[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>scythes get replaced with scissors/claws Truly the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-212Scizor.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-212Scizor.png
57KB, 250x250px
>scythes get replaced with scissors/claws
Truly the worst evolution ever.
>>
>>25803911
Agreed.

All truly great mons have blades for arms. Megachomp, Scyther, Gallade, the list goes on.
>>
>>25803911
Kantowunner..
>>
>>25803911
Scizor was basically mega-evolution before Mega-evolution existed. It wasn't meant to be a Pokemon to replace Scyther, just another way to use Scyther.
>>
>>25803911
Scizor didnt get a stat increase or anything though from Scyther. Just switched its typing and moved some stats around.

Though I do kind of find it funny that if you showed me the two without knowing they were evolutions, i would of just assumed they were a hitmonchan, hitmonlee sorta deal.
>>
>>25803911
>>25803996
>>25804027
Scizor should have been to scyther what heracross was to pinsir, especially since pinsir and scyther were rivals in gen 1.
>>
pincer claws are inherently more dangerous.

A scythe can be deadly yes, but everything has a cutting threshold unless the blade is monomolecular. Clamps have crushing power, and the way they work is that they can exert ludicrous amounts of force with minimal physical effort.
>>
File: seymour grimace.jpg (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
seymour grimace.jpg
7KB, 257x196px
>>25803911

>can now grab and throw enemies instead of just cutting them

>can now deal more pressure with physical attacks

>can now fight with more defense thanks to it's skin being practically armour

>can actually function as a living thing thanks to it's evolution, as it can now pick things up, hold things, press buttons, high five its trainer, etc. instead of having huge scythes for hands

>looks infinitely cooler in it's new form

April 1st was yesterday, anon
>>
Scythes are in all reality shitty weapons. Pincers are tried and true wrecking machines actually seen in nature. Crushing grabs>>>>>>>>>>>slashing attacks
>>
>>25804076
I agree.

I love Scizor, absolutely fucking love it, but I also love Scyther.. I just dont like that Scizor more or less invalidates Scyther.. wish they could coexist.
>>
>>25804200
Scyther is one of maybe 10 Pokemon that can actually pull off eviolite thanks to Scizor.
>>
>>25804312
I suppose, yeah, but it's still not exactly good.

Though, if they ever do decide to buff Bug or Flying in a way where it's type combination isn't one of the worst in the game, then Scyther certainly has a shot. Being a fast, bulky Roost-mon with decent attack ain't too bad of a proposition. It's typings the only thing holding it back.
>>
>>25804200
I mean, Scyther and Scizor have the same total bst, and having an evolution allows Scyther to run eviolite. A bulky set with sword dance is actually pretty good in NU.

The only way in which Scizor makes Scyther worse is by keeping it from having a megaevolution.
>>
File: snips.png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
snips.png
79KB, 250x250px
>>25803911
fixed
>>
>>25804344
Scyther is still good in UU even up to gen 5. I dunno how he fairs now tho.
>>
>>25804200
I want this just so we can have mega scyther
>>
>>25803911
From a practical point of view, no it isnt.

In fact, I would say it's a clear improvement by just considering it can now manipulate with objects in it's enviroment.
>>
>>25803968
Kabutops
>>
>>25803911
I'd be fine with Scizor if its claws didn't look like they were made of playdoh
>>
>>25803911
it's related to the evolution from cutting crops with a scythe, to garden-scissors.

i think it's nice.
>>
>>25804375
marry me.
>>
>>25805255
And it likely increases it's power because now it can grip down similar to say a crab or a crocodile, and deliver a lot more force than simple slashes. It could now hold something in place if it wanted too.
>>
File: what have i done.jpg (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
what have i done.jpg
43KB, 250x250px
>>25804375
>>
>>25803911
Scyther care about two things above all else - their speed and scythes.
Scizor takes away both of those things unnaturally. It means the Scyther was weak enough to be caught, as well.

^a meme I subscribe to
>>
>>25805262

Would you be hype for a Mega Kabutops?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.