[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i haven't played a new pokemon game since pearl so i was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458886464597.jpg (133KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1458886464597.jpg
133KB, 728x636px
i haven't played a new pokemon game since pearl so i was thinking this new gen was a good new starting spot should i play or should i stay off the ride
>>
>>25825622
Stay away from the cancerous piece of shit Y/X and AS/OR are, they are fucking garbage that only autistic fucks and 3 yolds like.Unless you want to get used to the retarde mechanics of X/Y for Sum/Moon, don't play this "game".
Just stick to platinum instead.
>>
gen6 is extremely accessible, you can catch everything between the two games.
Oras has some QOL improvements (except graphics, which is very evident in cutscenes), XY has a better region and trainer customization.
Mostly people are bitter because XY has no postgame (being the first in its gen), and ORAS is equally lacking compared to the extras that the past remakes got.
Sunmoon is also a 3ds title so you might want to just skip to that, it's out in less than a year anyway.
>>
OP here i'd like too add that i havent actually beaten a version since silver after that all i cared aboot was the beauty contests
>>
get a 2ds and a flash cart that works with it. hack the 3ds and pirate y and alpha sapphire. install white and black 2 on the flash cart
>>
Son, if you've come here, you're already too far gone
>>
>>25825674
What this guy said.

I was the same as OP, and now I am also playing a white rom on my pc because people won't shut up about gen 5.
Admittedly I am enjoying it more then I thought.
>>
Play XY. Skip ORAS.
>>
HGSS is good
BW/BW2 is also nice, i was sceptical about gen 5 but i actually really enjoyed it

XY is a better experience imo if you're planning to play single player.

some megas are exclusive to ORAS so if you want to play online a lot go for ORAS.

both XY and ORAS suffer from a horrible lacking of postgame content, with the battle maison being a literal copypaste from XY.
>>
File: 250px-607Litwick.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-607Litwick.png
37KB, 250x250px
As someone who re-joined pokemon since gen 4, I'd GREATLY suggest getting Black 2 for your DS.

It's simple, yet challenging, no tedious-parts, interesting story (for which you have to know the basics of Black1/white1, but they explain them anyways). has maybe the BEST monster variety and, contrasting gen 6 by a far fucking lot, awesome post-game (with the pokemon world tournament, the battle subway, and side quests that you may actually give a fuck about.)

The only downside is not being able to connect online anymore (which is true for any DS game nowadays), but the game itself is still a pretty whole experience, especially for going back to the series.
>>
>>25826135
This or the original BW also work if you don't mind dealing with a whole new selection of pokemon and no old ones before beating the E4. My suggestion would be playing BW first and then BW2.

If you still want more just jump to XY. ORAS is meh.
>>
B2W2 (if you give enough fucks about the story then play B/W first, otherwise just skip to 2, it's better)
X/Y for replayability, ORAS for breeding/online
>>
>>25825638
Pretty much this. Except get HGSS. Soooo comfy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.