[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, I'm new to pokemon gaming. I'm deciding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1458076234586.jpg (374KB, 1153x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1458076234586.jpg
374KB, 1153x1529px
Hey /vp/,

I'm new to pokemon gaming. I'm deciding what console and game to get. Given I'm a poorfag, I would like to just get an DSi and White/Black or White 2/Black 2. Will I be missing out alot if I don't get the 3DS and the newest games?
>>
>>25807418
MyBoy/MyOldBoy/Demume for phones and tablets
VirtualBoyAdvance/Desmume for PC
>>
I would recomend getting the 2ds theyre $80 here in the u.s. new .. so that way when your ready to move up to xy or oras, youll be ready, but starting with BW is not a bad idea i loved BW and BW2 , but go with BW since bw2 is a part 2 type of story to bw aka episode 2.... Although xy and oras are amazing games you wont miss out since BW is an memorable experience i still play BW and love going back to it everything feels so gucci, if all you can afford is a dsi then do it, but look for a used 2ds if you can
>>
>>25807435
I don't like the emulators. Not comfy on phone, not portable on PC, and unable to engage in multiplayer, trading, and similiar stuff. I had multiple games started on simulators and I always stopped playing them because of how much the simulator sucks.

I want DSi or 3DS and I don't know if the extra 50-60 bucks (talking second hand prices in my location) is worth it.
>>
>>25807591
I don't want the 2DS because portability (does not fit in pocket, screen exposed when not in case).

But thanks for more info on the games, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>25807418
If poor just get what you can afford.
If you can shell out extra, just step into the new Pokemon games. They are very comfy and fun.
>>
>>25807418
Please do not start with Black and White or their sequels. They are terrible games that will make you hate the series.
>>
>>25807708
Why so? What would be the good entry point?
>>
>>25807601
just get a 2ds, lets you play all 3ds + ds games and is pretty cheap
>>
>>25807738
this, you can even buy it used then install Custom firmware on it and just download .cia's and play.
>>
>>25807731
Don't listen to that tasteless faggot. BW and BW2 are great game, my favorite in the series to be frank.
>>
>>25807731
They're very restrictive games that of all the games are most plainly meant for children.
There is next to no freedom, and you are bound to their story and characters at all times whether you like it or not.

The ideal solution would be to emulate FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Emerald, and Platinum.
>>
>>25807731
HGSS is good.
Fuck even ORAS and XY are good starting points.
BW will just confuse you.
Like what >>25807708 said.
I know everyone has different opinions but gen 5 almost made me quit Pokemon.
>>
>>25807901
Not him but, it honestly got my little brother back in, and really firmed me back in.
BW will feel like you're playing the series all over again, full of mystery. Just make sure to play BW2 afterwards and just SKIP the postgame.
>>
>Being this tasteless
No OP, that guy is being an enormous tasteless faggot. BW and its sequels are my favorite games, and really, they are a bit of hit or miss: you either like them, or you don't.

But for a starter it's a great game. Expect more story than most Pokémon games.

Now, if you want multiplayer... I'm saddened to tell you, don't expect it in a physical DS, the WFC service got shut down for everyone. If you want a game where you will be able to enjoy online, grab a 3DS
>>
>>25808291
>>25808292
You're the tasteless faggot here.
You're the one who enjoys having babby's first moral dilemma shoved down your throat every two minutes.

If you don't like the plot/characters of any other Pokemon game, it's done quickly and goes right away.
Gen V smothers you in its shitty plot and with its shitty characters.

Every time I legitimately enjoyed something in Gen V, there was a fuckload of bullshit to wade through immediately after, and it never fucking ended.
Every other game's shitty evil team plot is wrapped up before the eighth badge. In these shitty games, they drag you down until the credits roll. You don't get to become champion in B/W, you have to have LE EPIC CLASH OF TRUTHS/IDEALS (with dragons!) instead. You're the Chosen One! Amazing!
>>
>>25807652
Well if you were to buy the 2ds, a ds flashcart and a big enough sd card, then you would be able to play everything up to oras without paying an extra dime.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.