which is equally as, if not more, important and popular than the rest?
>>
XY is basically "Pokemon: Growing Pains Edition". A lot of work went into modernizing the game in terms of models and animations and so on, leaving shit like plot >playing Pokemon for the plot and difficulty Like the Pokemon for the rivals / Lysandre not even having four moves, the game not being balanced around exp share, etc trailing far behind. In addition, I don't think much thought was put into how the models for some Pokemon might look terrible with the kind of lighting they used, in that some Pokemon that really relied on heavy shading to suggest texture (like Tangrowth) just become smooth blobs.

I imagine, or at least hope that SuMo will rectify many of these problems now that a decently solid foundation has been set for them to build off of.
>>
>>25864513
"Here, now shut up": The Game.
>>
>>25864533
And?
The formes were all marketed as anime material in case you didn't actually look at it. If they were in the games we'd have official artwork, not anime artwork
>>
>>25864595
By that logic Magearna is anime only too. They don't show game artwork until they're actually ready to show it in the game faggotron
>>
>>25864235
Maybe its because Gen 6 only had two sets of main series games. But honestly, ORAS wrapped it up with the Delta Episode and the whole Mega Evolution lore shit
>>
>>25864595
Since when do we have a Pokemon in the anime or game and not in the other???
>>
>>25864608
The Delta Episode was a joke though.
>>
>>25864419
>What happened to Lysandre? Did he just die?
He was crushed by tons of rocks and a giant metal flower falling on top of him while he was stuck in the lab, what do you think happened to him? Either the weapon firing made him immortal or he's just flat out dead.

>What's up with Strange Souvenir?
The Backpacker we receive it from said we will see the region he and the item come from "soon enough" saying that he doesn't come from any of the known regions and the Strange Souvenir even says that it comes from a region far away from Kalos. If anything we can 100% assume that it will be relevant in Sun and Moon, probably to find a legendary or Mythical Pokemon.

>What's up with inaccessible facilities on Kalos' desert?
They just weren't used, there's really no reason to actually go into them aside from fan curiosity. If we are able to return to Kalos in the post game of Sun and Moon we could probably explore them then.

>Where the heck is Zygarde's game?
He's not getting one, the concept of third games are dead and we really need to realize that since the last "third game" was Platinum. Now that doesn't mean Zygarde can't have some sort of subplot in Sun and Moon, in fact it's highly likely it would get one, maybe even have it be during the post game if we're able to go back to Kalos.
>>
>>25864235
I'm glad they're dropping Gen 6, hopefully Megas are getting retconned too.
>>
>>25864235
Go is irrelevant since it's just a shitty Ingress reskin side game.

There has always been 3-4 years between gens.
>>
>>25864267
We don't need a yearly release anyway. ORAS is proof of that.
>>
>>25864359
I imagine the cell/core forms to be handed to you pretty close to the beginning of the game.

You know, having a legendary that won't steamroll over everything in the damned game until it reaches 50% or greater.
>>
>>25864595
They are official work and the Tretta models are the game models.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 284x177px
Ok guys, I see a lot of people talking about Zygarde being forgotten and I want to shed some light on the subject. Get my hints

>a thousand arrows
>pokemon sun
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>25865017
>a thousand waves
>pokemon moon
>>
It's been in 3 years since X/Y
>>
>>25864417
They are used in the side games where they belong.

GO confirmed only to have Kanto original 151.
>>
>>25864822
I don't think the Strange Souvenir is going to be anything important. It probably will be like the SM region's Castelia Cone. It's a souvenir after all--they probably will be sold in a big city and have not very much of a purpose.
>>
>>25865081

Really? Are there plans to add the rest or is it gonna be genwunner faggotry?
>>
>>25864256
Yeah. Can't wait for actual footage to prove it, too.
>>
>>25864256
>>25864235

Stop samefagging your own shitty b8 threads, Bui. Also stop ban evading.
>>
>>25867129
>same couple of pics to OP
>same shitty baits and copypastas
>obvious samefag with made up "fights"

Yep, it's him this post >>25867129 is right

If more newfags started to notice and report, he'd fuck more easily and fast.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.