[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>check Youtube for Pokémon Reorchestrated serious quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1396055402787.png (279KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
1396055402787.png
279KB, 470x469px
>check Youtube for Pokémon Reorchestrated serious quality tunes
>whole channel has been taked down for copyright issues by Youtube and The Pokémon Company
>mfw

I know they were selling some of those tunes but holy fuck could have just been forced to not make money from those songs instead.
Frankly fanprojects like this only help to spread the Pokèmon mania instead of the toxic factory that is Smogon.

Yet Showdown is still not shut down by TPC or Nintendo...nor is that Chinese rip off game with gijinkas.
>>
>>25763891
>I know they were selling some of those tunes

Nobody to blame but themselves, then.
>>
>>25763930
The problem is, anyone has a right to cover a song and sell it.
>>
>>25763995

But only if they pay a license fee to the original creator, under U.S. law anyway. You can't just release your own version for profit without going through the licensing process.
>>
>>25764020
Actually he payed a license for use it.
>>
>>25764076

That changes things. If true, then it probably shouldn't have been taken down.
>>
>>25763930
>>25764126

Upon further reading, it sounds like these guys did everything legitimately, and TPC has been shifty about the reasons for the takedown.

So consider my opinion changed. TPC is in the wrong here, if they're taking down fan content that did things right and went through legitimate channels.
>>
Aww shit! I wanted to download it some day...

Any kind anon out there with torrent or stuff? I really really liked this guy's stuff.
>>
>>25764185
Sad thing is they were updating their channel with Johto Legends and was put in a hiatus. Perhaps TPC is plaining a release of the Pokemon Orchestra and they do not want deal with a similar fan-project.
>>
>>25764202
This. I am hunting for quality poketunes.
>>
>>25764385
I'll get to searching later as well. It's just too good.
>>
I paid for them and preserved the files, they're on my ext hdd. But i don't know of an easy way to return to threads i've posted in aside from saving the URL which I won't be bothered to do. So if any of you ask me for them I'll probably never see this thread again. RIP Pokemon Reorchestrated
>>
Bump for maybe someone will share.
>>
>>25763891
Shame, it was a genuinely good and devoted project, also helped developing both music talents and love for Pokemon games, while probably people would still download ripped ROMs of the gen 1-5 games they would still bring attention to Pokemon. I've made my friends and relatives listen to some of these reorchestrated tracks and they really enjoyed some, you know classics that are already masterpieces as original versions such Abandoned Ship, they were very pleasingly surprised those were part of handhandled console games and the Pokemon saga.

I had to remove all my musical folders in general lately to make some space, should buy an external memory, and left bookmarks all over their channel, now I've lost those too I guess. Made me company in so many rainy nights.
>>
I got it on iTunes from a gift card ages ago but don't want to be the guy to share
This is sad to hear
>>
>>25763930
Making money doesn't matter like you think it does, theft is just theft if it isn't transformative
>>25764126
It is all automated bullshit then, there's tons of WTFS videos about it
>>
>>25763891
My guess is more wtfu automated shit, or TPC being the biggest jerks of the three copyright holders of Pokemon
>>
>>25764649
Just go to the catalog and pin the thread?
>>
Nintendo is pretty ridiculous with its rights. Sony and Microsoft don't really give a damn about the YouTube community using its content, but Nintendo is hardcore. You have to be approved by Nintendo to post content and they take a cut if you make any money. The other two companies consider it as free advertising but Nintendo continues to be the autisit nerd that doesn't want anyone touching their stuff.
>>
>>25763930
He had a fucking license.
It's only Google being pussies following TPCi's stupid made up rules. The music is still available on itunes and spotify and what not.
>>
I have Kanto Symphony, Hoenn Summer, and Double Team. Was there any that I missed downloading?
>>
File: tumblr_mpvn9r58d01s8zdwuo1_500.jpg (80KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpvn9r58d01s8zdwuo1_500.jpg
80KB, 500x401px
Decided to search through Youtube to find any reuploads.
Lavender Town's damn good. Gonna have to look through these re orchestrated albums more.
>>
>>25770871
There was a Johto edition of HGSS, another mini special with GSC edits and some original RSE Hoenn being reorchested, I think they have made 2 versions of the Abandoned Ship for example.
>>
>>25764185
>>25764126
>>25764076
>>25764299
>>25768730
>>25770820
It's not shady at all, people have talked about this over and over on /vp/ and the guy made a blog post about it. His license had explicit rules about where the music would be available that didn't include YouTube. The music is still available through iTunes, Loudr, Spotify and Google Play. You're only hurting him by searching for/downloading re-uploads. Stop with the whole "TPCi are being mean bullies" nonsense already.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.