[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you want Sun/Moon to come with it's own amiibo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 11

File: 150606pokemonamiibo.jpg (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
150606pokemonamiibo.jpg
233KB, 1280x720px
Would you want Sun/Moon to come with it's own amiibo line?

Why/why not?
>>
>>25826821
>physical DLC
please no
>>
>>25826832
Assuming it's completely optional. You'd get trainer amiibos you could battle once a day. Perhaps a special event pokemon for each amiibo (like surfing pikachu)
>>
>>25826841
>Assuming it's completely optional. You'd get trainer amiibos you could battle once a day.
That would be fine.
>Perhaps a special event pokemon for each amiibo (like surfing pikachu)
Locking exclusive moves behind amiibos is the kind of bullshit I don't want to see.
>>
>>25826864
>Locking exclusive moves behind amiibos is the kind of bullshit I don't want to see.
As opposed to locking it behind an event you have no chance of seeing in the west?

Amiibo is probably the best way of going about shit like that.
>>
I'd like to see some trainer figures. When it comes to pokemon you know they'd only do fan favorites so what's the point. There are already hundreds of lucario and blaziken figures. We don't need anymore.
>>
if gamefreak haven't done anything with amiibo yet I don't really see why they would start now. They seem to be really weird with these things anyway, like the pokemon amiibo in Super Mario Maker not having unique sound effects (like, what?)
>>
>>25826944
Well these will be the first pokemon games since the N3DS came out. If they were going to do it now would be the time.
>>
I wanted Pokken to have its own line of Amiibo because it was a small and manageable roster, but I didn't know how jewish Namco were.
>>
>>25826905
Neither are good.
>>
>>25826970
If they we're Jews at all they'd sell them.
Do you honestly not realize that the whole things a scam that's raking in the bucks for Nintendo?
>>
>>25827001
it's also a scam that makes people feel good about themselves for buying into it. It's a genius move by Nintendo really
>>
>>25827013
>genius move
Agreed, but only in a relatively short term profit sense.
They still hardly make any good games, their hardware is a joke, they have absolutely no direction and no real target anymore, and pretty much lost out on a generation by allowing themselves to get shoehorned out of their market share.

3DS is on it's last legs, but literally Nintendo's savior. Amiibos are making them a ton of cash. Mobile looks promising, as long as they don't devalue their brand and stick to spinoffs and casual games.

Hopefully, since they're making some real money for the first time in a while, they'll wise up.
But I sense more scams, gimmicks, and halfassedness because of the slight success.
>>
File: 1445957886930.jpg (121KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1445957886930.jpg
121KB, 808x805px
>>25827058
DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
File: 1456973069177.jpg (81KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
1456973069177.jpg
81KB, 600x904px
>>25827091
It hurts doesn't it?
I loved that damn company. Defended it to no end. I got nothing now.
>>
>>25826988
but which is worse?

mind you we've had mons with exclusive moves tied to paying for a different product in the past. In this case however it's a toy.
>>
File: pokemon3.jpg (27KB, 630x770px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon3.jpg
27KB, 630x770px
I loved collecting the trading figures. I'd definitely collect these too.

>tfw they will never make a figure of each champion and player character
>>
What about starters (the amiibo gives a 1 per game file starter egg, so you don't have to necessarily trade), the box legends (gives a 1 per game file master ball, for a grand total of 3 per game with the handout and both amiibo) and then maybe a few select version exclusives that start a swarm in a certain area when you scan them.

Literally none would be a must buy, but all would have a neat boost or would help casuals.
>>
>>25827110
Assuming you would be able to trade the the exclusive pokémon away, a significant number of events being Japan-only, and the amiibo stock actually lasting, then it's marginally better.
If any of those fail to hold true then the old system is better.

Either way, it's nothing to cheer for.
>>
>>25826821
Yes, because I enjoy collecting things and Pokemon is my favorite Ninty franchise.

I could even settle for cards if it meant every Pokemon gets represented (figures would probably be limited only to popular picks or something).
>>
>>25826864
A lot of event mons already cost money. Manaphy from ranger and jirachi from channel for example. The amiibo event pokemon would only be one version. They'd still do wifi and gamestop events. Unless your one of those people that needs to collect every event pokemon ever distributed, I can't see how it's a bad thing.
>>
>>25827331
It depends on the usefulness of the exclusive moves. If they are moves that would actually benefit the pokémon competitively then it's a bad thing.
>>
File: 1436662324471.png (64KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
1436662324471.png
64KB, 450x340px
>>25827058
>They still hardly make any good games
>>
>>25827479
Compared to what they pumped out in the past in a year or two they got nothing now.

Unless you really want New Again We Swear Super Mario Bros. Wii U: 2.

I'll give you, recently, very recently, they've been getting better.
>>
>>25826821
Fuck you, anyone who has bought an Amiibo legitimately deserves to die. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>25827498
Wow, either underaged or mentally underaged.

Either way, leave.
>>
>>25827498
That's the definition of edge
>>
>>25827498
someone's mom didn't buy him a Lucario amiibo at the store today =[
>>
have them give you special items like 200 potions
>>
File: 1375596069095.png (86KB, 255x324px) Image search: [Google]
1375596069095.png
86KB, 255x324px
They should of made an Amiibo foccused Pokemon game where it has the similar battle system as Tettra and the TCG.
>>
>>25827490
>Unless you really want New Again We Swear Super Mario Bros. Wii U: 2.
So you're one of those shitposters.
>>
Thankfully Masuda doesn't do DLC, so your cancer overpriced plastic garbage can fuck off. It's the one thing I'll really give him credit for.
>>
>>25827639
>so your cancer overpriced plastic garbage can fuck off.
We're talking about Amiibo here, not Playstation VR.
>>
>>25827657
Ayy, amiibo are great. Totally not cancerous business practice taking advantage of your loyal customers and piggybacking off their good will. Don't get me wrong, the people that are actually buying that shit and dropping so much money on them don't deserve any sympathy whatsoever, but that still doesn't make you as a publisher/developer any less of a moneyhungry scumbag.

>not Playstation VR
What? Literally what does that have to do with anything discussed in this thread?
>>
>>25827657
>implying Amiibo aren't cancer overpriced plastic garbage

Only a complete retard would be ok with having on-disc content locked behind physical, licensed merchandise. Don't be a complete retard.
>>
>>25827665
>>25827667
The difference being that content doesn't affect the game in a meaningful way like most DLC does and pre order bonuses seeing as the shit it unlocks wouldn't even exist without the Amiibo.

>What? Literally what does that have to do with anything discussed in this thread?
>>so your cancer overpriced plastic garbage
>>
>>25826821
Hell no. I hate this whole amiibo thing with a passion. Even DLC being as bad as it is happens to be better.
>>
>>25826832
Why is this physical DLC meme still going? It's cosmetic shit and in the worst case scenario some dumb boring minigame.
>>
>>25827704
These are people that have no idea what Amiibo are beyond "they unlock shit in the game".
>>
>>25827665
>taking advantage of your loyal customers
You what?
How does it take advantage of the customers when the amiibos barely do any shit with the games?
Even the new CEO who's name escapes me says that Amiibo don't do anything significant.

They're literally just merch of characters that give you a trinket in game, this shit isn't like Skylanders or Street Fighter X Tekken you retard.
>>
>>25827723
>>25827710
Alright so buying to nintendo's website and looking up what do amiibo do, I see besides the cosmetics:
>add a character to the game
>unlock new adventures
Is that just cosmetic shit?
>>
>>25827746
>buying
by going*
>>
File: victini card mockup.png (600KB, 864x1210px) Image search: [Google]
victini card mockup.png
600KB, 864x1210px
I'd actually like a Pokemon line, but there's a few ways they'd have to think about going for it.

>Physical toys
There's 700+ pokemon right now. No way are they going to make that many figures. Necessarily, I could see them doing it for box legends, starters, etc, but then what exactly would the point be for them? Take your save to a friend's game? Unlock that Pokemon (can you imagine the shitstorm if you had to "pay" for your starter or box legendary?)

I think a far more likely scenario is that they'd have ones for Event Pokemon; so we'd see figures for Mew, Victini, Manaphy, etc. Being that they're legendaries, they'd also be pretty popular sellers too I think, and would allow everyone to have an easily accessible method of getting a special event Pokemon, albeit one you had to pay for.

>Cards
Nintendo already has a built in TCG series with Pokemon, and I'm kind of surprised they never did anything with QR codes so you could make Pokemon fight on the cards or something. With amiibo cards, they could definitely hit that 700 mark. They could potentially incorporate it into their existing TCG line, or they'd simply make a new one like Animal Crossing. I dunno how good sales have been though of either series, and it once again raises the questions of what they'd actually be used for in Sun and Moon (although, a TCG game that uses amiibo cards could be interesting)

The other option is to make one for Sun and Moon that uses certain Pokemon (again, with the event Legends scenario ) or give them away at events instead of code cards (which Nintendo could see as a liability as people give them away online.

Personally, I'm kind of shocked we didn't get ones for Pokken Fighters. The Shadow Mewtwo card looks like it could have a "base" design; the yellow streak turning into red, blue and green could easily be copy pasted onto other cards for Pokken Fighters (and Shadow Mewtwo would be special; he's "corrupting" the card with his ice shit)
>>
>>25827704
"physical, downloadable content" gets me everytime. It's the modern version of "gotta download more RAM"
>>
>>25827667
How is it different then the hundred dollar nendoroid figures? Amiibos are cheap as fuck and you actually get something out of them.
>>
>>25827746
>>add a character to the game
I assume you're talking about CNS, in which case again, it's just a trinket that doesn't affect the game and wouldn't exist without said Amiibo.

>>unlock new adventures
Reminder, TP's new dungeon is literally the cave of ordeals but in wolf form.
>>
>>25827764
You also have MP10 which has entire boards hidden behind amiibo support.
>>
>>25827761
Because apparently "content" that doesn't affect the game actually means something now.

I could see the problem if it was content cut just to have as DLC like say Fallout or like another anon said Street Fighter X Tekken but that shit was added after the main game was finished just because the Amiibo existed.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (6KB, 673x672px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
6KB, 673x672px
>>25827777
See
>I assume you're talking about CNS, in which case again, it's just a trinket that doesn't affect the game and wouldn't exist without said Amiibo.
Replace CNS with MP10.

Also all of the boards look like this and contain the shit already found in the game. In other words, it's more or less a totally cosmetic change.
>>
>>25827792
> In other words, it's more or less a totally cosmetic change.
Totally cosmetic my ass. The items vary between the boards.
>>
No. I've already bought $1000 worth of the fucking things.
>>
>>25827822
>>25827822
>The items vary between the boards.
They're literally the same items that you get in the main game but limited to boards.
Hell it's fucking worse than the main game.
>>
>>25827864
Yeah, so you can play on the boards that has the items you actually like.
Changing boards like that and even mixing several together could add some much needed variety to the core game.
>>
>>25827881
Do you even understand what you just said?
You literally said that removing the variety and board design from the courses adds more variety to the game.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>25827891
It gives you more customization over the game you want to play, and not just in a cosmetic sense.
Like item rates in Smash, but not with the same level of finesse.
>>
>>25827913
>Like item rates in Smash
The difference being that Smash doesn't rely on the items where certain items can make or break a game in Mario Party.
Removing the random nature of the items removes a large chunk of what was fun about Mario Party.
>>
>>25827966
Yeah, and if you and you're party thinks that some of the items are too much bullshit you can pick a board that doesn't have them if such a board exists.
I really don't see why you have problems seeing how this gives players more control over how they want to play their games.
>>
>>25827665
You mean a company wants money? You poorfags just want free stuff. Amiibo aren't even expensive ffs. Nobody I know buys them for the shitty cosmetic perks the give you in-game.
>>
>>25827981
>and if you and you're party thinks that some of the items are too much bullshit
It's Mario Party you idiot.
The bullshit is half of the fun.
>>
>>25827982
>You poorfags just want free stuff.
All that projection. I'm neither a poorfag nor do I want free stuff. It's amusing how you go on full defense trying to justify buying shit by slandering and insulting others for judging said shit.
>>
>>25828019
Then what do you want?
Because at this point you're just complaining at nothing.
>>
>>25828026
I don't want shit locked behind physical figurines of garbage quality that have their value artificially inflated due to limited production. I don't want a company blatantly exploiting their customers, but I guess that's too much to ask for. Some integrity and good will is apparently a virtue these days in gaming.
>>
>>25827996
At this point you're literally saying that if someone don't want to play MP exactly like you do then they play wrong.
>>
>>25828065
I agree with you, but Nintendo has really stepped up production, because none of the new amiibo have been remotely rare. And while I don't want to buy stupid little figures to go with every game, they're not "garbage quality". Sure, they look bad when compared to a figma that's 3 or 4 times the cost, but for a 12 dollar figure, they aren't so bad.
>>
>>25828065
>I don't want shit locked behind physical figurines of garbage quality that have their value artificially inflated due to limited production.
Okay for starters, the limited production thing has long since stopped being an issue. Every Amiibo is easily available without going to a scalper. The quality has also risen by leauges compared to the early print ones Amiibos.
As for the locked shit, it's literally like complaining about a custom color being DLC.

>I don't want a company blatantly exploiting their customers
Okay how is it exploiting their customers?
They're not tricking them, they're not forcing them to get the Amiibo. I mean fucking hell, literally all of the Amiibo content wouldn't even exist without the Amiibo.

>Some integrity and good will is apparently a virtue these days in gaming.
So is common sense among fans but you don't hear me complaining.
>>
>>25828065
Gamers have virtually less than zero standards. They will openly accept anything their favourite company throws at them and defend that company to the death. This is why I can almost not fault Nintendo for keeping this into account. Almost.
>>
>people really have this much issue with Amiibo
Why?
The mere fact that they aren't digitally locked and can be used on a wide array of games make them better than DLC in general.

I mean, eventually digital DLC will be lost forever while Amiibo content will always be there and you can just buy the amiibo.
>>
>>25828065
Why is an alternate color or a board skin so important for you that you insult ajd despise people that like amiibo? Are you really that angry that your character can't be red or blue? I'm mot being sarcastic or anything I really want to know since when cosmetic changes are so god damn important for everyone.

Also TP amiibo only allows you to take on the cave of the ordeal (in-game without amiibo) as wolf link. MP10 is a board skin that has items available on all other boards. And the splattonshit is just some dumb minigames and weapon SKINS!
>>
>>25826821
>Pokken Amiibos never ever
Yet the Animal Crossing line never ends, still pretty fuckin upset about that
>>
>>25826832
>being a poorfag
>>
>>25826832
came here to say this
>>
Yes. I love Amiibo for being cheap, good-quality figurines with an added bonus of having a nice little function in some games that I like.
Complaining about Amiibo is like complaining about having to buy pokemon cards to play E-Reader games.
>>
>>25828131
So you come from /v/ right?
>>
>>25828229
Of course he does.
But it's true, you can see that in the fact that people care more about graphics than actual quality.
>>
>>25828177
How many cards of those little fuckers are even there? 300?
>>
i think it would be a good way to kinda, introduce and promote the most mascot-y pokemon (like the lucario/zoroark expy, pikaclone, starters?) and get everyone to like them. Maybe they'd give special eggs of that pokemon? with hidden abilities
>>
>maybe a training amiibo, you can use it once a day to train your pokemon, maybe once it's not a good deal....

Maybe one that increases the difficulty and another that decreases it (less experience, more pokemon and more experience, less pokemon)
>>
>>25828606
Nah, we have enough people complaining about that shit when it comes to TP.
Even though hero mode is in the game.
>>
>>25826821
Maybe a pokeball amiibo that helps you transfer pokemon from X&Y to Sun & Moon. You know, somthing super gimmicky.
>>
>>25828842

How in any way could it be more useful then Bank?
>>
>>25828849
It's not. I'm saying if we do get amiibos I hope they are gimmicky, like the pokeball example.
>>
File: pokken-tournament-gengar_grande.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pokken-tournament-gengar_grande.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>Gengar amiibo

Muh diiiiick
>>
>>25828918
Just put a special Pokemon behind it.
It's the best way to make it not useless but not important either.
>>
I'd be ok with it if and only if they were pretty much solely alternative methods to acquire limited-run event pokemon.
>>
If I could take my Mewtwo amiibo, tap it and then a delivery girl shows up in the next pokemon center and hands me Mewtwo. I'd be okay with that
>>
People actually are asking for day one dlc. THIS is what dlc has done. I can't wait until people are begging for nitnendo to do microtransactions for potions and pokeballs. You might think that is ridiculous but look where we are now. If I would have told you people would be asking for day one dlc back in 2007 you'd laugh at me.
>>
>>25829080
>Amiibos
>DLC
Pick one
>>
File: Pokken3.png (491KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Pokken3.png
491KB, 720x405px
>>25827756
>Personally, I'm kind of shocked we didn't get ones for Pokken Fighters. The Shadow Mewtwo card looks like it could have a "base" design; the yellow streak turning into red, blue and green could easily be copy pasted onto other cards for Pokken Fighters (and Shadow Mewtwo would be special; he's "corrupting" the card with his ice shit)
That's because Shadow Mewtwo's artwork uses the same basic template as the cards you scan at the arcade to save your data.
>>
>>25829159
You're right, the content is already on the disc, just locked away.
Somehow that doesn't make things better.
>>
>>25829200
>content
It doesn't even affect the game.
Anyway, it could be worse, it could be digital.
>>
>>25829226
You have earlier examples in the thread showing that it does, with stuff like TP and MP10 .
It's not much, but it's definitely there and it's more than just cosmetics.
>>
>>25826821
I'll bet they announce Pokemon amiibo for Sun/Moon at E3 this year. Pokemon has always been a toy cash-cow; they're running out of amiibo ideas (now that they've released most of the SSB set) and they need another solid line. They're making a Kirby set for Christ's sake.
>>
>>25829255
>You have earlier examples in the thread showing that it does, with stuff like TP and MP10 .
It would help if you read the posts replying to them anon.
Especially the one about TP where the content was just the cave of ordeals but in wolf form. It's nothing new and it doesn't affect the game.
>>
>>25826832
TP is the only nintendo published game with Amiibo unlocked content (non-cosmetic) and the game comes with the amiibo that gives you it
>>
>>25826944
i dont know why... maybe because amiibo wasnt a thing during the early XY games?
>>
>>25827639
>Masuda doesn't do DLC
kek
remember the ereader?
>>
>>25829316
That was only extra berries and special trainer battles, not exactly substantial content. I guess you could argue the Eon Ticket, but Latios and Latias were freely available outside of that event and there were other distribution methods.
>>
>>25829159
Thanks for proving my point. Don't worry, micro-transactions for potions and pokeballs won't effect the game either, you can still get it through enough grinding and hard work! :)
>>
>>25829280
So what if someone wants to play cave of ordeals in wolf form?
Granted there probably aren't many since wolf form kind of sucks.
>>
>>25829439
>So what if someone wants to play cave of ordeals in wolf form?
Then you buy the Amiibo, it won't change the actual content in the game.

>>25829436
What point?
Your post implies that Amiibos are DLC when they're the opposite.
>>
>>25829439
Is it even possible to buy TP HD without the amiibo?
>>
>>25829490
>Then you buy the Amiibo, it won't change the actual content in the game.
Aside from not being able to actually use said content together. Having to buy an amiibo to be able to use a certain no-cosmetic playstyle on a certain level is average microtransaction tier.
>>
>>25829524
Digital version.
>>
>>25829524
Yes bought it physically without it the other day.

>>25829538
Not really when the amiibo can be used on a plethora of different games. That said it still doesn't affect the content in a meaningful way, it's not like it's a true ending or impeding your progress. It's a player choice and such.
>>
>>25826821
>downsides
all the hot gluing gardevoir threads
>upsidse
all the hot gluing gardevoir threads
>>
>>25829581
It's only the absolute shittiest kind of DLC that actually impedes your progress. Same goes for a final ending, which basically means they are selling a completely unfinished game.

We're talking about having content that doesn't necessary play a big role, but is ready before release yet still locked away.
>>
>>25829622
>We're talking about having content that doesn't necessary play a big role, but is ready before release yet still locked away.
Then what's the issue if it doesn't play a big role? Especially when the base game still gives you more content than the original given the fact it has hero mode.
>>
>>25829670
>Then what's the issue if it doesn't play a big role?
I'm not going to even bother with this. The fact is that it is already finished by launch and is still locked behind a pay wall.
Most regular DLC and microtransactions aren't on the level you're describing. You usually get the real ending as well as it not being impeding. That doesn't make it less bad though. With the exception being f2p games but that's obviously not what we're talking about.
>>
>>25829871
>The fact is that it is already finished by launch and is still locked behind a pay wall.
And?
It's not anything significant and you can still experience the area. On top of that, what ever is locked by the Amiibo wouldn't exist without it, which is why many Amiibo features are extremely small.

>Most regular DLC and microtransactions aren't on the level you're describing
DLC doesn't impede progress but it certainly locks out larger portions of gameplay especially in games like Fallout. Speaking of Fallout it has nearly the exact opposite philosophy as amiibo where the DLC is just cut content as opposed to being content made after the full game was finished.

Microtransactions now are built on impeding the player's progress anon there's a reason why people make mad money off of those games. It's either you pay or you wait an arbitrary amount of time.
>>
>>25829080
Why are you so butthurt about cosmetic DLC? And please don't bitch about the splattoon weapon skins or the shitty rehashed minigame.
>>
>>25830004
>It's not anything significant and you can still experience the area. On top of that, what ever is locked by the Amiibo wouldn't exist without it, which is why many Amiibo features are extremely small.
Hardly. The amiibo seemed fairly integral to TW HD, to the part that all non-digital copies have it added to the price. You really have no evidence that the remake wasn't planned to have amiibo support from the start, and that resources could have been used other places otherwise.

>Microtransactions now are built on impeding the player's progress anon there's a reason why people make mad money off of those games. It's either you pay or you wait an arbitrary amount of time.
Again, that' mainly mobile f2p games. You have several more traditional games using microtransactions so that you can buy skins and shit like that for your weapons. Which isn't unlike amiibos.
>>
>>25830070
>The amiibo seemed fairly integral to TW HD, to the part that all non-digital copies have it added to the price.
It's not the only thing it unlocks it the ability to to the cave of ordeals as wolf link, also you can purchase the game without the Amiibo. Like I said before I bought it without it just a few days ago.

>You really have no evidence that the remake wasn't planned to have amiibo support from the start, and that resources could have been used other places otherwise.
I never said anything about it not having Amiibo support, just that the main game is finished before work on the Amiibo content is made which is why most amiibo content is cosmetic, a recharge tier thing, incredibly simple or like TP where they give you the same area but change the mechanics to one you wouldn't normally have there such as the Splatoon and TP amiibo unlocks.

>Again, that' mainly mobile f2p games.
Which makes up the majority of microtransaction games.
>You have several more traditional games using microtransactions so that you can buy skins and shit like that for your weapons.
Such as steam games like CS and TF2 such? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it possible to purchase new weapons with new traits too?

In a game where competitive multiplayer is the game I would say that's worse because it promotes the pay to win mentality as opposed to impeding the player's progress or giving the player a cosmetic change.
>>
File: Zelda.png (52KB, 916x286px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.png
52KB, 916x286px
>>25830124
Oh and just in case you don't believe they can come separately.
>inb4 britfag
Have a link to the American Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Game-Nintendo/dp/B01D15Z54Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1459800434&sr=8-6&keywords=Twilight+princess

With Amiibo special editions there's always a choice to pick it up without the Amiibo too.
>>
>>25830124
>It's not the only thing it unlocks it the ability to to the cave of ordeals as wolf link, also you can purchase the game without the Amiibo.
You must be lucky because all the retailers here only have the version with the amiibo unless you're buying used.
>I never said anything about it not having Amiibo support, just that the main game is finished before work on the Amiibo content is made which is why most amiibo content is cosmetic, a recharge tier thing, incredibly simple or like TP where they give you the same area but change the mechanics to one you wouldn't normally have there such as the Splatoon and TP amiibo unlocks.
How do you know that exactly? Because to me TW HD seems to have been made with the amiibo support in mind from the start and I fail to see how you can be so sure that it was only added after everything else was done?
Changing mechanics for an area is pretty neat thing and there is no justification for hiding it behind an amiibo.
>Which makes up the majority of microtransaction games.
True, but these aren't the games were talking about. Of course amiibo are better than f2p mobileshit, but then again fucking everything is.
>Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it possible to purchase new weapons with new traits too?
>In a game where competitive multiplayer is the game I would say that's worse because it promotes the pay to win mentality as opposed to impeding the player's progress or giving the player a cosmetic change.
Which is exactly why it could be a problem with pokémon.
>>
>>25830219
>You must be lucky because all the retailers here only have the version with the amiibo unless you're buying used.
I guess it just sucks to be American then.
Looking for this >>25830162
I noticed your prices drop a hell of a lot slower too.

>How do you know that exactly?
Because of the simplicity of what they do.
If it wasn't made after do you think it would reuse mechanics and designs again?

>True, but these aren't the games were talking about. Of course amiibo are better than f2p mobileshit, but then again fucking everything is.
Fair enough, let's drop this part of the conversation then for character limit reasons.

>Which is exactly why it could be a problem with pokémon.
Lets be honest here, it doesn't really matter because of the hacking community within Pokemon.
All it does it allow legitimate players to get a nice bonus that would only be seen if you hack.

That said if those pokemon given via amiibo had one special move and a set amount of perfect IVs it could be perfect bait for people who hack their games but that's besides the point.
>>
>>25830285
>If it wasn't made after do you think it would reuse mechanics and designs again?
I really don't see how it couldn't have been made or at least started on during the same time as they worked on the other upgrades on the game. Remember, this is a remake and not a completely new game.
>Lets be honest here, it doesn't really matter because of the hacking community within Pokemon.
If anything, it encourages hacking the same way regular events do.

>That said if those pokemon given via amiibo had one special move and a set amount of perfect IVs it could be perfect bait for people who hack their games but that's besides the point.
Well, they have had set genders and natures which people have burned themselves on in the past, although I think IV's have always been variable.
>>
>>25830380
>I really don't see how it couldn't have been made or at least started on during the same time as they worked on the other upgrades on the game. Remember, this is a remake and not a completely new game.
It's not a remake, it's just an upscaled port.
Taking that into account I suppose you would be right considering it wouldn't take to much time or effort to get the base game going. The fact remains however that the additions relating to the Wolf Link amiibo is more of a copy and paste job than anything else.
The reward for completion was also an unnecessary wallet upgrade too especially since the capacity of the Giant's wallet was increased to 2000.

>If anything, it encourages hacking the same way regular events do.
Which is why something like that wouldn't really be an issue, regardless of what they do there's still going to be hackers. All it does is give regular players a use for their Amiibos that they most likely already bought for Smash and other games.
>>
>>25827594
Not him, but that's not really a shitpost.
They've been making that exact game again and again for over 10 years.
I'm pretty sure anyone that isn't blind can see that.
>>
I want a pokemon game that has Amiibo, and uses them in a meaningful way that will probably make people mad. I just don't want it to be a main series game, and I don't want too many of them.

I also don't want it to be a 3DS compatible game because fuck buying a N3DS or add on.
>>
>>25830816
>They've been making that exact game again and again for over 10 years.
Yes because having similar music is the same thing as being the same game.
Then there's the fact that there's only been 4 NSMB games over those 10 years and one per system.

>I'm pretty sure anyone that isn't blind can see that.
There's being blind and then there's shitposting about a game you've never played.
>>
>>25830898
I have the first and played the Wii and Wii U ones extensively at a friend's house.

They aren't good games, they style is lackluster, the game play isn't interesting, and you can basically walk through most levels.
That being said, they aren't bad games. They are very polished and are fun causal coop games. There's little value single player though, especially with all the handholding, like the golden suits, to name one example.
And as you said there's only a handful memorable themes, and that's mostly because they are repeated and repeated, there's only two or three solid ones.

The games are ehhh. Not bad, not good. It feels like you're just going through motions.

Also,
>inb4 why'd you play them then? you must have liked them
Like I said, it's decent coop, I enjoyed myself. There's not many better options then HD Mario for platforming with a casual gamer friend.
>>
>>25831517
>the game play isn't interesting, and you can basically walk through most levels.
Not him but that's literally every 2D Mario.
>>
>>25826821
Amiibo cards with only a couple of actual figures are more likely. I'd be fine with that if they were completely optional.
>>
>>25831659
Not true, sure, some of them that is the case, but there are a lot of ones with challenge.
3 and the 'Lost Levels' (Japanese 2) are hard.
6 Coins and and World 2 are amazing games.
Just to name the tops.

And even the original, try running through it with 3 lives to start like it was originally intended. It's not easy.
>>
>>25831517
> especially with all the handholding, like the golden suits, to name one example.
You only get those if you die a whole bunch of times, so clearly, you're NOT basically walking through the levels. Also, you don't even have to use them. They're totally optional things that they offer you because you're so fucking shit at gaming that you keep dying in a 'casual game'.
>>
>>25831795
3 isn't hard. Lost levels I'll give you.
6 Coins is the slowest and easiest game by far.
Yoshi's Island didn't really play like a traditional Mario game but wasn't particularly hard.
>>
>>25827490
The NSMB games have all sold extremely well. They're usually the best selling games on the console.
>>
>>25828849
It lets them keep held items
>>
>>25832009
That's why I stopped replying, his post doesn't match up and I know he would come up with some bullshit excuse.
>>
>>25830816
>they've been making the same game again and again

That's an ironic thing to complain about here
>>
>>25832064
I think that only applies to the DS.
The best seller on the 3DS is X and Y
Wii U I think is Mario Kart 8
Wii is Wii Sports
>>
>>25832009
Nigga I wasn't implying I use the golden suits, I'm just talking about the fact that they exist.

>>25832021
I didn't say 6 coins was hard, I just said it was a great game.

>>25832064
True, but that doesn't mean they're good games.

>>25832169
Don't get me wrong, I'm sick of GFs bullshit too. As with most of this board.
>>
>>25832205
I don't think Wii Sports counts, it came with the system.
>>
>>25832373
Then it's MK Wii
>>
>>25832358
>I didn't say 6 coins was hard, I just said it was a great game.
By what standards?
Because by your own it isn't because you can walk through the levels. Bunny Mario pretty much breaks the game and it's the most common power up unlike the Golden Suit in NSMB which I think only appears in 2 anyway and not the console games.
Of course that's the NSMB games, it also appears in the 3D games.
>>
>>25832471
Level design mostly. Give it a play, or a replay if you haven't in a while. It's very diverse and never stops being interesting.
And true bunny is OP, but levels aren't specifically designed around it, like they are with the new power ups of NSMB games. It's not a gimmick. Save for that one bonus level, with the hippo bubble.
There's isn't a check list for a good or bad game, you can have elements of a bad game in a good game, but if you use it differently or make up for it in other ways. And that can really change things.

Not a troll question, hopefully you can see I'm not shitposting, I've played all these games multiple times and enjoy Mario platformers, but why is there all this defense of NSMB? I don't think you're samefagging, so that's like 2 or 3 anons against me here.
Do you guys genuinely like these games? Have you played the older ones? Or are people just jumping on me cause it's easy for this topic to attract shit and trolls/be mistaked for trying to start shit?
>>
>>25826821
FUCK

NO
>>
>>25832637
>but why is there all this defense of NSMB?
It's not so much defense as it is people usually judge it by the standards of two Mario games, namely 3 and World.
To top it off, most people that berate it usually haven't played the game and judge it on the first levels which through all 4 have had similar musical styles but differing level designs.

>Level design mostly. Give it a play, or a replay if you haven't in a while.
Played it recently for the first time on 3DS VC. It wasn't particularly good.
>>
>>25832792
Fair enough.

>wasn't particularly good
To each one's own I guess.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.