[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are without a doubt the most eerie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: 1444243951511.png (2MB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444243951511.png
2MB, 2048x768px
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are without a doubt the most eerie mainline games, at least in Pokemon terms. Gen IV had the creepiest fucking music, ie Title and Distortion World. Not to mention the legendaries are the most ominous, unaturally eldritch looking fucks I have ever seen. That whole Gen has this brooding feeling that you're always being watched.
>>
There's nothing ominous or eldritch about Dialga and Palkien eat shit
>>
I like that. It gives the whole generation atmosphere
>>
>>25855397
Exactly! Everything was so ominous and mysterious, I loved it!
>>
File: 1431378133317.gif (109KB, 226x196px) Image search: [Google]
1431378133317.gif
109KB, 226x196px
>>25855403

>dialga
>palkia
>literally malformed mess
>not eldritch
>>
>>25855397
>>25855413
This desu.
>>
>trying to make out that Sinnoh is anything but less-sunnier Hoenn
Ayyy
>>
>>25855397
You're welcome ahead of time. I can't stand people shitting up good threads. Platinum was amazing! I especially love the distortion world!
>>
>>25855438
hoennfags are the worst attention whores not everything fucking revolves around your shitty gen
you already got your remakes time to move on

>inb4 sinnohfetus
im a johtofag thanks
>>
palkia is a penis
>>
File: 1439292727066.jpg (258KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
1439292727066.jpg
258KB, 1200x805px
>>25855467

>what is inspiration

DPPL is the HG Geiger of Pokemon designs
>>
DPPt had pretty good atmosphere which no game since has really lived up to. There was the eerie stuff, there were long, grueling routes like the ones leading to Snowpoint and Mount Coronet which gave off a good sense of isolation.
I think my favorite was the music in pic related, most regions have epic, intense sounding music to get you fired up to take on the Elite Four, but in DPPt it's this nostalgic piano piece that makes you think of how far you've come and how far you are away from home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBO3l4K7HU
>>
Eh, I remember more of the comfy and relaxing tunes when thinking about gen 4, like Eterna Forest, the Lake theme, Canalave City etc.

Sinnoh certainly had its own mysterious flavor to it though, which I really liked
>>
File: 1297825873396.jpg (167KB, 659x666px) Image search: [Google]
1297825873396.jpg
167KB, 659x666px
>>25855555
Quints confirm Sinnoh a best.
>>
>>25855555
quints confirm
>>
I wish they would retcon these pokegods.

It just feels really dumb that you can catch metaphysical beings.
Also the whole lore needs an overhaul, and there's so inconsistencies, and the pretense of having some sort of semi-serious mythology and history on top it just feels really amateurish.
>>
File: surprise.png (48KB, 239x244px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
48KB, 239x244px
were you surprised?
>>
>>25855615
If Dialga has Celebi and Palkia has Hoopa, what little thing does Giratina get?
>>
File: 1436380025238.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1436380025238.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>25855594
>retconning STEEPEST FLOOR
>>
>>25855651
sorry man

i don't know your meme, i skipped gen 4
>>
>>25855665

>bitches about gen iv
>has never played gen iv

Why should your opinion even be considered?
>>
>>25855673
because i don't have to actually play the game to interpret ridiculous inconsistencies in its lore and design which don't require playing to participate in
>>
>>25855645
Spiritomb. Banished for being a naughty also.
>>
>>25855686

>ridiculous inconsistencies

Enlighten me.
>>
File: 1456629266562.jpg (255KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [Google]
1456629266562.jpg
255KB, 1200x888px
>>25855475
>HR Giger
how have I never realized this
>>
>>25855695
>capturing gods in a pokeball
>abandoned gameplay elements while adding even newer and more ridiculous ones
>legendary god-like pokemon which are only somehow localized to each region which are actually really easy to find and capture
>fucked up scales of pokemon sizes and weights and descriptions
>direct references to the real world

there's shittons of content on the internet about fuckups in the consistency of the pokemon world
it's not hard to find
>>
>>25855687
Spiritomb is more of a cursed rock rather than a living creature who can manipulate or a being of antimatter
I got high expectations for the Gen 6.5/7 little legend mon so we can perfect the trifecta
>>
>>25855744
Not him, but pretty much all of these can't just be blamed on gen 4's lore-building. Pokemon sizes have always been realistically weird and every game abandons old mechanics and has different descriptions of pokemon
>>
>>25855744

>capturing gods in a pokeball

Welcome to Pokemon. Do you really think they'd ever make legendaries not attainable? Even if they are cited as Gods, they're still just Pokemon. There's a reason humans are the dominant species in this children's video game. Everything is for the purpose of gameplay. Story always second.

>abandoned gameplay elements while adding even newer and more ridiculous ones

Nice. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, story. Disregarded.

>legendary god-like pokemon which are only somehow localized to each region which are actually really easy to find and capture

Maybe if you'd played Gen IV you'd know that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina have historical ties to Sinnoh, the oldest region. And of course they're easy to find, it's a scripted fucking event. What are you smoking?

>fucked up scales of pokemon sizes and weights and descriptions

PokeDex entries are completely disregarded in the translation and citation department. But Dialga and Palkia are both around 13-19 feet tall, which is representing fine in sprite form.

>direct references to the real world

There have always been references to the real world. Mew was discovered in South American according to the first games. There's a fucking Nintendo console in your room in every gen, for christ's sake. Nintendo doesn't care about anything below surface value. Nobody's autistic enough to care besides you.
>>
>>25855789
>can't just be blamed on gen 4's lore-building

i didn't say it was
after mentioning pokegods I said the WHOLE thing needed and overhaul
>>
Sinnoh also had that ghost house. With actual ghost people floating around in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 250x351px
>>25855415
>>
>>25855936
This. The obvious connections to the afterlife and religion make Gen IV all the more creepier.
>>
>Creepy title screens
>Weirdo Galactic boss
>Amazing and atmospheric region
>Comfy music

Fuck, now I have to RE-BUY PEARL. Sure, the Pokedex was crap, but damn do I love Sinnoh.
>>
>>25856190
those title screens were so good they still make muh dick hert
>>
>>25856190
Why don't you just get Platinum...
>>
File: i will bury you.jpg (42KB, 400x719px) Image search: [Google]
i will bury you.jpg
42KB, 400x719px
>>
Diamond and Pearl were dark as hell. The only other thing I could imagine in a different gen that creeped me out like those games was in R/S/E with the Regis. The music in their caves unsettled me, the secluded underwater cave with everything written in Braille. And waiting for 5 minutes for Regice's cave to open. It spooked me so hard as a kid. But the ominous atmosphere is constant in Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>25856234
I guess. I like the original protag outfit better.
>>
>>25856266
OG legends are also GOAT
>>
File: 1459845931221.png (711KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1459845931221.png
711KB, 600x848px
Distortion World got me fucked up.

Platinum was my first pokemon game since Blue and the shit they pulled off in the DS blew my mind. Capturing Geratina felt almost forbidden.
>>
>>25856246
This
>>
The only things I remember really making me feel weird were the forest and that creepy house (and once I found Rotom it was all good), the lab (which reminded me of something from Mother 3, and the completely silent church. That place was fucking weird.
>>
>>25855803
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>25856284
>>25856234
I actually never played platinum because it got stollen by sandniggers, by diamond is my personal GOAT. Is it worth buying, or should I just newgame my Pearl?

While we're on the topic, anyone else think that dialgas original in-game sprites looked badass as hell but all other representations look like shit? I think it's just because they had to cram in so many details into so little space, but goddamn did that thing look magestic.
>>
File: 1418848111180.png (105KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1418848111180.png
105KB, 320x240px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCA_Sip_o64
>>
>>25855397
Don't forget the creepy ass opening with either a storm looking over the spear pillar (DP) or Cyrus staring at you maniacally and then being swallowed by origin giratina (Pt).
>>
>>25855514
>There was the eerie stuff, there were long, grueling routes like the ones leading to Snowpoint and Mount Coronet which gave off a good sense of isolation.
I loved those. A lot of people complained about the snow routes leading to snowpoint city but those coupled with Mt.Coronet really made it feel like you were trying traverse to a hard-to-get isolated destination.
>>
>>25856611
Yeah, I don't like how the Gen 6 Dialga model has its knees bent. Makes the pose less powerful.
>>
>>25856423
I remember Giratina's original dungeon (from DP) and the warm-up to it (the Unown cave in Solaceon City) gave me massive creeps. I never replayed the former after my first try in Pearl, fuck that place.
>>
>>25855397
And because of that, I want the remakes after we've gotten at least FRLG remakes and two (2) other gens. But that in all honesty depends on the amount of pokemon Gen 7 is getting. XY felt like a cheap romhack at times just distributing pokemon in habitats that made little sense geographically wise.
>>
>>25857096

>FRLG remakes

Are you retarded?
>>
>>25857175
Unintelligent poster not contributing.
>>
>>25857180
>unironically wanting remakes of remakes

Nintendrones, everyone.
>>
>>25855397
Don't forget the old chateau. Me and a friend spent countles hours exploring that place in search for clues.
>>
>>25857202
Not contributing
>>
i love gen 4 and played the shit out of pearl and soul silver, but i have never tried platnium
how different is platnium from diamond/pearl?
>>
>>25857275
Hows your post a contribution faggot?
>>
>>25855803
>Welcome to Pokemon. Do you really think they'd ever make legendaries not attainable? Even if they are cited as Gods, they're still just Pokemon. There's a reason humans are the dominant species in this children's video game.
The issue being that they went off the deep end and made literal gods obtainable by children, even by pokemon standards that's a huge stretch of the imagination.

>Everything is for the purpose of gameplay. Story always second.
Irrelevant to the point at hand.

>Nice. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, story. Disregarded.
Except for when those gameplay elements are inconsistent to previous and future iterations. For example, contests.
>inb4 b-but those sucked!
Doesn't matter. Other people did.

>Maybe if you'd played Gen IV you'd know that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina have historical ties to Sinnoh, the oldest region. And of course they're easy to find, it's a scripted fucking event. What are you smoking?
Gameplay is entirely irrelevant to this conversation. That said it's ridiculous that not only are they revered deities that you can more or less enslave, but that they have the same capture rate as a Chatot. Whereas the previous legendaries who are vastly under powered in comparison are harder to capture.

> But Dialga and Palkia are both around 13-19 feet tall, which is representing fine in sprite form.
No, they aren't. Just like the other Pokemon.
>>
>>25857465
Not contributing
>>
>>25857305
It's certainly worth a playthrough when you feel like going to Sinnoh again http://www.serebii.net/platinum/changes.shtml
>>
>>25857473

Here we go again with your bullshit.

>The issue being that they went off the deep end and made literal gods obtainable by children, even by pokemon standards that's a huge stretch of the imagination.

I'm glad you explicitly said earlier in the thread that you've never played Gen IV. Guess what, faggot! It's literally part of the story why you can capture the legendary. It literally says it in the scene before that the legendary is calling to you, practically begging to be captured. Why? You would know if you actually played the fucking game. It's enraged and is begging for peace.

>Gameplay... Irrelevant to the point at hand.
>Except for when those gameplay elements...

Holy shit, make up your fucking mind. The only reason I called you out on that shit before is you can't seem to keep your "inconsistencies" in regards to story or gameplay. You blend the two like they're the same fucking thing. Either shut the fuck up already or take your Adderall for your ADHD.

>Gameplay is entirely irrelevant to this conversation.

Fucking. Stop. Changing. The Subject. Also, read the part above in case you still don't understand why you can capture the legendary. It MAKES it easy for you to capture, because it WANTS to be. It's part of the fucking plot. Watch a video of the scene or something, jesus.

>No, they aren't. Just like the other Pokemon.

Okay, let's see. Dialga/Palkia appear in the overworld sprites as about twice as large as the player, maybe give a little extra. Average human height is 6", Palkia is about double that size. For a fucking pixel based game, that's reasonable enough. It's not fucking XY or ORAS, you're not getting accurate 3D models. Now, in battle form, Dialga/Palkia have about as big as a battle sprite as you can get for a Pokemon while still fitting the screen, so I do not know what the fuck you're even implying.

Maybe play the game you can't help bitching about, or at least research it next time, okay faggot?
>>
File: 1346732900880.png (33KB, 566x557px) Image search: [Google]
1346732900880.png
33KB, 566x557px
I thought the in-game Eterna forest music was good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS4bAFVDHjs
>>
>>25857674
>I'm glad you explicitly said earlier in the thread that you've never played Gen IV.
I'm not that anon and for your information the only Gen 4 game I don't have I Pearl.
> It's literally part of the story why you can capture the legendary.
What part of "THAT'S THE PROBLEM" don't you get? These are deities that can distort time and space on a whim that have been ripped out of their own dimensions forcibly, It makes no fucking sense that you should be able to capture them or that they would consider a human anything but a thing to look down on. That's why having them as gods make no sense at all.

>It's enraged and is begging for peace
HAHAHAHA no, they aren't.

>Holy shit, make up your fucking mind
Except for the fact that this part of the argument explicitly talks about gameplay elements. You can't mix and match parts of the post and act like you have an argument against it you retard.

>Fucking. Stop. Changing. The Subject. Also, read the part above in case you still don't understand why you can capture the legendary. It MAKES it easy for you to capture, because it WANTS to be. It's part of the fucking plot. Watch a video of the scene or something, jesus.

You're doing it fucking again.
And it's still makes no sense as to why they would allow an insignificant human that would live their whole life in the time that they blink the time of day let alone serve under them. It doesn't matter if it's part of the plot, the fact that it is is part of the issue with Gen 4's lore.

>Dialga/Palkia appear in the overworld sprites as about twice as large as the player, maybe give a little extra.
And with a body smaller than their head by a large degree. In the overworld both Dialga and Palkia are disproportionate as fuck jackass.

>Average human height is 6"
You idiot, the protags are nowhere near 6ft. Comparing them to Dialga and Palkia only proves that their height is misrepresented.
>>
>>25857674
>For a fucking pixel based game, that's reasonable enough. It's not fucking XY or ORAS, you're not getting accurate 3D models
You're forgetting about HG/SS and the Gen 5 games representing the height of the Pokemon on the overworld in a much, much more accurate way than DPPt despite being on the same system, that's no excuse for sloppy craftsmanship.

>Now, in battle form, Dialga/Palkia have about as big as a battle sprite as you can get
No they fucking don't, what on earth are you looking at?
>>
>>25857725
Ooooooh snap. That's fly as hell.
>>
>>25857725
I think this is the single best champion related track in the entire franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6okxJ1CYJM

Sinnoh had GOAT music.
>>
>>25855744
>>25857473
>>25857754
Alright, fuck it. I'll ask and I'm not any of the anons any of you have talked to before in this chain.

About the capturing gods in a pokeball thing. How is it any less absurd and fucks up with the consistency of the pokemon world any more than the rest of the games? Capturing Rayquaza in a pokeball. Capturing Kyurem in a pokeball. Kyogre, Groudon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas, Ylvetal and even Ho-oh and Lugia. All of these legendary pokemon wouldn't accept a literal who in the pokemon world telling them what to do or obeying them after being a part of the world and a legend of extreme power for thousands of years.

It's simply for the sake of gameplay and capturing them all. It's not just Sinnoh games where you're treated like the special snowflake kid that ends up as the best trainer in the game capturing legendary pokemon. It's every pokemon game since the start. And there's even more inconsistent shit if you really look into the lore. Pokemon isn't a story or lore driven game and I honestly don't give a fuck that I can capture a pokemon god in a pokeball.
>>
>>25857754
the fact that you're so upset by sprites in a game is hilarious
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.