[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Nidoking? How has his usefulness changed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 232x218px
What are your thoughts on Nidoking?
How has his usefulness changed over the gens?
>>
My thoughts are that he is way smaller and lighter than I thought he was as a kid and it depresses me that such an intimidating looking monster is like two feet shorter than me.
>>
>>25771864
Shaq, please stop posting on 4chan, thanks.
>>
sheer force with life orb is pretty good and his move pool is full of wonderful special attacks with secondary effects. the only thing keeping him uu is his sub-par defense.
>>
i want to be a male nidokings fart slave
>>
>>25771864
This tbqh fampai
>>
>>25771879

Machamp detected.
>>
Not my favorite pokemon, but I think he has one of the best, if the THE best pokemon design.

He, and his line almost look like they could have been animals at some point, but with the design being slightly "monster-yfied".

I wish he got a mega.
>>
>>25771899
As opposed to female Nidoking?
>>
>>25771864
I distinctly remember when I was a kid the day I realized I was as tall as a Nidoking. Thought it was actually really cool.
>>
My FR HM slave
>>
It rustles my autism people use special builds on him when he has more attack then SPA

even after XY when his attack got buffed

anyways he's in my top 5 favorite pokemon total.
>>
>>25771864
This. I really like Nidoking and to date I think it is one of the top designs but boy was I disappointed by his height. I also like Nidoqueen, their cousins Aggron and Rhyperior
>>
>>25772032
His special movepool can abuse Sheerorb better with really wide coverage
>>
I liked him as a kid

but now there are plenty of both Ground and Poison types that I prefer
>>
>>25771938
Machamp is actually taller than Nidoking
>>
>>25772032
You're an idiot.
>>
Since the episode featuring pink nidoking I have seen him as a terrifying Pokemon. It's a shame about its height
>>
>>25772032
Sheer force + life orb can abuse earth power more. EQ doesn't have a secondary effect so it doesnt count.
>>
>>25771975
We call those "Shinies".
>>
>>25771820
Obviously, it's an awesome design, though the XY model kinda ruins it.

It's also cool that it has stayed relevant with its brute power all these years, but again, it is a shame about its awful defensive typing.
>>
What about in gen 1? Would you have used him in preference to Golem/Rhydon, or Sandslash/Dugtrio?
>>
>>25772249
>Awful defensive typing

It's not that bad. I feel like Gen VI has make his typing way better than it was both offensively and defensively.

It's a neat pokemon, just a little too slow. Personally i prefer Nidoqueen
>>
>>25772610
The thing about Nidoking is that you can get him way earlier than those pokemon. If you get Nidoran in route 22, you can have a Nidoking just after Mt. Moon, which is really fucking powerful.
>>
>>25772764
This. In Gen 1, having something with Nidoking's stats will carry you all the way to Erika, even with shitty moves
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.