[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some fun Pokémon to work with for an exclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

What are some fun Pokémon to work with for an exclusive gen 6 competitive team?
>>
File: 250px-706Goodra.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-706Goodra.png
49KB, 250x250px
Bumping with some personal favorites in the meantime.
>>
File: 250px-711Gourgeist.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-711Gourgeist.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>
>>25863135
>>25863150
These
>>
Sylveon
>>
File: CXgvX6EUwAASWYW.png (454KB, 599x614px) Image search: [Google]
CXgvX6EUwAASWYW.png
454KB, 599x614px
Spiky Shield mindgames are always fun. So is being immune to a bunch of random moves people use a lot.
>>
>>25864988
>Using the worst grass type pokemon
>>
>>25865003
I can't count on two hands the number of grass types that are statistically inferior to Chesnaught.

Tell me, were your Brave Birds spiky shielded too many times?
>>
>>25865039
He's a good Pokemon, but just has an awkward design.
>>
>>25863107

Assuming by competitive you mean OU..

Diancie, Talonflame, Chesnaught, Goodra, Diggersby, Clawitzer

Would be the best I can come up with....if you don't care about tiers though you could replace Chesnaught and Clawitzer with Aegislash and Greninja and call it a team.
>>
>>25865003
You misspelled best because Chesnaught is best both actually and de facto for being the only good grass starter
>>
File: Noivern.png (66KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
Noivern.png
66KB, 400x291px
Noivern
>>
Gen 6 really did give us a lot of solid competitive pokemon for such a small roster.

but you can't go wrong with:

noivern
belly drum slurpuff
bravest birb
Kelfki
Greninja
Aegislash

>listing b& pokemon
Don't play Smogon then
>>
File: 20 seconds in mspaint.png (163KB, 726x273px) Image search: [Google]
20 seconds in mspaint.png
163KB, 726x273px
>>25865078

>The only good grass starter

Dude what?

I almost put Torterra here too but he does have a lot working against him....
>>
File: NjWun.gif (16KB, 295x321px) Image search: [Google]
NjWun.gif
16KB, 295x321px
>>25865078
>Chesnaught
>Best anything
Fucking lel m8. Everyone knows that the Chikorita line is objectively the best grass starter.
>>
>>25865134
Are you actually serious? Meganium competitively is probably the worst starter of them all.
>>
>>25865179

And he means all of them....not just the grass ones.

It's that useless
>>
>>25865117
replace venusaur with torterra and all is ok
>>
>>25865202

Like I said I love Torterra but you can't argue that he isn't lacking as far as viable grass tanks go.
>>
File: pokemans_154.gif (14KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans_154.gif
14KB, 600x600px
>>25865179
>competitively
Is this a YLYL thread?
>>
>>25865224

It's a thread about making a competitive team and Meganium got called bad competitively (Which it is)

Meganium a shit.
>>
>>25865272
Any pokemon can be used competitively when used the right way.
>>
>>25865294

You're correct. That doesn't change the fact that Meganium is still bad at the things it can do best.
>>
>>25865294
Yes, but there are many, many Pokemon that can be used competitively significantly more easily.
>>
Gourgeist is the shit after those sweet ORAS tutor moves.

I'm not sure if you're playing Smogon or VGC; it has niches in both, but I can only comment on its viability on Smogon.

What I was doing was pairing it with Tyranitar. Between the two of them there's nothing that can hit them for SE damage. The only neutral attacks they have to worry about are the following:

>Ice (more of than not, special Ice moves are used, so TTar tanks those with heightened SpD under Sand and retaliated with SE STAB Rock move; Weavile with Low Kick is a slight problem)
>Bug (obviously not the greatest concern, can be burned/tanked by Gourgeist)
>Steel (top threats are often cockblocked by Gourgeist except Heatran, which can be killed by TTar packing EQ; Bisharp is a slight problem)
>Rock (not particularly threatening to either Gourgeist or TTar)
>Fairy (somewhat threatening to both, but Gourgeist is pretty good at countering physical based Fairies like M-Altaria and Azumarill)

Paired well with Excadrill for Sand sweeping and M-Zard Y which puts up Sun to benefit Gourgeist, who can now run Synthesis. Can only make use of WoW, Leech Seed, Magic Coat (great move to spam against Rotom-Wash trying to burn you), and Rock Slide for Brave Bird.

Just a thought. If you want a full team of Kalos mons you might not be able to work with these cores/teammates but Gourgeist still has niches in OU: counters Excadrill, Breloom, has priority STAB. I could go on about its versalitily and ways of getting around usual counters.
>>
>>25865504

Man I forgot to mention the most important pokemon it counters: goddamn genie Lando-T. Nothing that fucker can do to Gourgy besides Knock Off once, which comes nowhere close to a 2hko. Synthesis off the lost damage and now it's completely cockblocked.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.