[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started a red playthrough because I got the New 3DS special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Red_EN_boxart.png (134KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_EN_boxart.png
134KB, 250x251px
So I started a red playthrough because I got the New 3DS special ed., and I went and chose Charmander and I forgot that there is no pokemon in between Pallet Town and Pewter City that are good against Brock, so any suggestions?
>>
>picking shitmander
>>
>there is no pokemon in between Pallet Town and Pewter City that are good against Brock

Nidoran
Mankey
Butterfree

Any of those will do.
>>
Restart and choose either Bulbasaur or Squirtle.
>>
>>25823994
Ember still does decent damage because Brock's Pokemon have fuck all Sp. Def and Rock Throw has laughable accuracy. You'll be fine, have you never played these games before dude?
>>
>>25823994
Mankey
Nidoran
>>
>>25824054

Yeah I did but I forgot that Mankeys in between where only added in yellow. And I played them I long time ago.
>>
>>25824037
>Mankey is only in Yellow before Brock
>Nidoran doesn't learn double kick until 43 in RB
>gtfo

Just use ember. It's nve but Geodude and Onix have shit special so it doesn't matter. By level 12 he should be able to solo Brock. Have a potion if you need it (you shouldn't).

Butterfree could work but he doesn't learn confusion until 12 in RB, so in addition to grinding him up to evolve, you have to go two more levels before he's worth anything. Waste of time, imo.
>>
>>25824291
Still has buterfree, stop being throwing an autistic hissy fit.
>>
>>25824303
Butterfree is still a fucking waste of time when he's got a perfectly capable chamander that'll be at level 13 by the time he fights Brock with minimal grinding.
>>
>>25824037
Every time we have this thread we have a retard who never player red or blue suggesting nidoran or mankey to someone.
>>
>>25824420
>forgetting shit in a fucking 20 year old game means you never played it
And there are always retards with your kind of thinking.
>>
>>25824962
why would you advise something if you're not fucking sure about what you're saying?
not him but you're the retard, son.
>>
>>25824402

Not really, leveling buterfree to 12 is easy as shit if you catch one in the forest and level it up with all the trainers before brock and some wild encounters
>>
>>25823994
restart, get squirtle, catch a male nidoran in route 22. be sure to fight one L2-3 pidgey or rattata on R1 so the weedle trainer will get you to level 8 and bubble.

When you face brock, lead with nido and switch to squirtle, 2 bubbles is a range with bad special, but be sure to tail whip if onix uses bide.

Once you kill onix nidoran will be level 8 - ideally you want to see a 16 in ATK, but 15 is still runnable as long as the other stats aren't all junk. (minimums are 11/13/11 at L8) If you don't need to reset there, then buy potions until you have 10 and head to route 3.
>>
>>25825044
Waste. Of. Time.
It very quickly becomes overwhelmed, and to keep it useful at all you have to over-level the shit out of it, and even then by mid-game it's outclassed. Save the exp, put it towards a starter or a Nidoran, and wait for a real psychic
>>
>>25824054
Actually none of them know a single Rock move, so you'll really be fine. I beat Brock with Charmander easily.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.