[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why pokemon can't evolve during a fight in games? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: darwinisnothappy.jpg (7KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
darwinisnothappy.jpg
7KB, 298x169px
Why pokemon can't evolve during a fight in games?

I mean, this could be awesome, specially during gym leader fights and rival fights.

I hope SM add this
>>
>>25853996
>Why pokemon can't
*Why can't pokemon
Stop with this shit already. Go back to English class or something.
>>
>>25853996
I went through a Black 2 playthrough a few weeks ago and at one point timed my starter to evolve to its third stage during the gym leader fight I was about to do.

Fortunately, I recalled that that isn't a thing before I got there and ran around in the grass a bit first. No idea why I thought it would be possible to do, I have every reason to automatically know better.

Ah well.
>>
>>25853996
Agreed. I did a White 2 playthrough last summer and I was on Iris when my Lucario leveled up and learned Dragon Pulse, which I then got to use as the decisive move against her Haxorus. Not an evolution, but similarly cool.
>>
>>25854076
>Agreed
>period
>>
>>25854102
>>25854044
>liking pokemon at all
Stop with this shit already. Go back to English class or something
>>
>>25853996
Do this, then set all the gym leader/E4/champ pokemon at the tipping point. If you lose a mon, theirs start evolving and wrecking you even harder.
>>
I really wish that happened. I guess it's to avoid glitches? The stats, typing and ability changing during a battle could potentially cause problems I suppose.
>>
>>25854117
>going on a Pokemon board to discuss how much you hate it
underage please leave
>>
>>25854148
>hating on loli's
>>
>>25854117
>going on a 4chan board to discuss how much you hate said board's topic
>>
>>25854044
Sorry, i was busy and just typed without reading

Now i realize what i wrote.....blimey.....
>>
>>25854191
>cultural appropriation
>>
>>25854222
....Why do i feel that sentence is going to be the next "Delete this"?
>>
>>25854254
>Breaking the 4th wall
>>
>>25853996
Because if you're trying to teach it new moves it would get old quick telling the pokemon no, everytime it gains a level.

It would also make eviolite chancey the worst.
>>
This thread is a mess.
>>
>>25854168
>Forcing a meme
>>
>>25853996
There was a fangame that did this. It would just be a menu option. Was pretty cool, if I remember.

That fangame also had some other cool shit like if you had three magnemites in your party, regardless of level you could make them become a magneton.
>>
Could this be the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>25853996
New memes aside, I would actually like this. It just seems thematically appropriate.
>>
HAHAHA YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY MAYMAY XD
>>
>>25857683
thanks you too
>>
>>25854134
Mega pokemon do all of the above.
>>
>>25855113
Do you remember what the fangame was called?
>>
>>25857683
>ironic shitposting
>>
>>25858142
Megas don't change HP, a regular evolution would
>>
>>25860299
Pokémon change HP each time they level up though.
>>
>>25854268
>breaking the 4th wall from the real world
DELETE THIS
>>
>>25860311
I think me meant the base stat HP, not the health bar.
>>
>>25853996
My guess is that the evolution animation is too staple to the series to change. But having said animation play in the middle of a battle would disrupt a bit of flow. Plus it would get pretty annoying if during a battle, you leveled up and the Pokemon wants to evolve but you stop it only for it to gain another level and go through the animation all over again.
>>
>>25860374
>everstone
>>
File: Lucario_mega_evolve.png (735KB, 957x835px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario_mega_evolve.png
735KB, 957x835px
>>25853996
>Why pokemon can't evolve during a fight in games? I hope SM add this

I wonder how they'd call this neat feature, Anon-kun
>>
>>25860437
>giving up a proper item to skip long, boring bullshit that is best saved for after battle.
>>
>>25858297
No. Look on PokeCommunity or relic castle forums or something, you should find it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.