[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go on showdown >opponent makes a nice read (or lucky),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1396055558066.png (1KB, 374x296px) Image search: [Google]
1396055558066.png
1KB, 374x296px
>go on showdown
>opponent makes a nice read (or lucky), gets the double knockout
>he types ":D" in the chat
Is he just being friendly and I should consider it bantz, or is he just being a dick? If the first, I can play along and I appreciate the fun, but I don't want to acknowledge someone being annoying.
>>
best response is NO RESPONSE
>>
File: 1381212131696.png (398KB, 465x485px) Image search: [Google]
1381212131696.png
398KB, 465x485px
>>25857576
I mean, what the fuck did you expect people to say to that question?

Do you lack basic human social interactions to tell when someone's being a dick or when someone's being friendly?

And if it's really that puzzling, how the fuck would we know?

Why would anyone that wants to be a dick for no reason type ":D" instead of "lol get owned" or "rekt".
>>
>>25857789
Haven't you ever played someone who would spam emotes after every good play? That's the equivalent to "lol get owned". But see I'm trying to learn to be a more fun and friendly person when playing.
>>
>>25857809
I get that, but come on. Nobody that seriously wants to upset you is going to resort to emotes other than ":^)". If people want to upset you, they'll just shittalk you directly.
>>
>>25858103
Normies also occasionally use ;) for small jabs.
>>
>>25857789
>talk about social interaction
>doesn't know the conecept of being immature

" :D "
>>
>Opponent on Showdown knocks out your first Pokémon
>"One"
>>
I would be annoyed, probably spam :DDDDD every time I knocked out one of his mons
>>
File: 1341530722502.png (273KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1341530722502.png
273KB, 512x368px
>>25857576
>not just quoting Michael Jackson's beat it in its entirety

how autistic can you get
>>
I get a lot of "owned XD" on SD, my guess is its just kids so I just ignore it.
>>
>>25861020
>>25861020
>go to /vp/
>open catalog
>find a thread on page 6 or some shit that hasn;t been responded to for six hours
>"hmm yes, this is worth contributing to"
>>
>>25857576
Offer him a Hoopa Egg, OP.
>>
>>25861162
:^)
>>
>>25857576
>giving a crap about what your opponent says
>>
Well the main idea is you don't want to be put on an emotional tilt when you are playing. If that :D makes you upset then you're more likely to play worse afterwards as long as you're upset by the :D face. So learn to maintain control when you see this.

Really good players are generally good sports and respectful because they understand they must be in order to play well. So you'll reach a point where these encounters become less common as your rank improves on the ladder.

On showdown if you ever get into a big tournament semi finals or grand finals match you're going to have the whole chat filled with people saying stuff that makes :D look like a joke in comparison. So if you ever see a :D face or any kind of thing that could make you upset use it as an opportunity to exercise your self control and confidence and continue to play despite what they're doing.
>>
>>25857576
>go on showdown

There was your first mistake anon, joining fan made shit communities that don't even know how to play the game and ban everything they can just because they loose to it.
If you were a true pokemon master, you would be playing VGC on wifi battlespot instead of this dog shit.
>>
>>25863469
>playing M-Kang and Xerneas vs. M-Kang and Xerneas: the meta
No thanks.
>>
>>25861162
>hmm

Why are you talking like a fedora teenager? Are you a fedora teenager or just some fattie girl?
>>
>>25866143

Either way she shouldn't be here

>>25861162

tits or gtfo
>>
>>25857576

say "good read" and move on?
>>
>>25862333
seconded
>>
>>25867150
/thread
>>
>>25866143
>everyone whos ever said "hmm" is a fedora or fattie
ok
>>
>>25857576
its a fucking smiley face, retarde
>>
>>25857809
you are literally just wrong. actually just entirely wrong. nobody does that at all and if they do it'd be obvious and actually spammy and hostile. nobody is fucking sending a :D with ill intents. you are the fucking asshole for even perceiving this as something to get mad about, period. the very fact you made this post is entirely indicative of your fucking ignorance.
>>
>>25857576
some guy was shit talking me hard on UU the other night calling me trash and shit at making teams

it was literally my first try at the tier and im admittedly not that great but it was quite surprising to finally encounter a shit talker on showdown
>>
>>25857576
Just congratulate him. That's all.
>>
>>25858172
youre literally pissing your pants over a smiley face- remind me how anyone else here is immature?
>>
File: 1428629928656.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1428629928656.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
Why don't they have a feature where you can hide the chat in showdown?
>>
>>25869202
They do. There's a checkbox in the corner for hiding opponent or visitor text.
>>
:D
>>
>>25869216
That's on every kind of chat, also.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.