[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so, I'm playing OR and decided I'd try and build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Ok, so, I'm playing OR and decided I'd try and build a team. I wanted to build a team around using Weather, but to take advantage of all it of, rather than just focusing on a single kind. So I was looking at something like this

Hippowdon
Camerupt
Excadrill
Avalugg
Abomasnow
Trevenant

I haven't sat down and done any super specifics yet, but the general idea is that each Pokemon is capable of taking advantage of at least one of the weather effects.

I have no idea if this is good, and to be honest, I'm not looking for a top level team. I just want to make sure this idea isn't doomed to failure from the start.

So, would this work?
>>
>>25845351
It's trash, the benefits of weather are negligible in this gen if you don't use them enough.
As you will be constantly switching, you will be taking damage and barely benefiting from weather because only half of your team does it, and there is not really a build.
Also, what do Trevenant and Camerupt have to do with all this?
>>
File: doubles.jpg (324KB, 2249x1469px) Image search: [Google]
doubles.jpg
324KB, 2249x1469px
>>25845351
i use a duo weathers for my doubles team.
these two.

Tyranitar and Heliolisk.

Tyranitar with sand stream ability for the weather attack and Heliolisk with Sand Veil ability to help Heliolisk dodge in the sand storm.
if you give heliolisk air balloon item for online battles, it makes a great partnership in weather battles.
>>
>>25845351
Is this team for competitive purposes or just in-game?
Either way you can do it. Much more freely if it's for the game since you can use practically anything with no restriction.
To make a competitive team based around weather is a bit more restricted but equally fun.
>>
>>25845384
Trevenant was going to be abusing Harvest.

Camerupt can benefit from(and use) Sunny day and also isn't hurt by Sandstorm

And I was hoping to build the team to be generally defensive to try and deal with that, making it more of a game of wearing them down.

>>25845412
I figured on fucking around online, but not like, trying to actually win anything. I play too much other stuff competitively to try and take a crack at Pokemon. I just want to make sure the idea is valid before I start trying to do it.
>>
Multi-weather teams can be OK. Tyranitar + Sand rush excadrill is a great pair, and you can also have a mega charizard y to both set and use sun. Frankly, hail is a shit weather and isn't really worth using. You can have an abomasnow or HA Aurorus to spam 100% accurate blizzards, but that's about it. For rain you can do all sorts of shit - have a pokemon with hydration and rest+rain dance for a great recovery option. You can always try to use politoed + a swift swimmer, but that strategy isn't so good in singles anymore.
>>
>>25845549
>Sand rush excadrill
oooo i know what im BREEDING next.
>>
>>25845549
How's Avalugg then? I figured on using Hail to just make him last as much as possible while the Hail was up.

Though I guess the combo you're suggesting does the same thing, but far more effectively. Perhaps a Whiscash for it?

If I was going to use a Swift Sim Pokemon, I think it would be Relicanth.
>>
>>25845835
Avalugg is pretty bad - it has the stats of a wall, but ice is horrible defensively. Blizzard spam is basically the only good use of hail-you could go for snow cloak + bright powder shenanigans with Frolass or something but that isn't reliable. Whiscash and Relicanth aren't really top choices for rain users, but if you aren't going for serious competitive then they're probably fine. For Whiscash I would recommend Rain Dance, Rest, Waterfall, and Dragon Dance. With lots of bulk and hydration+rest, you should be able to set up several boosts and then try to sweep. For Relicanth, you would probably want to run Head Smash, Waterfall, Earthquake, and some other coverage move (or it could set its own rain dance).
>>
>>25845835
So a possible team would be:
Mega Charizard Y
Tyranitar
Excadrill
Abomasnow or Aurorus
Whiscash
Relicanth/another swift swimmer/a chlorophyll user
>>
>>25845891
I'm half picking pokemon on them being able to tolerate more than one weather condition, so I can better adjust to my opponent, especially if they're trying to abuse a weather condition themselves.

Which looks to be the final nail for Avalugg, even though I love his look. I guess to plan I had for him was Mirror Coat, but that's better served by Sturdy anyways.
>>
>>25845908
Are you planning on singles or on doubles? Because for doubles there are a lot more multi-weather strategies.
>>
>>25845905
Hmm, looks like a good start. I think I'm going to just drop Hail from the lineup. I'll likely stick with the Trevenant/Harvest build, mostly because I like the look of it and it seems like an interesting thing to do.

Comes out to two for Sun, two for Rain, and two for Duststorm, with some mix and match coverage on the others if I want to avoid one specific weather.

>>25845919
Singles for now, I know basically nothing about Doubles, I figure I'll work on that as I go along.
>>
>>25845944
Sounds good, Harvest Trevenant is [s]super annoying[/s] a strong set.
>>
>>25845986
RIP my attempt to format
>>
>>25845986
What abilities am I using on him?

I was looking at Growth, Shadow Ball, Solar Beam, and then I wasn't sure for the last one. Or Maybe Wood Hammer instead of Solar Beam?
>>
>>25846016
Substitute is a must to abuse Harvest, other than that you are largely free. Most people stall with leech seed and will-o-wisp, but if you want to go more offensive then growth + horn leech + shadow claw/phantom force would work. Physical sets are usually better because Trevenant has much better attack than special attack.
>>
>>25846040
So

Sub
Shadow Claw
Wood Hammer/Horn Leech
Growth

Should do the trick?
>>
>>25846094
Yeah that's solid. EVs should be in HP, Attack, and maybe a bit in Speed to creep things. Play around with it and see what works.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.