[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If S/M's fire starter is a zodiac animal, will you believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 1.gif (32KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
32KB, 424x424px
If S/M's fire starter is a zodiac animal, will you believe it?

I've decided I will be a zodiacfag if it's a zodiac animal but I will continue to be skeptic if it's some like an ocelot and zodiacfags say "i-it's loosely inspired! It's still a cat like a tiger!". I just can't wait until the starters will be released for me to finally make a decision on this.
>>
>>25783046
I think it's interesting, but I'm not going to lose my shit if it is or not. It's cool in theory but it's not like it actually means anything for the games themselves.
>>
Foxes are not dogs. And even if it turns out to be a cat, a bat, a bear or something else that's not in the zodiac, they'll still argue that bears totally count as tigers.
>>
>>25783068
Cat isn't in the zodiac proper but it's part of the mythology
>>
>>25783068
Can we just humor the idea for a moment and potentially consider the possibility that Game Freak itself doesn't give a fuck about scientific accuracy when creating a bunch of fictional monsters IF they actually are going for this theme. The very idea of foxes being canines may have resulted in a more stylistic aspect than accuracy.

I'm honestly fine with both ways, really. If it actually exists, okay. If it actually doesn't exist, fine.
>>
>>25783106
Oh great, it's this retard again.
I'm not talking about "scientific accuracy" at all, what are you even talking about?
>>
Fire parrot when
>>
>>25783134
Simply the whole 'foxes are not dogs' aspect. Obviously, they aren't. However, who knows if Game Freak even cares about that since to them, any canine could work.
>>
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion aren't a Zodiac animal.
>>
>>25783152
But I'm not talking about biology, you dense fucker, I'm saying that if they wanted a dog for the zodiac theme, they wouldn't make it a fox. If you saw a fox in the forest, you wouldn't say "look, a dog!". It makes no sense.
>>
>>25783180
Mice and rats are similar enough tho. It's the same with foxes and dogs.
>>
cyndaquil isnt really a mouse and typlosion is more of a wolverine
>>
File: 1458351288213.png (81KB, 1006x930px) Image search: [Google]
1458351288213.png
81KB, 1006x930px
>>25783185
But Anon, don't you see? Game Freak might not care at all. The fact that it is a canine would work well enough for the Zodiac if it was actually a thing. Regardless of how a fox and dog look.

C'mon Anon, at least think a little on this
>>
>>25783219
look at the pokedex, cyndaquil is a fire-mouse pokemon
>>
>>25783203
Despite it's dex entry, it's not a mouse. It doesn't even look like a rodent.

If the Zodiac theory is true, however, I don't think they picked it up until third gen and decided Cyndaquil was good enough for a rat.
>>
>>25783230
Okay, now I know you're just baiting. Nobody can be this dumb.
>>
File: 250px-321Wailord.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-321Wailord.png
43KB, 250x250px
>>25783203
>they're similar enough

Good news, everyone! We actually got that dolphin pokémon we wanted over a decade ago.
>>
>>25783185
In Japan foxes look like shiba inus in their statues and shit. Don't believe me? Look at the shrine for good harvests; those foxes look like fucking dogs.

That's probably why they don't care.
>>
>>25783249
And blastoise is clearly a shellfish.
>>
>>25783254
>despite its dex entry, its not a mouse
>despite the pokemon franchise saying their fictional character is a mouse, this fictional character is not a mouse
>>
No. Nothing will ever confirm your theory. Gamefreak will have to say it themselves. Everything else is conjecture.
>>
>>25783275
You have no fucking idea what a theme even is.
>>
>>25783254
Well, maybe it doesn't look like a mouse under our standards but it does in the pokemon world. They wouldn't classify it as a mouse if there wasn't any resemblance.
>>
Let's assume this is true. What happens after gen 12?
>>
>>25783286
Read >>25783283
Don't be a retarded faggot
>>
>>25783068
But bears totally count as tigers: They're big, strong carnivores that live on forests and love to swim. How is that not a tiger?
>>
File: 1458153806140.png (292KB, 800x718px) Image search: [Google]
1458153806140.png
292KB, 800x718px
>>25783256
Anon, I'm not baiting at all. if anything, don't you think you might be the dense one for constantly trying to say that since Fennekin is a fox, it can't be equated to being a dog since it doesn't look like a dog? That nobody would look at a fox and automatically say 'that is a dog'?

How, in the long run, would that even matter in the subject of fictional monsters and whether or not Game Freak honestly did decide to just toss in a fox as a representative to the dog simply because they are part of the canine family?

You came in simply saying 'foxes are not dogs', and I was merely stating that even though foxes are not actually dogs, they are both part of the canine family, which could honestly be 'close enough' in Game Freak's eyes.

How is this not simple enough to really grasp?
>>
They also say an armadillo is a mouse, which it only is by some old terminology in Japan.
>>
>>25783046
I don't believe in this.
>>
>>25783314
Zodiacfag here. Bears relate more of a dog than a cat.
>>
File: 1458329150504.gif (84KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1458329150504.gif
84KB, 500x276px
>>25783310
Western Zodiac time, fool.Pisces would actually be some kind of Fire/Water mantis shrimp.
>>
The worst thing about the zodiacfags is that they're just doing it to annoy people at this point. Not even they are buying it.
>>
>>25783363
>mantis shrimp pokémon
I really need this.
>>
>>25783375
clawitzer
>>
>>25783230
By your own logic Game Freak could make fucking anything and you'd still fit it into the Zodiac somehow because apparently Game Freak "doesn't care about scientific accuracy". you can define anything as being "close enough" if you do enough mental gymnastics.

I can guarantee you that Game Freak has people well versed in zoology, there are so many designs that make clever references to real-world zoological curiosities - Poliwhirl, Shedinja, Snivy, etc - if you think the people at Game Freak are stupid enough to believe a dog and a fox or an echidna and a rat are the same thing then there's just no hope for you.
>>
File: 1400683673249.jpg (41KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
1400683673249.jpg
41KB, 286x286px
>>25783393
I forgot about it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>25783046

snake or rabbit

or tiger

but it's hawaii theme...
>>
>>25783393
>>25783419
Clawitzer is a snapping shrimp, not a mantis shrimp. They're completely different things.

>Snapping shrimp is a shrimp that shoots high-powered jets of water from its claws
>Mantis shrimp is a shrimp whose claws have developed into deadly punching weapons
>>
I still don't understand why they have whatever the heck Cyndaquil is evolve to a mustelid. What's the relation?
>>
>>25783335
So by your logic, troll, meowth is a tiger pokémon, because it's "close enough". Not even you believe that.
>>
>>25783469
I don't know. Despite it's named after a cat breed, Persian seems like it's reflecting how rich people often have exotic pets, like something from the Panthera genus.
>>
>>25783408
You're going on about mental gymnastics, but you yourself are going about it by going to an even farther extreme away from 'a couple creatures that share a family classification' to 'making anything fit in'.

I'm not saying that I think Game Freak is stupid enough to believe that they are the same thing. I'm saying that there could be a possibility that they are simply being stylistic about it, potentially also just having a little fun with it.

There's really no reason to take this so seriously, anon.
>>
>>25783046
I totally want a cute fire sneig that evolves into a more menacing shen or tianlog-like creature.
>>
>>25783469
Obviously not, Anon. Meowth is a cat, and a cat Fire Starter would obviously still work out. After all, in the legend, there was a cat that took part in the race but was screwed out of its chance to win.
>>
>>25783526
The point is that you can justify fucking anything as being part of the Zodiac with that retarded logic. "Oh this scorpion starter represents the snake because they're both venomous, they're just being stylistic about it", or "this gazelle represents the ox" or whatever dumb shit patternfags will come up with.

Sure, foxes are a lot closer to dogs than a scorpion is to a snake but they're still not fucking dogs. If gamefreak were going to follow a pattern they'd follow it, not do this bullshit. And Cyndaquil isn't even in the same order as a rat, whether you think its an echidna, a hedgehog, or a shrew its still not even a rodent, and if you instead believe Cyndaquil is a porcupine its still not even in the same suborder as a rat, its about as far from a rat as you can get while still being a mammal.
>>
Some pokemon change species entirely when they evolve, so all this talk about specific species not matching up doesn't mean a thing. Pokemon are BASED on real animals, that doesn't mean they're that exact animal. Its clear that the fire starters are based on the zodiac
>>
File: 1458929225732.jpg (95KB, 1157x772px) Image search: [Google]
1458929225732.jpg
95KB, 1157x772px
>>25783283
>>25783311
>using gaijin categories
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
>>25783650
/thread
>>
>>25783046
I don't think the zodiacfags are being all that loose. I actually know somebody that refers to foxes as a type of wild dog.
>>
>>25783650
>Pokemon are BASED on real animals
Pokemon are based on anything, Anon. You should know this by now. Animals, objects, concepts, the elements themselves. They are monsters whose origins come from anything.

But you know, obviously the zodiac began in Gen II, and was skipped a gen for VI to give us a break. After all, it's clear that all of the Zodiac starters are going to be Fire/Fighting
>>
>>25783791
I meant Gen III. I dorked.
>>
>>25783791
Pokemon are mainly focused on animals, and they act like ones no matter what they're based off of, whether it be a deer or a candle.
>>
I wouldn't believe it either way as the Cyndaquil line and Fennekin line already kill that theory forcing Zodiacfags having to stretch damn hard to include them
>>
>>25783431
Because there are so many penguins in Japan
>>
>>25783203
>Mice and rats are similar enough tho
Yes they are similar to each other, but are totally different from echidnas and badgers
>>
File: 神秘.png (519KB, 1632x555px) Image search: [Google]
神秘.png
519KB, 1632x555px
>>
>>25784204
The point is, cyndaquil isn't an echidna or a badger. It is literally the fire mouse pokémon.
>>
>rhinoceros
It's big, quadrupedal and has a horn, of course it's a bull.
>bear
Strong quadrupedal carnivore that swims, it's the tiger.
>kangaroo
Has big ears and hops, it's the rabbit.
>hummingbird
It's fast, has a long tongue and birds evolved from dinosaurs (reptiles), it's the sanek.
>giraffe
Has four legs, hooves and a mane, it's a horse.
>mammoth
It's quadrupedal, has wool and its tusks resemble horns, it's the sheep.
>>
>>25783185
You seem like a stupid person. Open up your mind a little bit eh?
>>
>>25784562
Charmander is literraly the lizard pokemon so it's not a dragon
Fennekin is literally the fox pokemon so it's not a dog
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canidae
Lamers
>>
U r dumb... in general
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.