[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Pokemon manga? Is it better or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: 04Y.jpg (117KB, 270x609px) Image search: [Google]
04Y.jpg
117KB, 270x609px
What do you think of the Pokemon manga? Is it better or worse than the anime?
>>
>>25760662
Which manga? Special? Yeah it's better. Adventures? Still probably better.
>>
>>25760662
Not a troll, seriously just curious, why does her hair look like Zoroark hair?
>>
>the Pokemon manga

Senpai there's at least 8 gorillion Pokemon manga
>>
>>25760662
>the Pokemon manga
Which one?
>>
>>25760662

Reburst is pretty alright for being max-edge, but yeah, Adventures is way better than the Anime. Not afraid to do things that aren't rated G.
>>
>>25760662
The only think the manga does better is that it's more consistent. (like that's hard compared to NO consistency) Otherwise, it's just as childish, if not more so.
>>
Special does its fair share of stupid shit. It's not perfect. But it's definitely more fulfilling to read than the epitome of wheel spinning that is the anime.
>>
File: Y-san.jpg (230KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
Y-san.jpg
230KB, 700x900px
>>25760662
I loved the fact that the female lead is a sky trainer though. Gives a lot of way for the occasional fanservice as part of the mangaka's guilty pleasure over naked/bodysuit fetish.

Unfortunately, barely any fanart is done, except for the Y fanarts made by hun on pixiv, which all consist of gore of the sickest calibur. They were the only well-drawn ones, so I couldn't resist and liked them, yet I feel bad about it.
>>
>>25760662
Y ended up cutting her hair in pokespe as well so I'm a bit bitter with it for the time being. Especially since it was even shorter than anime Serena's.

>>25760695
>>25760737
It's faily obvious which one he meant given the picture, and even then pokespe is the most popular one in the West by far. People still refer to the anime as "the anime" even though Origins exists.
>>
>the pokemon manga
>the

Nope.
>>
>>25760695
>Special
>Adventures
They're the same thing, one is the Nip name, one is the English name.
>>
File: Y school uniform.png (190KB, 236x519px) Image search: [Google]
Y school uniform.png
190KB, 236x519px
It's not a very brilliant manga, but it is intriguing.
>>
Never got the appeal of Adventures desu. I've tried reading it in the past, didn't like it much. Recently read the ORAS chapters that have been translated and it sucks. The protagonists are all varying degrees of obnoxious, the plot is a clusterfuck, and Zinnia is awful unsurprisingly.

What especially got to me was how badly written Archie and Maxie are. They spend 90% of their time infodumping and finish each other's sentences like they have twin telepathy. It's like their personality has been sucked out. Why would the writer remove all the character they had from the games?
>>
>>25760909
>Y ended up cutting her hair in pokespe as well so I'm a bit bitter with it for the time being. Especially since it was even shorter than anime Serena's.

I literally yelled at my screen when I got to this part. Just..why does this have to be a thing in japan?
>>
File: y haircut ver 2.png (66KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
y haircut ver 2.png
66KB, 500x333px
>>25762905
It's meant to be a shout-out to Trainer Customization in the game. Anime Serena is also like that too, except her design is completely original.
>>
>>25762894
The current arcs have been the worse they've ever been since the author got bumrushed with the games being yearly releases.

And I don't think the Archie and Maxie are even the same ones from RS since they were kill at the end of RS so they seem different because they are different.
>>
>>25763040
I'm talking about how in ORAS Archie and Maxie have fun, distinct personalities, while in the ORAS chapter they're bland as rice and exist purely to move the plot along. Taking personality away from characters is terrible writing.

I guess it's understandable it would get worse if the author has to work on a lot of shit at the same time. And now SM is coming out too, that's gotta suck.
>>
>>25762970
Well, in anime Serena's case it isn't so much trainer customization because they show the in-game options off somewhere else on mannequins.
>>
>>25762894
>personality
>Sucked out

ORAS had even fucking worse characterization and probably the worst plot in anything Pokemon related saved Burst bullshit.
>>
>>25763302
>ORAS had even fucking worse characterization
No it didn't. Some characterization is better than no characterization. Team Magma and Aqua were just copy pastes of each other with their motivations slightly changed.
ORAS Maxie and Archie had actual personalities.
>>
>>25760662
All I know they gave Serena an even shorter haircut than her anime counterpart, for that it's shit.
>>
File: y crack.jpg (349KB, 870x1200px) Image search: [Google]
y crack.jpg
349KB, 870x1200px
>>25763410
She's the mangaka's target for his obscure fetishes, particularly ryona.
>>
>>25760662
If you're referring to the series with Red, Blue, Gold, etc, best fucking thing ever.
>>
>>25763830
A- Am I looking at this right? I know poke special could get edgy but this is insane
>>
>>25760726
>>25760737
There's literally only one being made currently.
>>
>>25763874
It's just Essentia who shapeshifted to match Y's appearance.

I am almost certain that the mangaka is hun's alter ego or something.
>>
>>25763302
>ORAS had even fucking worse characterization
To be fair it was a continuation of the RSE arc where most of the characterization was.
>>
>>25760662
They are amazing. The anime itself doesn't seems to evolve. But the Manga it's a gem.
>>
>>25760662
>the Pokemon manga
There's at least five different manga series.

>>25760909
Origins is a two-hour special.
>>
>>25760662
>people complaining and comparing Y haircut with Serena

Get over Serena. She is NOT important (and it will be forgotten in the next stupid season)

Anyways who cares?
>>
>>25764026
Sorry op didn't meant to tag you
>>
File: bien por vos.gif (942KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
bien por vos.gif
942KB, 300x169px
>>25763410

Tastfull anon here

Brillant critical mind

You represent /vp/ splendidly
>>
>>25763302
You can't be serious. Of all the things to criticize ORAS for, giving Aqua and Magma actual characterization is not one of them. They're some of the most fleshed out characters in the Pokemon games.
>>
File: Y adventures.jpg (94KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Y adventures.jpg
94KB, 600x800px
>>25760737
Well i assume he refers to Pokemon Special/Adventures since he posted Y

Still better than anime serena
>>
I take it Special/Adventures have A LOT of fanservice?
>>
>>25760894
Which other characters get naked/bodysuit art?
>>
File: lewd Y bubbles.jpg (160KB, 900x1379px) Image search: [Google]
lewd Y bubbles.jpg
160KB, 900x1379px
>>25768776
For XY, it's just Y and Essentia. For the other series though, there's a lot of fanservice done for Sapphire, Green, and other females.
>>
>>25760662
The characters are always named something retarded.
>>
File: image.png (83KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83KB, 212x218px
>>25760894
Just looked up the art....
>>
>>25760662
RS, DPP and BW are cool. Didn't read BW2 or XY.

Rest is as good, if it's the appropriate term, as the anime. The Mask of Ice shit is worse than anything the anime has ever done.
>>
>>25770109
Yeah, there's a feeling of your soul being robbed over thinking what kind of man draws these things and jacks off to it. Can't even post the tamest ones here. They all get a lot of points from the gore fanbase though, so I guess that tells a lot of the Japanese pixiv viewers love this stuff.
>>
>>25770137
Mask of Ice was a decent villain, it certainly made for a better plot than just following GSC with some nameless admin as the mastermind.
Also Pt wasn't particularly good, just a clusterfuck of legends brawling by the end.
>>
>>25770059
Post Sapphire fanservice, leaf costume or not.

In the ORAS arc, was she completely ruined like May was?
>>
>>25762905
Because cutting one's hair is part of their culture to change. In fact it's a west thing too, at least not as prevalent for women. To let go of something you consider dear, your hair, and start anew.
>>
>>25762608
Why do you post that schoolgirl uniform pic?
>>
>>25771155
Probably because school uniforms are cute.
>>
>>25763942
And ashnime is a weekly TV show, what's your point?
>>
>>25771155
Because it's the era of idols and school girls, mate.
>>
>>25771680
please post more pokegirls in school uniforms
>>
>>25770059
Sapphire was basically pure fanservice with her jungle girl costume.
>>
File: 1439609137212.jpg (20KB, 284x285px) Image search: [Google]
1439609137212.jpg
20KB, 284x285px
>>25771155
Why the fuck NOT?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.