[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was watching some shiny reactions on Youtube. And I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1448235122791.jpg (38KB, 705x470px) Image search: [Google]
1448235122791.jpg
38KB, 705x470px
So I was watching some shiny reactions on Youtube. And I was wondering why does this guy have a level 999 dexnav level on all pokemon? Is there a feature that speeds up your dexnav levels? Or did he just cheat? Why does he on average find them in way less encounters if he encountered them 999 times already without a shiny just to encounter them on stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2pN-VuBPs

Also, any general shiny hunting team build tips appreciated.
>>
Because he's a loser
>>
>>25815134
You do realize that chaining has no effect on shiny rate with the dexnav?
>>
>>25815149
That's not the point I was trying to make
>>
>>25815155
Do crabs think fish can fly? Think about it.
>>
>>25815157
That's irrelevant. So is your common-knowledge on chaining regarding the shiny rate.
>>
>>25815162
Its irrelevant but it's interesting to think about. It kind of puts our understanding of "life" into perspective. Are we the crab, seeing fish fly by, not knowing that there is a different world that sees our understanding of everything as simplistic?
>>
>>25815173
You pretending something that isn't deep is interesting doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm an adult. Babies first step into the deep utterly bores me.
>>
>>25815157
You do realize crabs can swim and are not trapped on the seafloor
>>
>>25815178
You claim you are uninterested, yet you reply.

This sort of represents humanity as a whole, even when we claim to be uninterested in something, deep down we know that we want to explore, want to learn, want to understand everything. So much of our existence has been solely dedicated to explaining the world around us, it wouldn't be a stretch to call "wondering" a natural human instinct.
>>
>>25815195
>You claim you are uninterested, yet you reply.
One would call that an act of courtesy. You young one has so much to learn about conversation101, it's almost as if you never talk to people irl.
>>
>>25815199
Your facade of supposed superiority hides nothing, my friend.

You pry, but then retreat. Why not go deeper into your own thoughts and feelings? Are you truly not interested?

Or are you afraid of what you'll find?
>>
i'm loving this conversation you guys are having. what pokemon did you smoke?
>>
>>25815134
>Is there a feature that speeds up your dexnav levels?

Aside from hordes, no. It takes 200 horde encounters of the same Pokémon to max out the DexNav level so if you've done a lot of EV training it's not unusual to have a level of 999 for certain Pokémon. There are no Trubbish hordes though so yeah, he clearly cheated.

>Why does he on average find them in way less encounters if he encountered them 999 times already without a shiny just to encounter them on stream?

While obviously he didn't actually encounter 999 Trubbish, I have a theory that the hacked DexNav level did in fact help him here. It seems to be taken as a general fact that the DexNav has a flat shiny rate like the Friend Safari, and that neither the chain length nor the DexNav level affect the shiny rate. I'm not sure if this is just a theory based on averages of there's actual proof, but my own tests seem to contradict this fact.

Like the guy in that video I did some tests by hacking my DexNav levels to 999 for a couple of Pokémon, specifically Unown and Porygon. In only a few hours I encountered around 15 shiny Unown and 5 shiny Porygon (I suspect the number is lower for Porygon because there were also Purugly on that island so I encountered fewer Porygon in total; incidentally none of the Purugly were shiny). I had never encountered a shiny with the DexNav prior to that point and haven't since (I lost the ability to inject so I haven't been able to repeat the test, but I have done a TON of DexNaving and never found another shiny that way despite the alleged flat shiny rate).

Like I said I haven't seen the proof that DexNav level conclusively doesn't affect the shiny rate so I'm only speculating based on my own experience, but I have to say that's one hell of a coincidence if it's not true. The fact that the guy in the video had a clearly hacked DexNav level seems to indicate he was aware of this phenomenon or at least suspected it was true even if it's not.
>>
>>25815395
>200 DexNav level
Source? Bubla says 100
>>
Shiny hunting is really retarded, half of them don't even have the Shiny Charm for some reason, they insist in finding shinies in the wild instead of just using Masuda Method+Shiny Charm to get GOOD and specific shinies.

They only want it as a trophy, but there's no achievement in getting shinies when it just depends of the mindless time that you waste. Want a REAL achievement? Try to finish a action/adventure/vertical shooter or even other rpg in the hardest difficulty, this would require your effort and be worth of praise.
>>
>>25816123
Having been both an avid shiny hunter and a guy that got really into playing games on harder difficulties, I have to agree completely. I played through Dishonored on the hardest difficulty and managed to ghost/clean hands everything all in the same run, and I have also played Bravely Default and Bravely Second both on hard (from the start, I never even touched lower difficulties so I went in completely blind both times) and managed to beat both of those as well. There are quite a few very challenging games out there, and those give a far greater sense of achievement than getting a shiny.

HOWEVER, getting a shiny you put in the time for does give you quite a decent high feeling, so it could be comparable in terms of sheer good-feels and less on the lasting impact.

So I guess its kind of a cheap thrills vs pride in ones own skills. People who sit streaming the whole day or record for hours on end to upload to youtube are pretty autistic though.
>>
>>25818140
>>25816123
Oh man Bravely Second is such a great game! Love the recycled non-character development and main characters which can be summed up with one simple line (mrrmrmrmrmrr). It's an example of a game that despite having a soundtrack and good battlesystem is not worth playing. It's utter dogshit. Grinding doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>25818489
>not playing it on hard and having to actually use strategy to get through the series of extremely difficult fights

It doesn't matter what you think of the story, the gameplay is more than enough to find the game to be extremely good.
>>
>>25818741
>having to use actual strategy
Hardly excuses the game's awful story.
>gameplay is more enough to make it good
The gameplay hasn't changed much from bravely default, and already overstayed its welcome there.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.