[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Horrid looking 3d models we're now stuck with till VR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1459935059142.png (720KB, 1031x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1459935059142.png
720KB, 1031x1582px
>Horrid looking 3d models we're now stuck with till VR pokemon in 2040
Am i the only one that preferred the 2d sprites?
some of my favorites just got murdered by these updates and considering they didnt change in oras it just makes me worried for sun and moon
rip miltank, wailord, rapardos, and all birds forced into flying animations
>>
/vp/ is the only place I've seen that thinks the 3-D models are bad. Some of the animations are bad, but that's an easy fix going into a new gen.
>>
>>25846956
My main gripe is that the textures look washed out.
>>
>>25846956
yes, i've been consumed by the hivemind on a board i visit twice a year
its unlikely they are fixing them considering the only pokemon we've seen is using the same modeling
>>
>>25846936
>Am i the only one that preferred the 2d sprites?

You're the only one
One world
One love
But the battle goes on
Shadows of mass destruction
>>
>>25846961
I keep hearing that same thing but I honestly don't see it. I mean, I've taken time looking through the dex and have not found an issue with the colors being washed out.
>>
>>25846936
Electross was stuck with the worst sprite
>>
>>25846978
look up swampert's old sprites compared to his 3d model
>>
>>25846936
I like the models, but I have a problem with some of the animations and idle poses.
>>
>>25846936
We survived almost 2 decades of sprites, we can surely survive another 2 of models
>>
>>25846936
No one thinks that, you are the only fucker that still believes sprites and 2d graphics are superior because you are a nostalgic fag that thinks the past was somehow better.
>>
I would have liked higher resolution sprites. But it's two late now. It would have been awesome with the 3d function.
>>
>>25847023
>no anon i liked x and y
>>what a pussy shit, you faggots making pokemon too easy
>no anon can someone genuinely enjoy one art media over another?
>>GENWUNER HOENN BABY
>>
>>25846961
That was an intentional choice to match the water colour style of Sugimori's artwork.
>>
>the year is 2040

>Horrid looking AR models we're now stuck with till bio-engineered pokemon in 2090
Am i the only one that preferred the 3D models?
some of my favorites just got murdered by these updates and considering they didnt change in BW3 it just makes me worried for shiny and chrome
rip motordile, ash-greninja, croaking, and all fish forced into splashing animations
>>
>>25847048
/thread
>>
>>25847048
>>25847056
>/threading your own post
>>
>>25847061
do you like doge?
>>
>>25846961
I like the pastel colours. Matches the overworld better.
>>
>>25846996
The 3-D model actually looks closer to the offical art than the sprites do desu
>>
>>25847090
>b8ed
>>
i like the sharpness and saturation of pixel sprites. the models are too soft and pale.
>>
>>25846936
>Am i the only one that preferred the 2d sprites?

Yes
3d was the greatest thing this series has done
Seeing my fav pokes fully animated and being able to molest them with the touch screen is a dream come true
>>
>>25846936
>orrid looking 3d models we're now stuck with
But on the other hand, they're a thousand times better than the shitty sprites.
>>
File: muh colors.png (958KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
muh colors.png
958KB, 1280x1280px
>>25847120
>i liked Pokemon having deliberately wrong colors
For fuck's sake just look at RSE Salamence.
>>
>>25846978

Starmie
>>
Asides from a couple wonky ones, the 3D models are excellent. And it's not like sprites didn't have their fair shair of shitty ones.
>>
>>25847374
This.
The only issue I see is that textures are too low-res (256x256), but this is easily fixed.
>>
File: 1364457856321.jpg (66KB, 418x313px) Image search: [Google]
1364457856321.jpg
66KB, 418x313px
i'd just like their idle animations to be a little more lively than just standing.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 240x240px
The models won't go anywhere for a while considering they're so detailed they make the 3DS struggle with more than 1 on screen.
Some animations are bland, but they can be fixed in later games.
Besides, I think the 3D models and animations are good and give the pokemon more personality.
At least it's way better than the literal shit that was the gen 5 sprites.
>>
File: pichu.png (7KB, 240x74px) Image search: [Google]
pichu.png
7KB, 240x74px
>the Pikachu-colored Pichu isn't Pikachu-colored any more
>in fact, the colors are so fucked up, that it's now the same color as a NORMAL pichu from gen 5
>>
The models are good. Mostly.

The animations are shit, that's the main problem.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.