[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are gym badges a one time use only sort of thing in the animeverse,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (63KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 640x955px
So are gym badges a one time use only sort of thing in the animeverse, or could Ash theoretically head back and rechallange any league he wants?

Logically I know he won't, because "muh new region", and because if he does win a league tournament, he'd be on his way to finishing up his journey. But still, I think it could be interesting for him to train for the elite four, and then to challenge the champion. Maybe even have him going up against other league champions if he wins.

An anon can dream, right?
>>
Do Gym Leaders ever get together and spend Friday nights going out and getting hammered?
>>
>>25817258
Quite a few of them are underage.
>>
>>25817277
>>25817258
So yes they do.
>>
>>25817110
I used to watch the show years ago and remember Ash barely making the deadline for a tournament. If that's the case then they probably expire. The badges might have a date on them and can only be used once.
>>
>>25817110
>>25817366
What prevents a trainer for attending the same tournament every years (thus taking a spot from a new trainer)?

>badges are one year only
Well, he could use a pokemon with fly and recollect all badges in a week, he's not a newbie anymore after all
>>
>>25817366
But all tournaments have a deadline for entry, no matter what t is you enter into. This is so they can tally all the entrants and make sure everything is legit. If ash missed that deadline, it would mean a whole year before it would come around again. The question is do the badges expire, or is it just the hard limit on whe you're allowed to enter?
>>
>>25817476
I don't see why they'd expire. Aside from obvious reasons, Ash gets an additional 8 badges because every different regional pokemon tournament has their own regional badges required for them.

We've never actually seen Ash re-enter any of the regional tournaments, so there's no way to say. But again there's never any mention of "expiring badges". We don't even know if the league hosts these yearly tournaments simultaneously in every region or if it rotates among regions like the Olympics.
>>
>>25817542
Some memberships expire if you don't pay your dues. Maybe there is a provision that says if you don't battle at least one gym battle in the region in which you wish to participate in, your qualifications expire and you have to "retake the bar exam", as it were.

I hadn't thought of the idea that the league might swap regions. It's possible, given that theses things draw, what, hundreds, maybe thousands? Of contestants each year. And that's not counting how many trainers give up or are forced to retire or whatever reason.

I had always assumed that each region had one conference per year, since it seemed like all the trainers for their starters on the same day, or at least around the same time, maybe within a few weeks of each other. Then they'd have a whole year to practice, get badges, and participate in the tournament.
>>
>>25817542
>Hey guys I want to enter the Sinnoh League

>Alright...hey wait a second kid! These are last years badges! You've gotta go qualify just like everyone else!

I'd see it working like that. You'd need to get the 2016 badges to be in the 2016 championship. Gotta qualify dawg.
>>
>>25817940
>>25818116
There's nothing to really support this idea of expiring badges though, because it's never been brought up in the show (nor has it ever needed to).
>>
>>25817392
>Well, he could use a pokemon with fly and recollect all badges in a week
>thinking it'd be that easy
>>
>>25818697

Especially since in the games, it's not like you have to re-collect the badges to rechallenge the E4.
>>
>>25818788
Well, games are the games, and the anime is the anime. But it's better than nothing really if we're looking at the in-universe evidence.

>>25817940
>I had always assumed that each region had one conference per year,
I'd think it would be like this, because even in the anime there are different Elite 4s, and different champions. If the league rotated conferences by region, then there would not be regional champions and regional Elite 4s in the anime.
>>
>>25818727
But it would
If the nigga is League level
Gyms are meant to test newbies
>>
>>25818891
I wonder if each region has a different time of year that they hold their championships. Like Kanto is in april, johto is in may, hoenn is in june, etc.

It might make it easier for highly ranking trainers to participate in many different conferences if they were held in different dates.

Or maybe they dont WANT trainers to compete in multiple leagues per year?
>>
How would you even go about doing this? Do gyms change their badge designs every year? Do badges have some kind of "authentication chip" that expires after that year's league tournament? Would the people in charge of registering trainers call up each gym leader and show them your ID to confirm you fought them that year?

It doesn't really seem necessary. If the trainer already managed to defeat eight gyms, then that is proof that they are competent enough to fight in the league alongside others that have done the same. I doubt they assume those who lose one year are just sitting on their ass until the tournament comes 'round again, because those sorts of trainers likely wouldn't get that far to begin with. Anyone who would seek to challenge the league again after losing one year would likely be training their ass off for it.
>>
>>25817110
And now I'm remembering how garbage the Ash obtaining the Kanto badges were.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.