[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to the Stadium series? Stadium, Coliseum,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1355534746228.jpg (31KB, 186x248px) Image search: [Google]
1355534746228.jpg
31KB, 186x248px
What ever happened to the Stadium series? Stadium, Coliseum, and Battle Revolution were fun as hell.

I get that the newer handheld games can already give us Wifi and full 3D battles, but there was a certain appeal to getting your buddies together, everyone grabbing their Gameboy/DS, and just battling it out on a huge screen. We had so much fun with Coliseum's 2v2 mode and all of the minigames in Stadium were a blast. Battle Revolution had its moments also.

I really don't see why a cheap, "Stadium U" title couldn't work. Full HD, tons of online options, trainer customization, different battle rules, all the old features we loved like minigames, TV play, Gym Leader Castle... Does Pokemon Company hate money or something?
>>
I BLAME THE JEWS
>>
>>25816623
>Full HD, tons of online options, trainer customization, different battle rules, all the old features we loved like minigames, TV play, Gym Leader Castle
>cheap

That's not cheap you dumb fuck. You are talking about a considerable money dump that it's not even sure to make decent sales.
>>
>>25816623

Pokedex 3D Pro had extremely accurate and detailed models of all Pokemon up until gen 6 as well, so it wouldn't be hard to make (just add more animations and a hundred or so new Pokemon models, or just use the X/Y ones for the Kalos Pokemon and alter them)
>>
>>25816641
But it's really not. They have the models all made, and the framework from Battle Revolution is already there. They could get a pretty decent return on it.
>>
>>25816623
Battle Revolution had poor reception and GF decided to can the games.
>>
>>25816623
Because "muh 3D" is now in main series.

but is G6 3D better to any of these four? even stadium?
>>
Yeah, blame PBR because it must have sold so little it killed the future of any new games. Even with a high selling system such as Wii it flopped so bad they figured a second game wouldn't be worth it, a Black/White edition was desperately needed though.
>>
File: 1454479665850.png (540KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1454479665850.png
540KB, 500x574px
>>25816770
That's because Pokemon Revolution was NOT a Stadium style game. The entire allure of the originals was that you could pick any Pokemon and then battle. It also didn't include a lot of staples that the Stadium games were known for, like mini games, playing your cartridge on the big screen and Gym Leader tower. It may not seem like much but all these things are reasons people remember and love the original Stadium and 2. Also didn't help that the online was SHIT.

Revolution is a shit stain on the Pokemon name and I'm sad we'll never get a real stadium game again because of it.
>>
[alt-255] [alt-255] [alt-30] [enter] [alt 30] [alt 255] [alt 30]
>>
>>25816822
After Stadium 2, they incorporated it into the main games as The Battle Factory
>>
>>25816770
Game Freak never made the console games. That was HAL and Genius Sonority.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.