[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gameplay in Lumiose City is pure ass. You can't see where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: lumiose-map.png (274KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
lumiose-map.png
274KB, 1191x842px
Gameplay in Lumiose City is pure ass.

You can't see where you're going half of the time, the loading zone transitions coming out of nowhere totally throws off your sense of direction, signs are hard as fuck to read (and you might end up going into a building because of the them rollerskaters having no subtle movement), you bump into things all the times etc.

Fuck
>>
File: 1458497009987.jpg (400KB, 1240x863px) Image search: [Google]
1458497009987.jpg
400KB, 1240x863px
Castelia City was better.
>>
>>25816236
Yeah. It's like they went "let's take all the bad things about Castelia City and make it into a circle"
>>
Control pad moves your character and the camera. D-pad moves your character without changing the camera. Use a combination of those to do what you want.

How can you be too casual for XY?
>>
They wanted to show off 3D, but it was bad. My ass still hurts remembering the save glitch too
>>
File: Azure.jpg (195KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
Azure.jpg
195KB, 600x380px
>>25816236
I wish roller skates were more convenient to use and camera was further away from the player.

Actually, camera was irritating not only in Lumiose City but also in Azure Bay.
>>
>>25816236
How do you get lost there?

Do you get lost in your hometown too?
Sheesh, you kids need a sense of orientation.
>>
>>25816300

I think bird's eye Pokemon gameplay is better for real.
>>
>>25816236
It can be confusing at first but it's really easy after that.
It's the best city in any game of the main series in my opinion, there's a good amount of things that you can do and explore in Lumiose

>>25816246
Castelia had interesting visuals for the DS but it didn't had interesting stuff to do like in Lumiose, there's no "replayability" in this city.
>>
>>25816351
May I ask what exactly appeals to you in this city? Is it abundance of cafes, restaurants and other services?

Personally, after I've explored everything (the task which took me few hours, I must admit), I only used this city for Le Wow training and Battle Intitute BP grinding.

Sadly, good chunk of Lumiose felt like a big clutter (although I have to admit that I love Sycamore's lab and Looker quest was a nice addition).
>>
>>25816459
Like I said before, it's big and you have a lot to explore, visit the museum/hotel, talk to people in the themed cafes, try a haircut, see all the different shops, battle in the restaurants and Battle Institute, try to make a PR Video, the optional Looker quest that has a nice story and gives Lumiose a bit more of flavor... Think about it, Lumiose really has a good amount of content compared to the "norm" that is the cities pokémon games, where you just has a Pokemon center and some houses.
>>
>>25816236
I love Lumiose City.
If you get lost just use one of the 20ish taxis around there. They exist for a reason.
>>
Fuck lumiose city. Worst of the big city archetypes in pokemon.
>>
People who get lost in Lumiose are the cancer killing the series. People complain about Game Freak casualising the series but why wouldn't they if (supposedly) grown adults can't even navigate themselves around a city?
>>
>>25816351
I found Goldenrod, Mauville and Castelia to give off the "Big City" feel a lot better.

Also, Castelia has the Royal Unova, and the Gamefreak battles, and the guy giving you berries in the art museum. It was supposed to be the business City to Nimbasa's "city of play" which is why that had a shit load of stuff to do
>>
File: todd money.png (971KB, 1594x900px) Image search: [Google]
todd money.png
971KB, 1594x900px
>>25816859
>They exist for a reason.
To rob you of your precious monet you're saving to buy clothes?
Trust me, I'm French, though not from Paris. Not all taxis are like this, but man, some really are assholes when it comes to money.
>>
>>25816236
I'm mostly just annoyed that there were no wild Pokemon in alleys and such.
Also, they show off a sewer of some variety but never did anything with it.
>>
>>25818033

I wouldn't get lost in there if the camera angles, movement fine tuning and loading zones weren't such a piece of crap
>>
>>25818174
>Mauville

It was never Hoeen's big city
In RSE it's literally a settlement
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.