[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Allison is fired from Nintendo is Pokémon sun and moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
Now that Allison is fired from Nintendo is Pokémon sun and moon safe from censorship
>>
>>25780885
Did she actually have anything to do with the censorship?
>>
>>25780885
She was pro-lewdness shitposter-kun.
>>
File: 1373628042471.jpg (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1373628042471.jpg
59KB, 200x200px
Maybe one less meme in the translation.
>>
>>25780897
Nope. She was Treehouse marketing, not Treehouse localization.
>>
It's a kids game
>>
File: SKINNER.gif (84KB, 277x206px) Image search: [Google]
SKINNER.gif
84KB, 277x206px
I'm not worrying about censorship, because there's nothing to fucking censor in a Pokemon game. It's never happened, and it never will.

What I'M worrying about is the fucking dialogue. The constant memes thrown in make me sick to my stomach. I could handle the odd ''noob'' term being thrown in a lot in D/P/P because it was early days, it was innocent, and it wasn't too over the top. But these days, memes are being thrown in everywhere, even Zelda games. They're not funny, and they could easily be replaced with actually clever writing instead of stupid easy le ebin humour that's targeted at internet age children.
>>
>>25780951
>stupid easy le ebin humour that's targeted at internet age children.
But that's exactly who these games are for.. why don't you just do something else?
>>
>>25780964

Because the memes aren't in the Japanese versions, they're only in the localized versions. Memes don't belong in video games like Pokemon. Yeah, they're childrens games, but they're also games for adults. They're E for everyone, so the dialogue should reflect that.
>>
File: tumblr_npvqr6T71J1tu022ro3_1280.png (470KB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npvqr6T71J1tu022ro3_1280.png
470KB, 802x802px
I bet you complained about the overwatch situation too.
>>
>>25781101
そ う だ ね
>>
>>25780989
The Japanese games are full of fucking memes. Why do you think Spiky Eared Pichu exists?
>>
I think we shouldn't go after game developers and target ESRB and other prudish rating systems instead.
If a pokemon game is going to get locked out of a E rating because of something like the game corner, what option do they have?
Take a huge risk at losing sales? Shareholders wouldn't allow that. It's these rating systems forcing their hand. Not low level employees.
>>
>>25781603
>Why do you think Spiky Eared Pichu exists?
Explain please
>>
>>25781101
>tumblr.png
tee hee
>>
Considering she was only part of marketing and was actually against censorship, no
>>
>>25780951
American TV shows have memes
American advertising has memes
American websites have memes
American movies have memes
memes are fully integrated into American pop culture now and America can't get enough of its references. This is something you just need to accept
>>
>>25781650
Giza (Spiky) is an old, weird-ass Japanese word that nobody uses. The word ended up becoming an internet meme because Shokotan threw it around on her blog a few times back when she was Japanese Boxy. Spiky Ear Pichu only exists as a reference to that meme.
>>
>>25781707
So you're insinuating that Spiky-Eared Pichu and the entire movie it was in are just references to a Shokotan meme? I don't really believe that.
>>
>>25781720
Not the movie, just the Pichu. That's also why she voices the thing.
>>
>>25781720
It was going to be a black and white Pichu, but they wanted Shokotan to voice a character in the movie, so they changed it to a meme that she created.
>>
>>25781732
Kinda hard to argue against it if she voiced the damn thing
>>
>>25781720
>>25781732
why cant i marry shokotan
>>
>>25781765
>It was going to be a black and white Pichu
Proof where?
>>
>>25781813
She talks about it in her autobiography.
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/features/nakagawa_shouko_pokemon_meaning_life.html
>>
>>25781774
why would you, she's christmas cake
>>
>>25780885
What would there even be to censor?! I mean in X and Y we had Lysandre trying to commit fucking genocide and that wasn't censored, they actually showed war in a Pokemon game and even showed the death of a Pokemon and that wasn't censored, hell even in ORAS they had the Swimmer Female where a two piece bikini and they didn't censor it. If none of that was censored, what the hell could they add in that would NEED to be censored!?
>>
>>25780885
Good to know.
I don't like censorship.
>>
File: removed.jpg (25KB, 636x425px) Image search: [Google]
removed.jpg
25KB, 636x425px
>>25781862
They removed two ladies in Pokémon ORAS.

I dislike censorship.
>>
>>25781669
Fuck off cuck
>>
>>25780951
>I'm not worrying about censorship, because there's nothing to fucking censor in a Pokemon game. It's never happened, and it never will.

Voltorb Switch
>>
>>25780951
>>25781862

But there is plenty of stuff that's censored in English localizations

Like the high hiker from R/G/B/Y
Or the line about people and Pokémon marrying from DPPt
Or the transgender Black Belt/Beauty from XY

I guess these examples are all pretty minor, but they are there
>>
>>25783416
I was really looking forward to seeing them again.
>>
>>25786102
>Or the transgender Black Belt/Beauty from XY
That wasn't censored, she still says she used to be a Black Belt but just doesn't make the reference to medical science.
>>
>>25786128
I know right.
Censorship sucks.
>>
File: 240px-Voltorb_Flip.png (53KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Voltorb_Flip.png
53KB, 240x360px
>>25780951
They removed Voltorb Flip.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.